SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Congratulations H
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyToday at 6:42 pm by Hieronymus

» Well thats it for me, after last night
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyToday at 6:19 pm by wanderer

» Donald on radio tonight
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyToday at 5:08 pm by cyprussyd

» Dave
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyToday at 9:37 am by cretanmakem

» Appoint a decent manager
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyToday at 9:04 am by cyprussyd

» The excitement builds
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyToday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:37 pm by fitz

Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-23, 11:40 am

Hieronymus wrote:BBC Gossip says Thomas Vermaelen is available for £5m, according to the Sun. Vermaelen available for £5m

I can't get the story to load (damn annoying rubbish internet) so I don't know any more than that, or if we have bene linked with him at all.

Vermaelen has had a bad run of injuries, which is why he has not had a good season, but I always thought he was a class player. It may be that the ankle injury he has been troubled with all year is worse than people have let on, which may be why Arsenal are willing to let him go, but if he is available I would make an enquiry at least. Maybe playing with Mig might be an attraction for him?

But could he be playing with mig at Arsenal?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours

Post  Guest on 2013-05-23, 5:13 pm

Agree that he's a class act, but then so is John Mensah, who likes it here, and is five times cheaper. They seem to me to be carrying the same injury-prone baggage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2013-05-24, 7:38 am

Hopefully this may come off Cardiff interested in taking Danny Graham,price 3.5-4 million.
I would take it ,graham has had enough games to impress and hasn't so get rid
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-24, 7:50 am

GOAL-SHY striker Danny Graham could head the Sunderland exodus with a shock £4m move to newly-promoted Cardiff.Black Cats’ chief Paolo Di Canio has drawn up his retained list after becoming increasingly disillusioned with the squad he inherited from Martin O’Neill.And there’s barely enough players on it to raise a team with the Italian willing to listen to offers for the majority of his squad.That includes Graham, who only joined Sunderland from Swansea in January but has failed to find the net in 13 games.Now Cardiff manager Malky Mackay is ready to throw the Geordie a lifeline and pair him with Fraizer Campbell, another forward who was deemed surplus to requirements at the Stadium of Light.Mackay gave 27-year-old Graham his big break at Watford, signing him from Middlesbrough, and the striker repaid his faith by becoming the Championship’s top scorer in 2011 to earn a £3.5m move to Swansea.Mackay wants Graham for Cardiff’s first season in the top flight for 50 years.He is confident Graham can score at the highest level and provide competition for Nicky Maynard and Campbell.Mackay said: “A goalscorer is essential in the Premier League and to find one is the Holy Grail.“Everyone is looking for someone to stick the ball in the net.”Meanwhile Di Canio is planning a major overhaul.The Italian still believes he can bring the best out of Adam Johnson but has already said Phil Bardsley and Matt Kilgallon will be bombed out.Striker Connor Wickham is also set to move on while the futures of Craig Gardner, Seb Larsson and James McClean are all in doubt.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-05-24, 10:20 am

ROVERTSAFC wrote:Hopefully this may come off Cardiff interested in taking Danny Graham,price 3.5-4 million.

I can't see this with Danny being a former Swansea player. They hate each other as much (or more) than us and Newcastle!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-24, 11:55 am

HULL CITY face competition for Ahmed Elmohamady’s signature, if they want to land the Sunderland winger in a £2million deal.

The Echo understands newly-promoted Hull have opened talks with Sunderland over signing Elmohamady after the Egyptian enjoyed a hugely successful loan spell at the KC Stadium this season.

A clause was inserted into the loan to convert the deal into a £2m permanent move, if Steve Bruce’s side managed to achieve promotion, and Hull are hopeful of keeping Elmohamady for their return to the Premier League.

But Hull are a long way from agreeing personal terms with Elmohamady, who could still feasibly return to Sunderland after a change in the Black Cats dug-out.

Hull’s inability to strike a deal has alerted other suitors to the possibility of landing the 25-year-old during the summer.

Two clubs, one in the Premier League and the other in the Championship, are understood to be keen on gazumping Hull to his signature.

While the Tigers remain favourites to sign Elmohamady, particularly as the winger has enjoyed working again under ex-Black Cats boss Bruce, his form in winning Hull’s Player of the Season accolade en route to promotion from the Championship, has not gone unnoticed.

Sunderland are unlikely to block Elmohamady’s departure, with just 12 months remaining on his contract at the Stadium of Light after joining the Wearsiders in a £2m permanent deal in the summer of 2011, following a successful loan spell.

The Black Cats would get their money back for offloading Elmohamady, plus remove him completely from the wage bill.

And with Sunderland mindful of the regulations stemming from FIFA Fair Play, plus Premier League clubs regulating themselves to use only £4million of the new TV deal on wages, the club are aware of the need to balance the books.

But Di Canio’s appointment as Sunderland’s new head coach opens a potential window for Elmohamady to return to Wearside.

It was Martin O’Neill who sanctioned Elmohamady’s season-long loan switch - albeit he returned to Sunderland for a fortnight in January - and Di Canio has had no opportunity to gauge Elmohamady’s ability or indicate a preference for his future with the wideman’s camp.

Elmohamady is currently on international duty with Egypt ahead of World Cup qualifiers against Zimbabwe and Mozambique next month, with his domestic future expected to be resolved after those crunch games.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-24, 2:42 pm

ROVERTSAFC wrote:Hopefully this may come off Cardiff interested in taking Danny Graham,price 3.5-4 million.

Please be true..

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-25, 10:49 am

Auxerre midfielder George Mandjeck says it would be a dream come true to play Premier League football.The Cameroon international has been linked with a move to Paolo Di Canio's Sunderland after impressing in his debut season with the French Ligue 2 club.Several reports had suggested that the 24-year old had been in talks with two German clubs already, but Mandjeck says that England's top-flight is his first choice."I love English football and my dream is to play in the Premier League, which for me is the best league in the world even though the German league is closing the gap," he told Sky Sports.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2013-05-25, 12:01 pm

This story from this mornings Journal says we have begun contract talks with Mignolet and early indications are that he is happy to stay. that is good news I feel. Contract talks with Mignolet

This article also talks about other potential ins and outs but nothing we haven't heard about already.

My goodness it is boring already with no footie on a Saturday (apart from some German cup final tonight! Laughing)
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-26, 5:12 am

CELTIC look set to revive their interest in Sunderland winger James McClean.

The £2million-rated Republic of Ireland international, 24, is believed to be one of the players new manager Paolo Di Canio is willing to let go.

McClean was a target for Bhoys boss Neil Lennon two years ago.

But the Celtic chief missed out as McClean moved to Sunderland from Derry City in a £350,000 deal in August 2011.

And Lennon may tempt Di Canio with an offer for Celtic fan McClean, who has a contract at the Stadium of Light until the summer of 2015.

Meanwhile, Hull boss Steve Bruce could make a move for Sunderland’s Phil Bardsley after Di Canio said he would not play for the club again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-05-26, 6:24 am

commachio wrote:CELTIC look set to revive their interest in Sunderland winger James McClean.

The £2million-rated Republic of Ireland international, 24, is believed to be one of the players new manager Paolo Di Canio is willing to let go.

McClean was a target for Bhoys boss Neil Lennon two years ago.

But the Celtic chief missed out as McClean moved to Sunderland from Derry City in a £350,000 deal in August 2011.

And Lennon may tempt Di Canio with an offer for Celtic fan McClean, who has a contract at the Stadium of Light until the summer of 2015.

Meanwhile, Hull boss Steve Bruce could make a move for Sunderland’s Phil Bardsley after Di Canio said he would not play for the club again.
I guess he'll fit in really well knowing all the fans love songs

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-26, 12:31 pm

Yes, he'll be happy at Celtic...

For me.. just get rid...

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-26, 8:07 pm

Sunderland's Ahmed Elmohamady is keen to join Hull City on a permanent basis following a successful loan spell.

Elmohamady spent last season on loan at the KC Stadium and helped them win promotion to the Premier League.

Bruce, who signed Elmohamady for Sunderland back in 2010, is looking to make the Egyptian his first signing of the summer as he plans for life back in the top flight.

A number of other sides are thought to be monitoring Elmohamady's situation at Sunderland, but the 25-year-old is keen to play under Bruce.

"I have a great respect for Steve Bruce and he is the coach I want to play for," Elmohamady told The Sun.

"But, at this moment, my future is uncertain."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-26, 10:41 pm

£1m donation will seal the deal... I hope Hull don't want any more ...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-26, 11:21 pm

silvers wrote:£1m donation will seal the deal... I hope Hull don't want any more ...

That was a slinky one, Silvers. Ha!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-27, 9:27 am

cuteybuns wrote:
silvers wrote:£1m donation will seal the deal... I hope Hull don't want any more ...

That was a slinky one, Silvers. Ha!

Slinky Silvers, it does have a ring to it

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-27, 11:38 am

ANDREAS Weimann is expected to decide his Aston Villa future this week and Sunderland will be watching the situation with interest.Paolo Di Canio was particularly impressed with the intelligence, athleticism and eye for goal of the 21-year-old Austrian, who scored in Villa’s 6-1 demolition of Sunderland last month.And while Newcastle and Norwich are believed to be ready to step in if contract talks do not prove successful for a player who is in the last year of his contract at Villa Park, Sunderland are also monitoring the situationSunderland are in the market for top-class strikers at the right price and will keep a watching brief on a player who suits their new policy of buying quality, young players and bringing them on.The Wearsiders have also been linked with an interest in Auxerre’s 19-times capped Cameroon midfielder Georges Mandjeck.The 24-year-old, who started his career with Stuttgart in Germany, joined Auxerre last year after two years with Rennes.Sunderland are at the start of a summer which is expected to bring huge changes in the playing squad and are set to release out-of-contract Titus Bramble and Matt Kilgallon next month while listening to offers for Ahmed Elmohamady and Ji Dong-won who spent last season on loan, as well as out-of-favour Phil Bardsley.Di Canio – led by director of football, Milan-based Roberto di Fanti – is expected to look at the Italian markets this close season, as well as the cash-strapped Portuguese league, where bargains can be had.But he is is also keen to sign young prospects in the English leagues if they can be sourced at the right price.And that includes players like Weimann, who have already proven themselves able to adapt to the challenges faced in the Premier League.Twitter @sunechograeme

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2013-05-27, 12:10 pm

Daily Mirror linking us to Jay Spearing of liverpool (3 million)
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-27, 12:15 pm

ROVERTSAFC wrote:Daily Mirror linking us to Jay Spearing of liverpool (3 million)

We are truley heading in the direction of the ugliest teams ever, plus he's not very good, just ok.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-27, 9:46 pm

SUNDERLAND are believed to have clinched the signing of young Swiss midfielder Cabral, writes Graeme Anderson.

Reports coming out Switzerland suggest the 24-year-old - who has been a key figure for leading Swiss Super League side Basel - has agreed a four-year contract with the Black Cats.

Cabral, full name Adilson Tavares Varela, joined Basel from Lausanne in 2007 but has allowed his contract to run down and is now available on a Bosman free transfer.

Should the deal be ratified, the defensive midfielder will become Sunderland’s second signing of the close season with Altricham’s teenage striker Duncan Whatmore agreeing a move to the Stadium of Light last week.

Cabral was born in Cape Verde but has taken up an option to play his international football for Switzerland and has been capped at Swiss U18, U19, U20 and U21 levels.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-27, 11:57 pm

Hmmm, Bosmans eh?

Let's hope they are better quality than those who are being shipped out.

I would expect a couple or three 'biggies' though..

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2013-05-28, 3:28 pm

SAFC linked with Milas Krascic fenerbache winger
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-28, 4:12 pm

ROVERTSAFC wrote:SAFC linked with Milas Krascic fenerbache winger

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2013-05-28, 4:25 pm

ROVERTSAFC wrote:Daily Mirror linking us to Jay Spearing of liverpool (3 million)

No way!!! He is no better than the worst of what we have got ...... paper talk. I would say that list of 'links' with players will be longer than ever this year because they know the PDC revolution is underway and that we are looking for 'Value', so anyone out of contract is game for the hacks!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2013-05-28, 5:02 pm

What about Skrtel from liverpool?
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum