SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad

Go down

EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad

Post  Guest on 2013-07-11, 11:07 pm

Soon-to-be Sunderland player Emanuele Giaccherini: Discussion and statistics

I’m sure I’m not the only person slightly surprised that Sunderland are on the verge of signing Emanuele Giaccherini, as the Juventus utility player would represent a real coup for the club. One way or another, Paolo Di Canio has obviously done a tremendous job in selling the team – and the area – to the Italian, and Sunderland are close to having an extremely useful player on their hands.
Giaccherini’s key quality is his versatility, and his ability to play a whole plethora of midfielder and attacking positions. As ever with a foreign player, the press have been quick to provide an English comparison, with James Milner offered as the rather ill-fitting parallel. That, however, does Giaccherini a big disservice: he’s far more technically-able, is a much better passer of the ball, is more creative, and is more of a goal-threat.
Anyway, that will all become clear if Sunderland complete the deal – here are some statistics from ‘Magic Jack’s’ 2012/13:
– He started 10 league games for Juventus, and made a further 7 substitute appearances.
– He scored 3 goals and provided 3 assists.
– On average, he had 2.2 shots per game.
– He created 1.9 scoring chances per game.
– He completed 8 successful dribbles across the season, at an average of 0.5 per game.
– He completed 559 of 636 attempted passes (87.9%).
– He completed 17 of 46 attempted crosses.
– He played an average of 37.4 passes per game.
– He made 37 successful tackles during the season, at an average of 1.6 per game.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/soon-to-be-sunderland-player-emanuele-giaccherini-discussion-and-statistics/

I like what Im reading so far, sounds like a realy good purchase.

Back to top Go down

EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty Re: EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad

Post  Guest on 2013-07-11, 11:55 pm

Juve didn't want to sell him, Bill. But they have to balance the books after spending barrow-loads of lira on Tevez. They originally wanted £9m for him but settled for £7m plus add-ons which depend on games played and goals scored.

Back to top Go down

EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty Re: EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad

Post  Guest on 2013-07-12, 12:17 am

Their loss our gain IMO. I feel this lad is going to make a big impact on our club. About the same size as Stan Cummins, short but very nippy, seems to have all the tools.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-12, 6:14 am

Signing Tevez is a loss? - I wish we could lose like that. (I'm sorry, I twisted your meaning for a laugh).

I particularly like Giaccherini's passing success rate. No so great at crossing (37% success there) but then we've got wingers to do that. We need it more through the middle. I reckon if this feller can string good passes through to Altidore and Fletcher those two might just have an idea of what to do with them.

Thing I can't work out is whether he's being signed in preparation for shipping out Sess, or whether Paulo wants the option of two clever players in the middle for different opposition. I hope it's the latter but I'm not so sure.

Back to top Go down

EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty Re: EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , STATS AND FACTS.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-12, 4:46 pm

Hi Guys,

first at all I apologize foor my bad English, hope you can understand.

I'm a Juventus supporter and I bet that you will love Giak in a very short time.
Sure, He's not a top-player but is a "lucky-star" for all manager. 
Emanuele has a good basic technique combined with a surprising resistance (it would be interesting to add to your statistics kilometers / game).
has a great sense of position and support for the strikers. He was born as a winger in a 4-3-3 but Mr. Conte has turned him into a great interpreter of all the positions of the midline in the 3-5-2 formation. I do not know what tactic will use Di Canio but with Giak he can be change it during the match without substitutions. I think this is great for a Manager. Also he is a very cool guy. 
there are the reasons why even Prandelli utilize Giak on the national team while he is a Juventus substitute.
It's difficoult to find a similarity to an english player but if i have to choose one, I choose Paul Scholes.

Giak was born in my small village, Bibbiena and now Sunderland have 1 new Italian Supporter.

Hope for the best for Sunderland and for Giak.

Bye.

Luca

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-12, 4:53 pm

Luca17 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm a Juventus supporter and I bet that you will love Giak in a very short time.
Emanuele has a good basic technique combined with a surprising resistance (it would be interesting to add to your statistics kilometers / game).
has a great sense of position and support for the strikers. He was born as a winger in a 4-3-3 but Mr. Conte has turned him into a great interpreter of all the positions of the midline in the 3-5-2 formation. I do not know what tactic will use Di Canio but with Giak he can be change it during the match without substitutions. I think this is great for a Manager. Also he is a very cool guy. 
there are the reasons why even Prandelli utilize Giak on the national team while he is a Juventus substitute.
It's difficoult to find a similarity to an english player but if i have to choose one, I choose Paul Scholes.

Giak was born in my small village, Bibbiena and now Sunderland have 1 new Italian Supporter.

Bye.

Luca

welcome young man and I can guarantee that your English is better than my Italian, in fact its better than my English.

If you are comparing with Scholes then that will do for me

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2013-07-12, 5:13 pm

Bye.

Luca
thanks for that
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-07-12, 6:01 pm

Bye.

Luca
Welcome to our forum Luca, your post was most interesting and Giak sounds exactly the type of player Sunderland supporters love. We are all looking forward to our new season very much, with our 'Italian Revolution' making this transfer window very exciting Very Happy 

Perhaps one day you will come to Sunderland and visit us at the Stadium of Light?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-12, 8:37 pm

Bye.

Luca
HI LUCA, and welcome, I am so glad you picked up on my thread, and so glad you have become a part of our small, but growing community, you are a breath of fresh air. Italy comes to Wearside. Magic. We are not the biggest site in the world, but I like to think , the friendliest. Sorry to say this but everyone on this site, myself included, are going to want to pick your brains, for your knowledge, If thats OK.  Also if you wish to come to Sunderland, please do, we have a very nice room just waiting, and my wife does approve. normally she hates football.  Realy nice that you have joined us. Next task for you is get your friends involved..... By the way,,, this week, Ive been wearing my blue Italian rugby shirt sponsored by Jaguar. Not worn it for a while, I bought it , when I worked fo AERONAVALLI in Venice, Marco Polo airport.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-15, 3:44 pm

Sems this one is done

https://twitter.com/FabRomano21

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-15, 3:59 pm

Reports in Italy suggest that Emanuele Giaccherini has joined up with Sunderland at their pre-season training base and is ready to push through a switch from Juventus.
by Chris Burton 3:31 PM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty Grande Emanuele!!!!

Post  Guest on 2013-07-15, 4:31 pm

Hello guys, I am also a fan of Juventus.
I just registered just to tell you how much all of us fans have loved Emanuele. he is a great guy and a perfect professional.
Its main features are a dynamic and fast shooting. Also always runs for 90 minutes and helps the whole team.
Each team should have a player like him.
I am writing with my heart in my hand, I'm really sad for his departure, I ask you to support it forever.
It will not be a top player, but it is a Juventus true, he never gives up

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-07-15, 5:19 pm

Welcome Juventus Member, thank you for your post. I am glad to hear you support your fellow Italian, Luca17, in his praise for Emanuele Giaccherini. If he is as good as you both say he will soon become a fans favourite at Sunderland too.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-15, 5:29 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Welcome Juventus Member, thank you for your post. I am glad to hear you support your fellow Italian, Luca17, in his praise for Emanuele Giaccherini. If he is as good as you both say he will soon become a fans favourite at Sunderland too.

Giaccherini has a talent for be loved right away. Maybe you missed the goal in front of goal, but one thing is certain, by 100%! always!
As our coach Antonio Conte says "at the end of each game the boys come out of the field with the shirt sweaty after having given the maximum"

Giaccherini always came out with the shirt and sweaty after giving 110%

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-15, 7:55 pm

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Emanuele Giaccherini has undergone the first stage of a medical with Sunderland at the club's training camp in Italy. Reports claim he will officially sign from Juventus tomorrow before having another medical in England on Thursday.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

EMANUELE GIACCHERINI , joined up with squad Empty Giaccherini signs

Post  cretanmakem on 2013-07-15, 8:18 pm

This is the signing I have been waiting for , a good midfield utility player , versatile across the park , forward moving and I am sure going to be a valuable asset to SAFC .
All I need now is confirmation of Peruzzi and Mavrais ( oh what a transfer window this has been/is ) .
Just 9 days till we see the new boys in red and white ( 24th july 10.30 am sky1 )
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-15, 8:20 pm

cretanmakem wrote:This is the signing I have been waiting for , a good midfield utility player , versatile across the park , forward moving and I am sure going to be a valuable asset to SAFC .
All I need now is confirmation of Peruzzi and Mavrais ( oh what a transfer window this has been/is ) .
Just 9 days till we see the new boys in red and white ( 24th july 10.30 am sky1 )

BEEN THE MOST EXCITING WINDOW FOR A LONG LONG TIME

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-15, 9:27 pm

Sky sources are reporting that Sunderland will sign Italian international Emanuele Giaccherini from Juventus within the next 24 hours.The 28-year-old, who can play on the wing or as an attacking midfielder, is believed to have joined up with the Black Cats at their training camp near Lake Garda in Italy so that he can have a medical and complete the dealIt was reported last Thursday that Juventus had somewhat reluctantly accepted an offer of around £8.5m from Sunderland for Giaccherini.The former Cesena man, who has 14 Italy caps to his name, wants regular first-team football, which he is not assured of at Juve.Juventus' general manager Giuseppe Marotta said last week: "In Giaccherini's transfer to Sunderland, the will of the player had priority over the club's."Emanuele evaluated, not only the economic aspects, but also the standing he will have at Sunderland, and it was a challenge he decided to accept. We have gone along with his wishes."Sunderland have had a busy summer so far, having already signed Jozy Altidore, El-Hadji Ba, Cabral, Modibo Diakite, David Moberg Karlsson, Vito Mannone, Valentin Roberge and Duncan Watmore.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum