SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

Sunderland Manager

Go down

Sunderland Manager Empty Sunderland Manager

Post  Panther on 2019-11-27, 12:13 pm

When he was first appointed I mentioned that Phil Parkinson was nowhere near the calibre required for Sunderland Football Club. My personal choice would have been Nigel Adkins who, imo, would have bonded a team together and quickly endeared himself to the Sunderland fans. Under Phil, Sunderland has played 11 and won 2. Simply not good enough especially at this level where Sunderland should be sitting atop League 1 with promotion looking assured.
Panther
Panther
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Sunderland Manager Empty Re: Sunderland Manager

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-27, 12:39 pm

Panther wrote:When he was first appointed I mentioned that Phil Parkinson was nowhere near the calibre required for Sunderland Football Club. My personal choice would have been Nigel Adkins who, imo, would have bonded a team together and quickly endeared himself to the Sunderland fans. Under Phil, Sunderland has played 11 and won 2. Simply not good enough especially at this level where Sunderland should be sitting atop League 1 with promotion looking assured.
You might just be right about Parkinson.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-11-27, 2:11 pm

The merry go round of changing managers has to stop at some point,do you stick with Parkinson and hope he turns it around,on the other hand if we do it could be too late.
I think on this occasion he needs to go as it’s simply not good enough and as someone has said a big character someone with balls,warnock,Pearson,cook even Adkins , one thing Is for sure results need to change and quickly

paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-27, 2:57 pm

paddocklad wrote:The merry go round of changing managers has to stop at some point,do you stick with Parkinson and hope he turns it around,on the other hand if we do it could be too late.
I think on this occasion he needs to go as it’s simply not good enough and as someone has said a big character someone with balls,warnock,Pearson,cook even Adkins , one thing Is for sure results need to change and quickly

Agreed. Let it not stop at Parkinson though. I was convinced for a long time that Ross was the answer. Maybe he was - maybe the real downfall was the recruitment team. 

Donald has some tough decisions to make. My vote is to get a new recruitment team and a new manager. I can't see him sacking Parky though - he will have no doubt made the point to the new investors that constant merrygoround is where Sunderland fell apart previously. However, he's going to look shit either way - he can't allow the slide to continue. I've a huge amount of time for Donald but he needs to correct this mistake and take some bold decisions.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum