SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Name them
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by oldblackcat

» DEADLINES EXTENDED: 2020-21 season card update
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by wanderer

» Not a good bank hol weather forecast
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:29 pm by Vincemac

» Wetherspoons and Macdonalds
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty2020-04-04, 9:53 pm by Steve30000

» Not what we need right now
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty2020-04-04, 4:18 pm by cyprussyd

» Hope is all we have
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty2020-04-04, 9:21 am by wanderer

» Expert panel to assess face mask use by public
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty2020-04-03, 12:10 am by Steve30000

» Italy extends emergency measures nationwide
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty2020-04-02, 8:11 pm by Nostalgic

» Vulnerabilities !
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty2020-04-02, 1:00 pm by cyprussyd

» It would get my vote
January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty2020-04-02, 5:20 am by Black Cat Kiwi

January Window-Deadline Day

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

January Window-Deadline Day - Page 2 Empty Re: January Window-Deadline Day

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-29, 9:10 am

Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Phil Parkinson says Sunderland want two new signings before the transfer deadline
Sunderland have deals lined up for the players they want, but there are still pieces that need to fall into place

By
James Hunter

• 15:30, 28 JAN 2020

Phil Parkinson still wants two more signings before the transfer window closes on Friday - and Sunderland have deals lined up to fill the forward and wingback positions he wants to strengthen.
Those deals hinge on factors outside the Black Cats' control, and they will continue to look for alternatives just in case.

But with Parkinson unwilling to bring in players who do not improve his squad, he also admits there is also a chance that the deadline could pass without any new arrivals to add to the three men who have already signed this month - Kyle Lafferty, Bailey Wright, and Josh Scowen.
Sunderland's recruitment team is working hard to avoid the latter scenario, however. and Parkinson is hopeful that there be new faces in place before the weekend.
PP also said he had a ‘good chat’ with Grigg this week.
They’ll consider an exit if there’s a good deal and PP can line up a replacement.
But neither pushing for it, nothing on the table atm and manager believes he’ll be better in current system.

So we've gained a CF in Laferty, a CB, Wright & a hard working take no prisoners DM, Scowen who divides opinion from QPR fans but quite possibly the teeth we need in the MF. On the surface, strengthening the spine of a team.

Given these & possibly two more are supposed to be better than what we have, how many & who should we be shifting?
Any one 
There has none of them proved there worth 
However we have had a turn around in foutunes of late 
Nevertheless there all replaceable
Really??? So you don't rate Mclughlin, O'Nien, Maguire, Gooch, Willis, Hume (I could go on) and you think these could all be replaced with better in the last week of the transfer window turning us into a better team?
These players you have mentioned have not showen ther good enough to get us promoted 
All players are replaceable 
It’s not feasible to replace everyone at the same time 
Like I say we have turned the corner of late and the results are a bit better.however
I did not expect us to run away with the league with these players this year after last years failure nevertheless they have had a good chunk of the season to prove there worth 
And again all players are replaceable
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-29, 9:45 am

Vincemac wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Phil Parkinson says Sunderland want two new signings before the transfer deadline
Sunderland have deals lined up for the players they want, but there are still pieces that need to fall into place

By
James Hunter

Phil Parkinson still wants two more signings before the transfer window closes on Friday - and Sunderland have deals lined up to fill the forward and wingback positions he wants to strengthen.
Those deals hinge on factors outside the Black Cats' control, and they will continue to look for alternatives just in case.

But with Parkinson unwilling to bring in players who do not improve his squad, he also admits there is also a chance that the deadline could pass without any new arrivals to add to the three men who have already signed this month - Kyle Lafferty, Bailey Wright, and Josh Scowen.
Sunderland's recruitment team is working hard to avoid the latter scenario, however. and Parkinson is hopeful that there be new faces in place before the weekend.
They’ll consider an exit if there’s a good deal and PP can line up a replacement.
But neither pushing for it, nothing on the table atm and manager believes he’ll be better in current system.

So we've gained a CF in Laferty, a CB, Wright & a hard working take no prisoners DM, Scowen who divides opinion from QPR fans but quite possibly the teeth we need in the MF. On the surface, strengthening the spine of a team.

Given these & possibly two more are supposed to be better than what we have, how many & who should we be shifting?
Any one 
Really??? So you don't rate Mclughlin, O'Nien, Maguire, Gooch, Willis, Hume (I could go on) and you think these could all be replaced with better in the last week of the transfer window turning us into a better team?
These players you have mentioned have not showen ther good enough to get us promoted 
Like I say we have turned the corner of late and the results are a bit better.however
I did not expect us to run away with the league with these players this year after last years failure nevertheless they have had a good chunk of the season to prove there worth 
Has Steve hijacked you're login.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-29, 10:49 am

Vincemac wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

By
James Hunter

Any one 
Poor Willis was not here last season and Hume not playing
They are but to replace them all with better may be a tad unrealistic
Results are a bit better, I would say results are a million percent better and yes we had a very, very bad spell however I believe automatic promotion is now well within our grasp.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-29, 11:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

By
James Hunter

Any one 
Poor Willis was not here last season and Hume not playing
They are but to replace them all with better may be a tad unrealistic
Results are a bit better, I would say results are a million percent better and yes we had a very, very bad spell however I believe automatic promotion is now well within our grasp.
I have always said 
We have a good enough squad to get us promoted 
Maybe now there are starting to show a bit 
Long mat it continue 
And I think we might just get promoted this season 
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-30, 8:38 am

[size=15]Keith Downie

@SkySports_Keith

[/size]

Sunderland reject latest offer for striker Will Grigg - this time from Bradford City #SAFC

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-01-30, 1:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Keith Downie

@SkySports_Keith

Sunderland reject latest offer for striker Will Grigg - this time from Bradford City #SAFC
Now Oxford want him at a cut price!!!

ok as long as we insist he doesn't play against us this season.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-30, 3:26 pm

The Sun claim that Sunderland are looking for a contribution of £10,000 per week towards McGeady's wages if he is to leave on loan this month.

They also claim that Hibernian are keen on the wideman - despite Jack Ross playing down a deal earlier this week.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-30, 6:13 pm

[size=15]Graeme Bailey

@GraemeBailey

·
1h

[/size]

Understand that Sunderland have agreed a deal with Bristol City to sign highly-rated forward Antoine Semenyo, have been in talks for a weeks but have finally managed to get it done. Loan until end of the season.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-30, 10:07 pm

[size=15]Phil Smith

@Phil__Smith

·
56m

[/size]

#SAFC should wrap up the deal for Antoine Semenyo tomorrow.
Looks like Bristol City bringing in Nakhi Wells soon is the breakthrough needed for this one to happen.
Work on a LWB ongoing.
Shaping up to be a busy deadline day.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2020-01-30, 11:56 pm

i love a bit of wheeler dealer action transfer deadline day Smile 

Sheff Utd splashing £22m on a single player today just goes to again show the insanity that is the premier league

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-31, 12:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:The Sun claim that Sunderland are looking for a contribution of £10,000 per week towards McGeady's wages if he is to leave on loan this month.

They also claim that Hibernian are keen on the wideman - despite Jack Ross playing down a deal earlier this week.
Sunderland AFC can confirm that Aiden McGeady has completed a loan move to Charlton Athletic.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 9:13 am

Todays expected deals

IN
Antoine Semenyo, all but complete on loan

Declan John, cover for Hume

OUT
McNulty to Hibs
Robson to Grimsby on loan

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2020-01-31, 11:22 am

Will oxford make an offer we can't refuse for the 4 million pound man?
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 11:30 am

oxfordshire wrote:Will oxford make an offer we can't refuse for the 4 million pound man?
We all call him the 4 mil man but in reality it is probably more like the 1.5 mil man.

Donald said when we bought him the add on's would take him up to 4 mil but we would need to be promoted to the premier league for that to kick in.

I expect him to leave.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2020-01-31, 1:11 pm

nothing so far other than McGeady to Charlton on loan

seems really quiet generally speaking - only 2 deals in the premiership and neither of them look like big news

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-01-31, 2:43 pm

fitz wrote:nothing so far other than McGeady to Charlton on loan

seems really quiet generally speaking - only 2 deals in the premiership and neither of them look like big news
Well nobody in time for tomorrow, but that's not necessarilly a bad thing. I don't think Parkinson would have thrown anyone straight in anyway. I think we'll see the other Jan signings play a significant part though.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 3:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[size=15]James Hunter

@JHunterChron

·
10m

Semenyo and John deals remain on track.
Looking increasingly like they'll be the only incomings at
#safc on #DeadlineDay.
Appears Ethan Robson will not be leaving on loan
[/size]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 5:15 pm

SUNDERLAND CHASE SWANSEA DEFENDER
Sunderland are working hard to sign Swansea City left-back Declan John on loan until the end of the season.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-01-31, 5:18 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Will oxford make an offer we can't refuse for the 4 million pound man?
We all call him the 4 mil man but in reality it is probably more like the 1.5 mil man.

Donald said when we bought him the add on's would take him up to 4 mil but we would need to be promoted to the premier league for that to kick in.

I expect him to leave.
We all call him the 4 mil man....

Should we rename him (Will Grigg)? Steve Austin now.

Maybe in need of rebuilding and did cost close to 6 mil (dollars)
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 5:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Sunderland are working hard to sign Swansea City left-back Declan John on loan until the end of the season.
deal complete

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-01-31, 6:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
deal complete
Is he a relative to Stern John?
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 8:00 pm

[size=15]Keith Downie

@SkySports_Keith

·
2h

[/size]

Bristol City striker Antoine Semenyo set to arrive on Wearside tonight ahead of loan move to Sunderland until the summer #SAFC

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 9:05 pm

Sunderland AFC can confirm that Marc McNulty’s loan spell on Wearside has ended and the striker has returned to Reading.
The striker scored three goals in 15 appearances during his time at the Stadium of Light.

SAFC would like to wish Marc the best of luck for the future.

MCNULTY JOINS HIBS
Marc McNulty has completed a loan move from Reading to Hibs.
McNulty spent part of last season on loan at Easter Road, scoring seven times in 15 Scottish Premiership games.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-31, 9:07 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Keith Downie

@SkySports_Keith

·
2h

Bristol City striker Antoine Semenyo set to arrive on Wearside tonight ahead of loan move to Sunderland until the summer #SAFC
He’s sighned
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 9:10 pm

Sunderland AFC have completed the deadline-day signing of Antoine Semenyo.
The Bristol City forward has moved to the Stadium of Light on loan until the end of the 2019-20 season, having made seven first-team appearances for the Sky Bet Championship outfit during the current campaign.
After impressing during a brief loan spell at Bath City, the 20-year-old made his Robins debut in May 2018 before joining Newport County ahead of the 2018-19 season.
Semenyo scored six goals in 32 appearances for the Exiles before being recalled to City’s first-team squad in January 2019.
The forward will be available for selection when SAFC face Portsmouth at Fratton Park on Saturday.
After arriving on deadline day, Semenyo said: “It’s been a long wait to get the deal done, but it’s finally signed and I’ve joined a great club. It’s got so much history and I’ve heard so many great things about it from lots of people, so I’m proud to be a part of that.
“I’m looking forward to working with the manager because I want to improve every day. I can’t wait to get started.”
SAFC manager Phil Parkinson added: “I’m pleased we have been able to bring Antoine to the club. He’s got pace and power which are qualities we highlighted and wanted to add to the squad.
“We look forward to working with him and he goes straight into the squad for tomorrow’s game at Portsmouth.”

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: