SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland v Doncaster Rovers
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  EmptyToday at 9:02 am by barrowmackem

» The January Transfer Window
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  EmptyToday at 8:51 am by cyprussyd

» February is the key
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  EmptyToday at 6:15 am by Nostalgic

» I'm slightly worried
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  EmptyYesterday at 6:03 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» League Table Week 21
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty2020-01-20, 9:07 pm by oxfordshire

» Ground hopping fc new member
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty2020-01-20, 6:03 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 22
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty2020-01-19, 9:01 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» MK Dons v SAFC
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty2020-01-18, 11:19 pm by Safcy

» Man City announcement
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty2020-01-18, 1:21 pm by cyprussyd

»  Elliot Embleton
Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty2020-01-17, 7:55 pm by gil t azell

Championship bubble waiting to burst?

Go down

Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty Championship bubble waiting to burst?

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-12, 8:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A little excerpt:

The Championship is a "bubble waiting to burst" because clubs are posting record losses in a "gamble" to reach the Premier League.

Former Wigan chairman David Sharpe, who sold the club in 2018, said the situation is "frightening" - following a BBC Radio 5 Live Investigation Unit analysis of the Championship's finances.

The analysis, conducted with accountants Deloitte and football finance experts Vysyble, found:

Championship sides ran up a record high total of £307m in pre-tax losses in 2017-18
Despite the league also bringing in its highest-ever revenue of £749m, overall spending on player and staff wages exceeded clubs' revenue by 11%
That gap is expected to widen to an all-time high for 2018-19
More than half of clubs are spending more on wages than they make in income.
Many teams are recording significant losses over one or two seasons in an attempt to gain promotion to the Premier League

Bet SD is happy to just bob along in league one, spending next to nothing, hoping for someone to buy this club.
Despite his claim that he wants us to get promoted, do you think he'll spend the money needed to mount a promotion charge again in that league? 💰💰💰
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty Re: Championship bubble waiting to burst?

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-12, 1:22 pm

I think this post explains and confirms why Donald is spot on in what he is trying to do. He is criticised for not spending but it was sill spending that got us and is getting many more into trouble.

Will we spend if promoted, yes we will.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Championship bubble waiting to burst?  Empty Re: Championship bubble waiting to burst?

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-12, 1:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I think this post explains and confirms why Donald is spot on in what he is trying to do. He is criticised for not spending but it was sill spending that got us and is getting many more into trouble.

Not going to happen this season though. 

I see what Donald has been trying to do, but at the same time, if we were to improve on last season we needed to strengthen our squad not weaken it.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-12, 1:55 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I think this post explains and confirms why Donald is spot on in what he is trying to do. He is criticised for not spending but it was sill spending that got us and is getting many more into trouble.

I see what Donald has been trying to do, but at the same time, if we were to improve on last season we needed to strengthen our squad not weaken it.
With hindsight yes we look weaker but,

Gone
Catts, big salary, getting on a bit, lots in midfield who could take his place, I remember many of us thinking that at the time.

Oveido, good pro but we had Hume

Willis and Lynch improvement on Flannagan and Ozturk?

McNulty step up from Grigg and Wylke

I thought they all looked decent improvements at the time

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-12, 2:04 pm

Having a dinosaur in charge of the team isn't helping.
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-12-12, 2:10 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

With hindsight yes we look weaker but,

Gone
Catts, big salary, getting on a bit, lots in midfield who could take his place, I remember many of us thinking that at the time.

Oveido, good pro but we had Hume

Willis and Lynch improvement on Flannagan and Ozturk?

McNulty step up from Grigg and Wylke

I thought they all looked decent improvements at the time
Yes OK some things seemed to make sense at the time. Although to me, getting rid of Honeyman didn't. Hume is great but if he's out we have no replacement. Morgan was a useful player in the squad. The right back situation didn't improve - says something when our best right back is an attacking midfielder.

Central defence is better. McNulty is better than what we had, shame Parkinson doesn't seem to want to play him.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-12, 2:16 pm

Mcnulty can't play in a long ball system. Maybe if we put the ball on the floor, instead of aimless up in the air punts, performances and attitudes would change?

Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-12-12, 9:26 pm

Music to my ears, hope its the prem next.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-12, 10:11 pm

I thought Donald said that spending in this league to compete for promotion was not a problem?

He'll not cope in the championship, but he said we can easily spend in this league.

Strange how we're on the verge of getting rid of our best players..
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-12-13, 4:35 pm

Kipper wrote:

I aint ruling it out yet.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-13, 6:44 pm

Who's as good as McGeady in this league? Will we spend the amount to get that replacement? Will parkinson go for that type of player anyway?

He'll spend it on long ball merchants
Steve30000
Steve30000
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum