SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland Given Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Gillingham Clash
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club EmptyYesterday at 3:26 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 17
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club EmptyYesterday at 1:09 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Political debates
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club EmptyYesterday at 9:30 am by wanderer

» our current crop
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club EmptyYesterday at 7:25 am by wanderer

» Would never have guessed
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty2019-12-04, 12:17 pm by wanderer

» RESULTS OF WEEK 14 AND FIXTURES FOR MIDWEEK 15
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty2019-12-03, 6:48 pm by Hieronymus

» Posting
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty2019-12-03, 6:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Amazon to arrive to the premiership
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty2019-12-03, 6:36 pm by Hieronymus

» RESULTS OF WEEK 14 AND FIXTURES FOR MIDWEEK 15
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty2019-12-03, 5:00 pm by Mackemneil

» Play offs at best it looks like
club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty2019-12-03, 3:41 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 4:15 pm

Club statement regarding Paolo Di Canio: http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2013/april/club-statement
After reading this statement whilst I still hold reservations about passed political views but you have to take into account the fact he has made such a statement. Whilst I am still vehemently anti fascist I will give him the benefit of the doubt and withdraw my comments about him until proven otherwise

Back to top Go down

club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty Re: Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club

Post  gil t azell on 2013-04-01, 4:23 pm

Like I said in another one of your posts Froggy I just want all of us fans to get behind him.

To be honest if he keeps us up everybody will say well done but like yourself I would have preferred someone else.
I think he will have to be a lot more careful now he's in the big time. Lets hope so.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

club - Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club Empty Re: Statement about Paolo Di Canio from the Club

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 4:40 pm

Context is everything. Italy has swung from facism and communism and back several times. Voting for such extremes is not unusual in Italian politics.
However, the only good fascist is a dead facist still holds true...

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-04-01, 4:42 pm

When I was young I proudly wore a CND badge.

In my time I have been swayed by many political views.

I would hate to think that the me today is judged on some of my views all those years ago, we grow, we get experience and we change, thats life.

Like the manager and the club I am bored of it all now, we sit one point above the drop and thats my focus.

Di Canio like many before will be judged on the future, not the past.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 4:45 pm

Siddall wrote:Context is everything. Italy has swung from facism and communism and back several times. Voting for such extremes is not unusual in Italian politics.
However, the only good fascist is a dead facist still holds true...
Still holds true mate but I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, so Di Canio has that with that statement!

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2013-04-01, 4:53 pm

Bring on Chelsea
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-04-01, 5:16 pm

vincemac wrote:Bring on Chelsea

thumb

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 7:29 pm

So bringing up his past now,is insulting to both him and the club.Not trying to sweep it under the carpet are you Mrs Byrne ?
Is Paulo Di Canio the most misunderstood,mis-quoted,misrepresented individual since Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler. Best not bring up their pasts in case we insult them and their family.What a load of tosh.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-04-01, 7:51 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:So bringing up his past now,is insulting to both him and the club.Not trying to sweep it under the carpet are you Mrs Byrne ?
Is Paulo Di Canio the most misunderstood,mis-quoted,misrepresented individual since Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler. Best not bring up their pasts in case we insult them and their family.What a load of tosh.

Are you a fan at all, its becoming very, very boring

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 7:53 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:So bringing up his past now,is insulting to both him and the club.Not trying to sweep it under the carpet are you Mrs Byrne ?

Sorry luv, but as you never answer any questions which don't suit, hope you enjoy your easter love eggs...

Happy Easter..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 7:57 pm

I'm sorry you find the topic of fascism boring.Some topics are best left alone eh.Especially when they concern SAFC.Lets sweep it al under the carpeet and move on.Lets blame a media frenzy for bringing up Di Canios fascist past.` Im a fascist not a racist' said Di Canio.Probably paper talk.Best move on.Now where did i put that brush.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:03 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:I'm sorry you find the topic of fascism boring.Some topics are best left alone eh.Especially when they concern SAFC.Lets sweep it al under the carpeet and move on.Lets blame a media frenzy for bringing up Di Canios fascist past.` Im a fascist not a racist' said Di Canio.Probably paper talk.Best move on.Now where did i put that brush.

If you dont like him and you arnt gonna support him then JOG ON!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:04 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:I'm sorry you find the topic of fascism boring.Some topics are best left alone eh.Especially when they concern SAFC.Lets sweep it al under the carpeet and move on.Lets blame a media frenzy for bringing up Di Canios fascist past.` Im a fascist not a racist' said Di Canio.Probably paper talk.Best move on.Now where did i put that brush.

Aye, gan and sit down woman and rest your old weary knees and fingers...

How about putting your feet up and read a book on the real world,, after all that's all you know, what you read and hear, without actually living the life...

It's a big wide world there outside of your doorstep.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:07 pm

JOG ON. Oh you footy hooligan.You really as hard as you sound.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:07 pm

Read the statement properly he said he's left that part of his life behind and IMO he deserves a second chance people can change!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:10 pm

Mengele did.Eichmann did.Mussolini would have,if they hadn't hung him from a lamp post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:10 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:JOG ON. Oh you footy hooligan.You really as hard as you sound.

Sometimes, especially in the mornings, but i find looking at an old washer woman soon dampens my spirits

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:13 pm

I wonder what your views would have been if he had replaced Pardew.Just the same i hear you say.Aye.Thats right.The usual new manager love-in has started.Suddenly,he's the best manager since sliced bread.He shouldn't be near the sol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-01, 8:16 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:I wonder what your views would have been if he had replaced Pardew.Just the same i hear you say.Aye.Thats right.The usual new manager love-in has started.Suddenly,he's the best manager since sliced bread.He shouldn't be near the sol.

Let's get it correct luv, i was not in favour of MoN from the start, but accepted him and supported him, more than you seem to be doing with the new manager..

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-04-01, 8:16 pm

sayingitthewayitis wrote:I wonder what your views would have been if he had replaced Pardew.Just the same i hear you say.Aye.Thats right.The usual new manager love-in has started.Suddenly,he's the best manager since sliced bread.He shouldn't be near the sol.

We love Di Canio, we love Di Canio, join in now

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-02, 1:01 am

I think that, as supporters, we need to give him a chance.
I trust the Ethics of SAFC. They will not countenance any unacceptable behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-02, 8:48 am

In 2005,he came out and admitted he was a fascist.We have a manager who is a fascist.FACT.If you are happy to accept that,give your head a shake.300 or so people lost their lives through bombing in Sunderland during WW2 by the fascist regime of Hitler.if you want to `get into bed' with a fascist,don't wear your poppy on or around 11th November.Results do not come before everything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-02, 8:56 am

sayingitthewayitis wrote:In 2005,he came out and admitted he was a fascist.We have a manager who is a fascist.FACT.If you are happy to accept that,give your head a shake.300 or so people lost their lives through bombing in Sunderland during WW2 by the fascist regime of Hitler.if you want to `get into bed' with a fascist,don't wear your poppy on or around 11th November.Results do not come before everything.

So i take it that you will never set foot inside the SOL whilst he's manager then?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-04-02, 9:31 am

sayingitthewayitis wrote:In 2005,he came out and admitted he was a fascist.We have a manager who is a fascist.FACT.If you are happy to accept that,give your head a shake.300 or so people lost their lives through bombing in Sunderland during WW2 by the fascist regime of Hitler.if you want to `get into bed' with a fascist,don't wear your poppy on or around 11th November.Results do not come before everything.
Am an Ardent anti fascist but also believe people deserve a second chance and all though I still have reservation I believe that his statement issued from the club says that is in the past so do we give people a second chance or do we continue to hate for past crimes in which case we become as bad as those we protest against!

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2013-04-02, 9:50 am

This sayingitthewayitis character has to the best of my knowledge never had a positive thing to say about SAFC, which makes me think that he doesn't have our best interests at heart...Or in other words, a filthy scumbag Mag...

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum