SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

our current crop

Go down

our current crop Empty our current crop

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-11-28, 10:49 am

Simple, are they good enough for promotion? if so is it just a dip in form? or is it the manager that is failing to get the best out of them?
If they are not good enough for promotion then its hardly the managers fault what he inherited.
thoughts?

Last edited by barrowmackem on 2019-11-29, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

our current crop Empty Re: our current crop

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-28, 11:02 am

Bit of both I believe, but are the ones that are good enough giving it their all. and are the ones that are trying good enough.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-28, 12:12 pm

wanderer wrote:Bit of both I believe, but are the ones that are good enough giving it their all. and are the ones that are trying good enough.
You'd need to analyse every player, but our strikers aren't good enough. McNulty probably is and I'd play him with Kimpioka but time to cut our losses with Grigg and Wyke is not the answer either.

Of the others, I don't think Leadbitter or McLaughlin (C) are good enough. Many of the others are just underperforming and hopefully will come good again. What we need is a team of Luke O'Niens who is perfectly good enough at this level and is a real tryer. 

The manager needs to get ruthless, be bold, try players that haven't had much of a look, motivate the team and get them playing more positively. At the moment he seems a very poor imitation of Ross. Try something different!
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-28, 5:14 pm

A big puzzle for me because when I look at the squad and their records, especially the strikers, they are more than good enough and have shown the desire, passion and will to win many times in the past.

Why are they not doing it now, if I knew that I would be in the dug out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-28, 7:40 pm

cyprussyd wrote:A big puzzle for me because when I look at the squad and their records, especially the strikers, they are more than good enough and have shown the desire, passion and will to win many times in the past.

Why are they not doing it now, if I knew that I would be in the dug out.
Quite! At least you're admitting it's a puzzle whereas most of us (fans in general) think we have all the answers, and certainly know more than the manager - but of course we do Laughing Laughing
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  trouble_n_stripes on 2019-11-28, 8:07 pm

Forgetting our current form and the predicament we find ourselves in. From near promotion last season via the playoffs.

With basically the same squad could you actually see us doing any good in the championship with this lot if we were to (by some minor miracle) get promoted this season? I personally think we will be similar to where  Barnsley and Luton find themselves.

I have got to the point of, I would not say disinterested but to the point of accepting we are going to be a league 1 side for much longer than anticipated, unless things change drastically on/off the pitch.
trouble_n_stripes
trouble_n_stripes
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-11-28, 9:12 pm

But did we not know all the answers at the beginning of last season when a majority were all for the approach by the new owners of clearing out big earners in favour of third division quality who "understood" this league.  The lack of quality can be traced back to then, possibly worsened by their capitulation over JR.  I honestly feel that we are lost right now and even with further funding by the new investors, no matter who we go in for the price will double.  We need quality to achieve stability and success, God knows how we measure that, and no one seems to aim high at the club, or are willing to fund it.

The old saying about speculating seems pretty apt right now.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-11-29, 8:53 am

That appears to be the problem. Why are we where we are?. Which is why are we losing more than we are winning?
Managers job to sort. End of.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-11-29, 6:15 pm

oxfordshire wrote:That appears to be the problem. Why are we where we are?. Which is why are we losing more than we are winning?
Managers job to sort. End of.

Hence the reason I think the bloke deserves at least one transfer window if not two or three.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-11-29, 10:26 pm

I think a lot of it is the pressure they are feeling - they are well aware of the disappointment of last season and the absolute requirement to get promoted this season and they don't seem able to cope with that pressure and when things are not gong well they just crumble - same as happened in the Championship - heads dropped and they couldn't get it back together again

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-12-03, 3:32 am

fitz wrote:I think a lot of it is the pressure they are feeling - they are well aware of the disappointment of last season and the absolute requirement to get promoted this season and they don't seem able to cope with that pressure and when things are not gong well they just crumble - same as happened in the Championship - heads dropped and they couldn't get it back together again
They need to be guided & shown what they do well, rather than allowing themselves to read/be told what they've done wrong.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-12-03, 11:22 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
fitz wrote:I think a lot of it is the pressure they are feeling - they are well aware of the disappointment of last season and the absolute requirement to get promoted this season and they don't seem able to cope with that pressure and when things are not gong well they just crumble - same as happened in the Championship - heads dropped and they couldn't get it back together again
They need to be guided & shown what they do well, rather than allowing themselves to read/be told what they've done wrong.

that would require competent management and coaching so....

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-12-04, 2:22 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:Bit of both I believe, but are the ones that are good enough giving it their all. and are the ones that are trying good enough.
You'd need to analyse every player, but our strikers aren't good enough. McNulty probably is and I'd play him with Kimpioka but time to cut our losses with Grigg and Wyke is not the answer either.

Of the others, I don't think Leadbitter or McLaughlin (C) are good enough. Many of the others are just underperforming and hopefully will come good again. What we need is a team of Luke O'Niens who is perfectly good enough at this level and is a real tryer. 

The manager needs to get ruthless, be bold, try players that haven't had much of a look, motivate the team and get them playing more positively. At the moment he seems a very poor imitation of Ross. Try something different!
Pretty much this 
Together with hard work and commitment
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-12-04, 4:53 pm

Can't argue with a lot of what has been said above.

For me the biggest problem is that we do not have a leader on the pitch and most successful teams have at least one and better to have several. 

In Burge we have a good keeper and the back four are not far away from being sound, though I would prefer a new right back to allow O'Nien to be used elsewhere. There greatest challenge is that clearances come straight back, because midfield still not balanced and doesn't dominate games and no one up front to hold the ball up.

We desperately need someone in midfield who dominates and conducts play and those around him. We miss Catts, but we need someone new and experienced (not old). Leadbitter not good enough!!

Forwards? 

Will Grigg has only performed at Wigan and even then 53 goals in 133 games is not that prolific. He is not the answer and we may have to take a hit and sell!!
Wyke has not been fit since he came. His best was at Carlisle with 32 goals in 77 and then 22 in 56 at Bradford. He works hard, chases back and is a presence upfront, in my opinion if fit, the best we have got!!
McNulty, a better footballer but not a target man. He would play better off Wyke. His best was at Coventry.
Kimpioka is very raw, best we can do is use him as an impact sub.

If Parkinson is looking for 5 new players ......... please not more of the same! They must be a marked improvement all round.

I still believe that if we can up our game just a little and start converting chances we can still win promotion.
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-12-04, 10:41 pm

He's not getting the best out of these players.. And using tactics that isn't working.

Definitely the managers fault
Steve30000
Steve30000
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer Yesterday at 7:25 am

Steve30000 wrote:He's not getting the best out of these players.. And using tactics that isn't working.

Definitely the managers fault
Apart from the last 4 words I agree.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: