SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light.

Go down

Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light.

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-14, 6:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The well-oiled rock machine that is Bon Jovi rolled into Wearside in style as the US stars thrashed their way through their extensive back catalogue in front of a bumper crowd at the Stadium of Light.
The band roared onto the stage with as much subtlety as their monster set, which was made up of the front grill of an old American Cadillac car, and from the moment the four-piece hit the stage they did not take their foot off the gas.
Up to 40,000 adoring fans were in revved up as the leather-clad stars kicked off their three-hour show with What the Water Made.
“Good evening Sunderland! Get up out of your seat, this aint TV”  yelled the 51 year-old rocker as he greeted the crowd, “Show me what you got!”
Earlier rain showers did not dampen the spirits of the thousands that packed into the stadium; in fact a giant open-air karaoke was formed as they sang every word in unison with the band.
The front man belted out crowd favourites from their collection of no-less than 12 studio albums, including You Give Love a Bad Name, Runaway and It's My Life, before peppering their set list with material from their new chart-topping record What About Now.
The gig at the home of Sunderland AFC was the band’s fourth pit stop on the UK leg of their ‘Because We Can Tour’ which kicked off in America back in February.
Founding guitarist Richie Sambora ruled himself out of the current tour, something that worried die-hard fans of the group, but they had nothing to worry about as replacement Phil X did a sterling job alongside Jon giving a rock solid performance.
"Let's get this thing into high gear." he hollered as they entered their 20 minute encore with fan favourite Livin' On A Prayer.
The marathon show was brought to a close by the band's biggest UK hit, Always, and the four-piece rode off into the distance satisfied that their road trip to Sunderland was a roaring success! 
....................................................................................................................................................................................................
The SoL is now a recognised concert venue and for me that can only be a good thing so well done to all involved in making it happen.

To have a 40,000 crowd coming into the city with all the publicity that goes with it must help the city. Love or hate the acts we must applaud the effort.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty Re: Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light.

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-14, 6:35 am

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light. Empty Re: Bon Jovi turns it up a gear at the Stadium of Light.

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-06-14, 10:48 am

Hope you all enjoyed them.....been twice & they're fantastic.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-06-14, 1:02 pm

I thought there looked a lot more than 40,000 there last night mind..I went with my misses, daughter and youngest son, and we all thoroughly enjoyed a cracking performance by the aging rocker..Brilliant!!!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-14, 1:05 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I thought there looked a lot more than 40,000 there last night mind..I went with my misses, daughter and youngest son, and we all thoroughly enjoyed a cracking performance by the aging rocker..Brilliant!!!

Ageing rocker to you, young kid to us

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-06-14, 1:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:I thought there looked a lot more than 40,000 there last night mind..I went with my misses, daughter and youngest son, and we all thoroughly enjoyed a cracking performance by the aging rocker..Brilliant!!!

Ageing rocker to you, young kid to us

I think he is a similar age to me, so definitely no longer a young pup! In his case, his experience resulted in him looking like the stage was his home, and he played the crowd up like a true pro..My wife is a long standing fan, but after last night's performance, they have gained three more fans in our household..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-14, 1:56 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-06-14, 2:23 pm

I have been to 2 concerts at the SOL, both times Take That came, and the atmosphere was brilliant. The organisation was good and we had a great night both times.

Mind I still don't understand how it can possibly be okay for concert goers to be drunk as monkeys and continue drinking alcohol in their seats, and who stand all night in the same stadium that bans any football supporters for doing the same.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-14, 2:33 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I have been to 2 concerts at the SOL, both times Take That came, and the atmosphere was brilliant. The organisation was good and we had a great night both times.

Mind I still don't understand how it can possibly be okay for concert goers to be drunk as monkeys and continue drinking alcohol in their seats, and who stand all night in the same stadium that bans any football supporters for doing the same.

How could you post this, Take That indeed

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-06-14, 2:45 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I have been to 2 concerts at the SOL, both times Take That came, and the atmosphere was brilliant. The organisation was good and we had a great night both times.

My wife went to both of the Take That concerts and thought they were excellent..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-14, 7:08 pm

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum