SunderMad
Hello and welcome to SunderMad a forum with banter how it used to be.

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Sports-SAFC Feed
Premier Table

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Premier fixtures

English League live scores provided by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
»  TO BE BRITISH
Today at 8:00 am by cyprussyd

» QUIZ 9
Today at 7:46 am by oldblackcat

» Predictions - Week 3
Today at 6:50 am by oldblackcat

» How is your bum for squeaks?
Today at 6:13 am by cyprussyd

» Word association thread. No 23
Today at 6:00 am by canary-dave

» Name Him. (Not Football)
Today at 12:30 am by PooleMackem

» Transfer : Sebastian Coates
Today at 12:14 am by kickasskev

» Name the TV series/Film
Today at 12:07 am by PooleMackem

» THE LESMAC MATCH DAY THREAD QPR V SUNDERLAND
Yesterday at 10:52 pm by Nostalgic

» QPR 18th minute tomorrow
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by Visitor QPR

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, Siddall

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Airshow at Seaburn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Airshow at Seaburn

Post  commachio on Thu May 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Anyone go to this event?

Sounds like this years could be a cracker wih some of those old planes.

SOME of the world’s most iconic planes will launch this year’s Sunderland Airshow.

The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight – featuring the Lancaster bomber, Spitfire and Hurricane fighters – will form part of a spectacular display for seafront crowds on the Friday evening, ahead of the main weekend flying programme.

The Red Arrows are planning a full display for the first time on the Friday launch event – July 26 – which will feature the SWIP Twister Display Team, complete with airborne pyrotechnics and a spectacular firework display at 10pm.

On the ground, there will be live music at Cliffe Park, including performances from the Royal Marines Band Scotland and Take That tribute band Re-Take That.

“We are looking forward to a great time,” said Chris Alexander, chief operating officer, of Sunderland Live, which is running the airshow for Sunderland Council.

“This year we will have exhibitors, catering concessions and fairground rides available from Friday teatime and throughout the weekend.

“We are also relaying the music right along the seafront so everyone can pick their favourite place to watch the evening display, whether it is near the stage at Cliffe Park or further along the promenade with a great view of some spectacular flying.

“It will also be a good time to buy your souvenir programme with details of the flying display, to help you get the most from the weekend.”

Councillor John Kelly, cabinet member for culture, said: “The fun on the Friday night event is a great start to the weekend’s flying programme and all the other many attractions on the ground along the seafront.”

He added: “This year’s launch again has something for everyone.

“With a mix of traditional and current music, the flying and fireworks, I’m sure that I’m not the only one that’s looking forward to a great evening’s entertainment.”

Gig headliners Re-Take That are mostly Wearsiders. Paul Waite, who takes the role of Gary Barlow, said: “It’s going to be a real privilege to be in front of our home crowd, performing at such a fantastic event.”

Park and ride will be available on Friday evening from the Stadium of Light to the Bungalow Café, for £2 per person.

Buses will run from 4pm. The last will leave the Bungalow Café at 11pm.

There will be a road closure in place throughout the event, from the Marriott roundabout to Bungalow Café, starting from 3pm on the Friday.

Souvenir programmes will be on sale at the same price as last year, £5 each.

commachio
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.slyoung-construction.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Airshow at Seaburn

Post  Bumblebore on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 am

Never been for about 12 years. I just remember it being such a bloody chore to get to the seafront and then back out again. Puts me right off which is a shame cos I love a good airshow.

Last one i was at was the warbirds one at duxford a few years back. Brilliant and it probably took just as long to drive to cambridgeshire as it did to get out of seaburn last time i was there!

Bumblebore
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Re: Airshow at Seaburn

Post  MrRAWhite on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:11 pm

If I'm off work I will most certainly be there..They usually have a canny band lined up on the Friday night before the airshow which is free, so I try to get to that as well.

MrRAWhite
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum