SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Would there have been as many posts if we had won
would be funny EmptyToday at 10:18 pm by Steve30000

» SACK HIM
would be funny EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by wanderer

» Gillingham vs Sunderland
would be funny EmptyToday at 9:24 pm by fitz

» Trying to think of something positive
would be funny EmptyToday at 9:10 pm by fitz

» REVEALED! Methven explains why he resigned as a director
would be funny EmptyToday at 4:17 pm by Steve30000

» Sunderland Given Double Injury Boost Ahead Of Gillingham Clash
would be funny EmptyYesterday at 4:51 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
would be funny EmptyYesterday at 10:44 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Political debates
would be funny Empty2019-12-05, 9:30 am by wanderer

» our current crop
would be funny Empty2019-12-05, 7:25 am by wanderer

» Would never have guessed
would be funny Empty2019-12-04, 12:17 pm by wanderer

would be funny

Go down

would be funny Empty would be funny

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-11-20, 12:55 pm

If it was happening to someone else.....

At the end of last season a rumbling began among the fans with some believing Jack Ross should have been sacked for failing to deliver promotion. The owners kept their nerve and resisted the call, however after two dismal performances which culminated with only a second defeat of the season they seemed to give in to the fans and relieved Jack Ross of his duties.

Harsh in my opinion, after all we were sixth in the league and had only lost two games whereas the season before after the identical amount of games we were fourth with one defeat. Never mind, the most vocal of the fans got their way and we were getting a new manager. Did the owners bottle it and listen to the wrong fans? after all there appeared to be an even split between sacking the manager. The complaint I had was if they were going to do it fair enough but they seemed to do it without having someone else in mind or lined up for the job.

The appointment of Parkinson was made with an underwhelming response from the fans with many saying he was no good...maybe because they didn't get the manager they wanted? Bearing in mind there was a wide range of people preferred as manager for various reasons and no outstanding favorite choice from the fans. 

So far we have had no new manager "bounce" from the players, only two wins and knocked out of all cup competitions....some fans on social media have had a meltdown....beaten by Scunthorpe a lower league team and knocked out of the FA Cup in the first round by Gillingham....disgraceful, a new low in our history is the cry....probably from the same fans that said they weren't bothered about the cups and we should concentrate on the league! oh, and we should sack the manager before it's too late he'll never get us promoted.....

It would be funny.... if it was happening to someone else!!

Last edited by oldblackcat on 2019-11-20, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a bit)
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

would be funny Empty Re: would be funny

Post  canary-dave on 2019-11-20, 1:04 pm

Everybody wants instant success and turn nasty very quickly, I remember Alec Ferguson going to Man. Ure and waiting three and a half years to sort things out. A little bit of patience worked well for them!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-11-22, 10:30 pm

canary-dave wrote:Everybody wants instant success and turn nasty very quickly, I remember Alec Ferguson going to Man. Ure and waiting three and a half years to sort things out. A little bit of patience worked well for them!
A different era though Dave. BIG money is on offer now.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-11-23, 9:38 am

canary-dave wrote:Everybody wants instant success and turn nasty very quickly, I remember Alec Ferguson going to Man. Ure and waiting three and a half years to sort things out. A little bit of patience worked well for them!
He was just lucky.   Very Happy
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum