SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
January Window-Deadline Day EmptyToday at 8:57 pm by gil t azell

» Predictions week 27
January Window-Deadline Day EmptyToday at 8:46 pm by gil t azell

» New centre half signed
January Window-Deadline Day EmptyToday at 7:05 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» Wouter Verstraaten
January Window-Deadline Day EmptyToday at 9:33 am by cyprussyd

» Results Week 26
January Window-Deadline Day Empty2020-02-19, 7:13 pm by gil t azell

» Mental health is a killer
January Window-Deadline Day Empty2020-02-19, 3:21 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table Week 26
January Window-Deadline Day Empty2020-02-19, 12:36 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Top two
January Window-Deadline Day Empty2020-02-19, 11:49 am by Safcy

» Sam McCallum signs for Norwich.
January Window-Deadline Day Empty2020-02-19, 10:22 am by Sid MCFC

» Bailey Wright
January Window-Deadline Day Empty2020-02-18, 7:56 pm by cyprussyd

January Window-Deadline Day

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

January Window-Deadline Day Empty January Window-Deadline Day

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-26, 11:35 am

As we go into the final week we can expect movement both ways with at least on midfielder and one striker in and a few possibly moving out, all probable loans.

I really hope that one casualty is not Ethan Robson, I like what I have seen of him, but if we bring one or two midfielders in we will need to move someone and he is probably the easiest to shift, probably back to Grimsby on loan.

Grigg and McNulty seem to be bit part players and Grigg is not even getting the bit part so both could go. Add in McGeady and it could be a busy week up and down the A1.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2020-01-31, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

January Window-Deadline Day Empty Re: January Window-Deadline Day

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-26, 12:06 pm

Phil Parkinson wants to bring in a couple of new signings early next week as Sunderland gear up for a busy seven days.
The Black Cats are looking to strengthen the squad before next Friday’s transfer deadline and, with a trip to Tranmere Rovers on Wednesday and then a long journey to Portsmouth at the weekend, Parkinson hopes to complete his transfer business as quickly as possible.

“We’re working towards a couple more additions and if we get the ones we want, great - if not, we will stick with what we’ve got,” said Parkinson following his side’s goalless draw against Doncaster Rovers.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-01-26, 2:36 pm

STEWART DONALD

“We would also like to reassure those loyal fans that we are placing sufficient funds in the club to support the manager as he seeks to improve the first team in the next few weeks.”
⏳sunny🌜
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-26, 3:26 pm

Steve30000 wrote:STEWART DONALD

“We would also like to reassure those loyal fans that we are placing sufficient funds in the club to support the manager as he seeks to improve the first team in the next few weeks.”
⏳sunny🌜
And what gives you the impression he is not? Just because we wont spend, spend, spend does not mean we cant.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-01-26, 3:40 pm

A transfer window can only be judged at the end. For me it's not about the money spent, it's about getting the right players in that fit into and improve the squad. The two don't always equate. I give you Will Grigg.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-01-26, 3:52 pm

Kipper wrote:A transfer window can only be judged at the end. For me it's not about the money spent, it's about getting the right players in that fit into and improve the squad. The two don't always equate. I give you Will Grigg.
I concur, Tore Andre Flo
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-01-26, 3:55 pm

Milton Nunez. Embarassed
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-26, 4:44 pm

Mr J Rodwell

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2020-01-26, 5:44 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Mr J Rodwell
Almost forgot Roswell, an unknown sighting of a 'once' presumed professional footballer seen in and around the North East a couple of years ago.....
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-27, 8:10 pm

QPR’s Scowen set for move to Sunderland
By David McIntyre 27/01/2020

Embed from Getty Images

Sunderland are set to sign Josh Scowen from QPR.
The midfielder, 26, has made 96 Championship appearances for Rangers since being signed on a free transfer after leaving Barnsley in 2017.
He was a key player in his first season at Loftus Road but has since struggled to hold down a regular place and has been out of favour under boss Mark Warburton this season.
Scowen’s expected departure and Nahki Wells’ season-long loan from Burnley being scrapped mean plans to end Matt Smith’s loan spell will now be reconsidered.
Smith has been unable to make an impact since arriving from Manchester City, who have been intending to send him elsewhere in the coming days.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2020-01-27, 9:17 pm

Is this plan d?

Docherty
Norburn
Garner

Next!!

Scowen
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-27, 11:10 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Is this plan d?

Docherty
Norburn
Garner

Next!!

Scowen
Did we miss those above(Sorry haven't followed closely) ?

Who do you suggest we should be targeting?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-28, 7:34 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Docherty
Norburn
Garner

Next!!

Scowen

Try following safc more and American basketball less.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-28, 8:36 am

wanderer wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Docherty
Norburn
Garner

Next!!

Scowen

Your ability to summize appears to show no bounds. 

Maybe you could answer my polite question on who we should be targeting?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-28, 8:54 am

Docherty
Norburn
Garner

Next!!

Scowen
We’ve actually been after him since the window opened 
A few teams were after him and we won the race 
Good sighning I hope
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2020-01-28, 10:15 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

Docherty
Norburn
Garner

Next!!

Scowen

Gee thanks for that. but secondly it wasnt me you directed that question to,was it.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-28, 6:05 pm

wanderer wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Docherty, Norburn, Garner

Next!!
Scowen
Gee thanks for that. but secondly it wasnt me you directed that question to,was it.
Originally not so I thought given that Steve has not answered you might be able to suggest who we should be targeting to transfer. Who would you recommend as there must be some gems out there who're not in the spotlight?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-28, 6:28 pm

Phil Parkinson says Sunderland want two new signings before the transfer deadline
Sunderland have deals lined up for the players they want, but there are still pieces that need to fall into place

By
James Hunter

• 15:30, 28 JAN 2020

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland manager Phil Parkinson (Image: Sunderland AFC via Getty Images)

Phil Parkinson still wants two more signings before the transfer window closes on Friday - and Sunderland have deals lined up to fill the forward and wingback positions he wants to strengthen.
Those deals hinge on factors outside the Black Cats' control, and they will continue to look for alternatives just in case.

[url=https://hp.teads.com/?utm_source=inread&utm_medium=credits&utm_campaign=invented by teads][/url]

But with Parkinson unwilling to bring in players who do not improve his squad, he also admits there is also a chance that the deadline could pass without any new arrivals to add to the three men who have already signed this month - Kyle Lafferty, Bailey Wright, and Josh Scowen.
Sunderland's recruitment team is working hard to avoid the latter scenario, however. and Parkinson is hopeful that there be new faces in place before the weekend.
PP also said he had a ‘good chat’ with Grigg this week.
They’ll consider an exit if there’s a good deal and PP can line up a replacement.
But neither pushing for it, nothing on the table atm and manager believes he’ll be better in current system.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-28, 8:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Phil Parkinson says Sunderland want two new signings before the transfer deadline
Sunderland have deals lined up for the players they want, but there are still pieces that need to fall into place

By
James Hunter

Phil Parkinson still wants two more signings before the transfer window closes on Friday - and Sunderland have deals lined up to fill the forward and wingback positions he wants to strengthen.
Those deals hinge on factors outside the Black Cats' control, and they will continue to look for alternatives just in case.

But with Parkinson unwilling to bring in players who do not improve his squad, he also admits there is also a chance that the deadline could pass without any new arrivals to add to the three men who have already signed this month - Kyle Lafferty, Bailey Wright, and Josh Scowen.
Sunderland's recruitment team is working hard to avoid the latter scenario, however. and Parkinson is hopeful that there be new faces in place before the weekend.
They’ll consider an exit if there’s a good deal and PP can line up a replacement.
But neither pushing for it, nothing on the table atm and manager believes he’ll be better in current system.

So we've gained a CF in Laferty, a CB, Wright & a hard working take no prisoners DM, Scowen who divides opinion from QPR fans but quite possibly the teeth we need in the MF. On the surface, strengthening the spine of a team.

Given these & possibly two more are supposed to be better than what we have, how many & who should we be shifting?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-28, 8:36 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Phil Parkinson says Sunderland want two new signings before the transfer deadline

By
James Hunter

Those deals hinge on factors outside the Black Cats' control, and they will continue to look for alternatives just in case.

But with Parkinson unwilling to bring in players who do not improve his squad, he also admits there is also a chance that the deadline could pass without any new arrivals to add to the three men who have already signed this month - Kyle Lafferty, Bailey Wright, and Josh Scowen.

So we've gained a CF in Laferty, a CB, Wright & a hard working take no prisoners DM, Scowen who divides opinion from QPR fans but quite possibly the teeth we need in the MF. On the surface, strengthening the spine of a team.

Given these & possibly two more are supposed to be better than what we have, how many & who should we be shifting?
who we should shift and who we can are not the same.

I think Robson will go out on loan, McNulty to Hibs and McGeady out. would like to see Leadbitter go.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2020-01-28, 8:38 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

By
James Hunter

Any one 
There has none of them proved there worth 
However we have had a turn around in foutunes of late 
Nevertheless there all replaceable
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2020-01-29, 1:11 am

McGeady at the Hibs game last night

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-29, 1:45 am

cyprussyd wrote:McGeady at the Hibs game last night

On McGeady....“I didn’t know he was here,” said Ross. “He never asked me for a ticket so he must have other contacts!
‘We’ll try to prioritise other positions but he’s a player who was very productive for me. It was nice of him to come along. Nice of him to drop me a message, as well!”......but...

"But Ross has ruled out a move for frozen out Sunderland star Aiden McGeady, who was in the stands at Easter Road, although he could bring in his Stadium of Light team-mate, Marc McNulty".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Interesting few days ahead

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2020-01-29, 1:54 am

Talk of Jordan Jones, winger @ Rangers

Plus....SUNDERLAND are pondering a move for Blackburn Rovers midfielder Richie Smallwood in the final four days of the transfer window, but Marc McNulty could find himself heading through the Stadium of Light exit door as Jack Ross tries to lure the loanee striker to Hibernian.
Phil Parkinson has spent the last few days assessing midfield targets, but his attempts to push through a deal have failed to come to fruition.
Talks over a loan deal for Greg Docherty continue to stall because of financial matters, with Sunderland reluctant to meet Rangers’ demands over the 23-year-old’s wages.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2020-01-29, 6:41 am

Vincemac wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

By
James Hunter

Any one 
There has none of them proved there worth 
However we have had a turn around in foutunes of late 
Nevertheless there all replaceable
Really??? So you don't rate Mclughlin, O'Nien, Maguire, Gooch, Willis, Hume (I could go on) and you think these could all be replaced with better in the last week of the transfer window turning us into a better team?
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum