SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

question H

Go down

question H Empty question H

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-11-24, 1:24 pm

Just like to ask a Labour representative a couple of things....

In my opinion Jeremy Corbyn has totally bottled it with his stance on Brexit saying he's staying neutral...I take that as he wants to stay in the EU but is afraid to say so incase he loses votes....correct me if I'm wrong but the vast majority of seats that a Labour representative hold voted to leave the EU? Jeremy quote- "Give the people the final say"....what like we had three and a half year ago??

Here in the Sunderland/Washington area 3 women Labour mp's, Sharon Hodgson (Washington) in particular wish to remain in the EU.
Hodgson was recently on the TV saying she wanted to do what her constituents wanted so she would battle to stay in the EU safe guard jobs blah blah waffle. Pardon me...your constituents want to leave which is why you have your seat. So why should I vote for Sharon Hodgson now?

Serious question as on social media quite a few people in this area that voted Labour are now saying that as these three women, mainly Sharon Hodgson are saying we should remain in the EU and should have another vote so they won't vote for them in this election. Probably not affect the final result as Labour usually win but should we not be getting more people to vote Labour rather than lose a few more?

Now Trish I know that you voted remain and I voted to Leave the EU and probably nothing I say to you would change your mind on the issue (likewise you to me)...but if you believe in democracy and you have a democratic vote and the majority of the people vote for something why aren't the wishes carried out? why should they have any belief that their further wishes are respected and carried out by their so called representitives? Why vote for them again?

It really makes my blood boil when several of the leaders in these debates think I voted leave because what was written on the side of a bus as well...sorry I'm not stupid but I believe they are for thinking I am

One thing I do know....just because Boris is promising to get us out of the EU there's no way I'm voting for him or the Conservatives...In my opinion they have taken the country back to the Victorian era...can there ever have been a crueler government?

I have no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn whatsoever though for reasons that we could all debate and argue about endlessly but not voting for him could keep the Conservatives in power and make things worse....heads battered confused
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

question H Empty Re: question H

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-24, 2:23 pm

Sorry to but in, you need to learn that we the voters are just a hindrance to MPs.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-11-24, 2:58 pm

Example of what I'm saying H.....copied and pasted from facebook from someone I know well......all because their Labour mp says its best to remain

Postal votes here.... for the first time in my life I.ll be voting conservative..... I.d rather vote for the brexit party but they haven't got a chance of winning in this seat .... the only chance to get rid of this Labour MP is to vote Tory

[size=11]

1 comment
[/size]
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-11-24, 8:04 pm

I think social media has a lot to answer for. I have said on another thread that the vast majority of MPs are not doing the job for themselves, or for the good of their health.

We all had our reasons for voting as we did - I was 60/40 myself and only ended up voting Remain because I always prefer to work cooperatively and collaboratively to change things, and I believe it is easier from within the 'club' than outside of it. But I was never sure it was the right decision and still am not.

I also understand the anger - but I truly believe a Hard Brexit will only benefit Boris Johnson and his cronies, while ordinary working class people will suffer and suffer and suffer. And that is what most Labour MPs believe too. Because they see everyday the people who are already suffering - everyone knows someone who has a story to tell about austerity and the impact on them or their family.

What I definitely know is all this arguing and nastiness and anger has to STOP!

Just look at the current government and ask yourself "Are these Tories on MY side and the side of my children and grandchildren? Or is the party that was begun by working people, for working people, more likely to have my best interests at heart, even if I do not agree with everything they say and do?"

Do you agree with Labour's policy to invest in the NHS - to build new hospitals and recruit doctors and nurses? To invest in schools and teachers? To ensure no one has to pay for social care? To scrap Universal Credit? To stop PIP and Work Capability Assessments for the disabled? I can go on but hope I don't need to. And yes the money is there to do this - we are the 5th richest economy in the world!! Boris and his mates just want to divert all the money into their pockets instead of the pockets of the working class, like they have been doing for the last 10 years.

Why do you think that the attacks are so fierce on Corbyn and the Labour party? Because the powerful corporations and vested interests, who fund the Tory party for a reason, are terrified this time the working people of Britain have seen through all the lies and spin. They are scared people will vote for real change - to a system that works for everyone - not just the elite, privileged few, who believe they are entitled to rule.

I truly believe Labour is the answer - our manifesto is as radical as 1945 - when the country was broken and yet Labour managed to create the NHS, nationalise coal, rail, energy and water and build hundreds of thousands of council homes. Why can we not do it again? Why SHOULD we not do it again?

Can't say any more - am exhausted as have been out all day knocking on doors and listening to people tell me their stories. It is heartbreaking and infuriating all at once. But, if I have to, I will knock on every door and ring every bell in the constituency, all 900 square miles of it, so at least I can say come December 13th, I did my very best.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-11-24, 8:28 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I think social media has a lot to answer for. I have said on another thread that the vast majority of MPs are not doing the job for themselves, or for the good of their health.

We all had our reasons for voting as we did - I was 60/40 myself and only ended up voting Remain because I always prefer to work cooperatively and collaboratively to change things, and I believe it is easier from within the 'club' than outside of it. But I was never sure it was the right decision and still am not.

I also understand the anger - but I truly believe a Hard Brexit will only benefit Boris Johnson and his cronies, while ordinary working class people will suffer and suffer and suffer. And that is what most Labour MPs believe too. Because they see everyday the people who are already suffering - everyone knows someone who has a story to tell about austerity and the impact on them or their family.

What I definitely know is all this arguing and nastiness and anger has to STOP!

Just look at the current government and ask yourself "Are these Tories on MY side and the side of my children and grandchildren? Or is the party that was begun by working people, for working people, more likely to have my best interests at heart, even if I do not agree with everything they say and do?"

Do you agree with Labour's policy to invest in the NHS - to build new hospitals and recruit doctors and nurses? To invest in schools and teachers? To ensure no one has to pay for social care? To scrap Universal Credit? To stop PIP and Work Capability Assessments for the disabled? I can go on but hope I don't need to. And yes the money is there to do this - we are the 5th richest economy in the world!! Boris and his mates just want to divert all the money into their pockets instead of the pockets of the working class, like they have been doing for the last 10 years.

Why do you think that the attacks are so fierce on Corbyn and the Labour party? Because the powerful corporations and vested interests, who fund the Tory party for a reason, are terrified this time the working people of Britain have seen through all the lies and spin. They are scared people will vote for real change - to a system that works for everyone - not just the elite, privileged few, who believe they are entitled to rule.

I truly believe Labour is the answer - our manifesto is as radical as 1945 - when the country was broken and yet Labour managed to create the NHS, nationalise coal, rail, energy and water and build hundreds of thousands of council homes. Why can we not do it again? Why SHOULD we not do it again?

Can't say any more - am exhausted as have been out all day knocking on doors and listening to people tell me their stories. It is heartbreaking and infuriating all at once. But, if I have to, I will knock on every door and ring every bell in the constituency, all 900 square miles of it, so at least I can say come December 13th, I did my very best.
Good luck in your efforts H. As I see it there seems to be a propensity among voters to reiterate their belief of their stay/leave vote and nobody is looking far enough ahead to build and  protect the future for following generations in our plebeian class.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-11-24, 8:54 pm

Well I am a strong leaver, as I get a postal vote I have already voted, I have voted as I have always voted for Labour, even though Jeremy is talking about yet another referendum. 

If push comes to shove I will definitely vote leave again, not because of bus slogans, not because of immigration but because I want my country to be a sovereign state in its own right, not become a state in the United States of Europe  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum