SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Ipswich at home EmptyToday at 8:57 pm by gil t azell

» Predictions week 27
Ipswich at home EmptyToday at 8:46 pm by gil t azell

» New centre half signed
Ipswich at home EmptyToday at 7:05 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» Wouter Verstraaten
Ipswich at home EmptyToday at 9:33 am by cyprussyd

» Results Week 26
Ipswich at home Empty2020-02-19, 7:13 pm by gil t azell

» Mental health is a killer
Ipswich at home Empty2020-02-19, 3:21 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table Week 26
Ipswich at home Empty2020-02-19, 12:36 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Top two
Ipswich at home Empty2020-02-19, 11:49 am by Safcy

» Sam McCallum signs for Norwich.
Ipswich at home Empty2020-02-19, 10:22 am by Sid MCFC

» Bailey Wright
Ipswich at home Empty2020-02-18, 7:56 pm by cyprussyd

Ipswich at home

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ipswich at home Empty Ipswich at home

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-02, 11:16 am

Time to forget the Pompy game, we lost, it happens.

But now we can look forward to International Fans Day next Saturday, a day organized by the Branch Liaison Committee and will see Sunderland fans from around the world descending on Wearside.
To recognise its growing international fanbase, the Branch Liaison Council, which represents every branch in the UK and worldwide, has joined forces with the club to host an international fans’ day, when Sunderland AFC take on Ipswich Town on Saturday 08 February 2020. 
The event has grown from an original approach to the Branch Liaison Council (BLC) from USA-based supporter John Ellington.
Fans from across the globe will be invited to join what will be a special gathering to celebrate Sunderland AFC’s incredible support around the world. 
Speaking about the event, Sunderland AFC chairman Stewart Donald said: “This is a great idea and our thanks go to the members of the BLC for their hard work in putting together such a packed itinerary.  
“Our north east fan base is thriving, and we are also seeing an increase in interest from supporters from outside the UK, no doubt due on no small part by the success of the recent Netflix ‘Sunderland ‘til I Die’ documentary. 
"Wearside is famous for the warmth of its welcome and it will be wonderful to meet some of our many international supporters on the day."
Cath Reid, secretary of the Branch Liaison Council: “We are excited at the prospect of meeting up with some of our many international members. They are an important part of our Sunderland family and hopefully this can become an annual event, growing year on year.” 
The BLC has put together a packed schedule of activities aimed at giving international visitors a true taste of Sunderland, including two matches at the Stadium of Light.  
The schedule includes:    
FRIDAY 07
A tour of the Stadium of Light and history talk from a Sunderland AFC former player.
Fans Party, to be held at the Fans Museum in Sunderland, affording an opportunity for supporters to mix with each other and enjoy some of our famous Sunderland hospitality.  
SATURDAY 08
Supporters get together in the SAFC Fan Zone for pre-match drinks and entertainment SAFC v Ipswich Town, Stadium of Light
Post-match drinks and food in Sunderland  
SUNDAY 09
A tour of the Beacon of Light and presentation from the Foundation of Light, showcasing their life-changing work in the local community.  

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Ipswich at home Empty Re: Ipswich at home

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-02, 11:22 am

Are we expecting a bumper gate next week then?

We need to press them from the 1st minute and continue that approach for the whole game. They lost heavily yesterday and are having a bit of a wobble. We need to ensure this continues.

As has been stated elsewhere February is an important month. Have a decent month and hopefully it would set us up for automatic promotion.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-02-02, 11:42 am

gil t azell wrote:Are we expecting a bumper gate next week then?

We need to press them from the 1st minute and continue that approach for the whole game. They lost heavily yesterday and are having a bit of a wobble. We need to ensure this continues.

As has been stated elsewhere February is an important month. Have a decent month and hopefully it would set us up for automatic promotion.
Well said 
I think we will be fine 
Push on beat Ipswich onward and upwards
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-02, 12:01 pm

gil t azell wrote:Are we expecting a bumper gate next week then?

Not sure what it will do to the gate but we will have a half full bus going home, the scallywags are staying in Sunderland to party.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-02-02, 1:08 pm

I'm not expecting a 'bumper' gate . . . . I think that this 'International fans day' will have very little effect as far as the attendance figure is concerned, mostly because I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere apart from on here (as far as I remember, my memory's not my strong point, mind) !

We've got a week to recharge our batteries, after even the Duracells amongst us have taken a bit of a battering in the last 2 games, and by next Saturday the excitement will be fully charged again ready to see us score 4 (at least) against Ipswich Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-02, 1:25 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I'm not expecting a 'bumper' gate . . . . I think that this 'International fans day' will have very little effect as far as the attendance figure is concerned, mostly because I don't remember seeing it mentioned anywhere apart from on here (as far as I remember, my memory's not my strong point, mind) !

We've got a week to recharge our batteries, after even the Duracells amongst us have taken a bit of a battering in the last 2 games, and by next Saturday the excitement will be fully charged again ready to see us score 4 (at least) against Ipswich Wink
No it wont affect gate it is however being very well promoted on the club website and all BLC branches and social media groups.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-02-02, 1:43 pm

Good to hear, Syd . . . . I don't look at any of those places Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-02, 1:54 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Good to hear, Syd . . . . I don't look at any of those places Wink
Well a good mate of mine and the man who runs the Coxhoe branch is also the chairman of the BLC so no escape for me

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Safcy on 2020-02-02, 2:37 pm

2-1.  Grigg in the 94th winner

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safcy
Safcy
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-02, 4:33 pm

Safcy wrote:2-1.  Grigg in the 94th winner

Could/would we forgive him if he scored the goal that guaranteed promotion?

I'm bloody sure I would.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-02-03, 2:45 pm

Time for a little shake-up I think.

Lynch will be out but Ozturk has been unlucky not to be in the team anyway. He has his limitations but is pretty solid. Then there's Flanagan - another in-out player. Or are we sticking with Bailey Wright as first choice/letting him settle into the role? 

Upfront I'm looking for a change-round from Wyke up there. Let's try something different - we didn't sign new players without a reason presumably.

Midfield - probably time to give Dobson a rest and stick Scowen in. It is the year of the rat after all!
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-03, 6:12 pm

Kipper wrote:Time for a little shake-up I think.

Lynch will be out but Ozturk has been unlucky not to be in the team anyway. He has his limitations but is pretty solid. Then there's Flanagan - another in-out player. Or are we sticking with Bailey Wright as first choice/letting him settle into the role? 

Upfront I'm looking for a change-round from Wyke up there. Let's try something different - we didn't sign new players without a reason presumably.

Midfield - probably time to give Dobson a rest and stick Scowen in. It is the year of the rat after all!

Although I agree with the Scowen bit.
How about having two wingers with Lafferty in the middle and GRIGG just behind him. Grigg facing goal with the ball coming in from the wings and a bloke to knock the ball down for him. May just work. Might mean sacrificing a midfielder but we need to press and win this game. So lets go for it.

No I dont think it will happen either.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-02-03, 6:19 pm

Won't beat Ipswich. Got to hope for a draw
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2020-02-03, 8:58 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Won't beat Ipswich. Got to hope for a draw

Glad you haven't let me down Steve, got your positive head on  Laughing Laughing

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-02-03, 10:22 pm

Do you not think our new CF & DM will aide us.

What have Ipswich got that we need to counter more so than anyone else?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-04, 8:50 am

I'm enjoying watching your fishing trips and you always make the same catches.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-04, 10:00 am

First leg of our journey. Taipei to Singapore.
According to Alexa, it’s precisely 9,599KM from our house to the SOL!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-02-04, 12:33 pm

Well according to the Echo we're the 2nd dirtiest team in England and Ipswich are top so it should make for an interesting game.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2020-02-04, 12:56 pm

Obviously not bearing in mind the dishonesty of the referees who have issued cards to our players purely to enhance their own 'look at me' profiles [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2020-02-04, 6:19 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Obviously not bearing in mind the dishonesty of the referees who have issued cards to our players purely to enhance their own 'look at me' profiles [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yup. Since the apology we have had just one decent referee and others below the normal crap standard of L1 refs.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-05, 11:32 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-05, 11:22 pm

John and Susan setting off From Philadelphia making their way to
@SunderlandAFC
For the international fans weekend

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-06, 9:42 am

[size=15]Martin Bates SAFC 

@martinsafc1973

·
2h

[/size]

Toronto flight to London, arrives 35 minutes early. My connection to the place near Sunderland, delayed almost an hour!

oh well, what you going to do? At least my flight over was roomy!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-02-06, 4:40 pm

[size=15]Martin Bates SAFC 

@martinsafc1973

·
2h

[/size]

After a bit of a delay in London, I’ve checked into my hotel.
@BlcSafc
the Canada flag is almost ready for the IFD festivities!! I’ll just have to give it an ironing first!! Lol

Now it’s time for a pint!

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-02-06, 4:47 pm

Over 30,000 at the game - looking forward to a great showing by team and fans alike.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum