SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» A little info for the armchair fans
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 EmptyToday at 3:46 pm by cyprussyd

» Fowler
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Congratulations H
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 5:08 pm by gil t azell

» Dave
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:36 am by gil t azell

» Predictions Week 15
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty2019-11-15, 8:57 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Ross
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty2019-11-15, 5:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Appoint a decent manager
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty2019-11-14, 7:26 pm by Steve30000

» Well thats it for me, after last night
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty2019-11-14, 1:20 pm by Kipper

» Donald on radio tonight
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty2019-11-14, 10:18 am by wanderer

» The excitement builds
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty2019-11-13, 8:57 am by cyprussyd

The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty THE MAD MAG.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-24, 2:33 am

I Always Worry Which Of His Mates Ashley Will Choose To Run NUFC Next…

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/i-always-worry-which-of-his-mates-ashley-will-choose-to-run-nufc-next/

It’s very sad reading all the negative stories about our team. The seemingly never ending episodes of Ashley’s crass management have taken NUFC beyond being a laughing stock.
We have an owner who really appears not to care about our team and its reputation and people now actually feel sorry for us Newcastle fans.
You all know the instances which if not shocked, at least dismayed us; his regime was proved in a court of law to be lying, sacked Hughton, hired his mate Alan Pardew, hired his mates Wise and Jimenez (who are now in court battling each other), hired JFK, got us relegated, renamed the stadium, sold Carroll in the last minutes of a transfer window, hired JFK again etc.
Why is he doing these things?
He has no historic or personal connection to the club but what he does have is the knack of making money.
Sky TV money is huge, dwarfing the revenue from ticket sales, although that too is a canny bit of cash. Income has increased but players’ wages and transfer fees have reduced.
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 281_silver_anniversary_special_grandeNow I’m not saying we should go for so called marquee signings, but if Ashley had any ambition (other than Premier League survival, to ensure Sky money), with the income we have, he could easily do so. Instead he pockets the profit.
He hires his mates who are out of work and are just grateful to get a job and are happy to pursue his penny pinching methods.
Unfortunately, I also think some fans see this as good money management too and are seduced by the comments that occasionally emanate from the club that they are balancing the books and putting us in a healthy financial situation. Bo***cks! If he really wanted to do that he could lower the debt we have by reducing it by the profit he makes each year, but he has decided not to do that. The debt is exactly as it was when he took over. An interest free loan but still debt.
I have children and grandchildren who have never seen our team win a trophy. With the current regime it’s not looking good for that situation changing any time soon. Last year we qualified for the Europa League and deliberately did not buy players despite everyone, including yes man Pardew, knowing they were needed. They actually blamed the Europa League for the almost disastrous league campaign!
Presumably, if we qualify for Europe again we’ll just say no thanks! Ashley obviously doesn’t want to go to the expense of having a big enough squad to challenge for trophies and is happy just to plod along, do enough to stay in the PL and pocket the profits every year.
2013/14 – I can only see more of the same.
Fans will turn up in their thousands, Ashley will trouser more £Xms and we’ll win nowt, plus probably flirt again with relegation.
How can it change? Vote with your feet and your wallets. He only cares about money so you know what you have to do.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Why does this nitwit, always advocate a non attendance at Syd James. What a real supporter he is. And As if Fat Mike gives a toss what he thinks.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty PRIDE GO ETH BEFORE THE FALL

Post  Guest on 2013-07-24, 2:58 am

Another one I cant cut and paste, but I think Pardew is deluding himself.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130724/pardews-pride-at-pacos-performance_2281670_3326165

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty Joe says

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-24, 1:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-24, 2:22 pm

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The RIP Newcastle United Thread

Post  Guest on 2013-07-24, 3:03 pm

billofengland wrote:Not going to cut and paste anything, as I cant do the pictures, dont know how. so best you click on the link, I quite enjoyed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2375594/Pacos-Ferreira-1-Newcastle-United-1-match-report--Shola-Ameobi-nets-Fabricio-Coloccini-sees-red.html

Please learn mate, links, can't be arsed.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty £80,000 FOR WASHED UP MAKEM

Post  Guest on 2013-07-25, 4:19 am

Newcastle are in pole position to sign Darren Bent from Aston Villa after Fulham pulled out of the race for his signature.
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Th?id=H.4575116224563086&pid=15The 29-year-old is heading for the exit door at Villa Park and it looked as though it would be a straight scrap between Newcastle and Fulham for his signature.
However, reports claim that Fulham boss Martin Jol has baulked at the player's wage demands meaning Newcastle have been given a free run to complete a deal.
Bent is reported to be on £80,000 a week at Villa and it now also remains to be seen if Toon owner Mike Ashley will be willing to pay that on top of the £5million transfer fee.
Pardew has worked with Bent in the past when they were together at Charlton and the striker believes St James' Park could be the place to get his career back on track if a deal can be agreed.
But Ashley does not want to fork out £5m for a player who is almost 30, with no re-sell value.
As for his wages?
Fabricio Coloccini is the top earner at Newcastle on a reported £60,000 per week, and that apparently is the "cap" Ashley has on wages.
An extra £20,000 on top of Colo's wages for a washed up Mackem who couldn't get a game for Aston Villa last season?
GIVE ME STRENGTH!
Pacos De Ferreira 1 Toon 1
PACOS DE FERREIRA: Filipe, Dias, Ruben, Leao, Caetano, Poulson, Oliveira, Lopes, Tony, Jose, Anunciacao.
NEWCASTLE UNITED: Elliot; Debuchy (Dummett, 84), S Taylor (Williamson, 79), Coloccini, Yanga-Mbiwa; Cabaye (Gutierrez, 46), Tiote; Sissoko (Vuckic, 79), Ben Arfa (Gouffran, 46, Campbell, 87), Sammy Ameobi (Santon, 46); Shola Ameobi (Marveaux, 73). Subs not used: Alnwick.

Pre-season friendlies can be like watching paint dry, as both teams draw up a truce - I won't tackle you if you don't tackle me. But this was a right feisty affair that threatened to blow up.
Fabricio Coloccini saw red during a stormy pre-season friendly in Portugal.
United created a chance after two minutes when Yohan Cabaye’s free-kick wasn’t cleared and it eventually fell for Shola Ameobi who fired the ball high over the bar.
The Magpies then had to absorb a spell of pressure from the home side as the Yellow Boys penned United in their own half.
But Manuel Jose’s dangerous left wing cross that bounced just wide of the far post was the closer they came to troubling Rob Elliot in the first 10 minutes.
But the home side grabbed the lead five minutes later.
A left wing cross from Jaime Poulson wasn’t dealt with by United and Caetano made mistake as he fired the ball home inside the box at the back post.
United enjoyed a glimpse of goal on 20 minutes when Ben Arfa motored down the left hand channel but as he neared the goal his powerful effort sailed over the bar.
In a lively contest Poulson took out Cabaye before the half hour mark but Steven Taylor levelled up matters on that score with a crunching tackle on Caetano.
Then Debuchy clashed with Helder with the French full-back having to be hauled away from the Pacos man.
The flare-up infuriated the United bench and home fans stormed towards the dugout to confront both John Carver and Andy Woodman before one fan was dragged away by his missus!
United almost netted on 32 minutes when Sammy Ameobi’s cross found Shola Ameobi at the back post but his header bounced wide.
Yet the unsavoury feel to the “friendly” continued when Anunciacao was booked for taking out Sammy Ameobi 11 minutes before the break.
Moments later United won a corner and Yohan Cabaye’s swirling corner was headed straight at keeper Antonio Filipe.
Caetano and Coloccini squared up on the edge of the box and with both raising their hands, ref Jorge Sousa issued red cards to make the game a 10-a-side contest on 37 minutes.
Coloccini’s hair was pulled by Caetano before he grabbed the player by the throat.
United made three changes at half-time with Jonas, Davide Santon and Yoan Gouffran replacing Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Sammy Ameobi.
Newcastle looked a more settled team in the second half and slowly applied the pressure with Shola Ameobi levelling the game up just after the hour mark.
His 61st minute strike saw the big striker pick up a pass from Gouffran before lashing the ball home with his left foot.
United continued to build up some pressure down the left and Santon’s left wing cross only just evaded Gouffran before Debuchy smashed the ball over the with 18 minutes to go.
There were just eight minutes left on the clock when Debuchy’s teasing cross found sub Harid Vuckic but his bullet header cracked the post.
Newcastle finished the stronger of the two sides on the night and Pardew will be happy with the level of performance.
United had to rely on a last gasp – on the line clearance from Vuckic – in the final moments of the game after Fernando Neto looked to have won it for the hosts.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Strange thing is Newcastle are still looking at the overpaid disruptive plonker, I honestly hope they sign him. He could do what he always does, disrupts the changing room, falls out with the manager, by the way has Pardew got a daughter ?

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/80000_per_week_for_washedup_mackem_800758/index.shtml

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-25, 4:20 am

commachio wrote:
billofengland wrote:Not going to cut and paste anything, as I cant do the pictures, dont know how. so best you click on the link, I quite enjoyed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2375594/Pacos-Ferreira-1-Newcastle-United-1-match-report--Shola-Ameobi-nets-Fabricio-Coloccini-sees-red.html

Please learn mate, links, can't be arsed.

Whats so hard about a CLICK ?

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-25, 1:52 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-25, 11:12 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 969992_10200108507862763_947690350_n

Syd, the picture you posted was interesting to say the least, Made me think,,,,,,,,,Which one has any sanity

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty PARDEW GUILTY OF STRETCHING THE TRUTH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AGAIN.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-26, 2:31 am

I have long since given up on Alan Pardew’s tenuous grip on reality.
Since the arrival of Joe Kinnear as his boss you can hardky blame the man for feeling like he is losing the plot when he has that idiot looking over his shoulder.
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 AP_AlanPardew_Newcastle_United_NUFC0001However, the pre-season has increasingly brought his ever more desperate comments to the fore.
After Newcastle were soundly beaten 3-1 by Mickey Mouse Portuguese club Rio Ave who play in front of two thousand at their domestic league home matches, Pardew came out with comments such as Newcastle had bossed the game, by far the better team, plus I counted at least 8 players who the manager reckoned had had great games.
(To feature like Jim on the website/magazine, send in your letters/articles to contribute@themag.co.uk)
The second and final game of the Portuguese pre-season was against Pacos de Ferreira and this is what Alan Pardew had to say afterwards;
That was a terrific performance to get a draw against a Champions League side who, let’s not forget, finished just behind Benfica last season.”
Hmmm, well – it kind of depends on what you mean by ‘just behind’?
This is how the top of the Portuguese League table looked at the end of the season just gone (points then goal difference);
78 (+56) Porto
77 (+57) Benfica
54 (+13) Pacos De Ferreira
Pacos de Ferreira did indeed finish only one place behind Benfica but a bit like in Scotland before Rangers self-imploded, outside of the top two is nowhere, as the 23 point gap behind Benfica shows.
I don’t set great store by friendlies whether we win or lose but I don’t like our manager treating us like fools.
As for the comment about it being great getting a draw against a ‘Champions League side’, there are ‘Champions League Sides’ and then there are ‘Champions League sides’.
Pacos de Ferreira have NEVER played any Champions League match in their history and their upcoming Champions League qualifying tie will very likely be their first AND last.
Apart from also only playing in front of a couple of thousand every home match (their capacity is only 5,000), the recent league finishes in a league of only 16 teams have been; 11th, 6th, 15th, 10th, 10th, 7th.
To put into further perspective, Maritimo who were really really poor when we played them in the Europa League had qualified for that by finishing with 50 points two season ago. In the season just gone, Pacos got 4 more and ended up as a ‘Champions League side’.
Trying to make out as though this was great opposition is crazy and doesn’t do Alan Pardew any favours.
It is like saying Welsh side TNS or Irish club Cliftonville are ‘Champions League sides’.
At least the manager stopped himself short of saying the Ameobis could be a top class forward line…didn’t he???

Im sure the Magums wont read this thread, they will believe they were beaten, by world class opposition. BOE

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty SHOLA

Post  Guest on 2013-07-26, 4:38 am

Shola Ameobi, our Nemisis, could have his own place in history, Not with medals or cups. But as being possibly the last person from the North East, or England for that matter. To recieve a testamonial. There are a few more who have served their clubs long time, Gerrard for instance, but not many.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-26, 6:51 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-26, 11:10 am

Sunderland sharpen up as rivals slog on the Tyne

Posted by John Brewin

• Recommend0
  • Tweet0
  • [url=http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/soccernet/SendToFriendSoccernet?URL=http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/8127&title=Sunderland sharpen up as rivals slog on the tyne&id=8127]Email[/url]

Hope always springs eternal in North East football. Depression lurks within easy reach too. Though last season saw both feeling down in the dumps, the relationship between Newcastle United and Sunderland can be symbiotic. When one is down, the other is often feeling up.

It has been Sunderland’s summer so far. Optimism flowed after a rather smart 3-1 victory against Tottenham in Wednesday’s pre-season Premier League Asia Trophy. Paolo Di Canio’s new signings impressed, with Cabral scoring, Emanuele Giaccherini influential and Jozy Altidore causing trouble. Forgotten man Wes Brown, last seen in last year’s pre-season, scored a goal and looked assured in central defence.

Taking on Di Canio as manager was a crazy plan but it might just work. The spectre of his political beliefs will always be in the shadows but Sunderland may just have a galvanising figure in charge. It had been a club reaching for identity for far too long. Di Canio’s volcanic nature suggests longevity cannot be taken for granted, but for now there is a sense of direction.

For better or worse, the listlessness of Martin O’Neill’s final months in charge will not be repeated while the Italian is in charge. This could be quite the ride. There is also the high amusement factor of goings on at the other side of the Tyne-Wear conurbation. Newcastle have returned in style to their perennial position as a circus of high farce. Mike Ashley remains its mute ringmaster.

Paris Saint-Germain striker Kevin Gameiro joined Sevilla on Thursday. Newcastle fans could only exasperate as yet another supposed transfer target headed somewhere other than St James‘ Park. Their team was desperately short of quality personnel last season.

Had it not been for the benevolence of QPR’s Jose Bosingwa, who gifted them both goals in their penultimate match, Alan Pardew’s team would have entered the final day of the season needing a result to stay in the Premier League. That game was against Arsenal, who required a win to qualify for the Champions League.

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Papisscissetraining20130510_275x155
GettyImagesPapiss Cisse and 'Wonga-gate' have hung over Newcastle in the past week.
Newcastle ended the campaign with only Papiss Cisse as any kind of a credible striker. And he has only just made an about-turn on the religious principles that would prevent him wearing the club’s new sponsor on his shirt. Pay-day loan company Wonga charge an APR of 5,853%, but Islam does not allow interest on borrowing money. By sheer coincidence, Cisse’s boycott ended not long after tabloid pictures appeared of him gambling in a casino, another practice frowned upon in the Koran.

One striker will not make a summer. Newcastle ended last season bereft of goals. Fresh blood is needed. While all around them, including Sunderland, are freely spending the funds from a bumper new TV deal, no money has yet been spent on transfers.

If 17-year-old Olivier Kemen is acknowledged as one for the future, Newcastle’s only signing of the summer has been Joe Kinnear. The runaway mouth almighty has been quietened after the rambling diatribes that accompanied his return to the club as director of football. However, the feeling that Kinnear is a Trojan horse to smoke out Alan Pardew from his eight-year contract remains. Though there is a suggestion that the manager has recently gained a small victory over his supposed superior.

Kinnear cronyism has been headed off at the pass. Ask players of a certain age for their most feared opponent and striker Mick Harford would always be the answer. However, Harford is 54 now and Kinnear, who worked with him at Wimbledon and Luton, had planned to bring him to Newcastle as an eyes and ears on the training ground. Harford chose to take a similar role at Millwall instead and Kinnear has been denied a right-hand man.
For now, Pardew fights on but Newcastle is nothing if not a club divided.

The Ashley axis maintains its wall of silence. Chairman Derek Llambias departed the scene as Kinnear arrived. The suspicion is that the owner has lost interest and Kinnear’s appointment was Ashley’s idea of making it someone else’s problem. It took the club days to officially confirm Kinnear’s appointment, and no statement was made on the Harford dalliance either.

Meanwhile, Pardew’s public utterances bear an edge of panic at the lack of reinforcement. Bafetimbi Gomis of Lyon was mentioned weeks ago. Darren Bent, relegated to Aston Villa’s ‘bomb squad‘ with a new shirt number of 39, is available. Marseille want Andre-Pierre Gignac off the wage bill, QPR the same with Loic Remy and a bid for him has supposedly been lodged. As yet, no movement.

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Yohancabayecheiktioteceleb20120104_275x155
GettyImagesYohan Cabaye and Checik Tiote: No longer A-Listers
Selling to buy is hardly a new direction for Newcastle but there seem few takers for formerly cashable assets. Hatem Ben Arfa, Cheick Tiote and Yohann Cabaye were valued at a king’s ransom a year ago. Injury and loss of form has tarnished all three. None of them is on the must-have A-list for any major suitor now. January’s tardy supermarket sweep of Francophone talents may yet throw up a gem, but Pardew’s is a squad of gaping holes and underpowered components.

Denied direction and the confidence of his bosses, Pardew has been understandably tetchy but also unnecessarily defensive too. “I was a little bit disappointed with the press about that,” said Pardew a fortnight ago, bizarrely annoyed that reporters might have seen a story in skipper Fabricio Coloccini’s attempted flit back to Argentina in January. Last season saw hacks banned for reporting squad rifts.

And with Pardew working in the dark, the club’s fans can hardly enter the season with any sense of hope. The manager looks a sitting duck, but Ashley is waiting for him to jump first. And beyond that, the future is Kinnear. The courting of Harford was a clear attempt to put a succession in place.

There is no such thing as business as usual when your business has become so unusual. By comparison, Sunderland, the club of Paolo Di Canio seems an oasis of normality and progression.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-26, 11:21 am

If 17-year-old Olivier Kemen is acknowledged as one for the future, Newcastle’s only signing of the summer has been Joe Kinnear. The runaway mouth almighty has been quietened after the rambling diatribes that accompanied his return to the club as director of football

The bike from Walker is not happy.

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 29ux79g

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-26, 11:27 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty DECIPHERING PARDEWS COMMENTS

Post  Guest on 2013-07-27, 1:02 am

Newcastle United’s Portuguese pre-season tour seems to have went pretty well in terms of preparation for the upcoming season if a whole host of Northern journalists are to be believed. Fitness levels are extremely high – a result of four hour long training sessions in relative heat, while there seems to be a stern and focused mentality. Such results offer immense encouragement to Newcastle United fans who have grown tired of countless transfer rumours, and little end product, as of yet. Shola Ameobi scored Newcastle United’s two goals in their outings against both Rio Ave and Pacos Ferreira. Make of that what you will folks. However, comments from our manager about last season sparked me into writing this very article as they quite frankly left me astounded.

The best thing about our 2011/12 Premier League in which we finished fifth, was the sheer confidence amongst both the playing staff and the supporters ahead of any tie. Whether it was Manchester United away, or Stoke City at home – fans felt prepared and assured in the knowledge that tactically we had a plan to oust our opposition.
2012/13 could not have been any different. For most of the season we looked fatigued, bereft of ideas, and quite frankly: awful.
The famous formation that saw the side scores buckets of goals and scare oppositions into submission disappeared. A winning formula was shelved. Instead, we played a long-ball game that skipped our midfield and caged any creativity from midfield that Cabaye offered.
Speaking to the ever opinionated George Caulkin at The Times Pardew looked back at the previous season and shed his thoughts on his own failings. Here are some tidbits of what he said:

“Maybe I tightened us up in terms of expressing ourselves,” – going on to suggest he spent too much time on tactics
…..”Got too clever” – again, speaking about his tatical endeavours throughout the years.
The first quote is spot on and probably a nice way of putting it. Pardew turned us into an awful team to watch and restricted creativity among the talented players in our team. A big no-no for any team, not just one who looked to seal another Top 10 finish.
The most amazing thing out of his interview is the fact he thinks he got too clever with tactics and even suggested he spent too much time meddling with them.
Tactics in layman’s terms are a set of plans to combat threats from the opposition. One utilises what they have in order to thwart the progression of their opponent.
The 2011/12 season was tactics at their finest. Last season was terrible, and far from clever.
How does the visible regression in our play come spending too much time with tactics? It defies logic. If he spent so much time on tactics then you would expect results, and a better brand of football. Mind boggling to say the least.
The one positive we can take from such comments are the fact Pardew realises his mistake, and that is the first step towards fixing them (reverting back to the winning shape we had two seasons ago!). The much anticipated arrival of a forward will offer another option when it comes to deciding on tactics, but let’s just hope he will ditch the dinosaur methodologies and find a solid and accommodating formation for the undoubted creativity that our squad possesses.

http://www.tynetime.com/2013/07/26/deciphering-alan-pardews-pre-season-comments/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=deciphering-alan-pardews-pre-season-comments

This team gets pottier by the day.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty ALL ABOUT THE,MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-27, 1:30 am

Newcastle target Bafetimbi Gomis
Toon’s move for the striker has stalled as the 27-year-old thrashes out a financial package to quit the financially-stricken French side.
Gomis snubbed a meetingThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Icon1 with Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas to discuss his exit, claiming the club must drop their £8.5m asking price.
The fee includes performance- related add-ons for the playerThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Icon1 who is also being tracked by Tottenham and Aston Villa.
Lyon insist the deal for the France international has been scuppered because of his demands for a six-figure signing-on feeThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Icon1 and a £50,000-a-week salary to join Newcastle.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas wrote:“We gave him a letter by hand about the meeting but he did not come”
Angry Aulas didn’t take kindly to the Gomis no-show, which stretched the player’s relationship with the clubThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Icon1 to breaking point.
Aulas said: “We gave him a letter by hand about the meeting but he did not come.”
Toon boss Alan Pardew is yet to sign a senior player this summerThe RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Icon1, with Gomis, Darren Bent

Absolute class, eat your heart out Freddie Shepperd.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty IS THIS BLOKE POTTY OR WHAT

Post  Guest on 2013-07-27, 2:29 am

Welcome To Pantomime Season At Newcastle United …Oh No It’s Not

6 hours ago by Jamie Swan

No offence to all the good boys and girls out there, who have the excellent taste in this very website – but enough is enough.
Needless to say we all love the Toon, we all want to see the club doing well… but FFS this constant bickering about negative /positive articles being posted is getting right on my tit end.
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Fans16
Still waiting for some seasonal (Summer) cheer
Is it just me? The problem is the utter, utter madhouse that is NUFC has turned everyone into stark raving lunatics.
The fans have literally been battered into submission by Lard Arse McTubbs (Mike Ashley), that we are turning against each other in tit for tat petty arguments. Reason being? Nowt else to do but do the stories to death!
The same garbage player transfer tittle-tattle has been rehashed into so many various guises you could fill 18 volumes of the sodding Encyclopaedia Brittanica with chapter and verse on (non-signings) Darren Bent, Batty Gomis and Warwick Remy. I call him Warwick as I have heard that his middle name is Hunt.
Conspiracy theories are now being drafted as regards the movements behind the scenes at Newcastle. So much so that Oliver Stone (Director of our DoF’s first Movie role JFK) is rumoured to be interested in filming the Hollywood adaptation.
However, the whole thing would need to be shot in super slow-motion to pick up the movements of our rabble rouser management – currently invisible to the naked eye.
Not sure how entertaining it would be watching Mr.Kinnear in the broom cupboard playing solitaire with his feet and crayons up his nose.
Or indeed seeing Mike Ashley playing hide and seek with our PL funds. He has been hidden so long, the Guinness book of records are striving to locate him to tell him of his latest global record – hot on the heels of the world’s longest vow of silence.
Mike, at this exact minute, could well be found in the foothills of the Tora Bora mountains or riding bareback on Shergar with Lord Lucan for all we know. Carlos the Jackal has given more quotes to SSN than old Ash.
That’s why left in the dark, the natives are going stir crazy. Myself included.
The realists – or negative gang, are convinced that MA is here to destroy us, taking every penny he can, selling everyone and signing no one. Hang on, that’s what he is doing!
Whilst the blind faith brigade, expect everyone to sing ‘Always look on the bright side of life’ as the club hierarchy smash in another nail through our hands, fixing us to our collective black and white crucifixes! Keep smiling and take it for the team – it will get better.
People will argue that the reality is probably somewhere in the middle but facts are facts.
We have signed naff all and sold a few. We are not stronger by any stretch of the imagination, regardless of what twaddle you might read.
Personally – I firmly believe that Mike Ashley is unfit to run our club, as is his DoF, and to a certain extent our manager. So what do we expect?
The decisions made historically do not fill any right minded person with the faith that these buffoons will put right.
Until players are actually pitchside being photographed in their Wonga top with a grinning Pards by their side – bank on nowt.

Who owns Nufc, Who is a billionair, WHO IS THIS JERK OFF.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-27, 7:46 am

It does seem to be going very well up the road, Kinnear is without doubt their best signing ever.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-07-27, 7:52 am

One that Newcastle fans will love, Ben Afra laughing at the 0-3 score

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-27, 6:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:One that Newcastle fans will love, Ben Afra laughing at the 0-3 score
The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 1005786_539835326051948_338908643_n

A LEE CLARKE MOMENT................................Love it to bits.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty THE LONE RANGER RIDES AGAIN.

Post  Guest on 2013-07-27, 8:03 pm

Nile Ranger – Out Of Work But Still Making Headlines With His Class & Charm

It is very hard to believe that not so long ago a certain Nile Ranger was still getting our hard earned money, especially when the chore of turning up for training was way far too much to ask of him.
His behaviour then and since is surely a case of somebody who only a mother could love.
Thankfully, it was a case of yet another arrest too many and Ranger was booted out of St.James’ Park.
To Nile’s amazement, but not to any rational person, there hasn’t been a queue of clubs wanting to take advantage of such a bargain signing.
While an upcoming rape trial (next court appearance is in Newcastle next month) won’t have exactly helped.
Ranger has now helpfully had his name printed tattooed on the side of his face which no doubt will help the police identification procedure the next time he is arrested.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/nile-ranger-out-of-work-but-still-making-headlines-with-his-charm/

Check the comments out, then go back to the picture, What a Newcastle leg end. Makes the tattoo on the Sunderland supporters back, lAlmost perfect.

Back to top Go down

The RIP Newcastle United Thread - Page 7 Empty CAN YOU SMELL, WHAT I SMELL ?

Post  Guest on 2013-07-27, 11:16 pm

Newcastle's Joe Kinnear fit as a flea and aiming for Champions League qualification

"My job is simple - bring in quality players who will give the manager more options" says Toon's top-four-chasing director of football

Joe Kinnear has declared himself fit and well to succeed in his role as director of football at Newcastle.

The 66-year-old was a shock appointment by owner Mike Ashley but in an exclusive ­interview Kinnear spoke about his health, his plans to mould [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/newcastle united fc]the Geordies[/url] into a club ­capable of a return to the ­Champions League and his working relationship with ­manager Alan Pardew.

Kinnear was manager at ­Newcastle three and a half years ago when he suffered his second heart attack. But he has no fears about dealing with the stress that will come with involvement at such a high-profile club:

HIS HEALTH “I saw a specialist about six months ago and he said I was fine. I have never felt fitter. I go regularly to the gym and I walk a lot and also jog. I have no doubts that I will be OK.”

There was criticism of a previous regime at St James’ Park that the figures of ­influence were based in ­London. But Kinnear will spend the majority of the week on ­Tyneside.

“I will be at the club four days a week — ­minimum,” said Kinnear. “I feel fit and good — and I am ready to take on the challenge.”
THE PLANS “I have worked at the club before and I know what ­Newcastle means to the fans.

“They have a passion for Newcastle and so do I. Last season was a disappointing one but the simple truth was that the squad just wasn’t strong enough.
“The Europa League also took its toll ­because of injuries and that was felt in the league. My job is simple - [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/newcastle transfer news]to bring in quality players[/url] who will give the manager more ­options.

“What we don’t want to ­happen again is for the club to be worried about ­relegation with a couple of games left.
“What I see in the long term is help to put together a squad to get this club back into the Champions League.

“They have tasted it before and I want that to happen again. We have some talented young players at Newcastle and if there was one benefit from the Europa League, it was that Alan was able to give valuable first-team­experience to those players.

“Like Moussa Sissoko, Mapou ­Yanga-Mbiwa, Hatem Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye. All excellent. And we have Sammy ­Ameobi, Shola’s brother. I have spoken with Fabricio Coloccini and I am confident he is staying and Steven ­Taylor — well, he is a rock.
“We just need to bring in more talent.”

Kinnear has already drawn up a list of matches to be attended by him and chief scout Graham Carr to identify targets for the transfer window in January.

THE MEETINGS WITH PARDEW “There is a mutual respect between us. I have sat down with Alan, one on one, on two or three occasions and he is fully supportive of my role.

“We both have the same aim — to bring success to ­Newcastle. I feel confident we will have a great working relationship and one that will benefit Newcastle.

“He had to perform a ­juggling act last season ­because of Europa League commitments and injuries. Now the plan is to give him more quality in his squad.”

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“What I see in the long term is help to put together a squad to get this club back into the Champions League.

BACK? into the champions league, have I missed something here?

Sure the Magums will love this one,,,,,,,,

Kinnear has already drawn up a list of matches to be attended by him and chief scout Graham Carr to identify targets for the transfer window in January.

You could be relegated, or lynched by then mate.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-joe-kinnear-wants-champions-2095697

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-27, 11:53 pm

Toon played in the champions league when Daglish was manager...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-07-28, 12:39 am

silvers wrote:Toon played in the champions league when Daglish was manager...

Well Silvers, that one realy DID slip by me. Didnt remember it, did they do anything ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum