SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» League Table Mid week 7
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 4:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 7
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 4:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 07
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 4:48 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 06
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 4:47 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Netflix
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 4:39 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 09
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 3:46 pm by Mackemneil

» Please Please Please
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 3:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Bolton Wanders v Sunderland AFC
living - Living in the NE EmptyToday at 2:51 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland Goalkeeper suffers broken arm
living - Living in the NE EmptyYesterday at 7:27 pm by Hieronymus

» Clean sheet today
living - Living in the NE EmptyYesterday at 6:17 pm by wanderer

Living in the NE

Go down

living - Living in the NE Empty Living in the NE

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 5:28 am

When linked with players we constantly hear 'they won't go up there, oh it's past the Watford Gap (Defoe),' etc etc etc.

Yet the club have aquired a Spaniard that seems to be loving it, making the most of the area the club and the fans...

I give you Carlos Cuellar.......if this fella performs on the pitch as good as he gives interviews, a cult hero in the making.

.................................................................................

Spaniard Cuellar living la vida loca in north east.
Carlos Cuellar has wasted no time in sampling everything the North East has to offer following his move from Aston Villa this summer.

The Spanish defender immersed himself in the region's culture since arriving at the Stadium of Light in earlier this summer, spending his days off visiting local landmarks such as Roker Beach and Durham Cathedral.

A huge advocate of social media, Cuellar has been keeping fans up to date with his travels and sight-seeing via his Twitter account and runs regular competitions on his official website.

"I'm enjoying my time in the North East, and on my days off I like to visit different places," he said. "You have a lovely city, beach and restaurants. I'm so happy here and enjoying it a lot.

"There's a massive difference to Birmingham, there are different things to do. I think the beach is so important because it makes you feel better with the views. Durham Cathedral was very nice. I think there is a lot more to do.

Cuellar believes it is important footballers do not isolate themselves from the fans who watch them week in and week out, and to demonstrate this is hoping to organise a social event to properly introduce himself to the Sunderland faithful.

He added: "I love drinking coffee, and if the supporters want to join me that is fine. I'm trying to arrange a meeting with around 50 supporters to have a coffee and chat with me for a few hours one afternoon.

"It's very important the players get to know the supporters because sometimes they think you are untouchable and really special.

"But we are no more special than them. So I think it is good to talk to them and to know how they feel about you and about the team.

"It's also good for them because they don't know a lot about what happens inside the club or the dressing room and you have to talk to them to let them know how things are working.

The more they know players and how they feel the more the supporters can help us on the pitch.

"I think there has to be constant communication between the players and the crowd. They help us and we can help them. It's important to communicate all the time."

Follow Carlos at his Twitter account @Cuellar24 and on his official website www.cuellar24.com.

Back to top Go down

living - Living in the NE Empty Re: Living in the NE

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-08-24, 5:47 am

A number of things jump out Commo.

No pre conceived ideas
Getting out and finding out for himself
Humility
Seems a very nice man

I agree, cult hero in the making..

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 5:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:A number of things jump out Commo.

No pre conceived ideas
Getting out and finding out for himself
Humility
Seems a very nice man

I agree, cult hero in the making..

Love this bit.

He added: "I love drinking coffee, and if the supporters want to join me that is fine. I'm trying to arrange a meeting with around 50 supporters to have a coffee and chat with me for a few hours one afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2012-08-24, 6:00 am

must confess, not a signing that excited me so maybe pre conceived ideas all round are a bad thing

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 6:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:must confess, not a signing that excited me so maybe pre conceived ideas all round are a bad thing

Maybe not, but surely if the player is happy within their personal life and the surroundings, rather than doing it solely for the big bucks, it has to make a difference as to how they perform..or am i thinking to much?

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2012-08-24, 6:07 am

commachio wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:must confess, not a signing that excited me so maybe pre conceived ideas all round are a bad thing

Maybe not, but surely if the player is happy within their personal life and the surroundings, rather than doing it solely for the big bucks, it has to make a difference as to how they perform..or am i thinking to much?

Nice thought and all...........get a drink into ya before ya sober up lol

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 6:14 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
commachio wrote:

Nice thought and all...........get a drink into ya before ya sober up lol

Can't not yet....

Waiting for Europe to wake up and start work..this time difference is a reet pain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 10:04 am

Class character my next door neighbour is a Rangers fan and they still love him.
He was down visiting Villa Park with his lad who loves football no matter what team it is, Cuellar was getting on mini bus with other players and the stewards were refusing fans access to the players but he saw thwarting Rangers top and made the effort to get of the bus to go and speak to them get his picture taken. Just a really nice guy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2012-08-24, 10:45 am

commachio wrote:

I too think Cuellar is a great character and will become a hero to Sunderland fans.

Totally agree Commachio. If you are happy in your personal life, then you are more likely to be happy in your professional life. I have noticed that foreign players are like this in the main as long as their first British club was not in London, where they would have gained bad habits and expectations!!! Because they have moved from their own country and had to learn a foreign language, which involves learning about the culture, foreign players seem to understand what is important, and are willing to make the necessary adjustments to ensure they and their families settle well.

Once we get the players here I can not remember any one saying anything but good things about the North East and the way of life we can offer.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 1:00 pm

Legend in the making, let's hope he does well on the park as well.

Great read.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2012-08-24, 4:12 pm

He seems like a real top bloke..
MrRAWhite
MrRAWhite
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 4:17 pm

Well that was refreshing, speaks very well. Even more reasons to like him

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2012-08-24, 4:22 pm

If he really does that meet carlos thing he best make sure he has a mackem spanish translator as he might get challenged by some of the local accents. Mush I reckon you should volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum