SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Hieronymus

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Vincemac

» Good Luck
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» SCMP
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-16, 6:19 pm by gil t azell

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus

» Wahbi Khazri
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-15, 8:44 am by Hieronymus

» Love departs
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-14, 9:08 am by barrowmackem

» McGeady
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-14, 9:06 am by barrowmackem

» Twitter 1
I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty2019-07-12, 5:19 pm by Hieronymus

I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT

Go down

I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT

Post  Guest on 2013-07-02, 1:00 am

Darren Bent interested in St James’ Park move provided Alan Pardew remains Magpies manager.
Unwanted Aston Villa striker Darren Bent is keen on a move to Newcastle United – as long as Alan Pardew remains Toon boss, according to the Daily Telegraph.
The former Sunderland star has been effectively transfer listed by Villa, after manager Paul Lambert told the 29-year-old he was free to leave this summer.

Bent, who cost Villa in excess of £20m in 2011, was handed just eight Premier League starts last season, with Lambert favouring new signing Christian Benteke as a lone striker or in tandem with Gabby Agbonglahor.
Despite his history with Sunderland, Bent is interested in moving to St James’ Park but will seek assurances over Pardew’s future following the controversial appointment of Joe Kinnear as director of football.
Bent has a good relationship with Pardew following their time together at Charlton Athletic but the England striker is aware that the manager could quit or be forced out.
Fulham are also interested in the former Tottenham forward but neither the Cottagers or the Magpies are willing to pay more than £6m for Bent.
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Blokes I drink with are all Mags AS documented on here, All are aghast at the chance Bent may sign for them, a clutching at straws maybe, But one thing is for sure. THERE are two games a year he would not care to be involved in. And surely He cant be that thick skinned,,,,,,,Can he ?

One of his reasons for Leaving [ one of many I hasten to add ] SAFC was.  He and his father, were abused by MAG fans in a Newcastle restaraunt, and now he wants to sign for them. AS long as Pardew stays....A nice cop out.

The fact he cant get into The bigger clubs [ VILLA ] first team, and blown his Englands status, HE will not accept that he is the one at fault,,,,, ever. should have stuck with a managers daughter, whilst he had the chance. But then He maybe couldnt understand the accent. Not as articulate or posh speaking  as WOR CHERYYYL, YA KNAR.

Last edited by billofengland on 2013-07-02, 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : THE DIVIDING LINE)

Back to top Go down

I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty Re: I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT

Post  Guest on 2013-07-02, 10:31 am

Nuts.

JOE Kinnear says his experience puts him “head and shoulders” above any other director of football in English football.

Kinnear was on Tyneside yesterday for the first time since his controversial appointment at Newcastle United.

And top of the agenda was the club’s transfer business, with an improved bid for St Etienne’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on the agenda.

However, the Magpies face fierce competition for the striker, who is keen to play in the Premier League.

Kinnear, 66, returned to Newcastle last month as the club’s “senior executive in charge of all football-related matters”.

The appointment was widely-criticised given that the 66-year-old’s involvement in the game over the past nine years has been limited to a five-month spell in charge of Newcastle, which was cut short by a heart attack.

For his part, Kinnear feels the club needed a director of football, a position he feels he is more than qualified to succeed in, despite the misgivings of supporters.

“Every top club in the land has got one,” Kinnear said.

“We haven’t – that’s the difference. The manager can’t do everything.

“I’m probably the only football manager to be a director of football.

“I don’t know any other ex-managers who have. I’ve been a manager for 35 years. I’ve been Manager of the Year. I’ve won every award there is in football as a player.

“I think all those qualities put me head and shoulders above every other director of football.”

There has been a trend in English football towards adopting a more continental model behind the scenes, where a senior figure above the manager has overall control over transfers.

Other Premier League clubs, among them Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and West Bromwich Albion, have employed directors of football in recent years.

However, Kinnear feels his experience as a player sets him apart from his counterparts elsewhere in the top flight.

“Some directors of football have never played the game,” added Kinnear.

“I’m lending my experience as a manager for all those years – 10 years at Wimbledon, two years at Nottingham Forest, two years winning promotion at Luton and, of course, almost two years at Newcastle.

“I would still be there had it (a heart attack) not occurred.”

Back to top Go down

I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT Empty Re: I KINDA LIKE THIS ONE, MAG SUPPORTERS DONT

Post  Guest on 2013-07-02, 10:45 am

They should make him special envoy to the middle east.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-02, 11:08 am

Billy D wrote:They should make him special envoy to the middle east.

Is that the Byker area Billy

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-02, 11:11 am

cyprussyd wrote:

Byker, twinned with Baghdad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-02, 11:16 am

commachio wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Byker, twinned with Baghdad

That's it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-02, 12:35 pm

There are two games a year I would prefer him not to be involved in, for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum