SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Lee Cattermole
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Charlton v Sunderland
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be EmptyYesterday at 8:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be

Go down

Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be

Post  Guest on 2013-03-28, 12:17 pm

I played a few games with Nick Sharkey.Probably early 70s.Stocky but he could ping a ball mind.I also played against Barry Dunn when he played for Langley Park Kings Head ( i think ) on a Sunday morning when they won the all England Sunday Cup.

Back to top Go down

Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty Re: Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be

Post  Mackemneil on 2013-03-28, 11:56 pm

Played 5-a-side with Nicky Sharkey and Cec Irwin; coached a couple of times at school by Len Ashurst and played against Ritchie Pitt after he retired from pro football through injury, I was a centre forward so was up against him all game. .... and played against Wilf Rostron at school and with Norman Bell (Wolves). Paul Power at Leeds Poly.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be Empty Re: Ever played with or against an ex-SAFC player or player to be

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-03-29, 7:24 am

Mackemneil wrote:Played 5-a-side with Nicky Sharkey and Cec Irwin; coached a couple of times at school by Len Ashurst and played against Ritchie Pitt after he retired from pro football through injury, I was a centre forward so was up against him all game. .... and played against Wilf Rostron at school and with Norman Bell (Wolves). Paul Power at Leeds Poly.

Some names in there Neil

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-03-29, 9:30 am

Played 5 aside in goal against Colin West and Nick Pickering in a game in the close season around 1984.
Despite their much vaunted attacking line your truly kept a clean sheet which in a 40 minute game of 5 aside I was pretty happy about anyway.
Colin bought me a pint in the bar afterwards and we had a good chat - I got to know him a little afterwards and he was a great lad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2013-03-30, 12:52 am

Not safc..

But I was at same school in Consett as Keith Dyson (mag to be) .. about 1964 ...

He was 2 years below me, but even then we could not get near him in any 'house' games.. too quick and too strong...

Same school - As I started CGS in 1958 Jack Maltby was leaving....

He was called up for the army (national service) but signed for SAFC, and played under Alan Brown as a 'centre forward' ..
Silvers
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum