SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Post  Guest on 2013-07-05, 4:11 pm

Didn't John Hall give Newcastle supporters the option of buying shares in "their" club only for the option to be almost totally ignored. However, they still claim that the club is theirs, they should grow up and learn to understand the meaning of the word ownership.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty A Letter To Joe Kinnear From a Newcastle United Supporter. TOP READ.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-05, 9:58 pm

A Letter To Joe Kinnear From a Newcastle United Supporter

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Joe-kinnear-600x450

It’s been three weeks. And we love a good messiah at Newcastle. Keegan and Shearer are just two examples. Three weeks to summon the energy, nay the will, to put down in words how I feel about the return of Joe Kinnear — nobody’s messiah.

Recently I ran into an old friend at a wedding; a Liverpool fan. He could tell I didn’t want to talk football. The temptation proved too powerful. So, he asked me to sum up Joe Kinnear’s return in one word. Joe Kinnear himself can’t sum up anything in a word. You could power a small African village for a month with the hot air released from one of his filth ridden, egotistical and dangerously delusional diatribes.

My one word? Shambolic.

If there was any doubt left whatsoever regarding Mike Ashley’s contempt for the Geordie faithful, it’s been put to rest now. Kinnear doesn’t rate the fans too highly either. A few years of stability and the Magpies are right back to their default status of national laughing stock.

The thought of quoting this gibbering maniac fills my heart with deep, murky despair. So, with your understanding, I’ll get on with the business of refuting (some of) his delusions and lies in a paragraph.

Hey Joe. Let’s begin.

You didn’t sign Tim Krul. You were not at Newcastle for two years. You did not do a good job at Newcastle (4 wins out of 25). We were not definitely going to avoid relegation if you stayed healthy (3 points from the drop zone). Yohan Kebab. Ben Afri. Anamobi. Those are not their names. On the day you cursed 54 times in 2 minutes at all those journalists, we had not just beaten Spurs 2-1. No Joe, You are not head and shoulders above all other Director’s of Football. You did not win manager of the year three times. No Joe, you don’t have Arsene Wenger on speed dial. Yes Joe, you were in fact sacked. Managing Luton does not register as an achievement. You did not play for Spurs 400 times. Spurs were not then nor are now “the best team in the world.” Alan Pardew may have been happy to have “a real football man” on board, but that man is certainly not you.

Hey Joe, you’re here because you’re the owner’s mate. That’s it. The only reason. You’re his mate. He hates us, we hate you. That’s how the puzzle fits together. There are no credentials. There is no CV. There is is, in fact, “a record that speaks for itself” though not in the way you imagine. So buckle up Joe. Get ready to have St James Park chanting against you every second week for the whole of the forthcoming season. A sensible man with a heart condition might decide that’s not the best place to be. Alas, Joe Kinnear is only one of those things.

So, on to the job title. Director of Football. Surely the vaguest and least understood of positions, at least in English football, where the manager is king. What on earth can Kinnear bring to the position? Lets bury my rage a moment and try to look at this objectively.

Alan Pardew made a lot of poor decisions last season. The Europa League excuse, which journalists so readily swallowed every week, wore out quickly with the people who actually watched the games and saw Pardew wasn’t using the same players. Newcastle got knocked out of both domestic cups instantaneously. The players didn’t actually play that many games at all as it happens. There were bad injuries and a baffling failure to strengthen in the summer bar Vurnon Anita from Ajax, who Pardew barely even used (despite the chronic fatigue the first team was apparently constantly suffering from). But the buck for a terrible season rests with the manager and most fans wanted something done.

In of itself, a director of football may not have been such a bad idea. Perhaps a Gerard Houllier, who could act as a go between to the French contingent of Ben Arfa, Cabaye et al and the manager. A continental director of football may have eased the doubts about the style of play held by some of the senior players and almost all the fans. Such a figure could have helped devise a plan to get the best from what is clearly a technically gifted if small group of players. Communication could have been improved. Cabaye was suffering from depression. Coloccini had personal problems. A good director of football could have provided an ear and took the pressure off the manager.

Communication. Subtlety. Working with technical players. Not Kinnear hallmarks you’d have to say. Instead of taking the pressure off Pardew, his appointment does the exact opposite. You’ll get short odds on Pardew being the first manager sacked next season. Kinnear once said he’d only take a Director of Football job as a way to get back into management.

As Jimi Hendrix once sang, Hey Joe. Where you going with that gun of yours?

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/07/05/a-letter-to-joe-kinnear-from-a-newcastle-united-supporter/

Last edited by billofengland on 2013-07-05, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DELETIG ADVERTS.)

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty FROM THEIR OWN MAG

Post  Guest on 2013-07-05, 10:45 pm

Hello, is that Abel Braga (manager of Fluminese)?
Sim (yes)
Bum dia Abel mate, this is Joe (‘Bomdia’ is good morning in Portuguese, a language JFK is of course fluent in along with so many others that he uses to call the managers of any club in the world)
De onde o senhor é? (Where are you from?)
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Joe_Kinnear_Newcastle_United_NUFC_05-21Very well thanks mate, can’t complain. Got a good result at Newmarket today so very happy about that!
Desculpe-me, Como o senhor se chama? (I’m sorry, what is your name?)
Very good, yes, 5-1! Anyway me ol’ mate, how are things going at Fulhamazy?
Fluminese?
Great, glad to hear it. You boys and your jokes! Brilliant.
O senhorfalaportuguês? (Do you speak Portuguese?)
What’s that Abel mate? Do I want a holiday in Portugal, bit of golf maybe? Actually, that sounds f****g nice, I may have a bit of spare time coming up soon, you never know! Only joking!
Como?(What?)
Look Abel mate, I was ringing you to catch up with an old mate, of course, but also to see if we can do a deal, you and me, for that young player of yours Markio Santio
Marcos Junior Lima dos Santos?
Yes, that’s him. I was thinking if you gave us him, we could maybe do an exchange deal for one of our established stars here
Qual é o problema?NãoFalo ingles! (What’s the matter with you? I don’t speak English!)
You must know Gabriel Overtime, yes? Ex-Man U – class mate. How about a straight swap?
Cale-se! Tenhoqueir agora.Muito Obrigado. Adeus

(Shut up! I must go now. Thank you very much, goodbye).
Abel? Didn’t quite catch that me ol’ mate. Are we good then? Abel? Abel?….

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/joe-kinnear-finalises-that-brazilian-signing/

Well thought out, quite enjoyed it......BOE.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty ANOTHER ONE FROM THE MAGS

Post  Guest on 2013-07-05, 10:59 pm

Check the responses out, also, the betting odds for next season....................avin a laff.

Like everyone else, I have been reading the transcripts of utter nonsense that Joe Kinnear has spouted since re-joining our club and just chortled. But it has just hit me that he is back at our club on a permanent basis.
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Joe_Kinnear_Newcastle_United_NUFC_04-2
We Know The Feeling Joe!
What the Donald Duck have we done to deserve this and why does Ashley think this is the right decision to make?! It is the single most stupid decision Ashley has made since he appointed a certain Joe Kinnear as Manager in September of 2008.
Of course we all remember his claims that he was about to make a return in the summer of 2009 ready for our Championship season. I can remember laughing, thinking surely not…nah can’t happen. Well it didn’t thank god but now it seems he has managed to get himself a role at the club which is more powerful than that of the manager. Naturally Kinnear himself denies that this is the case, but the club have not, and that silence speaks volumes.
What prompted me to do this article was the sale of James Perch. Obviously there are plenty conspiracy theories flying about, with Kinnear orchestrating the deal, being the central rumour.
Now I do think that Pards should have the final say with transfers, that’s just the way I think it should be. However, what does annoy me is the stupidity of the deal, simply because it has been completed before any right back cover for Debuchy has been signed.

I’m not saying Perch was the greatest of right backs but he was certainly first reserve after Simpson went off to the big smoke (wages). Yes, I am aware that Santon can play there with Haidara left back….okay, so in that case we need another full back in. Surely we haven’t made another mistake like we did with Demba Ba?
Where transfers are concerned, surely it’s sound common sense to sign your targets then sell the excess baggage…not rocket science, but it makes sense. I’m not saying I wouldn’t have sold Perch but for that sort of price I don’t think that the club would’ve received lower bids once our targets (if we have any) had been captured.
Apart from the recruitment angle, the appointment of JFK from a PR point of view is also disastrous. Why would anyone in their right mind appoint a man who clearly can’t be trusted with the media, as a mouthpiece for one of the biggest clubs in the country? His foul mouthed tirade against the press in 2008 was greeted with disgust and really did damage the club’s image. Then on his return he manages to isolate himself once again by continually lying about achievements, getting players’ names wrong and generally talking rubbish.
So the long and short of it is, he’ll no doubt be a lot cheaper than Derek Llambias was but do we want cheaper, or do we want someone who is financially clued up and who knows his business?
I know who I’d pick and it isn’t JFK. I suppose the only thing for us to do is to just suck it up and see what happens in the coming months…safe in the knowledge that JFK can call any manager in the world and get some deals done.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/what-is-the-panic-on-transfers-when-our-director-of-football-can-call-any-manager-in-the-world-and-do-a-deal/

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty SIMPLY RIPPING NEWCASTLE APART

Post  Guest on 2013-07-05, 11:19 pm

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Joe-kinnear_1002954c-300x187
It’s time to ‘fess up club officials of Newcastle United – who let Joe Kinnear back near a microphone?
The controversial Kinnear, loathed by the Magpies faithful during his short tenure in the Newcastle dugout, was recently re-hired by Mike Ashley, this time given the role of Director of Football at St. James’s Park. The news came as a shock, not only due to the obvious disapproval from the Newcastle fan base, but furthermore because the announcement was instigated by a surprise interview on TalkSport (full transcript provided by The Guardian), made by Kinnear two days prior to his official appointment, in which he went on to make a series of public relations faux pas, including a long list of factual errors and mild insults of the Toon army.
You’d assume Magpies owner Ashley would have learnt his lesson, and kept the former Ireland international on a rather tight leash until the hysteria died down, but just a matter of days ago, Kinnear once again found himself in an interview situation, this time with local Tyneside newspaper The Sheilds Gazzette, and once again produced an inaccurate, bumbling and obnoxious display. In his previous interaction with the media, Kinnear declared that he’s “certainly got more intelligence than them”, referring to Newcastle fans, whilst during his most recent interview, the arrogant statements continued, with the claim that he is “head and shoulders above every other Director of Football”.
More:
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 St-James-Park-100x100FIVE potential Newcastle kits for the new season
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Joe-kinnear_1002954c-100x100Simply ripping Newcastle apart?
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Arouna-Kone-2-100x100Newcastle put move for striker on hold
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Yohan-Cabaye-100x100Newcastle set to be dealt second transfer blow
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Darren-Bent-4-100x100Newcastle deal in the balance because of Aston Villa demands

The modern game’s answer to Albert Square’s Derek Branning, and referred to by the Telegraph as a Caveman of 90s football, for his inability to accurately pronounce any name on the Newcastle roster that has a hint of foreign influence, including French international ‘Yohan Kebab’, Kinnear is not a naturally likeable guy. But in business, personal feelings should not get in the way, and as we are just a matter of days into the former Tottenham midfielder’s tenure in his new role, perhaps Kinnear’s stock will increase by transfer deadline day, depending on the progress of the club’s pursuits in the transfer market.
That being said, regardless of whether the Magpies’ new Director of Football signs former Tottenham reject Mido, who recently had his contract terminated at Barnsley, or world star Cristiano Ronaldo, you imagine Kinnear’s negative stigmatism amongst the Toon army is unlikely to considerably decline. Is his appointment quite simply ripping the club apart, and can Mike Ashley recover from yet another condemning act to add to the long list of controversies throughout his tenure in the Newcastle boardroom?
It’s clear to see the battle-lines have already been drawn. The closure of Shearer’s Bar at St. James’s Park following Kinnear’s appointment was reportedly a rather fitting coincidence, but the Newcastle and England legend has made no secret of how he feels about Mike Ashley’s decision to rehire such an unpopular figure. The regular MOTD pundit wrote in his column in The Sun last month; “Where do we start? What I do know is that right now people are laughing at the football club I support. And that sickens me. I promised myself years ago never to be surprised by what happens in football – particularly when it comes to Newcastle. But this situation really is stretching it a bit.”
Being the boisterous soul that he is, Kinnear couldn’t help but respond, replying in kind; “What Shearer says is diabolical. This is a guy who hasn’t got a clue about coaching,” as reported by The Guardian. He continued by insinuating Shearer had played a major hand in the Magpies’ shock relegation campaign in 2009, after taking over in the dug-out from the former Ireland international following his heart-attack whilst serving as Newcastle boss. Perhaps Kinnear had due cause to come out fighting following such a condemning criticism, but choosing a Tyneside-born club legend as your first media target is hardly a wise move, especially when his expressed views epitomise the feelings of the vast majority of the Newcastle faithful.
Shearer’s influence amongst the supporters may be strong, but at least he’s not in a position to start an anti-Kinnear faction within the realms of the Newcastle camp. That being said, it must be rather concerning to all parties involved that it is now 22 days and counting since we heard a word from Alan Pardew, after the incredibly simple and plain quote printed in the Newcastle Chronice, “I am staying – to take the club up the league.
The Magpies boss is well known for his rather trivial comments and Tony Blair-style soundbites, dished out willy-nilly at any opportunity to any journalist willing to listen, yet since Kinnear’s appointment, Pardew has remained silent, which in itself speaks volumes about the 51 year old’s opinions on the matter.
His feelings on a personal level towards Kinnear are unclear; it’s hard to imagine anyone getting on well in a working environment with a man who has already displayed arrogance and moments of immense self-delusion under the media spotlight, and there are further concerns that the new Director of Football won’t be up to the task of bringing in new players – he’s had just a single transfer window’s worth of action in nearly a decade, despite the audacious claim of his illustrious contacts list, including the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.
But Pardew’s main cause of silent protest is undoubtedly due to the fact his position as Newcastle boss is now under threat. The former West Ham and Charlton gaffer was already in Mike Ashley’s managerial cross hairs after an incredibly poor campaign, recording 19 defeats in total and ending with a 3-0 loss at home to rivals Sunderland, in addition to a 6-0 defeat to Liverpool, the worst result at ST. James’s Park since 1925. Should Pardew remain manager on Tyneside much longer, it will come down to performances and results during the first few months of the incoming Premier League season, with the obvious contingency plan from Ashley’s perspective being that Kinnear can once again step in as Caretaker should Pardew fail to turn the club’s horror form around, which could lead to full scale riots around the city of Newcastle.
The fans don’t like him, the club’s biggest icon doesn’t like him, the manager doesn’t like him and judging from comments made on Twitter after Kinnear’s impromptu Talksport interview, a healthy section of the Newcastle roster doesn’t like him. It seems Kinnear’s only friend is Mike Ashley, and their exclusive bond is ripping the club apart. The Magpies’ reputation all round has taken a huge hit, and what Director of Football at a rival team would actually willingly do business with Kinnear, after branding them inadequate in comparison to his own abilities.
There’s no doubt the appointment was a grave error on Ashley’s part, but it’s too late to go back now – as well as making Newcastle United look even more of a laughing stock, the Sports-Direct founder is unlikely to favour the idea of handing Kinnear a rather sizable compensation package after a matter of days in the job. He can only hope the mistake will not prove fatal, and that he can keep Kinnear out of the media limelight, at least until the media circus quietens down.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/newcastle-united/simply-ripping-newcastle-apart

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty MICK QUINN: `COME ON PARDS, TELL THE FANS WHATS GOING ON!.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-07, 5:47 pm

20 Comments
Mick Quinn: 'Come on Pards, tell the fans what is going on!'
6 Jul 2013 09:47
Quinn slams wall of silence surrounding Newcastle United and says Toon Army deserve some answers from hierarchy

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Newcastle-united-owner-mike-ashley-and-magpies-manager-alan-pardew-7137491-1356437Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley and Magpies manager Alan Pardew

Mick Quinn believes the “time for answers is long overdue” after a summer of near silence at St James’ Park.
The [url=http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/mick quinn]legendary former No 9[/url] is astonished that, other than [url=http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/joe kinnear]Joe Kinnear’s[/url] recent interviews – none of which have been endorsed by [url=http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/newcastle united fc]the club[/url] in an official capacity – fans have been guided by a handful of statements.
Even the club’s own media team have interviewed players without a mere mention of the new director of football.
Kinnear was starting a week-long holiday today and although Chronicle columnist Quinn understands the nature of a family event which was pre-arranged before he was appointed as football chief on Tyneside, he, like scores of Toon fans, feels somebody else should step up to the plate. Alan Pardew is now one of the only football managers in the top flight yet to speak this summer with one of the big talking points – Kinnear’s arrival and the implications of it for everybody connected with the club – left unanswered.
Quinn said today: “I have heard both Alan Shearer and Rob Lee say the situation at Newcastle is a PR disaster and I have to agree with them.
“They know the club and care about it like the fans.
“It’s simple for the fans – we want answers.
“We would love to see the owner, the directors and the management on the football side come together and show this is actually Newcastle United.
“At the moment there seem to be too many factions and too much uncertainty.”
United have yet to sign a senior figure but James Perch has gone out the door while senior players Steve Harper and Danny Simpson have left the roster short on numbers.
Quinn added: “I just ask: Are we ambitious or not?
“If the answer is we are not then let us know why that is.
“Then you can at least allow fans to understand.
“At the moment it feels like the club think everybody is against them.
“I feel like when I ask questions they will look at me in a bad light too.
“If they have a picture of me up anywhere around the ground, they will probably take it down.
“In reality we are all supposed to be on the same side.
“However, I just think the good working-class fans who are paying good money are being taken for granted.”
Some sections of United fans believe [url=http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/mike ashley]Mike Ashley[/url] should sell up and allow other people to have a crack at taking Newcastle forward.
Yet, with no investors keen to do so, others have accepted Ashley and Newcastle is an uncomfortable marriage which will have to work.
Quinn said: “I look at my other old club Portsmouth.
“They are in League Two but they have cleansed the club of people with egos.
“They have got rid of those who are on a power trip.
“They have filled it with people who love the club.
“The fans are running it and people like Guy Whittingham, Allen Knight and Andy Awford are on the coaching staff.
“The truth is they would do the job for nowt.
“They may be rock bottom but the only way is up now.”
United fans are bemused by Kinnear’s holiday with no transfers through the door yet.
However, Quinn reasoned: “I have no problems with anybody going away with family for a pre-arranged break.
“However, this is the most crucial part of any transfer window.
“Joe is not here. Surely then [url=http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/alan pardew]Alan Pardew[/url] should come out and explain a few things?
“He is back, he has had his holiday.
“Quite a few things have happened. Come on Alan.
“We have got used to silence. We want to know what is going on. It is not asking too much – or is it?”
Silence, though, is not new when it comes to Newcastle.
Quinn said: “We are used to it.
“Keeping fans in the know should not be too much to ask.
“At least Pardew has in the past come out and said things, but not this summer, we have had nothing.
“We would like Alan to play the game.
“What is the future?
“That is not being too hysterical either.
“We are quick to know when the season tickets are up for renewal, so why the silence now.”
Quinn then concluded: “I am like any fan, I follow the club on Twitter and I have been trying to get information from the official site.
“However, I don’t want to buy a tracksuit or a pair of trainers or even a suitcase.
“I just want to know how things are supposed to work with Kinnear and Pardew and what some of the transfer plans are.
“Nobody’s even bothered to explain why James Perch has left the club yet and that cannot be right.”

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 P-9fYuixa7g_Hm2.gif?labels=_imp.creative.iab,_qc.iab.imp.p-d3MfSVEAC2KKQ.32114.544014,_qc

Last edited by billofengland on 2013-07-07, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BLEEDIN ADVERTS)

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty THE TITUS BRAMBLE EFFECT

Post  Guest on 2013-07-08, 6:00 pm

Is Kindest Thing To Now Refer To Nile Ranger As Ex-Footballer, Rather Than One-Time Newcastle ‘Star’?

1 min ago by Jackie Smithfield

Northumbria Police have confirmed today that Nile Ranger, ex-footballer, has been charged with rape.
Ranger will appear (yet again) in court next month and the charge relates to an alleged incident back in January at a hotel in Jesmond.
The Police statement read;
“A rape was reported to police on Thursday January 24 2013 and relates to an incident which happened in the early hours of Wednesday January 23 at a hotel in Jesmond.
Nile Ranger, 22, of Bailey Close, Harringay, London, has been charged with rape. He is due to appear before Newcastle Magistartes’ Court on August 21.”
Whatever the end game is for Nile Ranger, one thing is for sure, Newcastle United are well shot of him.
Obviously nobody knows how this latest, and most serious, charge will pan out. What we do know though is that it wasn’t before time that United got him out of the club.
Maybe it is best to leave the last word to Nile himself, this is the latest message (this morning) he has posted on Twitter and just about sums him up;

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/is-kindest-thing-to-now-refer-to-nile-ranger-as-ex-footballer-rather-than-one-time-newcastle-star/

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-08, 9:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-08, 10:31 pm

Nice one Syd , a bit near the knuckle, but one to show the lads on Saterday, All are MAGS, but will get a boost out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-09, 12:52 am

Pardew 'open-minded' over Kinnear
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew insists he is "open-minded" about Joe Kinnear's appointment as director of football
Club owner Mike Ashley dropped something of a bombshell last month when he parachuted 66-year-old Kinnear into St James' Park and handed him responsibility for all football-related matters.
Pardew, who was on holiday at the time, kept his own counsel as managing director Derek Llambias voted with his feet and resigned, but the 51-year-old manager is ready to give it a go. He told BBC Radio Newcastle: "I'm very open-minded to Joe's position. I will take it as I see it."
The former West Ham boss added: "People who work with me will know that I am my own man. I will manage this football club and manage this team to the best of my ability.
"On the back of last year I am even more motivated to do well this year."
Kinnear's first few days in the post did not go well as he conducted a series of interviews in which he muddled up facts and mispronounced the names of some of the club's senior players.
Pardew said: "Some of the things Joe said he has apologised for, especially getting the names wrong of our players. That needs to be corrected because there is a certain respect needed there. I spoke to one or two players and my staff here and made them very aware of where the position lies."
Kinnear has been charged with the task of implementing the summer transfer plan drawn up in discussions with Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr, and the manager is hoping he will be able to fight his corner with the sportswear magnate.
Pardew said: "It is very simple for me: if Joe can persuade Mike to invest in the right manner, then that will be the best outcome for us. As well as we have done in the transfer market, there is always room for improvement.
"I have spoken to Joe and had a couple of meetings with him. I have told him what I think the weaknesses in the squad are. Let's be fair, it's a squad, not a side, and I have told him I need to strengthen, and I have a couple of ideas."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You have a couple of ideas, YEAH RIGHT, nothing to do with a long term contract, undoubtedly your last in top flight football. BOE.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/413319/Pardew-open-minded-over-Kinnear

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-10, 11:38 am

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-11, 11:51 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-12, 12:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 1069941_10151745521646427_820926961_n
Topper mate, absolutely priceless, deffo one for the pub on sat afternoon.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty WARNING

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-13, 3:04 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-13, 3:46 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-13, 5:52 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-13, 6:54 pm

Took my computer into the pub, Unfortunately, their WiFi was being updated. So have to wait until next Saterday to `shove it up em ` but my MAG mates are realy wanting to see this thing, So for Gordon, Colin, Roy, eat your hearts out. Patience is a virtue. Ask Joe F K.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-13, 7:17 pm

Shit, now its outside the RIP thread, I will have to search it out for my magam mates. But I will manage. This is my time , theyve had theirs.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty IMPLOSION at THE GALLOWGATE.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-14, 1:38 am

Im not going to bother putting the article up front, Its better for you to read it for yourselves. But this post is not about the article, but the responses from the mag fans, very interesting, and for once,,,,,,I said once, When Sunderland was mentioned, not a word of bile or venom, these folks realy are in turmoil.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/alan-pardew-says-newcastle-united-5095994

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty AGAIN

Post  Guest on 2013-07-14, 3:50 am

THE FANS ARE REVOLTING, WORK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF.

Not too bothered about the article, as Pardew is just spouting gobbledegook shite, should have been a spin doctor for GORDON BLAIR.
The readers comments however , tends to show the rift between supporter and club.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-occasions-tactics-were-5071874

One nice thing, is its our time, and I for one am enjoying it to the hilt. just dont want this window to end.......EVER.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 Empty LOAD OF COCK

Post  Guest on 2013-07-14, 4:55 am

Pards: I won’t run and hide
Toon boss ready for a fight
By TONY LITTLE
Last Updated: 10th July 2013

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew insists he never considered walking out on the club despite the shock return of Joe Kinnear.
Pards, 51, was under pressure as last season drew to a close with his Toon side narrowly avoiding relegation.
And while Kinnear’s controversial appointment as director of football last month undermined him in the eyes of many, he remains determined to turn things around.
Pardew said: “I won’t run away. I won’t hide.
“When we finished fifth, I didn’t have to show too many sides of my character because the team was doing well.
“A lot of adulation came our way and the momentum was with us.
“Last year, I couldn’t have had any more turmoil put in front of me with injuries and the Europa League, but I think I showed the fans that I am resilient.”
The Magpies eventually finished 16th — a far cry from the situation 12 months earlier when they were in the race for Champions League qualification until the final few weeks of the campaign.
Pardew added: “I’d like to think through all of the adversity last year, I tried to carry the club with respect.
“I didn’t lose my control or lose my temper with the players — or the Press.
“Those qualities will serve me better this year. Hopefully we will have a more successful season.”
But Pardew is fuming about Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc’s public courtship of Yohan Cabaye.
Blanc described the France international as “an interesting player” and Newcastle are bracing themselves for an offer.
However, it would take a bid in excess of £20million for them to consider doing business.
Asked if he had been irritated by the speculation, Pardew said: “A little bit. I don’t think that’s right.
“He can get on the phone to me or make a bid. I think that’s the right way to do it.
“I think the way it’s come out isn’t perhaps respectful to Yohan.
“That’s something I want to talk to him about.”
But the Toon chief risked being accused of double-standards after revealing he wants £14m-rated strike pair Loic Remy and Darren Bent.
Pardew’s main priority for this summer is to land a top-class striker to support Papiss Cisse.
And the manager has confirmed that England international Bent and his France counterpart Remy are among those under consideration.
Newcastle just missed out on Remy in January when he opted to join QPR.
Rangers boss Harry Redknapp is happy to do business as he oversees a massive clear-out after dropping into the Championship.
But he wants £6m — plus defender Steven Taylor as part of the deal.
Pards said: “Both of those players are on our list. I make no bones about that.
“But they are under contract at other clubs.
“It’s difficult, you have to be careful. It’s nice for our fans to hear names, but I don’t want to disrupt other clubs’ preparations.
“We have a list of four or five strikers who will push Cisse, Shola Ameobi, Adam Campbell and Yoan Gouffran because that will be important next season.
“We do need two strikers. Last year I didn’t think there was enough competition in that area for a Premier League team.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5005469/Alan-Pardew-insists-he-never-considered-quitting-Newcastle.html#ixzz2YzLYFEKy

YOU JUST WANT THE BUMPER PAY DAY PARDEW IS ALL. ,,,,,,,FROM NOW ON,,,,,,,,CALLED ,,,,,,PAYDAYPARDEW. and you aint that good, Ashley will get you out, mind my words. This is your last chance at the big time, so go on son, take the money an run, and keep out of the casinos......be warned.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-14, 6:43 am

Papiss Cisse is being forced to train on his own after Newcastle got tough over the 28-year-old striker's shirt-sponsorship row.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-14, 7:45 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-14, 8:37 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-14, 8:19 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 4 1003674_4967050141356_820147745_n

cockney hooligan ..

Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum