SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Accrington Stanley v Sunderland
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 EmptyToday at 2:13 pm by Hieronymus

» Sid MCFC an apology!
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 EmptyToday at 10:53 am by canary-dave

» Sunderland v Rotherham United
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 EmptyToday at 8:04 am by gil t azell

» Have i got my days mixed up
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland sue doctor for £13MILLION
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by fitz

» Geoffrey Boycott!
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 am by canary-dave

» Predictions week 07
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 7:49 am by oldblackcat

» Watmore
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty2019-09-13, 9:12 pm by Nostalgic

» Yellowhammer
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty2019-09-13, 12:23 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Rumours getting stronger
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty2019-09-13, 10:44 am by gil t azell

The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty PARDEW KING OF THE CASTLE.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-28, 1:05 am

Alan Pardew has today re-asserted his authority at the club, insisting that he won’t allow Joe Kinnear to ‘interfere’ with team affairs.
Since Kinnear’s arrival at the Newcastle, Pardew has, until now, been quiet the appointment. It has been suggested that the former Newcastle boss could undermine Pardew, who came under pressure last season after narrowly avoiding relegation having only signed an eight-year contract in September 2012.
However, today, quoted in The Times, he has left no room for doubt, and has asserted his supremacy in regards to team matters.
“I think initially people thought Joe was definitely babysitting for me here, for things not to go well and Joe to become manager,” said Pardew in The Times.
“I think that’s what people’s first perception was. And I have to say it was a perception I was a bit concerned about, too.
“I needed to speak to Mike and Joe about that and say, ‘I was given an eight-year contract here and I don’t want any interference’.
“I will always manage one way and that is talking to my staff, talking to my players, talking to my peers, as well as people like the owner, to make sure we are on the right agenda.
“Joe now fits in there. But he can’t interfere with me managing the team and I won’t let him. I made it very clear to Joe.”
Though Pardew had ended the season as a villain, since the arrival of JFK, he is now regarded by many as the last management figure “on the fans’ side”.
Mike Ashley, despite obviously being an astute and successful businessman, has dealed very poorly with the club, almost as if he’s set on driving Newcastle United to the ground.
So, this minor show of strength has given me at least some hope for the season ahead. At least he has a head on his shoulders, knows the players’ names and can offer some resistance to the increasingly detrimental force of Mike and is posse.

http://thespectatorsview.com/2013/07/27/pardew-king-of-the-castle/

Every Saterday we meet at Bubbles bar In Ashington, we talk music, football, anything that springs up realy. But me being the non Magum, I should be happy with the disarray they find themselves in. But Im not. I would hate to be in the situation they find themselves in, They are saying Pardew is the man going out, And they are not bothered. But they are realy worried that its all a plot to reinstate JFK. And honestly, I am starting to believe ,the worries that they have. Its no fun for me to kick people when they are down. not at all.

Conspiracy theory,,,,,maybe, I dont know.

But the article above, is  one , of a rabbit caught in the headlights, for me.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Post  Guest on 2013-07-28, 11:24 am

billofengland wrote:
silvers wrote:Toon played in the champions league when Daglish was manager...

Well Silvers, that one realy DID slip by me. Didnt remember it, did they do anything ?

Couple of references in here ..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Newcastle_United_F.C.

Into the Premier League (1992-2007)
Kevin Keegan

Under Keegan, Newcastle survived relegation from the Second Division in May 1992. Hall aimed to put Newcastle among Europe's biggest clubs, Kevin Keegan stayed on as manager and both swung into action. The club's finances were transformed, and signings like Rob Lee and Andy Cole helped Newcastle to promotion the following season, 1992-93, as the First Division champions. In the Premier League they quickly became recognised as a serious force, finishing third in 1993-94, narrowly missing out on the championship in 1995-96, and claiming second place again in the 1996-97 season.

Meanwhile, St James' Park was redeveloped into an all-seated stadium with a capacity of 36,000. This increased to 52,000 in the late 1990s, after the rejection of Hall's proposal to build a larger stadium at Castle Leazes.
Newcastle United league positions, 1992-2009

The team built up a reputation for playing attacking, almost cavalier, football under Keegan. High-profile signings included foreign stars David Ginola and Faustino Asprilla, and British players Alan Shearer (in a world-record £15 million deal), Peter Beardsley, and striker Les Ferdinand. Despite this, the team failed to win any trophies, and Keegan resigned as manager on 8 January 1997, saying "I feel that I have taken the club as far as I can".[4]

Newcastle's next two managers, Kenny Dalglish[5] then Ruud Gullit,[6] had short reigns. Each one guided the club to an FA Cup final (in 1998 and 1999). Dalglish led Newcastle into their first Champions League campaign and beat Barcelona 3-2,[7] but the team failed to progress beyond the group stage. But it was the club's declining league form, and respective 13th-place finishes, that caused Dalglish to be sacked (early in 1998-99[8]) and Gullit to resign. After a year in the job, Gullit had also fallen out with several senior players including Shearer[9] and captain Rob Lee.[10]
Robson to Roeder (1999-2007)
Bobby Robson

Ex-England manager Bobby Robson was brought in to replace Gullit in September 1999.[11] He ensured Newcastle's survival in the Premiership, but the club remained in the bottom half of the table, finishing 11th in 1999-2000 and 2000-01. However Robson built up an exciting young squad, and an unlikely Top 4 challenge emerged in the 2001-02 season – Newcastle finished in 4th place.[12]

Playing in the Champions' League in 2002-03, Newcastle progressed to the second group stage in unlikely circumstances, beating Italian giants Juventus 1-0 along the way.[13] United finished the 2002-03 season 3rd in the Premier League,[14] but lost their Champions League qualifier and played in the 2003–04 UEFA Cup instead, reaching the semi-final.[15] In 2003-04 Newcastle finished 5th in the Premiership,[14] lower than in previous seasons, and outside of Champions League contention.
Alan Shearer signed for Newcastle in 1996, and retired in 2006

Bobby Robson was sacked following a poor start to the 2004-05 season and alleged discontent in the dressing room.[16] Newcastle finished the season 14th under his replacement, Graeme Souness. Going into 2005-06 Souness signed Albert Luque (£10m) and Michael Owen (for a club record £17m from Real Madrid). Owen and Shearer's strike partnership produced goals, but injuries caused Owen to miss most of the next two seasons,[17][18] and Souness was sacked in February 2006 after a run of poor results.[19]

Caretaker manager Glenn Roeder guided Newcastle from 15th to 7th place by the end of 2005-06 and was given a two-year contract by chairman Freddie Shepherd. Alan Shearer, who had scored a club record 206 goals with Newcastle, retired at the end of the 2005/06 season.

Newcastle won the 2006 Intertoto Cup,[20] but a poor 2006-07 season and an injury crisis led Roeder to resign in May 2007.[21] Freddie Shepherd appointed ex-Bolton boss Sam Allardyce as Newcastle manager,[22] before Shepherd himself left the club, following a takeover by St James Holdings Limited, the bid vehicle of billionaire businessman Mike Ashley.[23]

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty TOON BACKLASH OVER BARDSLEYS MOVE.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-28, 11:12 pm

Toon backlash over Phil Bardsley move
NEWCASTLE UNITED'S unpopular new director of football Joe Kinnear is unlikely to endear himself to a fed-up Toon army with a move for Sunderland's unwanted defender Phil Bardsley.
By: John Richardson
Published: Sun, July 29.

3Comments

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Joe-Kinnear--417995Fans are urging the new directer, Joe Kinnear (pictured), to do some transfer business

The former Manchester United player, 28, has been told he is not in StadiumThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Lb_icon1 of Light boss Paolo Di Canio's plans.

Now it's believed Kinnear has made enquires about bringing Bardsley to St James' Park.

Fulham and Blackburn Rovers are also interested in the full-back, who was named Sunderland's playerThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Icon1 of the year the season before last.

Newcastle fans urging the clubThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Lb_icon1 to do some transfer business - so far not a single player has been signed - won't be amused by a cut-price move for a player discarded by their bitter local rivals.

Newcastle is yet to sign a single player

But they will be encouraged by a likely breakthrough in Newcastle's attempts to bring in at least one striker.

The club hopes to bring in Lyon's £8.6million Bafetimbi Gomis after lengthy talks between the clubsThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Lb_icon1.

Newcastle are still keen on Aston Villa's Darren Bent - an ex-Sunderland player.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/417995/Toon-backlash-over-Phil-Bardsley-move?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

Not as many comments as I thought there would have been.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-29, 10:31 am

Joe, you are a start sir

Sky Sports also understands that Newcastle United have pulled out of a move for Lyon forward Bafetimbi Gomis because they were unable to reach an agreement with the club.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-29, 10:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty THE LONE RANGER, OR SHOULD IT BE THE LOAN ARRANGER ?

Post  Guest on 2013-07-30, 9:06 pm

Mike Ashley eyeing Rangers move from Newcastle
NEWCASTLE supporters made their feelings clear at Blackpool’s Bloomfield Road on Sunday by unveiling a banner declaring: ‘Support the team, not the regime’.

And it has emerged they might get their wish to see Mike Ashley leave their clubThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Lb_icon1 as the controversial multi-millionaire continues to develop his interest in Rangers, who Newcastle will play in a pre-season friendly at Ibrox next Tuesday.

Ashley is now the third-biggest shareholder in Rangers with an 8.9 per cent stake as the club work their way back to the Scottish Premier League following the financial collapse last year which sent them into the fourth tier of league footballThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Icon1 north of the border.

Ashley’s huge SportsThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Lb_icon1 Direct leisure company have a deal with the club to sell their official merchandise which they won off rival JJB Sports, owned by Wigan chairman Dave Whelan.

Ashley also secured a deal last March for the naming rights to the 51,000-capacity Ibrox stadiumThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Lb_icon1, although he has yet to announce his plans over any name change.
It all points to an increased interest in Rangers, and close associates of Ashley say it is the enormous potential the club enjoys which he finds appealing, despite their ignominious fall.

Ashley is acutely aware of the merchandising and commercial possibilities at a club which could still call on average gates of about 43,000 last season, despite the fact they were playing largely part-time opposition.

Newcastle fans have one eye on Ashley’s close ties with Rangers, as his unpopularity is such that the vast majority would happily see him sell up and move north of the border.

While Ashley has pumped in the region of £200? million of his fortune into Newcastle, he continues to make baffling decisions which alienate him from supporters – his latest and most bizarre appointment was that of 66-year-old Joe Kinnear as director of football.

Steve Wraith of Newcastle United Football Club Fans United believes Ashley will depart the North-east in much the same way he arrived in 2008.

“It wouldn’t surprise anyone connected with the club to see Mike Ashley go as rapidly as he came in,” said Wraith. “And let’s face it, he wouldn’t be buying an interest in Rangers just for the sake of it. He has put his marker down at Ibrox and it may only be a matter of time before he regards that as a better option than Newcastle.”

He has put his marker down at Ibrox and it may only be a matter of time before he regards that as a better option than Newcastle
Steve Wraith

Wraith says that Ashley was beginning to winThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Lb_icon1 over fans when Newcastle finished fifth in the Premier League 15 months ago, but since then has made some oddball decisions which have injured his reputation.

“He has been hurt by the criticism which has come from fans, but appointing Joe Kinnear is just mind-blowing,” said Wraith.

“He has got rid of Derek Llambias and replaced him with Kinnear, who is considered a comical appointment by the rest of the football world.”
Ashley has yet to make any public announcement regarding his involvement with Rangers, hardly surprising bearing in mind he has yet to speak to the media since taking over Newcastle five years ago.
============================================================================================================

Rangers being Bigger world wide ,than The Magums It would make sense sales wise for his empire, And a whole lot less grief. Bet this makes the Magums realy chuffed.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty WELL I LIKED IT.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-31, 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty FREEFALL AND BULLSHIT

Post  Guest on 2013-08-01, 1:44 am

Newcastle United hoping to lure QPR striker Loïc Rémy to St James' Park after Darren Bent deal collapses
Newcastle United must hope they can put the finishing touches to a loan deal to bring Queens Parks Rangers’ Loïc Rémy to Tyneside after a move for Darren Bent collapsed on Wednesday night.

Bent and his agent are understood to have been far from impressed following a meeting with Newcastle’s Director of Football Joe Kinnear, who suggested he would only offer Aston Villa £2m for the England international.
Newcastle were also well adrift of the player’s wage demands and Bent will now almost certainly join Fulham as they have already offered double what Newcastle were prepared to pay and are willing to offer him close to the £65,000-a-week he earns at Villa.
Crystal Palace are also interested, but Fulham appear to be the clear favourites to land the 29-year-old with manager Martin Jol preparing to make a third bid which will bring them close to Villa’s £6m valuation.
Newcastle’s manager, Alan Pardew, has been attempting to ease fears they could fail to land any of their transfer targets, despite being the only top flight club to have not signed a player this summer.
Having spent the last few weeks exerting subtle pressure on Kinnear, to bring in the players he has asked for, he now seems to have resorted to trying to buy his boss time.
Newcastle United hoping to lure QPR striker Loïc Rémy to St James' Park after Darren Bent deal collapses
Newcastle United must hope they can put the finishing touches to a loan deal to bring Queens Parks Rangers’ Loïc Rémy to Tyneside after a move for Darren Bent collapsed on Wednesday night.
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Darren_Bent_2632605b
South-bound? Darren Bent could be heading to London after a move to Newcastle appeared to fall through Photo: ACTION IMAGES

By Luke Edwards and John Percy
10:00PM BST 31 Jul 2013
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Comments2 Comments

Bent and his agent are understood to have been far from impressed following a meeting with Newcastle’s Director of Football Joe Kinnear, who suggested he would only offer Aston Villa £2m for the England international.
Newcastle were also well adrift of the player’s wage demands and Bent will now almost certainly join Fulham as they have already offered double what Newcastle were prepared to pay and are willing to offer him close to the £65,000-a-week he earns at Villa.
Crystal Palace are also interested, but Fulham appear to be the clear favourites to land the 29-year-old with manager Martin Jol preparing to make a third bid which will bring them close to Villa’s £6m valuation.
Newcastle’s manager, Alan Pardew, has been attempting to ease fears they could fail to land any of their transfer targets, despite being the only top flight club to have not signed a player this summer.
Having spent the last few weeks exerting subtle pressure on Kinnear, to bring in the players he has asked for, he now seems to have resorted to trying to buy his boss time.
Related Articles

• Fulham's two bids for Bent turned down
    30 Jul 2013
  • Newcastle focus on Bent after Gomis snub
    29 Jul 2013
  • Villa face tricky start after Chelsea fixture swap
    25 Jul 2013
  • Villa's Hutton set for Mallorca loan spell
    22 Jul 2013
  • Benteke commits to Villa until 2017
    19 Jul 2013
  • Benteke shows up for pre-season training
    18 Jul 2013

Newcastle’s main priority has been to bolster a forward line that lost Demba Ba in January and was far too reliant on the goals of Papiss Demba Cisse as they narrowly avoided relegation.
But despite making no secret of their interest in Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis, Rémy and Bent, Newcastle have been unable to make a breakthrough.
Kinnear did authorise a £7m bid for Gomis last weekend, but that was rejected by Lyon and reports in France claim the player is not willing to agitate for a move as the Magpies had anticipated.
A loan deal for Rémy with an option to buy would be a good signing given the impact he made in a poor QPR side, although the Frenchman will have some making up to do.
The striker was supposed to sign for Newcastle from Marseille in January, before changing his mind on the day he was due to have his medical when QPR offered to double the wages offered by the Magpies.
The 26-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape back in May and will have a court case to worry about if police decide to charge him with an offence.
Pardew has been trying to stay positive in public, despite the frustration that must be building up as his relationship with Kinnear already begins to show clear signs of strain.
“They are all very much on the radar,” said Pardew, when asked about the three strikers he has been linked with after his side-s 2-0 friendly win over St Mirren on Tuesday night. “We will pursue them until we get them.
"I’m not concerned about any of them slipping away. I think that we are in the market still. We will pay what we think is the right price.
“We’ve done that ever since we have been here. We have always managed to get somebody over the line and I think we will this time.”
That final statement will not sit too well with supporters who can remember recent failings in the summer window.
In the summer of 2011, Newcastle failed to sign a striker to replace Andy Carroll, who had joined Liverpool for £35m more than six months earlier, while last year they only brought in one new player, midfielder Vurnon Anita, from Ajax.
That backfired badly as Newcastle’s Europa League campaign drained them domestically and they signed five players in the January window to rectify their mistake.
Newcastle, though, have always prided themselves on being unflinching negotiators under owner Mike Ashley and that does not seem to have changed, despite the departure of former managing director Derek Llambias and the extra money brought in by the new Premier League television deal and their record shirt sponsorship agreement with Wonga.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10215191/Newcastle-United-hoping-to-lure-QPR-striker-Loic-Remy-to-St-James-Park-after-Darren-Bent-deal-collapses.html

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty Joe the scout

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-01, 11:39 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-01, 7:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 601961_10200139165429183_660282771_n
Home grown,,,,,,Would that be Sammy???????????????????????????

Havin a laff.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-02, 2:13 am

Papiss Cisse of Newcastle is the latest target for Trabzonspor in Turkey.
He has returned to the fold after a dispute over club shirt sponsors Wonga but knows they are keen to bring in two more strikers with talks ongoing for QPR’s Loic Remy and Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2382820/Troubled-Papiss-Cisse-target-Premier-League-raiding-Trabzonspor.html#ixzz2alnh9sQU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-02, 2:34 am

commachio wrote:Papiss Cisse of Newcastle is the latest target for Trabzonspor in Turkey.
He has returned to the fold after a dispute over club shirt sponsors Wonga but knows they are keen to bring in two more strikers with talks ongoing for QPR’s Loic Remy and Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2382820/Troubled-Papiss-Cisse-target-Premier-League-raiding-Trabzonspor.html#ixzz2alnh9sQU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Well Comm, Another cat amongst the pidgeons, One thing for sure, glad I am not a Newcastle supporter right now. Maybe some of them might realise ,what we have endured since forever. Nice one Mike and JER [ Ashington pronunciation ]

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-09, 2:55 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-10, 2:21 am

cyprussyd wrote:The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 971601_10200178228605738_534053335_n
Syd. I am more impressed by your efforts, on this thread, than any TOON supporter has been of late, with the progress or their club. Sad thing is ,I cant even get an arguement, from the so called black and white die hards, My Villa mate is loving it to bits, he just hopes Judas goes to the Toon, cos he realy hates them. But all is cool on the Ashington front, after the three nowt, folks are keeping gobs shut. But then again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It will happen.......BRING IT ON, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ONE SUNDERLAND MAN,,,,,,,,fifty  geordies, unfair fight, should be two hundred geordies

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty HESKY AT NEWCASTLE

Post  Guest on 2013-08-10, 6:19 pm

mile Heskey arrived in Newcastle to much fanfare last season. His first training session came on September 28, 2012, just nine days before his Jets kicked off the 2012/13 season against Adelaide United at the Hunter Stadium. The former England international was a key player for Newcastle, leading the team with nine goals, but left fans wondering if things might have been different with a full pre-season.
Jets supporters will get to test their theories in 2013/14 as Heskey is back in Newcastle to take part in pre-season training and friendlies between now and the mid-October season kick off. Yet it is worth remembering that a slow start was not actually part of Heskey's story last season, even if that has been somewhat obscured by time. Of his nine goals last year, Heskey had scored five by Round 6, including both of the Jets' goals in a 2-1 defeat of Melbourne Victory in Round 4.
Getting a chance to round into better fitness will likely be the greatest benefit to Heskey as the Jets will be hoping to get a full season out of the 35-year-old. Newcastle scored the second fewest goals in the A-League last year yet only missed out on finals football by a single point. If a pre-season fitness regimen can set up a healthy Heskey for 2013/14, the Jets could well be back in the finals, angling for the league's championship trophy.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

At least he had a bit more pride, than signing for the other lot.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/8/10/4608844/emile-heskey-newcastle

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty HA HA HA HA HA HA ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUY IM JOE.

Post  Guest on 2013-08-10, 9:36 pm

Newcastle United offered cut-price deal for Anzhi outcast Samuel Eto’o

Newcastle United have been offered a cut-price deal for Samuel Eto’o as Anzhi try to offload the world’s highest-paid footballer.
Anzhi made history when they announced the £17million arrival of Eto’o from Inter Milan in 2011, handing him a whopping £350,000-a-week contract.
However, with the Russian club announcing that they are slashing their budget by 60 per cent this week, the 32-year-old has been told he must find a new club.
Italian sides Napoli and Genoa are already thought to have contacted Anzhi to discuss a deal, while his agent is keen to get him a transfer to the Premier League.

According to reports in Russia, Chelsea are known to hold a fleeting interest in the player but Newcastle have been formally offered the chance to sign Eto’o for a nominal fee.

Magpies sporting director Joe Kinnear is yet to respond to the offer, but it’s thought the transfer would involve a fee of around £5million while the Cameroon ace would take a significant drop in wages if he was to accept a switch to St James’ Park.

The proposal will entice Kinnear, who is desperate to win over supporters with a big-name striker, but he has been frustrated in his attempts to add depth up front.

Loic Remy has arrived on loan from QPR, but deals for Bafetimbi Gomis and Darrent Bent have stalled, and look like going nowhere.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/10/newcastle-united-offered-cut-price-deal-for-anzhi-outcast-samuel-etoo-3918828/

Everybody needs a laugh from time to time, This is the cloud coocoo land stuff that the toon fans would love.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty STAND UP IF YOU HATE KINNEAR

Post  Guest on 2013-08-10, 11:08 pm

Midfielder Yohan Cabaye has attracted interest from several clubs, but Newcastle United say he is not for sale. Photograph: Peter Powell/EPA
Alan Pardew has described Yohan Cabaye as "one of the best midfielders in the world" and the Newcastle Unitedmanager has no intention of selling his France playmaker.
Paris Saint-Germain have been tracking Cabaye, with Tottenham, Manchester United and Monaco also thought to be potential suitors. Laurent Blanc, PSG's manager and the former France coach, annoyed Pardew last week by saying he hoped Cabaye would "be at a big club" come September, but, outwardly at least, his Newcastle counterpart remains relaxed.
"It [the speculation] can only be good for Yohan's confidence, so if clubs want to get involved, good luck to them," said Pardew after Newcastle's 1-1 draw with Braga at St James' Park on Saturday night. "He's one of the best midfielders in the world and we want to keep him."
Although the Braga friendly was played at a rather low tempo and featured multiple substitutions, Pardew was pleased to see his side score from a corner – a principal weakness last season – courtesy of Fabricio Coloccini's header. Another positive was that Hatem Ben Arfa looked restored to fitness after spending last season struggling with a severe hamstring injury.
Noting that Joe Kinnear, the club's controversial director of football, was in the main stand, there were sporadic chants of "Stand up if you hate Kinnear" from sections of the 16,000 crowd.
Pardew is hoping Kinnear will recruit him another striker before the transfer window closes. "We look like we need a bit of an improvement at the top of the pitch," he said.
Loïc Rémy, the forward signed on a season-long loan from QPR, was paraded on the pitch before kick-off, but he is sidelined by a calf injury. Pardew confirmed the France international will miss Newcastle's opening Premier League game at Manchester City on Monday 19 August.

I just love Newcastle fans, dont you ?

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty THE MINDER, WHO SORTED OUT CHOPRA AND BARTON

Post  Guest on 2013-08-11, 2:47 am

TWO CLOWNS FROM NEWCASTLES CIRCUS.

Layachi Bouskouchi was Man City's 'Mr Fixit' for more than two decades under 17 different managers and the club's full-time 'player liaison officer'.
The Moroccan-born multi-lingual Bouskouchi was well used to helping players and their families out of scrapes - and assisting in crises.
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Th?id=H.5003423235246262&pid=15They have become an increasingly important staff member for clubs, particularly with more foreign players being signed from different cultures. But it is not all lighter moments that people can look back on fondly.

There was a scary incident at Ipswich involving former Toon striker Michael Chopra.
Gangsters claiming they were owed huge sums as a result of his gambling addiction turned up to look for him a couple of winters ago and sources say the player had to be hidden behind a hastily constructed pile of snow to dodge them.
Bouskouchi, now 64, has been involved in many dramas. One infamous incident that did make the front pages was City's 2004 Christmas party when Joey Barton stubbed out a cigar in the eye of a junior player, Jamie Tandy.
Bouskouchi was there, in charge of a security team of five bouncers. He says the confrontation got out of hand when Barton joked he was going to set fire to Tandy's fancy dress sailor outfit. A fight ensued.
'My job is to protect the players' privacy and keep them safe from outsiders,' said Bouskouchi. 'You're not expecting them to start on each other but it happens.'

The Chopra incident, though, did show that far graver issues also have to be confronted. 'The bottom line for a player liaison is to construct a "no excuse" environment for players.'
Michael Chopra has a long-standing gambling addiction for which he has received help from the Sporting Chance clinic.
In 2011, a trial of a drugs gang in Newcastle heard that Chopra owed £250,000 in gambling debts.
Last year he was found guilty at a British Horseracing Authority hearing of corrupting horse races and profiting from horses losing. He was banned from racing for 10 years.

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/the_minder_who_sorted_out_chopra_and_barton_802634/index.shtml

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-11, 2:28 pm

Injury blow for Newcastle´s Remy
11 August 2013

New Newcastle United signing Loic Remy will miss the first game of the season against Manchester City.
Manager Alan Pardew confirmed on Sunday that the 26-year-old, who joined from QPR on a loan deal last week, had picked up a strain that will keep him out of the season opener on Monday 19.
"We look like we need a bit of improvement at the top of the pitch," Pardew told the Newcastle Chronicle. "We have Remy in and unfortunately he's injured, so that's still an area we need to improve on.
"It's just a strain, but it's an area that is stopping him from running at the moment.
"We need to get some work into him.
"There is no chance of him making Man City. Whether there is a chance of him playing against West Ham in the next game is something we will have to suck and see as we go along."

The France international was in good form for QPR last season, despite their relegation, as he netted six goals in 14 appearances after joining from Marseille in January.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
It's just a strain, but it's an area that is stopping him from running at the moment.

Whether there is a chance of him playing against West Ham in the next game is something we will have to suck and see as we go along."

An area stopping him from running, And Pardew is going to suck it ? Well that should get the lad running,,,,,,,Back to QPR.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty THE LONE RANGER IN EXILE

Post  Guest on 2013-08-11, 2:32 pm

Footballer Nile Ranger has been ordered to stay out of Newcastle after appearing in court charged with raping a woman at a hotel in the city.

The 22-year-old, who had his name tattooed on his forehead last month, was in court over the claims for the first time, after being formally charged in July.
Ranger arrived at the hearing with a friend and spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
His alleged victim claimed she was attacked at the budget Carlton Hotel in Jesmond, Tyne and Wear, in January.
At the hearing, ex-Newcastle United striker Ranger was bailed, on the condition that he did not enter the Northumbria Police Force area.
At the city's magistrates' court, chairman of the bench John Doyle told the Londoner: "You will now appear at the crown court and are on conditional bail.
"The conditions are that you live and sleep in London and you do not contact prosecution witnesses in any shape or form by social media or by getting someone to contact them on your behalf.
"You are not to enter Northumbria Police Force area except for court appearances or for legal appointments."
Ranger, who played for England Under-19s, was released by Newcastle in March after almost six years.
He was dropped when they reached the Premier League and is yet to find a new club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nile-ranger-ordered-stay-out-2151069

Couldnt happen to a nicer chap.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-08-12, 7:06 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Empty THE GREEN EYED MONSTER

Post  Guest on 2013-08-12, 8:44 pm

Where's The Ambition? Mackems Spend £30m - Toon Spend Nowt!
By Footy Mad - Editor
Updated Monday, 12th August 2013

As we are currently the only club in the Premier League yet to spend a penny this summer ... the news from Mackemland gets frightening!
Sunderland's transfer spending has already reached almost £30m during the transfer window ... and Paulo Di Canio says he hasn't finished spending!
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 Th?id=H.4720775760448320&pid=15That shows us that the Mackems have faith in their controversial boss; while Mike Ashley doesn't seem willing to spend until Alan Pardew flies the roost!
The Black Cats have been the most active Premier League outfit this summer after adding TEN players to the first-team frame, as Paolo Di Canio remoulds the squad he inherited from Martin O’Neill.
While Joe Kinnear pulled the piss by offering £2m for Darren Bent (who cost Villa £27m) Jozy Altidore and Emanuele Giaccherini both cost the Mackems in excess of £6m.
Sunderland landed Modibo Diakite, Valentin Roberge and Cabral on Bosmans, Vito Mannone and David Moberg Karlsson were each signed for less than £2m, while the club had to pay nominal compensation to Le Havre for out-of-contract midfielder El-Hadji Ba.
Yet NU-Mad understands that the total outlay from Sunderland’s recruitment drive is still approaching the £30m mark – from transfer fees, signing-on payments and agent costs.
A large chunk of that total was financed by the £11m sale of Simon Mignolet to Liverpool, while Sunderland also received £2m for Ahmed Elmohamady from Hull City.
And they further boosted their bank balance last week with the departure of James "Poppy Boy" McClean to Wigan for £1m.
The figures are further evidence of the financial support provided by Sunderland owner Ellis Short.
England international Tom Huddlestone is Sunderland’s main target for the midfield role, but he won’t come cheap, with Tottenham placing a £5m asking price on the 26-year-old earlier this summer before the Black Cats broke off negotiations.
Sunderland are NOT reliant on further sales before making further purchases though.
.........................................................................................................................................................

The numbers dont add up, But Im not telling them that. Eat your hearts out PLUMS.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-08-12, 8:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 8 1173779_10200195048506225_1186167832_n
Just hope I can be in Bubbles at  he weekend, my Magum mates love all this stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum