SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
steve - Steve Bruce EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
steve - Steve Bruce EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
steve - Steve Bruce EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
steve - Steve Bruce Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
steve - Steve Bruce Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
steve - Steve Bruce Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
steve - Steve Bruce Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
steve - Steve Bruce Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
steve - Steve Bruce Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
steve - Steve Bruce Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

Steve Bruce

Go down

steve - Steve Bruce Empty Steve Bruce

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 10:33 am

Became manager 4 years ago today..

Shame how it ended, for a while i actually thought he would make it work.

Highlight...Chelsea 0-3 Sunderland

Back to top Go down

steve - Steve Bruce Empty Re: Steve Bruce

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-03, 10:36 am

This ill shock and suprise many but,

I like Brucey

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 11:13 am

Nothing about him to really dislike, a big fattish man, nothing wrong with that is there Syd!!! It was just he lost the plot at Sunderland and it looked as if yet again we were relegation bound as we could not scrape together any wins, down to the fact he brought in some good forwards, they left and no replacements were on hand, MoN stepped in and IMHO saved us.

OK so he was a Geordie, so is half of Sunderland's fan base, I was born in Gateshead and lived in Hebburn/Jarrow.. but managers live and die by the number of wins their team get. It will be the same for PDC, all this good sound reorganisation and new disciple regime means diddly squat if we do not win games.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 11:22 am

sunderpitt wrote:Nothing about him to really dislike, a big fattish man, nothing wrong with that is there Syd!!! It was just he lost the plot at Sunderland and it looked as if yet again we were relegation bound as we could not scrape together any wins, down to the fact he brought in some good forwards, they left and no replacements were on hand, MoN stepped in and IMHO saved us.

OK so he was a Geordie, so is half of Sunderland's fan base, I was born in Gateshead and lived in Hebburn/Jarrow.. but managers live and die by the number of wins their team get. It will be the same for PDC, all this good sound reorganisation and new disciple regime means diddly squat if we do not win games.

29 wins in 98 matches...not that good really.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 11:24 am

commachio wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Nothing about him to really dislike, a big fattish man, nothing wrong with that is there Syd!!! It was just he lost the plot at Sunderland and it looked as if yet again we were relegation bound as we could not scrape together any wins, down to the fact he brought in some good forwards, they left and no replacements were on hand, MoN stepped in and IMHO saved us.

Just out of interest do you kow how many losses?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 11:29 am

Siddall wrote:
commachio wrote:

Just out of interest do you kow how many losses?

41 mate. win ratio of 29.5%

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 12:09 pm

Roughly 46pts per season, would have seen us in 9th this year...

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-06-03, 12:14 pm

I read this, logged off, thought about it, logged back on and decided, sod it, lets bi

This is the bit Sunders..

big fattish man, nothing wrong with that is there Syd!!

Nothing wrong with it but everything wrong with mentioning it. I read lots about his size, but whats it got to do with anyone. Oh yes, he is a professional football manager, so!

When Bruce was a professional footballer he was fit, and before I hear how he was never that fit, never that good, he did captain Man U and I would suggest that makes him a lot fitter and better than most.

Now he enjoys his food and a pint or 2, what a crime.

Bruce did well for us then it started to go wrong, his results suggest he stayed around longer than he should have done and we, the fans, have every right to be critical of that.

I never wanted or rated O'Neill but never joined in with the 4 eyes, Irish, bald comments.

I like Di Canio and if results go against him will be critical, I was over his team selection with Mcclean on the right and Colback left. But I will never sink to his political beliefs, Italian birth or thinning hairline, they are irrelevant.

His political belifs do have a relevance to the image of the club, thats a fair debating point but not to his performance has manager on a Saturday afternoon.

I like you Sunders and enjoy reading your comments, however, min this case I simply think you are wrong.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 12:16 pm

Siddall wrote:Roughly 46pts per season, would have seen us in 9th this year...

Yep, and would have been very happy with that.

Most have a breaking point when you lose faith in a manger, i know when mine was, can you remember yours?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-06-03, 12:32 pm

With hindsight - something that we would never pin down with either Bruce or O'Neill - the club seems to have been amateurish. Fitness regimes, discipline, attiutide. We knew we had hangers-on - players not up to it that we couldn't shift. We knew some players were not staying - Cana, Bent, Gyan etc.
On paper we kept looking good, the AoL seemed sound, the scouting seemed to be progressing but we stood still. I don't blame either manager. The job was too big - on and off the field. To be honest, I think we wasted the talents of two good managers. If only our house had been in better order - to accomodate them...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum