SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» My guess
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyToday at 4:40 am by Nostalgic

» A vaccine?
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyToday at 4:12 am by Nostalgic

» Anyone know Belarusian?
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:55 pm by Safcy

» In and out of lockdown
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:45 pm by Steve30000

» Boris Johnson to send us letters
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:20 pm by gil t azell

» I hope the videos I’ve posted
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Safcy

» 2 birthdays
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:17 pm by gil t azell

» Vulnerabilities !
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 EmptyYesterday at 2:28 pm by Sid MCFC

» Memories of 73
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 Empty2020-03-28, 9:18 pm by Safcy

» Cloughie documentary
Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 Empty2020-03-28, 3:42 pm by Safcy

Struggling to get a foothold in top 6

Go down

Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 Empty Struggling to get a foothold in top 6

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-02, 11:25 am

And to make matters worse the 2 teams directly above and the 3 teams directly below all have a game in hand on us. 3 or 4 straight wins are needed.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 Empty Re: Struggling to get a foothold in top 6

Post  Vincemac on 2020-02-02, 11:41 am

wanderer wrote:And to make matters worse the 2 teams directly above and the 3 teams directly below all have a game in hand on us. 3 or 4 straight wins are needed.
That  can be done

Last edited by Vincemac on 2020-02-02, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Struggling to get a foothold in top 6 Empty Re: Struggling to get a foothold in top 6

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-02, 11:44 am

Still lots of points to play for. Most teams to still play each other so points will be won lost or shared. Lots of twists n turns to come and I expect top 2 NOT six.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-02, 11:51 am

All we can do is win our games and with a week off and new players in I expect us to win enough to end in the top two.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-03, 7:02 am

cyprussyd wrote:All we can do is win our games and with a week off and new players in I expect us to win enough to end in the top two.

Got your mojo back Syd, not that long ago you were finding it hard to muster any interest at all.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-02-03, 7:43 am

were not really are we, we lost to the in form team in the league away from home.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-03, 7:56 am

barrowmackem wrote:were not really are we, we lost to the in form team in the league away from home.
Yes we are, really. And we also were the in form team.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2020-02-03, 8:58 am

wanderer wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:were not really are we, we lost to the in form team in the league away from home.
We have shot up the league and are approaching the playoff positions, i honestly dont see one defeat derails that. looking for negatives wont help the team.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-03, 9:17 am

TBH I am far from unhappy with things, being in the top two in February means you are there to be shot at and we dont always respond well to pressure.

Sitting in striking distance and in decent for is fine by me and yes we are in decent form, we lost a game on Saturday and thats all it was, one game lost.

I fully expect a win on Saturday then all will be fine again and yes my mojo is back, it was never really the team that pissed me off it was the fans groups and their sheep.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-02-03, 11:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:TBH I am far from unhappy with things, being in the top two in February means you are there to be shot at and we dont always respond well to pressure.

Sitting in striking distance and in decent for is fine by me and yes we are in decent form, we lost a game on Saturday and thats all it was, one game lost.

I fully expect a win on Saturday then all will be fine again and yes my mojo is back, it was never really the team that pissed me off it was the fans groups and their sheep.
Yeh I feel we will be fine 
I’m happy now the way things are progressing 
One defeat is ok
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-02-03, 3:03 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
wanderer wrote:
We have shot up the league and are approaching the playoff positions, i honestly dont see one defeat derails that. looking for negatives wont help the team.

I will try to make it simple for you, we were as low as 15th we then got in the top 6 dropped out  then got back in then dropped out again. Now even for a simpleton that shows we havnt got a foothold in there yet.
As looking for nagatives, how can saying 3 or 4 straight wins would help, be negative.
And as for losing down at Portsmouth that was no big shock, we aint Liverpool are we.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum