SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing EmptyToday at 3:19 am by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing

Go down

Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 5:23 pm

I realy am looking forward to this happening, this can realy Push the club forward, Now more folks might just believe in the PDC way forward. Also gaining more interest within Italy. Just class IMO...........LOVIN IT, The best window ever. dont care about next season just yet, purely enjoying the moment.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Italy's famous pink sport newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport today run with a headline on page 5 saying, in English, 'Goodbye, Giaccherini'. The newspaper claim the Italian international is now almost a Sunderland player and that Paolo Di Canio has been instrumental in securing the signing of the player from Juventus.
He's 28 and has been at the Turin club for a couple of seasons, before that he spent most of his career on loan to various sides around Italy. The arrival of new players at the Serie A champions means Giaccherini will get less chances and he'll still have a big hope of making Italy's World Cup squad. He managed 17 Serie A appearances last year as Juventus stormed to the title but 7 of those were as a substitute and he'll no doubt think that a move to Sunderland and playing every week can only help a dream of being in Brazil next summer.
Money will have helped too, reports in Italy and in England, through The Mirror, claim that the player has been offered around double his salary to move to Sunderland as the Premier League club continue rebuilding ahead of next season.
Gazzetta say he is a step away from making the move complete and Juventus are already looking at possible replacements for Giaccherini, who can play on either wing or more central, he's a versatile player who Juventus will miss.
The Italian was part of his country's Confederations Cup squad and featured in every game, starting the match against Spain. He'll know he needs to keep himself playing if he's still to be so involved with the national set-up next summer.
Sounds like an exciting signing for Sunderland, and Gazzetta reckon he'll only cost around €8m, which is a lot less than the reports in England are saying.

Italy's famous pink sport newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport today run with a headline on page 5 saying, in English, 'Goodbye, Giaccherini'. The newspaper claim the Italian international is now almost a Sunderland player and that Paolo Di Canio has been instrumental in securing the signing of the player from Juventus.
He's 28 and has been at the Turin club for a couple of seasons, before that he spent most of his career on loan to various sides around Italy. The arrival of new players at the Serie A champions means Giaccherini will get less chances and he'll still have a big hope of making Italy's World Cup squad. He managed 17 Serie A appearances last year as Juventus stormed to the title but 7 of those were as a substitute and he'll no doubt think that a move to Sunderland and playing every week can only help a dream of being in Brazil next summer.
Money will have helped too, reports in Italy and in England, through The Mirror, claim that the player has been offered around double his salary to move to Sunderland as the Premier League club continue rebuilding ahead of next season.
Gazzetta say he is a step away from making the move complete and Juventus are already looking at possible replacements for Giaccherini, who can play on either wing or more central, he's a versatile player who Juventus will miss.
The Italian was part of his country's Confederations Cup squad and featured in every game, starting the match against Spain. He'll know he needs to keep himself playing if he's still to be so involved with the national set-up next summer.
Sounds like an exciting signing for Sunderland, and Gazzetta reckon he'll only cost around €8m, which is a lot less than the reports in England are saying.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/italian-press-say-goodbye-giaccherini-as-sunderland-set-to-comple

Back to top Go down

Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty Re: Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-10, 5:58 pm

I have to say Bill, anyone who is not excited about our club right now are beyond my understanding

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty Re: Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-10, 6:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 6:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I have to say Bill, anyone who is not excited about our club right now are beyond my understanding

But Syd, that is your view and people have the right to be reserved.

Yes it's fun and games, and exciting with lots of news, rumours and names...But can you honestly state that you know anything about all or any of these players?

Riding on the crest of a wave.It is a radical change and we wait in anticipation.

I see more of a buisness plan here, obviously one that Mr Short hopes will pay dividends, football fans get carried away on emotions, it's a plan to re-coup money, hence why no massive outlay on players, more so, one's we can make money on in the future...

It's still fun though, even if it's only the american i'm excited about.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-07-10, 6:43 pm

I am excited that we are getting round pegs to go in round holes, a LB and a RB and we have done it. We should end up with pacy skillful players in all positions..that is something we have not had for years.

Are the players we are signing any good, well my prediction is that some will be amazing, some will do a job and some will not be so good. However as the season progresses and we meld as a team I reckon flirting with relegation is not what will happen. Also looking at the type of players w are signing we will not be boring to watch.....I am looking forward to the start of the season.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 6:45 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I am excited that we are getting round pegs to go in round holes, a LB and a RB and we have done it. We should end up with pacy skillful players in all positions..that is something we have not had for years.

Are the players we are signing any good, well my prediction is that some will be amazing, some will do a job and some will not be so good. However as the season progresses and we meld as a team I reckon flirting with relegation is not what will happen. Also looking at the type of players w are signing we will not be boring to watch.....I am looking forward to the start of the season.

What is it with the club and this on going situation?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-10, 7:00 pm

commachio wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I have to say Bill, anyone who is not excited about our club right now are beyond my understanding

But Syd, that is your view and people have the right to be reserved.

Yes it's fun and games, and exciting with lots of news, rumours and names...But can you honestly state that you know anything about all or any of these players?

Riding on the crest of a wave.It is a radical change and we wait in anticipation.

I see more of a buisness plan here, obviously one that Mr Short hopes will pay dividends, football fans get carried away on emotions, it's a plan to re-coup money, hence why no massive outlay on players, more so, one's we can make money on in the future...

It's still fun though, even if it's only the american i'm excited about.

It is my view and I have never said people cant have differing views, just said I cant understand it.

I know little about our new players and I have no idea if it will work, just excited we are doing something different, have a manager with passion, are attracting players rather than sitting waiting to see if Fletcher will sign, if Graham will sign, will we get Mcfadden.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2013-07-10, 7:12 pm

I am sure that whilst a lot of names have been mentioned, those that have been the major focus of media attention have come to fruition or , as for Mendy, have clearly failed after strenuous efforts.

Spurs tweets suggesting a double swoop for Huddlestone and Rose is close, Perruzzi on his way too .......

You can't fail to be excited about the possibility of an opening day match with Fulham and a team like this!!!!!

------------------Westwood----------------
Perruzzi ----- O'Shea------Diakaite------Rose
Johnson---Huddlestone--Cabrel----Giaccherini
--------Altidore-----------Fletcher----------

Subs: Mannone, Gardner, Forberge, Colback, N'Daiye, Sessegnon, Larsson
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 7:13 pm

rather than sitting waiting to see if Fletcher will sign, if Graham will sign, will we get Mcfadden.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That made me shudder, and put things into perspective, I didnt get any buzz out of the above signings. But right not My missus thinks Im hyper, she could be right like. cos i iz.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 7:16 pm

Mackemneil wrote:I am sure that whilst a lot of names have been mentioned, those that have been the major focus of media attention have come to fruition or , as for Mendy, have clearly failed after strenuous efforts.

Spurs tweets suggesting a double swoop for Huddlestone and Rose is close, Perruzzi on his way too .......

You can't fail to be excited about the possibility of an opening day match with Fulham and a team like this!!!!!

LOOKS good, worried we wont get Rose, he will be priced too high, and Hudds ok, but would have liked him a few seasons ago, not fussed on him now. rests starting to look good though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 7:46 pm

Mackemneil wrote:I am sure that whilst a lot of names have been mentioned, those that have been the major focus of media attention have come to fruition or , as for Mendy, have clearly failed after strenuous efforts.

So the super super Sess is on the bench?

This is why we are not managers, he's godlike to some.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 7:51 pm

commachio wrote:

So the super super Sess is on the bench?

This is why we are not managers, he's godlike to some.
I think until Sess commits to the club, after all the speculation, and his supposed desire to go back to France, he will be secondary, to the clubs ambitions. He is the only person that realy knows whats going through his mind, A quick press release from him, and game over, lets all start over. Balls in his court.

Back to top Go down

Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini [Sky Italia]

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 9:14 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/juventus-have-accepted-sunderlands-e8m-offer-for-emanuele-giaccherini-sky-italia/

It’s starting to get very exciting at the Stadium of Light after reports have broken in Italy on Wednesday night that Juventus have accepted Sunderland’s €8m offer for Emanuele Giaccherini.
News of Sunderland’s interest in the Italian international centre-forward surfaced on Tuesday, with the Northern Echo reporting that Black Cats had had a £6.5 million bid turned down but their new bid of £8 million would be likely accepted by the Bianconeri.
24 hours later, the deal appears to have been sown up according to Sky Italia. Sunderland also appear to have negotiated a fee below Juventus’ expectations.
Giaccherini is rumoured to have penned a 4-year-contract with Sunderland.
28-year-old Giaccherini struggled for playing time last season in the star-studded Juventus squad, but given an opportunity at the Confederations Cup, the attacker showed he has a part to play in a top tier side.
Should the deal come to fruition it will complete a hectic few days of acquisitions for Paolo Di Canio’s team.
In recent weeks Jozy Altidore, Cabral, Modibo Diakité, David Moberg Karlsson, Vito Mannone , Valentin Roberge and El-Hadji Ba have all joined Sunderland.
Sunderland are also on the verge of signing fullback Gino Peruzzi from Velez Sarsfield.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-10, 9:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 9:36 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Sexy-animated-gif-jumping-up-and-down
MASSIVE

Back to top Go down

Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty Juventus midfielder agrees deal with Sunderland

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 9:41 pm

Juventus midfielder agrees deal with Sunderland

Emanuele GiaccheriniJuventusSunderland
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Emanuele-Giaccherini-Juventus-300x180Juventus attacking midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini has accepted a €8 million transfer to Sunderland, it is understood.
The 28-year-old will sign a four-year contract with a salary of €2m a year.
Sky Sport Italia report that the agreement was struck during a meeting between the Black Cats and the player on Wednesday afternoon.
All that awaits now is the official confirmation of the move.
The versatile midfielder shone for Italy at the Confederations Cup this summer, and his hard-working approach would appear to make him a good fit for Paolo Di Canio’s vision of a new Sunderland side based on flair and graft.
Sunderland have already made several purchases during the transfer window, including central defender Modibo Diakite from Lazio and Italian goalkeeper Vito Mannone from Arsenal.
On Monday, Giaccherini’s agent insisted that his client would stay at Juventus for the 2013/14 season.
However, a first-team place in Turin is doubtful for Giaccherini even after his Confederations Cup performances, and he only made 17 league appearances for the Bianconeri last season.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-10, 10:26 pm

Not that bothered

GER IÑNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Empty SAME SIZE AS STAN CUMMINS,,,,,,ISH

Post  Guest on 2013-07-10, 11:51 pm

Report: Sunderland reach Emanuele Giaccherini agreement
Italian press say 'Goodbye, Giaccherini' as Sunderland set to complete signing Emanuele-giaccherini-italy
© PA Photos

By Joe Fish, Reporter
Filed: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 22:32 UK
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 22:35 UK
[b class="autotag"]Sunderland[/b] are apparently close to finalising the £8.6m transfer of 27-year-old [b class="autotag"]Juventus[/b] midfielder [b class="autotag"]Emanuele Giaccherini[/b].

Manager Paolo Di Canio is making vast changes to the Black Cats squad that just managed to survive in the Premier League last season, and has already recruited eight players this summer.

According to Sky Sports News, the 5ft 4in playmaker will fly into England this week to undergo a medical and put pen to paper on a four-year-contract.

Giaccherini made 44 appearances for the Old Lady over a two-year spell, the first of which was spent on loan from Juve's Serie A rivals Cesena.

He has been capped 14 times by the Italian national side since debuting in 2012, scoring twice

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/sunderland/transfer-talk/news/report-sunderland-reach-giaccherini-agreement_92952.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum