SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Charlton v Sunderland..MATCH DAY
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. EmptyToday at 3:19 am by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. EmptyToday at 1:49 am by Nostalgic

» Come back Theresa
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-24, 8:08 pm by canary-dave

» Annette's new diet is working
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-23, 6:00 pm by canary-dave

» London-Breaking News
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-23, 4:51 pm by Sid MCFC

» Stewart Donald, never fails to amaze me.
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-23, 3:06 pm by Kipper

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-22, 10:55 pm by Hieronymus

» New Home Strip
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-22, 10:49 pm by Hieronymus

» New Scotland manager
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-22, 6:38 pm by cyprussyd

» Playoff final, a Charlton view
Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty2019-05-21, 9:50 am by Vincemac

Next Nine games worst/best scenario.

Go down

Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty Next Nine games worst/best scenario.

Post  Guest on 2013-03-14, 8:49 am

Our next nine games will obviously determine whether we are playing in the Premier League again or the Championship. Our next nine games look like this;

Norwich(h) Best 3pts, Worst 1pt, ManUtd(a) 1,0, Chelsea(h) 1,0, Newcastle(a) 1,0, Everton(h) 1,0, Aston Villa(a) 1,0, Stoke(h) 3,1, Soton(h) 3,1, Spurs(a) 1,0.

These are just my personal views on our current form, so at best we may get 15 pts, being very optimistic, however at worst we may get 3 pts.
Remember these are only assumptions, obviously Sunderland may actually surprise us in one or two of these games, a win against the Scum would be very special.

Obviously somewhere inbetween will be the realistic tally. games against Norwich, Stoke and Soton all at home must be targetted as maximum points and anything else eg. draw at Villa away and a point at home to Everton is a bonus.

The problems we face are the teams below us have some very winnable games also, how many they have is critical to our survival.

QPR play Aston Villa(a), Fulham(h), Wigan(h), Everton(a), Stoke(h), Reading(a), Arsenal(h), Newcastle(h), Liverpool(a).

Reading , I think will get relegated.

Wigan play Newcastle(h), Norwich(h), QPR(a), Swansea(h), West Ham(a), Spurs(h), West Brom(a), Arsenal(a), Villa(h).

Villa play QPR(h), Liverpool(h), Stoke(a), Fulham(h), Man Utd(a), Sunderland(h), Norwich(a), Chelsea(h), Wigan(a).

Southampton play Liverpool(h), Chelsea(h), Reading(a), West Ham(h), Swansea(a), West Brom(h), Spurs(a), Sunderland(a), Stoke(h).

To me, QPR have 6 winnable games, Wigan maybe 5 winnable games, Soton 5 winnable games also and finally Villa maybe 5 as well.

My belief is that we have only 3 winnable games, but have a 7 point gap on QPR and Reading, and a 6 point gap on Wigan(one less game).
To be honest we have to hope Villa and Southampton beat the teams below them, to ensure the bottom 3 don't gain any extra points on us.

Obviously a lot of information here, but at the end of the day, if we manage to get 3 points against Norwich, and QPR, Reading and Wigan all lose or draw this week, then we will be in a very strong position to avoid the drop.

That is all.

Back to top Go down

Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty Re: Next Nine games worst/best scenario.

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-03-14, 8:57 am

The key, to me, is that those below us have games against each other so one or both must drop points.

I expect us to stay up, just, but how sad it is that we are here.

Looking at MON's transfer dealings so far I'm simply not convinced it will get any better after the summer window, hope I'm wrong.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Next Nine games worst/best scenario. Empty Re: Next Nine games worst/best scenario.

Post  Guest on 2013-03-14, 9:01 am

Worst scenario we don't get owt else.. affraid

However, i'm still half expecting them to pull out a suprise performance or two, probably when we least expect it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-03-14, 9:38 am

Think we can beat chelski no expects out so there's a chance, as for the others Wins against Norwich, Mags, Villa, Stoke and Saints just being positive mind but think if we play the way ee can 3 points from each of them is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-03-14, 9:43 am

froggy1973 wrote:Think we can beat chelski no expects out so there's a chance, as for the others Wins against Norwich, Mags, Villa, Stoke and Saints just being positive mind but think if we play the way ee can 3 points from each of them is possible.

Will be esctatic with a win against the Mags.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-03-14, 3:08 pm

I have a little suspicion that we can get something at Villa Park. O.k., we'll ship goals - Benteke, Agbonlihor, and/or Bent are all far too good for our defence. But at the other end their defence's confidence looks shot. If you run at them, they fall back rather than getting at you. I just wonder if Johnson and Sessegnon aren't going to have a good day there.

I think we'll scrape through, but only on the strength of our present margin (6 points plus GD). Our form suggests pretty thin pickings to the end of the season. But, a win on Sunday would change everything. We'll see.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-03-14, 3:38 pm

Usually I am quite upbeat about Sunderlands chances of winning games, but I can only really recall that we played well against West Ham this season. We have stuttered and usually fallen on our sword by missing sitters and giving a couple of goals away each game.

The plan that Johnston, McClean with Sess behind Fletcher would be a creative attacking force has never got going. The disappointment I have about the performances of Johnston is huge, I thought he would be better than Sess..I got that wrong! I would put Seb back on the wing, he will not 'fanny about' when putting a cross in, and he is not a midfield player.

Wickham and now Graham have not 'cut the mustard'.

So it is about £23 million, for Wickham, Johnston and Graham and thy are all useless. Alfie runs around a lot but is as yet goalless
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2013-03-14, 5:01 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Usually I am quite upbeat about Sunderlands chances of winning games, but I can only really recall that we played well against West Ham this season. We have stuttered and usually fallen on our sword by missing sitters and giving a couple of goals away each game.

The plan that Johnston, McClean with Sess behind Fletcher would be a creative attacking force has never got going. The disappointment I have about the performances of Johnston is huge, I thought he would be better than Sess..I got that wrong! I would put Seb back on the wing, he will not 'fanny about' when putting a cross in, and he is not a midfield player.

Wickham and now Graham have not 'cut the mustard'.

So it is about £23 million, for Wickham, Johnston and Graham and thy are all useless. Alfie

runs around a lot but is as yet goalless

Agree with bits Sunders but harsh on Graham and Wickham IMO?

I would bring Rose back to LB, cant see Bardo getting in sadly.
Many wont agree but I would putt Colback in CM for some steel and cant see Alfie or Johnson being dropped.

Graham to start, no not looked good so far but for me a combination of a new club, poor team performance and maybe trying to hard, needs a goal.

Wickham was, IMO, looking good before he was shunteed out and needed on bench to bring on second half.

So I see us going.

Mig
Gards..Titus..JOS..Rose
Sess..Alfie..Colback..Johnson
Graham
Fletcher

Westy
Bardo
Larsson
Mengan
Cuella
Wickham
Vaughan

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2013-03-15, 4:01 pm

I don't agree Colback would bring abit of Steel in our midfield, I can't remember the last time I saw him go in with a hard challenge.?

I'd like to see Bardo reinstated at right back to free up Gardner to play back where he belongs in central mid!

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2013-03-15, 4:35 pm

One of the many problems we have had following on from the failure of McC and AJ and Sess behind Fletcher to create and score goals is what plan B is. Alfie does fit the CM role as he is a box to box player ( he needs to chip in with goals, he has had chances but has fluffed them). Fletcher has shown given the chance he will score goals but we have not being creating chances. Goalkeepers must hate playing against us ATM in the cold weather, their hands never het warm. Fletcher is good in the air but as yet he has not scored a headed goal for us. That says all you need to know about the quality and frequency of our crosses.

We are desperate for creativity in the centre of the park, Vaughan our nearest thing to a creative midfielder is deemed not up to scratch by MoN. If and I mean if we survive this season, some buying needs to be done in the summer.
sunderpitt
sunderpitt
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2013-03-16, 9:30 am

Would like to get catts & N'diaye together for a few games. With catts in front of the defence I think N'diaye will improve considerably giving us a better midfield link with our forwards.

Still think 1 more win will be sufficient to maintain our EPL status. I know it would be the lowest ever prem points to stay up but cannot see the bottom 3 teams winning 3 games each to overtake us.

I also expect us to get a lot more than 3 points in the last 9 games.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum