SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Boo Boys
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by Safcy

» January Window-the final days
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyToday at 12:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Looks like it worked
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by wanderer

» Tight at the top
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyToday at 10:20 am by Vincemac

» Cattermole
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyToday at 7:51 am by wanderer

» BREAKING NEWS
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Manchester United
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyYesterday at 4:25 pm by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Doncaster Rovers
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyYesterday at 4:22 pm by Hieronymus

» The January Transfer Window
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyYesterday at 2:22 pm by Kipper

» Tranmere v safc moved
1-0 to the boo boys EmptyYesterday at 1:27 pm by Sid MCFC


1-0 to the boo boys

Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-30, 7:14 pm

Donald to sell up

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-30, 7:44 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Donald to sell up
Donald has done some good things for the club and I won't slay him off but this could be a good thing if we get someone in with more financial clout. Always look on the bright side!
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-30, 8:06 pm

I smell something, can't tell if it's a rat or bullshit.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 368
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  gil t azell on 2019-12-30, 8:14 pm

Could be cynical and state is this a ploy to bring nobody in?  See this month out without selling and then move on. Timing is a bit strange. Lose all them games, nowt said. Win one and right on the transfer window wants to sell.

That is not me knocking either the people who want(ed) him out or Steward Donald as I am not a ITK and have no idea what is happening over there.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6259
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-12-30, 8:18 pm

gil t azell wrote:Could be cynical and state is this a ploy to bring nobody in?  See this month out without selling and then move on. Timing is a bit strange. Lose all them games, nowt said. Win one and right on the transfer window wants to sell.

That is not me knocking either the people who want(ed) him out or Steward Donald as I am not a ITK and have no idea what is happening over there.
Along with 99.9% of the other supporters Gil.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4346
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-12-30, 8:19 pm

This does seem rather convenient.

Could this be a smokescreen that's played into his hands thus allowing him to come out the other side as the goody goody as many articles have said they believe his intentions all along have been to add value before selling up for a tidy gain to someone whom actually has the 'cash' to fund the rebuild. Otherwise he'd just go into administration before liquidating it's assets which would have taken much longer to release any financial gain.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10664
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 101
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-30, 8:21 pm

Well done clever people, what a master plan. We now go into the transfer window with a owner and manager you want out, any idea who would come now?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-30, 8:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well done clever people, what a master plan. We now go into the transfer window with a owner and manager you want out, any idea who would come now?
Fulwell 73? The club is probably worth what they can afford now - and they have good contacts - David Beckham is a client!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10353
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-12-30, 8:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well done clever people, what a master plan. We now go into the transfer window with a owner and manager you want out, any idea who would come now?
I sense you're angry, could be wrong?

Ps. Doesn't matter what the fans want, it's what Mr Stewart wants which is fine by me.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10664
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 101
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-30, 9:02 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well done clever people, what a master plan. We now go into the transfer window with a owner and manager you want out, any idea who would come now?
I sense you're angry, could be wrong?

Ps. Doesn't matter what the fans want, it's what Mr Stewart wants which is fine by me.
Very angry the boo boys are forcing him out IMO, short memories.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-12-30, 9:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well done clever people, what a master plan. We now go into the transfer window with a owner and manager you want out, any idea who would come now?
I sense you're angry, could be wrong?

Ps. Doesn't matter what the fans want, it's what Mr Stewart wants which is fine by me.
Very angry the boo boys are forcing him out IMO, short memories.
I get it I do but maybe the events of the last few days/weeks may have merely sped up the process. 
I will trust in him to do whats best for SAFC until proven otherwise BUT fully respect that as the owner he has every right to cash up or liquidate which ever he chooses not matter how much fans disagree.

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Black Cat Kiwi
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10664
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 101
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-12-30, 9:45 pm

I am still trying to sort out from memory the last sale of the club.  ES appeared to be charitable by effectively writing off any debt the club to allow Donald and Methven to buy the club as the heads of an international consortium.  At the same time I recall he also said that out of bidders they and their people were the best for the club in the long term.  Nothing appears to match those statements now.

Or did I get it wrong?
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4346
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-30, 9:50 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well done clever people, what a master plan. We now go into the transfer window with a owner and manager you want out, any idea who would come now?
I sense you're angry, could be wrong?

Ps. Doesn't matter what the fans want, it's what Mr Stewart wants which is fine by me.
Very angry the boo boys are forcing him out IMO, short memories.
Glass half full syd?

Anyway, no one can force an owner out who doesn't want to go. Surely the silence and lack of action speaks volumes. You've got to ask whether he has just realised he either hasn't got the money, ability of bottle to do the job. I haven't been a Donald out supporter but change of some sort has clearly been needed and he didn't appear to be bringing that himself. Something is now stopping him doing something positive. What is that? I don't care whether its him or someone else who sorts out the current mess but let's just have it sorted.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-12-30, 9:57 pm

The idiots are taking over the asylum, we will soon be on a par with the Mags!!
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 64
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-30, 11:52 pm

Mackemneil wrote:The idiots are taking over the asylum, we will soon be on a par with the Mags!!
I said that on twitter and the mob turned on me in force telling me to join Donald, it made me quite proud

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-31, 12:06 am

On Monday it emerged that Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has decided to sell the club. Fans groups have called for Donald to step aside after the club slipped to its lowest ever position in the Football League. Black Cats fans have endured a torrid time over the past several seasons with many uncertainties surrounding their club. Now, there will be more uncertainty for Sunderland fans. Not just on the pitch with the January transfer window looming but also off it.

More Uncertainty For Sunderland Fans as Stewart Donald Decides to Sell the Club

On the Field Uncertainty

The Black Cats failed to win promotion last season after the last kick of the play-off final consigned the club to another season in League One. Fans expected their team to launch an impressive promotion campaign. Owners were suggesting a 100 point season was a real possibility. A lack of investment during the summer had fans concerned. However, on paper, Sunderland had a squad that was more than capable of securing promotion.
After several poor performances and results, manager Jack Ross was sacked. Experienced League One manager Phil Parkinson took over. Results and performances did not improve. They got worse. The Black Cats slipped to their lowest ever position. Fans began calling for Parkinson to leave; however, after a win at Doncaster Rovers, Parkinson will remain in charge for the foreseeable future, including the vital January transfer window.


Sunderland are in desperate need of reinforcements on the pitch. Their victory at Doncaster was their first since November 2nd. Although it was a good performance and result, it only reflected the fact that Parkinson needs to add to his first-team squad.
The situation off the field could now hinder attempts to bring in new players. With Stewart Donald looking to sell, it is unlikely that he will part with the funds to improve the squad. Parkinson, therefore, may have to do with loan signings and free transfers should the quality be available and the funds available.

Off the Field Uncertainty

The timing of Stewart Donald’s decision to sell the club could not have come at a worse time. He has taken on board the advice of some fans groups and taken the decision to step aside at the earliest opportunity. The #DonaldOut campaign exploded onto social media and in the press after a disappointing draw at home to Bolton Wanderers on Boxing Day.
Several fans groups issued a joint statement, asking for Donald to sell the club so that change can happen not only at boardroom level, but on the pitch and in the dugout too. The decision from Donald to seek a buyer could be the right choice in the long term; however, in the short term, it creates uncertainty throughout the club.
Fans have called for current manager Phil Parkinson to be replaced. This is unlikely to happen until the ownership of the club has been decided upon. Even then, some fans may not get their wish. Funds for new players will be sparse if there is any at all.
No deal to buy the club has been agreed and until it does so, Stewart Donald will remain the owner. Even when a buyer has been sought, the time it will take to complete the deal, should the relevant authorities give the deal the green light, could be weeks and even months.

Sale Must be Completed Soon

Sunderland fans are used to uncertainty surrounding the club. Be it a change in ownership, manager or players. This time, the Black Cats are not in the Premier League, Championship or even attractive League One newcomers. Sunderland are currently a mid-table League One side. Attracting players, managers and new owners will not be as easy as it once was. Fans will be hoping the sale is completed quickly and to a buyer who will do their utmost to get this famous club back into the Championship and then the Premier League. Should the for sale sign be up for too long, uncertainty surrounding the club will not only grow but the club could find themselves playing League One football for some time to come.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-31, 12:11 am

Mackemneil wrote:The idiots are taking over the asylum, we will soon be on a par with the Mags!!
They're just people with different opinions who wanted to see some change in the club and not the downward spiral we were in. Wanting what Donald promised but failed to deliver 
does not make them idiots. This was supposed to be a 100 point season  remember. Maybe if Donald had appointed a Director of football, changed the recruitment team, realised his mistake in Parkinson, spoke out recently about how he would turn things around etc it wouldn't have come to this. I'm sad it came to this and there are some idiots out there but not all and there were a lot of reasoned arguments beyond the "boo boys".
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-12-31, 12:31 am

It is always reasonable for fans to want the best for their club but demanding it or get out goes too far.  JR fell foul of social media support groups and now Donald.  We can all yarp on about the club and the city and beat our chests in grief but we are not the first Prem club that invested in over paid players and were let down.  They move on and we are left with the aftermath. We cut our coat to suit your cloth and here we are, but some just not, or will not, deal with the reality.  

Maybe the social media will search out a solution, or at least recommend one.
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4346
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-31, 8:57 am

I cant help but think back to May 26, in my opinion that is when Donald should have sacked Ross. If he had done it then we would have been in a much better position to attract a higher profile manager. And possibly be in a much better position than we are now.
Alas it didn't happen that way, and here we are back in the shit once again. Will FPP make a move?.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 368
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-31, 4:31 pm

Written before he decided to sell:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-12-31, 5:10 pm

Well the boo boys wanted Parkinson sacked and because this wasn't done turned on the owner....now he says he's going to sell do they realise it'll be highly unlikely any money will be made available for new signings...the new signings they say we need to stand a chance of promotion....do they realise that if Donald finds a buyer it could take months before it happens...therefore there's no chance of the manager being replaced by someone else and no cash splashing to turn our season into the promotion season they are still dreaming of
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-31, 5:51 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Well the boo boys wanted Parkinson sacked and because this wasn't done turned on the owner....now he says he's going to sell do they realise it'll be highly unlikely any money will be made available for new signings...the new signings they say we need to stand a chance of promotion....do they realise that if Donald finds a buyer it could take months before it happens...therefore there's no chance of the manager being replaced by someone else and no cash splashing to turn our season into the promotion season they are still dreaming of
I wanted Parkinson sacked but I'm not a boo boy. 

 Not sure any of the legitimate concerns have registered with you. Nevermind but there's a lot of people with different views. Nobody knows how this will pan out in the short term but hopefully things will be better in the long term which is what every fan wants.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-12-31, 6:59 pm

Kipper wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Well the boo boys wanted Parkinson sacked and because this wasn't done turned on the owner....now he says he's going to sell do they realise it'll be highly unlikely any money will be made available for new signings...the new signings they say we need to stand a chance of promotion....do they realise that if Donald finds a buyer it could take months before it happens...therefore there's no chance of the manager being replaced by someone else and no cash splashing to turn our season into the promotion season they are still dreaming of
I wanted Parkinson sacked but I'm not a boo boy. 

 Not sure any of the legitimate concerns have registered with you. Nevermind but there's a lot of people with different views. Nobody knows how this will pan out in the short term but hopefully things will be better in the long term which is what every fan wants.
Lots of legitimate concerns have registered  Kipper......willing to listen to everyone's views...maybe the owner deserves to go I'm just not happy with the way it's happening...just pointing out some people think someone buys us and everything is sorted before the transfer window.....as  you say hopefully things will be better in the long run whatever anyone's views are it's what we all want like
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-12-31, 7:32 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if Donald did bring in the 5 players Parkinson wanted and then the team went into a run of win after win after win. I wonder what the boo boys would be saying then.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 995
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Mackemneil on 2020-01-01, 10:27 am

Kipper wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:The idiots are taking over the asylum, we will soon be on a par with the Mags!!
They're just people with different opinions who wanted to see some change in the club and not the downward spiral we were in. Wanting what Donald promised but failed to deliver 
does not make them idiots. This was supposed to be a 100 point season  remember. Maybe if Donald had appointed a Director of football, changed the recruitment team, realised his mistake in Parkinson, spoke out recently about how he would turn things around etc it wouldn't have come to this. I'm sad it came to this and there are some idiots out there but not all and there were a lot of reasoned arguments beyond the "boo boys".
Kipper, I would never suggest that all of those with differing views are idiots, but it appears to me that a few people finding themselves in a positive of power have concocted a statement purporting to be the opinion of all Sunderland supporters. I would suggest that it doesn’t even represent the views of all of the respective memberships. It certainly doesn’t represent my view or I suspect the majority of the frustrated and disappointed supporters of our club.
Alas Donald appears to have acted upon this statements
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 64
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

1-0 to the boo boys Empty Re: 1-0 to the boo boys

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum