SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Not a good bank hol weather forecast
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:04 am by canary-dave

» Wetherspoons and Macdonalds
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-04, 9:53 pm by Steve30000

» Not what we need right now
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-04, 4:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Hope is all we have
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-04, 9:21 am by wanderer

» Expert panel to assess face mask use by public
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-03, 12:10 am by Steve30000

» Italy extends emergency measures nationwide
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-02, 8:11 pm by Nostalgic

» Vulnerabilities !
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-02, 1:00 pm by cyprussyd

» It would get my vote
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-02, 5:20 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Boris Johnson to send us letters
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-01, 11:45 am by Sid MCFC

» Think about this before you reply
Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty2020-04-01, 11:36 am by canary-dave

Vulnerabilities !

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Vulnerabilities !

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-24, 1:42 pm

Boris has rightly tried to treat us like adults, but the idiots have made it necessary for him to treat us like kids, unfortunately [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hopefully we're alright on here . . . . it would be nice to know that that's the case [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, Mrs. A. went to Asda to get some basics . . . . some food, some bog roll (that we've been unable to buy for a fortnight 'cos of idiots, though we were never desperate) another bottle of gin for her and another bottle of Remy Martin for me (we're definitely drinking more than usual, and I can't see that changing in the near future), and I haven't left the house today apart from standing on the doorstep talking to my neighbour who was tidying up after hoovering our lawn (it's a joint lawn in our semi and we do each others).

I've done a bit of 'puter work 'cos I'm now set up to work from home, and made a few 'phone calls to my clients to reassure them about their investments and the global stock market situation (I'm a Financial Advisor and my forte is investments), I'll be having my bait soon, when Mrs. A. can tear herself away from her 3,000 piece jigsaw and bothers to make a couple of sarnies, then I'll be making more, similar, calls [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We're planning on going for a walk at some point this afternoon, then back in time to see Boris TV, which has become the 'norm' now, then we're in for the night. We have a strict rule that the bar doesn't open until 18:00 (a while ago it used to be 20:00), but sometimes she's impatient [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, that's our day . . . . what's happening in yours ?
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-24, 1:59 pm

Oh, and a reminder from somebody who is undoubtedly doing a fantastic job . . . .[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-24, 2:02 pm

Today its been, take in and put away Iceland delivery.
Feed Mrs S
Get Mrs S back to bed for some sleep
Waiting for delivery of meds

And answering the phone a lot.

Feet appointment cancelled but will be offered home visit(diabetes)
Mrs S hairdresser cancelling visit
Lots of cancellations of hospital appointment's
Defrosting Mince for tonight's dinner
And none stop washing of hands

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-24, 2:08 pm

What will we run out of first . . . . bog roll, soap, food, sanitiser, or patience [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-24, 2:23 pm

Where I live is more rural than urban, so a walk for me is much safer than a city dweller. Seems to me much of the restrictions are based on the big towns and city's. Slightly unfair on us. But if it saves lives so be it.
Still managed about 4 mile today, hope to get in another mile this evening.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-03-24, 3:04 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Boris has rightly tried to treat us like adults, but the idiots have made it necessary for him to treat us like kids, unfortunately [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hopefully we're alright on here . . . . it would be nice to know that that's the case [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, Mrs. A. went to Asda to get some basics . . . . some food, some bog roll (that we've been unable to buy for a fortnight 'cos of idiots, though we were never desperate) another bottle of gin for her and another bottle of Remy Martin for me (we're definitely drinking more than usual, and I can't see that changing in the near future), and I haven't left the house today apart from standing on the doorstep talking to my neighbour who was tidying up after hoovering our lawn (it's a joint lawn in our semi and we do each others).

I've done a bit of 'puter work 'cos I'm now set up to work from home, and made a few 'phone calls to my clients to reassure them about their investments and the global stock market situation (I'm a Financial Advisor and my forte is investments), I'll be having my bait soon, when Mrs. A. can tear herself away from her 3,000 piece jigsaw and bothers to make a couple of sarnies, then I'll be making more, similar, calls [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We're planning on going for a walk at some point this afternoon, then back in time to see Boris TV, which has become the 'norm' now, then we're in for the night. We have a strict rule that the bar doesn't open until 18:00 (a while ago it used to be 20:00), but sometimes she's impatient [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, that's our day . . . . what's happening in yours ?
Well  I have ISA's in Invesco Perpetual and Henderson's, I checked on my Invesco Perpetual ISA the other day and  Shocked Shocked Shocked  Sad . My Henderson ISA as never performed that well, so I've given up on that one!

My brother tells me not to panic? He seems pretty clued all up on it all, having got a 2:1 in Business Economics many many years ago. He's considering upping is ISA in the next week because of the prices, saying it seems silly not to.  Shocked

I just know the basics unfortunately of buying low and selling high that's about my limitations. My ISA's are there for when I reach the official retirement, so 15 years. I think I will need those years for my ISA'S to get back to the growth they were performing at before this pandemic set in.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-24, 3:45 pm

Your brother's right on both counts . . . . you shouldn't panic, and now's a blinking good time to invest ('cos there's a sale on - shares being much cheaper than they were a month ago).

I'll p.m. you to ask about which funds you're invested in if you don't mind (I'll give you a bit of guidance) . . . . and you shouldn't give up on Henderson's Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-03-24, 8:05 pm

I watch various American TV channels over here and according to them the stock exchange is picking up again based on the impending Senate finance virus bill.  Nice to read for those involved - if they survive.  According to Trump he wants everyone back to work by Easter, health experts say no way compared to the economists.  Guess who Trump is listening to.

I go along with the old sayings "There is no pockets in a shroud" or "Here lies the richest man ever buried ".
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-03-25, 2:31 am

We are as well as can be expected in our part of oz. No lockdown here yet but coming. Pubs cafes etc closed. 5 people only at a wedding. 10 at a funeral, not sure if that includes the one in the box.
Can walk to the beach and back. Stay safe.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-03-25, 2:34 am

Have to get permission to leave the country and quarantined if you go to a different state. Police at the borders.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-03-25, 7:17 am

oxfordshire wrote:We are as well as can be expected in our part of oz. No lockdown here yet but coming. Pubs cafes etc closed. 5 people only at a wedding. 10 at a funeral, not sure if that includes the one in the box.
Can walk to the beach and back. Stay safe.
Taking Morrison FAR to long. So that was you at Bondi  Rolling Eyes
Keep safe  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-03-25, 7:26 am

Sweating heaverly, short of breath, red faced, told the wife I think I've caught the virus. All she could do was roll her luscious green eyes and tell me, ya silly old basted, I told you not to do the circuit you used to ten years ago  Embarassed

Ps. Thanks Wanderer

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Vulnerabilities ! - Page 2 Empty Tragic

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-25, 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] › F...
Web results
Female nurse in her 20s 'kills herself at Kings College Hospital London' amid ...
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-03-25, 3:15 pm

So royal blood doesn't protect you, it will be interesting to see how much care and attention he receives, more than an ordinary 71 year old I'll be bound.

Syd and I are 71. Just saying!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-03-25, 3:29 pm

Better safe than sorry,yes, ignorant no. Out for a walk today ( once out of the town centre ) I use remote areas.
Just out of politeness I said hello to 3 people close enough to speak and none of them replied.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-25, 5:39 pm

There are a few that we haven't heard from . . . . are we alright ?

Streets and road are very quiet today, presumably/hopefully 'cos 'we' are taking more notice than we were Wink

Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-25, 6:00 pm

We walked 3 miles 
Missed yesterday 
Just sitting in and trying to stop eating 
Although we are doing ok not over eating but always hungry 
Trying to eat well 
However I fancy a  bottle of beer only one 
And a couple of glasses of wine
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-03-25, 6:48 pm

I didn't have a drink last night, I was sort of proud of myself, and I think that I'm 'entitled' tonight . . . . that's probably the wrong attitude, mind Smile

Easier said than done is what you want/need to do, Vince, especially under current circumstances, but don't give up, marra Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-03-25, 8:38 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I didn't have a drink last night, I was sort of proud of myself, and I think that I'm 'entitled' tonight . . . . that's probably the wrong attitude, mind Smile

Easier said than done is what you want/need to do, Vince, especially under current circumstances, but don't give up, marra Wink
I’m ok mate you also  I hope 
Ohhhh and I never had a drink tonight and will not later early night 
Been good
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-03-26, 2:39 pm

Good to see that many of you are alright and maintaining a sense of humour through the current crisis.

Plenty of jobs to do in my domain and most have been in the garden this week. Fixed and painted the shed and broken fence panels, garden weeding ( the little beggars grow faster than I can shift them), dog walking and trying to fix my bloody computer that has caught the “blue screen crash” ....... google it 😱🥴

Up to when Boris gave us his version of lockdown I was still playing ‘Healthy golf’, keeping 2 metres apart has never been a problem the way we play and the club shut the clubhouse and bar, so very little risk, but that has gone too. It is very frustrating that most of us have made sacrifices and yet the covidiots are still getting away with it. Plus, politicians are still sitting on the fence when it comes to essential workers. The greater risk appears to be getting to and from work rather than work itself. However, IMO building sites should be shut down for a month at least, they do it easily for 2 weeks at Xmas!! All their operatives should continue to be paid and selfies guaranteed too.

I have not stockpiled at all and shop for basics only, got down to our last couple of bog rolls and tried to get some at Aldi ....... empty shelves!!! My friend is one of the managers and he spotted me, “need any loo rolls mate?”, “a small pack would do to get us through the week” he disappeared and returned with a bale of 24. I was lucky to get out of the shop alive !!!!

Stay well and keep safe 😀
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-03-26, 2:45 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Good to see that many of you are alright and maintaining a sense of humour through the current crisis.

Plenty of jobs to do in my domain and most have been in the garden this week. Fixed and painted the shed and broken fence panels, garden weeding ( the little beggars grow faster than I can shift them), dog walking and trying to fix my bloody computer that has caught the “blue screen crash” ....... google it 😱🥴

Up to when Boris gave us his version of lockdown I was still playing ‘Healthy golf’, keeping 2 metres apart has never been a problem the way we play and the club shut the clubhouse and bar, so very little risk, but that has gone too. It is very frustrating that most of us have made sacrifices and yet the covidiots are still getting away with it. Plus, politicians are still sitting on the fence when it comes to essential workers. The greater risk appears to be getting to and from work rather than work itself. However, IMO building sites should be shut down for a month at least, they do it easily for 2 weeks at Xmas!! All their operatives should continue to be paid and selfies guaranteed too.

I have not stockpiled at all and shop for basics only, got down to our last couple of bog rolls and tried to get some at Aldi ....... empty shelves!!! My friend is one of the managers and he spotted me, “need any loo rolls mate?”, “a small pack would do to get us through the week” he disappeared and returned with a bale of 24. I was lucky to get out of the shop alive !!!!

Compared to Bluemoon mods I’ve always thought you are the best mod I’ve ever come across.

Any spare bog rolls?
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-26, 2:47 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Good to see that many of you are alright and maintaining a sense of humour through the current crisis.

Not everyone has met Neil and its always good to put a face to a name
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2020-03-26, 6:46 pm

I have known him - nudge nudge wink wink.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-03-26, 7:41 pm

Nostalgic wrote:I have known him - nudge nudge wink wink.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
its OK I wont tell so dont panic

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2020-03-27, 6:37 pm

We stepped out at 8pm to clap the NHS workers and it was good to see most of out neighbours did the same.  I’m not sure how long this gesture will last but I’m going to do it again tonight.  It’s a very small token of appreciation but well worth it I think.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum