SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Maguire, Watmore & Baldwin
Today at 8:23 pm by Silvers

» Predictions week 28
Today at 8:14 pm by barrowmackem

» It had to be seen to be believed
Today at 8:05 pm by cyprussyd

» did anyone else notice
Today at 6:56 pm by gil t azell

» Sunderland v Gillingham
Today at 6:40 pm by gil t azell

» Credt to Gillingham
Today at 6:25 pm by gil t azell

» I think the penny has dropped At Last
Today at 6:18 pm by gil t azell

» results of week 26 and fixtures for week 27
Today at 5:57 pm by cyprussyd

» Results Week 27
Today at 5:49 pm by gil t azell

» Shamima Begum.
Today at 4:31 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 9:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lets make this a one stop shop for the latest signings, news, gossip, rumours..

Just stick them in here..

Last edited by cyprussyd on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window, who will be leaving?

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 9:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Who will be leaving us?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer thread,completed deals, in & out and rumours

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 9:34 am

The Mig
cyprussyd Today at 7:32 am

The agent of Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet claims there is no substance to reports linking him with a move to Italy.

The Black Cats shot-stopper is one of a number of Belgium internationals currently setting the Premier League alight.After establishing himself as number one at the Stadium of Light, Mignolet has become one of the most consistent performers in the English top flight.His efforts have not gone unnoticed, with transfer speculation building steadily heading into the summer.

The 24-year-old's representative has, however, sought to distance his client from speculation suggesting a switch to Serie A could be on the cards.Kristof Vandersmissen told tuttomercatoweb.com: "Napoli interested in Mignolet? I have also read this news, but personally I have had no contact with Napoli or any other Italian clubs."Simon has a contract for another two years with Sunderland and it's normal that clubs are interested. That is proof that he is doing well."However, I repeat, he has a contract with Sunderland."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 am

Sunderland line up moves after links with Lazio’s Modibo Diakite and Maritimo’s Valentin Roberge
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sunderland In For Croatia Left Back Ivan Strinic

Reported Sunderland Transfer Target Aleksandar Dragovic Hints At England Move

Willy Boly Excited For Potential Sunderland Transfer

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 9:49 am

Charlie Austin Article

Onyekachi Apam Article

Strinic again - Offer rejected earlier this month apparently

Dragovic, Tabanou, Otoo (Realise its the mail and they said we had scouts watching him…even though we dont have any…)

Christian Atsu…apparently Tottenham want him but us and Everton interested

Stophira Sunzu keeps popping up

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on Sat May 18, 2013 10:59 am

El hadj Ba(le havre) according to roker report,also on Ba's twitter account
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Sat May 18, 2013 11:18 am

I'm inclined to think that after the Spurs game we will see an unprecedented number of transfer requests !

I'm all for a disciplined club, but if Paulo is going to be too austere then nobody will want to come here....

I think we might have a problem ...

Perhaps he needs a #2 who has a 'softer' public image.
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 11:30 am

silvers wrote:I'm inclined to think that after the Spurs game we will see an unprecedented number of transfer requests !

I'm all for a disciplined club, but if Paulo is going to be too austere then nobody will want to come here....

And you may be right Silvers but for me, well I will wait a little longer before deciding his methods will not work. The one thing I know is the O'Neill do what you want methods filed miserably.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cuteybuns on Sat May 18, 2013 12:05 pm

silvers wrote:I'm inclined to think that after the Spurs game we will see an unprecedented number of transfer requests !

I think I know what's at the back of Silver's mind here, and I share his worries. I hoped never to see that again in this club. Still we might be wrong - we'll see. Very quickly!

I think Mig will be one of those staying because I read somewhere that Margaret Byrne had helped his girlfriend find a position with a local solicitor's office. When a law student leaves university they have to get x amount of practical experience before they are considered fully qualified. So I think Mig will probably stay here until his girlfriend has done that.

Cattermole will probably have a transfer request in by 5.50 pm on Sunday! There's no way he's going to stick this.
cuteybuns
cuteybuns
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Di Canio talks a lot, has a style of his own but I then look at what he says.

He expects players to work hard.
He lays down high standards.
He wants a winning mentality.

For far to long I have read about pampered footballers, players not caring, players not giving their all, now we have a manager who asks for comittment and we seem all to quick to condem.

Will Cattermole ask to leave? No idea but I have a feeling Di Canio will be the making of him.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 12:20 pm

SUNDERLAND are ready to turn up the heat in their pursuit of Lazio defender Modibo Diakite after securing their Premier League status, according to reports in Italy.

French centre-half Diakite has been linked with a move to Wearside for several weeks, as Sunderland look for cost-effective quality on the Continental market.The 26-year-old is out-of-contract at Lazio in the summer and that has alerted Napoli, Juventus and several Russian clubs to his availability on a Bosman deal.But reports from Serie A suggest Sunderland have identified the 6ft 4in Diakite as a prime target and will look to make progress on the deal over the next week, with the threat of relegation now over.Milan-based agent Roberto De Fanti, expected to be confirmed as Sunderland’s new director of football, has been working on identifying players on the Continent since taking on a consultancy role with the Black Cats.Portugese winger Diogo Viana has been targeted, while French centre-half Valentin Roberge is close to sealing a Bosman move from Portugese outfit Maritimo.While Diakite is another central defender,

Sunderland require several additions in that area, with Matt Kilgallon and Titus Bramble leaving when their contracts expire in the summer and on-loan Kader Mangane returning to parent club Al-Hilal.Diakite has made 83 appearances for Lazio since arriving from fellow Italian outfit Pescara in 2006, where he had come through the club’s ranks.
But he has been unused by the Italian giants this season afoter losing his place through injury and agent Ulisse Savini said earlier this month, how Diakite would be keen on a move to Sunderland.“If they call us, we would be honoured to speak with them,” he said.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Sat May 18, 2013 12:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Di Canio talks a lot, has a style of his own but I then look at what he says.

For far to long I have read about pampered footballers, players not caring, players not giving their all, now we have a manager who asks for comittment and we seem all to quick to condem.

Will Cattermole ask to leave? No idea but I have a feeling Di Canio will be the making of him.

No condemnation from me Syd. Any players not willing to put in the effort and abide by the rules will not be wanted. And that's fine by me.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Sat May 18, 2013 12:43 pm

The off-field ill disciplined Cattermole might have a problem, but I feel PDC's desire for passion and aggression will be right up Cat's street..
The problem we have with Cat's now is not so much his suspensions but that he appears now to be injury - prone..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cuteybuns on Sat May 18, 2013 12:47 pm

I half expect Catts to do exactly what I would do. I'd have faced di Canio and told him I'd booked my holiday flight with the club's permission, and that I would be flying out on Sunday evening no matter what he thought of it. Ask to leave? - I wouldn't even ask.

I don't think that is the way to get more commitment. I can see the sense of saying if you don't perform respectably at 'Spurs, I'll shorten your holiday time - that's fair enough. And the idea that they're already at the Academy and can't be bothered to spend ten minutes on a PR job is frankly disgraceful. I agree with a great deal of what he says but those cancelled flights look like unwarranted fanaticism to me.

I said I wouldn't mind di Canio here within two hours of O'Niell being sacked - but some of what I see is disappointing me - a lot.
cuteybuns
cuteybuns
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 12:50 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Di Canio talks a lot, has a style of his own but I then look at what he says.

No condemnation from me Syd. Any players not willing to put in the effort and abide by the rules will not be wanted. And that's fine by me.

TBH "H" Di Canio may well ruffle feathers and at times may well go too far but, Keane was Mr Moody, came down hard but lacked charisma, Bruce was an all round nice guy and O'Neill Mr professional, all failed in the end.

After the season we have just had passion, commitment nd hard work will do for me. Di Canio may well fail, most do with us but, lets at least give him a chance.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on Sat May 18, 2013 1:58 pm

If a well paid professional footballer cannot accept discipline and knuckle down to do the job he's paid to do I personally don't want to pay my hard earned money to watch him. If that "hard" work includes spending 30 minutes each week signing club shirts etc then so be it, after all they are happy to sign the lucrative contract that includes a PR requirement clause. How hard was Ferguson with his players? We'll probably never know but when you look at the world class players he got rid of, Van Nistlroy for example, it was probably nothing to do with his performance on the pitch but more a serious disciplinary issue. Ferguson did not have players rushing to leave the club.

No matter what job you are in, to do it well requires hard work and discipline, and if Paolo can achieve that commitment from his chosen players using his methods then that is good enough for me. Let's give the man the chance to build a Sunderland team his way. I think one thing is certain, we are embarking on a very interesting ride perhaps full of highs and lows and hopefully with a team that works hard from beginning to end of each game.
lesmac
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Sat May 18, 2013 3:53 pm

This discussion takes me back to my schooldays. Which teachers did you respect the most and work hardest for? The one's that asked a lot of you and demanded your attention and commitment? Or those that let you and your classmates do whatever you wanted?

I think the 'strict schoolmaster' approach of Di Canio is exactly what is needed, although most of us would never accept being treated like immature brats. But we work in the real world, not the fantasy world of professional football, where normal rules don't apply.

It is likely some of the players will rebel against Di Canio's methods, like any kid does when they don't know what is good for them. But those that react badly to the new regime will either settle down or they will be shipped out. That may include Catts, Johnson, McClean, Wickham amongst others, but the ones who already have a mature and professional attitude will get an easier ride; players like Simon Mignolet, John O'Shea and Jack Colback.

Certainly the team can only benefit from everyone being fitter, more focused and generally better prepared next season. I am excited to see if it all works out and (for what it is worth) PDC has my full and unequivocal support in what he is trying to achieve.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 4:33 pm

I think we have to start with Di Canio himself, he is unlike most other premier managers in that he has a heart on sleeve OTT personality, he did as a player and he does as a man.

We read how he will slap Wickham but, does Wickham get upset, annoyed, want out or, doeshe smile and say,"Thats Di Canio", I suspect its a little of the latter.

I see the manager being a firm but fair mnager who kisses as often as he slaps, maybe even more.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 pm

It would appear Bardo is a gonna now. Axed from squad tomorrow.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sat May 18, 2013 10:21 pm

gil t azell wrote:It would appear Bardo is a gonna now. Axed from squad tomorrow.

maybe getting pissed in a casino was a bad idea

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cuteybuns on Sun May 19, 2013 5:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:It would appear Bardo is a gonna now. Axed from squad tomorrow.

maybe getting pissed in a casino was a bad idea

He wasn't pissed though - he turned up for training as per usual within two hours of the photo being taken. Even the Mirror (who published the article) admitted that he'd broken no club rules.
cuteybuns
cuteybuns
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun May 19, 2013 8:10 am

SUNDERLAND boss Paolo Di Canio is ready to raid former club Lazio for Modibo Diakite.The centre-back, 26, is set to join along with Maritimo defender and fellow Frenchman Valentin Roberge, 25, – both players are free agents.Di Canio has also been alerted to Mauro Zarate’s unrest at Lazio. The Argentina forward, 26, who had a loan spell with Birmingham in 2008, is trying to negotiate his release.Portuguese winger Diogo Viana, 23, who plays for Penafiel, is another player on the Black Cats’ radar.Meanwhile, Le Havre’s France Under-20s midfielder El-Hadji Ba, 20, who is now out of contract, claimed on Twitter he is joining Sunderland before deleting the tweet.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Sun May 19, 2013 10:13 am

I think we'll see more players in than out...first bulk up the squad then get rid of the ones who aren't good enough or rebel against discipline...which players go or stay I believe Di Canio will already have a rough idea
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 am

SAFC are a business.

We need players in regardless, to shake things up.

I would expect several big earners (long servers) will be moved on to make room...

It will be a REVOLUTION !

Very Happy
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  commachio on Sun May 19, 2013 11:43 am

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Di Canio close to leaving Sunderland. And the black cats think of ...

The adventure of Paolo Di Canio on the bench for Sunderland could soon end. The coach, the former Swindon Town, his first experience in the top flight of the English league is seriously considering whether to abandon the project recently married. The reason? Another club, always the Premier Lague, he would in fact contacted by strongly shaken his position. And in this regard the leadership of the club would have already thought about his replacement: Paulo Sousa was contacted, former coach among other Swansea and Videoton.

commachio
commachio
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.slyoung-construction.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next