SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Wetherspoons and Macdonalds
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs EmptyYesterday at 9:53 pm by Steve30000

» Not what we need right now
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs EmptyYesterday at 4:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Hope is all we have
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs EmptyYesterday at 9:21 am by wanderer

» Expert panel to assess face mask use by public
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty2020-04-03, 12:10 am by Steve30000

» Italy extends emergency measures nationwide
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty2020-04-02, 8:11 pm by Nostalgic

» Vulnerabilities !
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty2020-04-02, 1:00 pm by cyprussyd

» It would get my vote
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty2020-04-02, 5:20 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Boris Johnson to send us letters
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty2020-04-01, 11:45 am by Sid MCFC

» Think about this before you reply
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty2020-04-01, 11:36 am by canary-dave

» Dave health update
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty2020-04-01, 1:19 am by canary-dave

The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs

Go down

The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2013-05-02, 8:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Di Canio to begin Sunderland rebuilding job with Roberge signing

May 2, 2013 7:01:00 AM

The Italian has made an encouraging start to life on Wearside and is already making plans for the summer with the Maritimo defender set to sign on a free transfer
EXCLUSIVE
By Duncan Castles

Paolo Di Canio has initiated his planned overhaul of Sunderland's playing resources by setting up a close-season transfer of Maritimo centre-back Valentin Roberge.

The 25-year-old has agreed to move to the Premier League side under freedom of contract when his current deal with the Portuguese club expires at the end of the season.

TRANSFER TALK
11/10Sunderland are 11/10 with Coral to finish above Newcastle
Fast over the ground and comfortable carrying the ball out of defence, Roberge has spent three seasons in Portugal's Primeira Liga with Maritimo as a first-choice centre-back.

The defender spent his teenage years with Guingamp and Paris Saint-Germain before a two-season spell in Greece with Aris, yet is relatively unknown in his native country.

Controversially employed as a replacement for Martin O'Neill, Di Canio has eased Sunderland's relegation concerns by winning two of his four Premier League fixtures since his appointment on March 31.

With three fixtures remaining, his new club holds a five-point lead over 18th-placed Wigan and a substantial goal-difference advantage over Aston Villa and Newcastle.

As a condition of taking over at Sunderland, the Italian sought, and was granted, full control over the club's senior player recruitment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs

Post  Guest on 2013-05-02, 10:18 am

Valentin Roberge – Current Season Statistics
League Team Games Goals Assists YC RC
........ Maritimo.. 25 ..... 1........ 0.... 11....1

Makes Catts look like an angel.

Back to top Go down

The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-02, 12:33 pm

He is foreign so he must be good, looksnlike Mangane will be packing his bags and off home

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2013-05-02, 2:48 pm

Pace and football technique apparantly!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-02, 3:38 pm

I am worried that talking about transfers will jinx us..let's get three more points first.

Which ever league we end up in we need another good striker and yes after Monday nights display Carlos has to be replaced.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-02, 3:44 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I am worried that talking about transfers will jinx us..let's get three more points first.

Which ever league we end up in we need another good striker and yes after Monday nights display Carlos has to be replaced.

Will you stop worrying, we are not going down, Monday night will sort it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-02, 6:52 pm

Just what we need, a injury prone defender...

Rennes defender Onyekachi Apam admits he dreams a making the move to the Premier League in the summer.Premier League trio Everton, West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland have all been linked with the Nigeria international in the past.The 26-year-old has played all of his club football in France, first with Nice before moving to Rennes in the summer of 2010.A serious knee injury meant he made just one appearance in his first 18 months at the Route de Lorient and made just 13 outings in total last season.Injuries have again restricted him to just nine appearances so far this campaign, with his latest setback a niggling ankle injury.Despite his fitness worries Apam, who has seven international caps, is hopeful of returning to action before the end of the season and has already set his sights on securing a move to England."I am injured at the moment but hopefully I can play the next three games," he said. "I have always dreamt of playing in England and testing myself against the best strikers in the world."Hopefully I will get that chance in the summer."Rennes is a great club, they had so many injuries this year but they will be fine next season with or without me.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-02, 9:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I am worried that talking about transfers will jinx us..let's get three more points first.

Will you stop worrying, we are not going down, Monday night will sort it.

The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Frantic1_zps7bf17c4d

I remain concerned....
Perhaps a couple of pints tomorrow might brighten my mood ...
The Summer Transfer Window Thread--Inns and Outs Happy0180

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-03, 5:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:Just what we need, a injury prone defender...

Rennes defender Onyekachi Apam admits he dreams a making the move to the Premier League in the summer.Premier League trio Everton, West Bromwich Albion and Sunderland have all been linked with the Nigeria international in the past.The 26-year-old has played all of his club football in France, first with Nice before moving to Rennes in the summer of 2010.A serious knee injury meant he made just one appearance in his first 18 months at the Route de Lorient and made just 13 outings in total last season.Injuries have again restricted him to just nine appearances so far this campaign, with his latest setback a niggling ankle injury.Despite his fitness worries Apam, who has seven international caps, is hopeful of returning to action before the end of the season and has already set his sights on securing a move to England."I am injured at the moment but hopefully I can play the next three games," he said. "I have always dreamt of playing in England and testing myself against the best strikers in the world."Hopefully I will get that chance in the summer."Rennes is a great club, they had so many injuries this year but they will be fine next season with or without me.

This one sounds like another Angeleri waiting to happen to me. Or at best, another Mensah.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-03, 5:43 am

With rumours of PDC's rigorous training regime, i don't think injury prone players are going to fare to well.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-07, 1:24 pm

Basel's highly-rated centre-back Aleksandar Dragovic his hinted at a move to the Premier League.The 22-year-old Austrian has caught the eye of both Everton and Southampton, who are reportedly tracking his progress as they look to bolster their defensive cover for next season.Dragovic wants to follow in the footsteps of fellow countryman and international team-mate Andi Weimann who has enjoyed a successful spell at Aston Villa."I regular speak to Andreas, who has told me a lot about how much he enjoys playing in England," Dragovic told The Sun."Its competition at the highest level, which is what I'm looking for."The fans are fantastic, and the clubs command a lot of respect around the world."Basel are well aware of the interest shown in Dragovic but have stated that teams from England 'face a tough fight' for his signature, according to sporting director Georg Heitz.Arsenal and Sunderland are also said to be keeping a close eye on his situation.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-07, 1:56 pm

If we can scrape a win against Southampton ( what is their nickname, seagulls?) then I will talk transfer targets..notwithstanding what I have just said... a striker and creative midfielder have to be top of the list

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-07, 1:58 pm

sunderpitt wrote:If we can scrape a win against Southampton ( what is their nickname, seagulls?) then I will talk transfer targets..notwithstanding what I have just said... a striker and creative midfielder have to be top of the list

Not seagulls, they are "The Mary's"

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-07, 2:27 pm

Southampton were always 'The Saints'.

Had a halo as part of their icon ..

Very Happy

ps Brighton are the seagulls

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-05-07, 3:11 pm

Black Cats knocked back after audacious bid.

Sunderland had an amazing bid for £50 million rated Napoli star Edinson Cavani turnd down, according to The Express.

The club’s new director of football, Roberto De Fanti, had targeted the Uruguayan hitman as a top target and tried to lure him to the Stadium of Light after Paolo Di Canio had ordered a shake up of the club’s scouting network following the sacking of chief scout Bryan ‘pop’ Robson.

Chairman Ellis Short has stated that he will back Di Canio with cash in the transfer market this summer to ensure the club avoid a repeat of this season and steer clear of the drop zone.

However, the negotiations were ended quickly by the player’s agent when they were told that Cavani had no interest in joining Sunderland and had much more appealing offers on the table should he decide to move on.

Both Manchester City and PSG are said to be in the driving seat to land Serie A’s top scorer with City reportedly offering Edin Dzeko in part exchange.

It was thought that PSG had agreed a deal to sign him two weeks ago, but that rumour was quickly put to be by the club

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-07, 3:17 pm

BobbyKerrsTache wrote:
Black Cats knocked back after audacious bid.

Sunderland had an amazing bid for £50 million rated Napoli star Edinson Cavani turnd down, according to The Express.

The club’s new director of football, Roberto De Fanti, had targeted the Uruguayan hitman as a top target and tried to lure him to the Stadium of Light after Paolo Di Canio had ordered a shake up of the club’s scouting network following the sacking of chief scout Bryan ‘pop’ Robson.

Chairman Ellis Short has stated that he will back Di Canio with cash in the transfer market this summer to ensure the club avoid a repeat of this season and steer clear of the drop zone.

However, the negotiations were ended quickly by the player’s agent when they were told that Cavani had no interest in joining Sunderland and had much more appealing offers on the table should he decide to move on.

Both Manchester City and PSG are said to be in the driving seat to land Serie A’s top scorer with City reportedly offering Edin Dzeko in part exchange.

It was thought that PSG had agreed a deal to sign him two weeks ago, but that rumour was quickly put to be by the club

I'm all for ambition but this just makes us a laughing stock, if true

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-09, 6:37 pm

Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio insists that he is not even thinking about transfer targets for this summer, despite being linked with a host of names.

With two games remaining the Black Cats have yet to secure their Premier League status, but that has not stopped speculation.The club have also parted company with chief scout Bryan 'Pop' Robson ahead of installing someone to work with Di Canio.Lazio defender Modibo Diakite, Maritimo stopper Valentin Roberge and Barcelona's Sergi Gomez are amongst the names to have been linked with the Wearside outfit in recent weeks.

But Di Canio insisted: "I haven't thought about transfers yet - absolutely nothing."Everything can change at the moment, you can feel safe and then - boom - you can be hit like a hammer."So we have to make sure that we are safe first - I can't think about transfers until then."

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2013-05-10, 2:31 pm

Is this a one that PDC knows nothing about? Is it just a fairytale? Question
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-10, 2:33 pm

Mackemneil wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is this a one that PDC knows nothing about? Is it just a fairytale? Question

Very first post on this thread

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-11, 1:09 pm

Stoke City and Sunderland are battling for Croatian international left-back Ivan Strinic, according to his agent.The 25-year-old is currently with Ukrainian outfit Dnipro - but is being tipped to leave this summer.Italian champions Juventus are being strongly linked, but the player's agent admits that at the moment it is Stoke and Sunderland leading the race."I read in newspapers that Juventus want Strinic but the truth is that nobody from that club talked with me about it," his agent Tonci Martic told 24sata."Some time ago we did but not only about Strinic. For now the most interested clubs come from the Premier League in England."Dnipro wants €9million, Stoke City and Sunderland offers little less than that though at the moment."Martic stated earlier this month that Sunderland's offer had been rejected by Dnipro.Transfer

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-05-12, 6:00 am

After recently being linked with Bosman moves for Modibo Diakite and Valentin Roberge, Sunderland have now been linked with another out-of-contract player, Penafiel's Diogo Viana.The Gazzetta Dello Sport claimed earlier in the week that the player had already agreed to move to Sunderland, as long as the North East club avoided relegation, with Bologna and Palermo cheering against Sunderland due to their interest in the Penafeil winger.In an interview with transfermarketweb.com(TMW), an agent claiming to represent Viana claimed;We are weighing up a few choices, anything might happen. Diogo's has a playing style similar to Simao and Quaresma, but he's more mild-tempered than the latter. I'm currently in Germany, in order to evaluate local opportunities, while Blackburn Rovers are keen on him. At the time no offer came from Italy. But playing for Bologna in Serie A would be great. We are even ready to weigh up an offer coming from a relegated Palermo.Viana was quick to deny those reports, with the player himself issuing a statement to TMW denying that Paulo Rodrigues was his agent and playing down interest in him from Blackburn, Palermo and Bologna;I respect the immense Palermo, Bologna and Blackburn, but I've have not received any contact from them. Anzhi is the only club that have showed serious interest, but it's still to be determined.Despite the player himself not mentioning Sunderland, a report in the respected Portuguese newspaper Record today claimed the player is indeed in the process of a move to Paolo Di Canio's side. A move that, if successful, would be completed at the end of the season.Diogo Viana is a 23-year-old former Portugal under-21 winger, who started his career at Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon before signing for Porto as a makeweight in a deal that took former Spurs striker Helder Postiga in the opposite direction.Viana failed to make the breakthrough at Porto and, despite a couple of short Cup appearances and relatively successful loan spells at Eredivise side VVV-Venlo and C.D.Aves of the Spanish Segunda Division, joined Segunda Liga side Penafiel in 2011.The skilful winger has made 57 appearances for Penafiel, with 29 of them coming this season and despite only finding the back of the net on four occasions is believed to have had a very good season.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum