SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
club - Club v country EmptyToday at 4:39 pm by canary-dave

» A very good morning one and all
club - Club v country EmptyToday at 4:33 pm by oxfordshire

» A very happy birthday!
club - Club v country EmptyToday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
club - Club v country EmptyToday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
club - Club v country EmptyToday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
club - Club v country EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
club - Club v country EmptyYesterday at 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
club - Club v country EmptyYesterday at 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» For SidMCFC
club - Club v country Empty2019-10-20, 7:13 pm by Sid MCFC

» Parky it is then
club - Club v country Empty2019-10-20, 7:53 am by cyprussyd

Club v country

Go down

club - Club v country Empty Club v country

Post  Guest on 2013-07-17, 1:29 pm

Just watching Arsenal v Vietnam, 1 up in minutes, and this is after just beating Indonesia a few days ago 7-0.

Got me thinking, just which club teams could beat international teams. How would Arsenal fair with England, Germany or Spain. Indeed could the likes of SAFC cope with some international teams?

Back to top Go down

club - Club v country Empty Re: Club v country

Post  Guest on 2013-07-17, 8:55 pm

Beating England is easy, for the Dagenham Girl Pipers, never mind a pro team, Thats why Ive lost interest with the England team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-07-17, 9:57 pm

commachio wrote:Just watching Arsenal v Vietnam, 1 up in minutes, and this is after just beating Indonesia a few days ago 7-0.

Got me thinking, just which club teams could beat international teams. How would Arsenal fair with England, Germany or Spain. Indeed could the likes of SAFC cope with some international teams?

Champions League Quarter Final clubs, with the first choice of players would win 90% of the games against all but the top five & even then when playing the five would fair favorably against them. 
Friends in the game have talked about this on & off over many years. To prove the point you just have to look at most players outside the top 10 countries to see that there players can not preform at the top level bar one or two exceptional ones. Clubs are made up of a higher average quality player in the CL & EPL etc. They train & play together week in week out at the very best facilities with supposedly the very best coaches, medics & nutritionists etc. Most countries can't even dream of such things which I guess is why supporters in a country like England who've under preformed consistently for so long have become disillusioned with the international game due to there lack of success.

Back to your question Comm - Arsenal, with the first choice of players, would beat England but lose to the others.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum