SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Boo Boys
Statement re Donald out EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by Safcy

» January Window-the final days
Statement re Donald out EmptyToday at 12:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Looks like it worked
Statement re Donald out EmptyToday at 12:02 pm by wanderer

» Tight at the top
Statement re Donald out EmptyToday at 10:20 am by Vincemac

» Cattermole
Statement re Donald out EmptyToday at 7:51 am by wanderer

» BREAKING NEWS
Statement re Donald out EmptyYesterday at 8:35 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Manchester United
Statement re Donald out EmptyYesterday at 4:25 pm by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Doncaster Rovers
Statement re Donald out EmptyYesterday at 4:22 pm by Hieronymus

» The January Transfer Window
Statement re Donald out EmptyYesterday at 2:22 pm by Kipper

» Tranmere v safc moved
Statement re Donald out EmptyYesterday at 1:27 pm by Sid MCFC


Statement re Donald out

Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Statement re Donald out

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-28, 2:41 am

DONALD OUT: A statement from A Love Supreme, Red and White Army, Roker Report and Wise Men Say

You said you’d sell Sunderland AFC when you’d outstayed your welcome. That time is now. #DonaldOut
By [url=https://www.sbnation.com/users/Roker Report][/url]Roker Report  Dec 27, 2019, 8:30pm GMT



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Photo by Owen Humphreys/PA Images via Getty Images
The statement reads:
[/size]
“For those at the Bolton match, you’ve earned some stripes. You were there when the club reached the lowest point in its entire history and it felt like it. A few fine saves from McLaughlin stopped us from losing at home to the bottom club in League One. As the chants for Super Kev reverberated around the stadium it became clear that the fans do not agree with the chosen appointment of Phil Parkinson. When he took a defender off for another defender the venom was too much for many to conceal. We were playing out for a clean sheet against a team that were nearly out of business less than 6 months ago.
SAFC is a club with a proud history that deserves so much better than what we are currently being offered. As it stands we don’t know who is running the organisation within the club.
We don’t expect to be playing in the Champions League, but we don’t expect to be set up defensively to the bottom club in League One at home on what is traditionally the biggest game of the season in terms of attendance. Nobody knows what the long term plan is and any trust that fans had in the boardroom has eroded.
These are the fans who set attendance records for the division. The fans who have endured years of ineffective leadership within the club. Yet here we are. The ones hurting the most as a result of our current situation. Stewart Donald must act now. “Things can only get better” has been a defiant chant in recent times but the sentiment is a flawed one. Things can get worse…and it continues to get worse. If there is a realistic offer on the table he must admit that the enormity of the task at hand and cut his losses. For our club to move forward now change needs to happen on the pitch, in the dugout and in the boardroom.”

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-12-28, 4:23 am

Not much changes.  If it was up to me I would  have ES back in a flash.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Nostalgic on 2019-12-28, 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4346
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-12-28, 8:09 am

I said before Jack Ross was sacked that sacking the manager isn't always the solution.

I'll say this now....getting rid of the owner isn't the solution to the present problem

What is the solution isn't as easy as sacking the manager or getting rid of the owner if it was we wouldn't find ourselves in our current predicament, after all how many times have we changed manager in the last ten years?

First problem I see at the moment are the four fans organisations (for want of a better description) which have issued this statement. Lets face it one of the problems which was levelled at the last owner was lack of communication so when Stewart Donald took charge the first thing he did was change that which I think was a good move initially.He described the club as "ours" rather than mine and listened to the fans and tried his very best to give them what they wanted.But like a spoilt child who is given everything the first time you refuse to give it what it wants it throws a tantrum.In my opinion one of the mistakes that Donald has made is listening to the organisations that claim to represent our fanbase too much...so much that they think they own the club and they know better than the owner. True, the club would be nothing without the fans and they have backed the club and deserve to see a team to be proud of, but the majority still think we are a massive club that should win every game in this division...if only things were so easy

Give us red seats....easily done   change the entrance music....easily done   let us name the stand....easily done  
 give us a team to be proud of....arguably done last season with 2 trips to Wembley (but slightly let down by lack of promotion)
sack the manager...easily done 

All the above were what the fans wanted and got now they want rid of this manager and because it dosen't look like happening they turn on the owner.

Don't get me wrong at the minute I have serious doubts that we will even make the play offs with this manager but is sacking him  the answer....I think back to a statement I read when people wanted Ross out...."what's the worst that could happen with changing the manager and we don't get promotion because we won't get it with Ross"

Has the wrong manager been appointed...at the moment it looks like it but who was the right appointment? there was no clear favorite as I can recall

Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?

Rather than call for the owner to go these fans organisations need to get behind both him and the team (however hard that maybe at this time) and remember they wanted a new manager and they got one...and before everyone scream about how he's useless how could we tell before we appointed  him? There's no guarantee that appointing someone else would have been better...indeed I don't think the managers we have had have been the problem, I think the structure of the club is what's to blame. To Donald's credit he looks like he's trying to fix it but he needs to be a strong owner and rather than stay silent during these bad times he needs to come out with a statement to reassure the fans that things are being put right.
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-28, 9:18 am

Could have gone with Pearson or Stendel, but no... He goes for the cheap option.

He's got loads of money to compete in this league, he says... Ha!.. OK Donald, whatever you say. You're certainly not showing any intent to get out of this league by proving that statement.

He goes for the cheap option in everything that he's doing at the club, despite his boasts of having plenty of cash.

We are also on course to make a profit... That's what he said before he took a loan out with fpp..

Does anyone actually believe a word he says any more?
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 234
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-28, 9:27 am

oldblackcat wrote:I said before Jack Ross was sacked that sacking the manager isn't always the solution.

I'll say this now....getting rid of the owner isn't the solution to the present problem

What is the solution isn't as easy as sacking the manager or getting rid of the owner if it was we wouldn't find ourselves in our current predicament, after all how many times have we changed manager in the last ten years?

First problem I see at the moment are the four fans organisations (for want of a better description) which have issued this statement. Lets face it one of the problems which was levelled at the last owner was lack of communication so when Stewart Donald took charge the first thing he did was change that which I think was a good move initially.He described the club as "ours" rather than mine and listened to the fans and tried his very best to give them what they wanted.But like a spoilt child who is given everything the first time you refuse to give it what it wants it throws a tantrum.In my opinion one of the mistakes that Donald has made is listening to the organisations that claim to represent our fanbase too much...so much that they think they own the club and they know better than the owner. True, the club would be nothing without the fans and they have backed the club and deserve to see a team to be proud of, but the majority still think we are a massive club that should win every game in this division...if only things were so easy

Give us red seats....easily done   change the entrance music....easily done   let us name the stand....easily done  
 give us a team to be proud of....arguably done last season with 2 trips to Wembley (but slightly let down by lack of promotion)
sack the manager...easily done 

All the above were what the fans wanted and got now they want rid of this manager and because it dosen't look like happening they turn on the owner.

Don't get me wrong at the minute I have serious doubts that we will even make the play offs with this manager but is sacking him  the answer....I think back to a statement I read when people wanted Ross out...."what's the worst that could happen with changing the manager and we don't get promotion because we won't get it with Ross"

Has the wrong manager been appointed...at the moment it looks like it but who was the right appointment? there was no clear favorite as I can recall

Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?

Rather than call for the owner to go these fans organisations need to get behind both him and the team (however hard that maybe at this time) and remember they wanted a new manager and they got one...and before everyone scream about how he's useless how could we tell before we appointed  him? There's no guarantee that appointing someone else would have been better...indeed I don't think the managers we have had have been the problem, I think the structure of the club is what's to blame. To Donald's credit he looks like he's trying to fix it but he needs to be a strong owner and rather than stay silent during these bad times he needs to come out with a statement to reassure the fans that things are being put right.
Spot on OBC, things are bad, very bad and when we had a minority like Steve who can only ever moan and groan without showing any kind of support I could take it.

But now major fans groups are joining in and it makes me very uncomfortable.

Steve wants Donald and Parkinson out but never comes up with answers, just problems, the easy option. Many want SKP in without any thought of experience and success in management.

The fans will drive Donald out and I could well follow, appetite gone.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-28, 9:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:I said before Jack Ross was sacked that sacking the manager isn't always the solution.

I'll say this now....getting rid of the owner isn't the solution to the present problem

What is the solution isn't as easy as sacking the manager or getting rid of the owner if it was we wouldn't find ourselves in our current predicament, after all how many times have we changed manager in the last ten years?

First problem I see at the moment are the four fans organisations (for want of a better description) which have issued this statement. Lets face it one of the problems which was levelled at the last owner was lack of communication so when Stewart Donald took charge the first thing he did was change that which I think was a good move initially.He described the club as "ours" rather than mine and listened to the fans and tried his very best to give them what they wanted.But like a spoilt child who is given everything the first time you refuse to give it what it wants it throws a tantrum.In my opinion one of the mistakes that Donald has made is listening to the organisations that claim to represent our fanbase too much...so much that they think they own the club and they know better than the owner. True, the club would be nothing without the fans and they have backed the club and deserve to see a team to be proud of, but the majority still think we are a massive club that should win every game in this division...if only things were so easy

Give us red seats....easily done   change the entrance music....easily done   let us name the stand....easily done  
 give us a team to be proud of....arguably done last season with 2 trips to Wembley (but slightly let down by lack of promotion)
sack the manager...easily done 

All the above were what the fans wanted and got now they want rid of this manager and because it dosen't look like happening they turn on the owner.

Don't get me wrong at the minute I have serious doubts that we will even make the play offs with this manager but is sacking him  the answer....I think back to a statement I read when people wanted Ross out...."what's the worst that could happen with changing the manager and we don't get promotion because we won't get it with Ross"

Has the wrong manager been appointed...at the moment it looks like it but who was the right appointment? there was no clear favorite as I can recall

Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?

Rather than call for the owner to go these fans organisations need to get behind both him and the team (however hard that maybe at this time) and remember they wanted a new manager and they got one...and before everyone scream about how he's useless how could we tell before we appointed  him? There's no guarantee that appointing someone else would have been better...indeed I don't think the managers we have had have been the problem, I think the structure of the club is what's to blame. To Donald's credit he looks like he's trying to fix it but he needs to be a strong owner and rather than stay silent during these bad times he needs to come out with a statement to reassure the fans that things are being put right.
Spot on OBC, things are bad, very bad and when we had a minority like Steve who can only ever moan and groan without showing any kind of support I could take it.

But now major fans groups are joining in and it makes me very uncomfortable.

Steve wants Donald and Parkinson out but never comes up with answers, just problems, the easy option. Many want SKP in without any thought of experience and success in management.

The fans will drive Donald out and I could well follow, appetite gone.
You're ever so wrong in associating Steve with fans.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 368
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-12-28, 10:49 am

oldblackcat wrote:I said before Jack Ross was sacked that sacking the manager isn't always the solution.

I'll say this now....getting rid of the owner isn't the solution to the present problem

What is the solution isn't as easy as sacking the manager or getting rid of the owner if it was we wouldn't find ourselves in our current predicament, after all how many times have we changed manager in the last ten years?

First problem I see at the moment are the four fans organisations (for want of a better description) which have issued this statement. Lets face it one of the problems which was levelled at the last owner was lack of communication so when Stewart Donald took charge the first thing he did was change that which I think was a good move initially.He described the club as "ours" rather than mine and listened to the fans and tried his very best to give them what they wanted.But like a spoilt child who is given everything the first time you refuse to give it what it wants it throws a tantrum.In my opinion one of the mistakes that Donald has made is listening to the organisations that claim to represent our fanbase too much...so much that they think they own the club and they know better than the owner. True, the club would be nothing without the fans and they have backed the club and deserve to see a team to be proud of, but the majority still think we are a massive club that should win every game in this division...if only things were so easy

Give us red seats....easily done   change the entrance music....easily done   let us name the stand....easily done  
 give us a team to be proud of....arguably done last season with 2 trips to Wembley (but slightly let down by lack of promotion)
sack the manager...easily done 

All the above were what the fans wanted and got now they want rid of this manager and because it dosen't look like happening they turn on the owner.

Don't get me wrong at the minute I have serious doubts that we will even make the play offs with this manager but is sacking him  the answer....I think back to a statement I read when people wanted Ross out...."what's the worst that could happen with changing the manager and we don't get promotion because we won't get it with Ross"

Has the wrong manager been appointed...at the moment it looks like it but who was the right appointment? there was no clear favorite as I can recall

Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?

Rather than call for the owner to go these fans organisations need to get behind both him and the team (however hard that maybe at this time) and remember they wanted a new manager and they got one...and before everyone scream about how he's useless how could we tell before we appointed  him? There's no guarantee that appointing someone else would have been better...indeed I don't think the managers we have had have been the problem, I think the structure of the club is what's to blame. To Donald's credit he looks like he's trying to fix it but he needs to be a strong owner and rather than stay silent during these bad times he needs to come out with a statement to reassure the fans that things are being put right.
The best post i have read for a very long time  APPL APPL APPL

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2913
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Vincemac on 2019-12-28, 12:44 pm

Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?






If we had appointed SKP ANDIT WENT WRONG 
I think everyone would of said well we tried 
Let’s move on 
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7844
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-28, 12:48 pm

Don't judge a man when things are going well, judge him when the shit hits the fan. That time is now.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 368
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-12-28, 2:25 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Could have gone with Pearson or Stendel, but no... He goes for the cheap option.

He's got loads of money to compete in this league, he says... Ha!.. OK Donald, whatever you say. You're certainly not showing any intent to get out of this league by proving that statement.

He goes for the cheap option in everything that he's doing at the club, despite his boasts of having plenty of cash.

We are also on course to make a profit... That's what he said before he took a loan out with fpp..

Does anyone actually believe a word he says any more?
Why Pearson?....because he's a psycho and the players would be scared and do what he wanted? Wouldn't work mate it's a different era now....tried it anyway when we put Kevin Ball in charge, maybe a bit different in that the players respected him but he only won 1 league game when he was in charge twice

Stendel….what prevented him joining Hearts was a legal wrangle (which is still going on) he's had a great impact btw hasn't won a game yet

Cheap option....explain this please (and how do you know)

Your problem Steve is that you don't realise we aren't a premier league team anymore...unfortunately we are third division

Just point out something out to you...until 1958 we were the only team never to play outside the top flight and despite splashing out big money for that era,( that and previous seasons) we were relegated

Problem is YOU Steve and like minded moronic pricks Mad
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-28, 2:30 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:Could have gone with Pearson or Stendel, but no... He goes for the cheap option.

He's got loads of money to compete in this league, he says... Ha!.. OK Donald, whatever you say. You're certainly not showing any intent to get out of this league by proving that statement.

He goes for the cheap option in everything that he's doing at the club, despite his boasts of having plenty of cash.

We are also on course to make a profit... That's what he said before he took a loan out with fpp..

Does anyone actually believe a word he says any more?
Why Pearson?....because he's a psycho and the players would be scared and do what he wanted? Wouldn't work mate it's a different era now....tried it anyway when we put Kevin Ball in charge, maybe a bit different in that the players respected him but he only won 1 league game when he was in charge twice

Stendel….what prevented him joining Hearts was a legal wrangle (which is still going on) he's had a great impact btw hasn't won a game yet

Cheap option....explain this please (and how do you know)

Your problem Steve is that you don't realise we aren't a premier league team anymore...unfortunately we are third division

Just point out something out to you...until 1958 we were the only team never to play outside the top flight and despite splashing out big money for that era,( that and previous seasons) we were relegated

Problem is YOU Steve and like minded moronic pricks Mad
Well well, oldackcat seems like you have taken a leaf out of my book.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 368
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-28, 3:39 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:I said before Jack Ross was sacked that sacking the manager isn't always the solution.

I'll say this now....getting rid of the owner isn't the solution to the present problem

What is the solution isn't as easy as sacking the manager or getting rid of the owner if it was we wouldn't find ourselves in our current predicament, after all how many times have we changed manager in the last ten years?

First problem I see at the moment are the four fans organisations (for want of a better description) which have issued this statement. Lets face it one of the problems which was levelled at the last owner was lack of communication so when Stewart Donald took charge the first thing he did was change that which I think was a good move initially.He described the club as "ours" rather than mine and listened to the fans and tried his very best to give them what they wanted.But like a spoilt child who is given everything the first time you refuse to give it what it wants it throws a tantrum.In my opinion one of the mistakes that Donald has made is listening to the organisations that claim to represent our fanbase too much...so much that they think they own the club and they know better than the owner. True, the club would be nothing without the fans and they have backed the club and deserve to see a team to be proud of, but the majority still think we are a massive club that should win every game in this division...if only things were so easy

Give us red seats....easily done   change the entrance music....easily done   let us name the stand....easily done  
 give us a team to be proud of....arguably done last season with 2 trips to Wembley (but slightly let down by lack of promotion)
sack the manager...easily done 

All the above were what the fans wanted and got now they want rid of this manager and because it dosen't look like happening they turn on the owner.

Don't get me wrong at the minute I have serious doubts that we will even make the play offs with this manager but is sacking him  the answer....I think back to a statement I read when people wanted Ross out...."what's the worst that could happen with changing the manager and we don't get promotion because we won't get it with Ross"

Has the wrong manager been appointed...at the moment it looks like it but who was the right appointment? there was no clear favorite as I can recall

Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?

Rather than call for the owner to go these fans organisations need to get behind both him and the team (however hard that maybe at this time) and remember they wanted a new manager and they got one...and before everyone scream about how he's useless how could we tell before we appointed  him? There's no guarantee that appointing someone else would have been better...indeed I don't think the managers we have had have been the problem, I think the structure of the club is what's to blame. To Donald's credit he looks like he's trying to fix it but he needs to be a strong owner and rather than stay silent during these bad times he needs to come out with a statement to reassure the fans that things are being put right.
The best post i have read for a very long time  APPL APPL APPL
Sorry but I think it's garbage. Roker Report, A love Supreme and the others are full of fans  - don't doubt it. This is massively rare for a statement to be made like that by all those organisations.  they are right to point to the fact that we have fallen to ourlowest point everAlso if Donald has made all those decisions purely on fan demand means then he clearly cannot run the club very well. (However there and s now a mass majority of fans wanting Parkinson out and this time they are right and should be listened to  Smile )
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-12-28, 4:46 pm

Kipper wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:I said before Jack Ross was sacked that sacking the manager isn't always the solution.

I'll say this now....getting rid of the owner isn't the solution to the present problem

What is the solution isn't as easy as sacking the manager or getting rid of the owner if it was we wouldn't find ourselves in our current predicament, after all how many times have we changed manager in the last ten years?

First problem I see at the moment are the four fans organisations (for want of a better description) which have issued this statement. Lets face it one of the problems which was levelled at the last owner was lack of communication so when Stewart Donald took charge the first thing he did was change that which I think was a good move initially.He described the club as "ours" rather than mine and listened to the fans and tried his very best to give them what they wanted.But like a spoilt child who is given everything the first time you refuse to give it what it wants it throws a tantrum.In my opinion one of the mistakes that Donald has made is listening to the organisations that claim to represent our fanbase too much...so much that they think they own the club and they know better than the owner. True, the club would be nothing without the fans and they have backed the club and deserve to see a team to be proud of, but the majority still think we are a massive club that should win every game in this division...if only things were so easy

Give us red seats....easily done   change the entrance music....easily done   let us name the stand....easily done  
 give us a team to be proud of....arguably done last season with 2 trips to Wembley (but slightly let down by lack of promotion)
sack the manager...easily done 

All the above were what the fans wanted and got now they want rid of this manager and because it dosen't look like happening they turn on the owner.

Don't get me wrong at the minute I have serious doubts that we will even make the play offs with this manager but is sacking him  the answer....I think back to a statement I read when people wanted Ross out...."what's the worst that could happen with changing the manager and we don't get promotion because we won't get it with Ross"

Has the wrong manager been appointed...at the moment it looks like it but who was the right appointment? there was no clear favorite as I can recall

Let's look at another scenario....Phillips was appointed manager unfortunately he has the same record as Parkinson now....do we sack him, do we call for the owner to go?

Rather than call for the owner to go these fans organisations need to get behind both him and the team (however hard that maybe at this time) and remember they wanted a new manager and they got one...and before everyone scream about how he's useless how could we tell before we appointed  him? There's no guarantee that appointing someone else would have been better...indeed I don't think the managers we have had have been the problem, I think the structure of the club is what's to blame. To Donald's credit he looks like he's trying to fix it but he needs to be a strong owner and rather than stay silent during these bad times he needs to come out with a statement to reassure the fans that things are being put right.
The best post i have read for a very long time  APPL APPL APPL
Sorry but I think it's garbage. Roker Report, A love Supreme and the others are full of fans  - don't doubt it. This is massively rare for a statement to be made like that by all those organisations.  they are right to point to the fact that we have fallen to ourlowest point everAlso if Donald has made all those decisions purely on fan demand means then he clearly cannot run the club very well. (However there and s now a mass majority of fans wanting Parkinson out and this time they are right and should be listened to  Smile )
And how many representatives of those organisations actually wrote that statement and did all members approve of it?
Smacks of the power mad few!!and hardly the majority!

Yes we are all frustrated, but as I said the other day Donald must choose to change before transfer window or back manager’s judgement with appropriate financial support.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2462
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 64
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-28, 6:29 pm

Some fans need to calm down on here. Calling me a moron, a prick and a non fan?

The argument is already lost imo if posters are just going to attack me and other fans who happen to have a different opinion.

Apathy and lack of ambition is already starting to sweep across this board
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 234
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-12-28, 6:45 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Some fans need to calm down on here. Calling me a moron, a prick and a non fan?

The argument is already lost imo if posters are just going to attack me and other fans who happen to have a different opinion.

Apathy and lack of ambition is already starting to sweep across this board
Not worth a man of your calibre staying then is it?
avatar
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4346
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 82
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-12-28, 6:55 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Some fans need to calm down on here. Calling me a moron, a prick and a non fan?

The argument is already lost imo if posters are just going to attack me and other fans who happen to have a different opinion.

Apathy and lack of ambition is already starting to sweep across this board
Answer the questions on your statements then
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  canary-dave on 2019-12-28, 7:45 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:Some fans need to calm down on here. Calling me a moron, a prick and a non fan?

The argument is already lost imo if posters are just going to attack me and other fans who happen to have a different opinion.

Apathy and lack of ambition is already starting to sweep across this board
Answer the questions on your statements then

He can't Paul, mainly because he is a moron, a prick and a non fan 


I have known you for a few years now and I have never known you to be wrong!

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14912
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-28, 8:06 pm

No wonder this board is fairly quiet if a poster gets crap for daring to have a different opinion.
🚪
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 234
Join date : 2019-10-21

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-28, 8:14 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:Some fans need to calm down on here. Calling me a moron, a prick and a non fan?

The argument is already lost imo if posters are just going to attack me and other fans who happen to have a different opinion.

Apathy and lack of ambition is already starting to sweep across this board
Not worth a man of your calibre staying then is it?
Do we know Steve is a man, could be a child, could be a woman. But not a Sunderland fan.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 368
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  canary-dave on 2019-12-28, 8:22 pm

Steve30000 wrote:No wonder this board is fairly quiet if a poster gets crap for daring to have a different opinion.
🚪

So still not able to provide any answers  dsn dsn

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14912
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-12-28, 8:46 pm

Steve30000 wrote:No wonder this board is fairly quiet if a poster gets crap for daring to have a different opinion.
🚪
Answer the question on your statement then
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 59
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-29, 11:32 am

As a club we are in a very dark place right now, but I don't believe calling other posters names and 'ganging' up on them is an appropriate way to vent our dissatisfaction with performances by the players, the manager, the board or the owners.

Steve30000 may be 'Mr Negative' (am almost certain he is a mister!) but his opinion is just that - HIS opinion and HIS view - and he is entitled to express those views as long as he follows the only two rules on this forum; "no abuse" and "respect others opinions even if you disagree".

Now occasionally we all get a little heated - but in the main these rules have served us well so can we all try and remember them - especially in this holiday season of peace and goodwill to all men (and women).

Thank you! Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10353
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-29, 11:40 am

Hieronymus wrote:As a club we are in a very dark place right now, but I don't believe calling other posters names and 'ganging' up on them is an appropriate way to vent our dissatisfaction with performances by the players, the manager, the board or the owners.

Steve30000 may be 'Mr Negative' (am almost certain he is a mister!) but his opinion is just that - HIS opinion and HIS view - and he is entitled to express those views as long as he follows the only two rules on this forum; "no abuse" and "respect others opinions even if you disagree".

Now occasionally we all get a little heated - but in the main these rules have served us well so can we all try and remember them - especially in this holiday season of peace and goodwill to all men (and women).

Thank you! Smile
Well said H
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1608
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-29, 2:03 pm

Hieronymus wrote:As a club we are in a very dark place right now, but I don't believe calling other posters names and 'ganging' up on them is an appropriate way to vent our dissatisfaction with performances by the players, the manager, the board or the owners.

Steve30000 may be 'Mr Negative' (am almost certain he is a mister!) but his opinion is just that - HIS opinion and HIS view - and he is entitled to express those views as long as he follows the only two rules on this forum; "no abuse" and "respect others opinions even if you disagree".

Now occasionally we all get a little heated - but in the main these rules have served us well so can we all try and remember them - especially in this holiday season of peace and goodwill to all men (and women).

Thank you! Smile
APPL APPL

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 50177
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Statement re Donald out Empty Re: Statement re Donald out

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum