SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» February is the key
Political debates - Page 3 EmptyToday at 11:55 am by cyprussyd

» Ground hopping fc new member
Political debates - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:22 pm by Safcy

» MK Dons v SAFC
Political debates - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Safcy

» Man City announcement
Political debates - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 1:21 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 22
Political debates - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 12:52 pm by Hieronymus

»  Elliot Embleton
Political debates - Page 3 Empty2020-01-17, 7:55 pm by gil t azell

» The January Transfer Window
Political debates - Page 3 Empty2020-01-17, 3:12 pm by cyprussyd

» The way forward?
Political debates - Page 3 Empty2020-01-16, 8:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» RESULTS OF WEEK 22 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 23
Political debates - Page 3 Empty2020-01-16, 12:17 pm by Mackemneil

» Results Week 21
Political debates - Page 3 Empty2020-01-16, 8:33 am by cyprussyd

Political debates

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Political debates - Page 3 Empty Re: Political debates

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-11, 2:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-11, 3:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That's not just bad taste its f*cking diabolically the pits.ffs delete it.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-12-11, 6:12 pm

wanderer wrote:
Oh dear, The world according to Wanderer where no-none else is allowed to express an alternative opinion or post humor to lighten up a discussion or mood. Get a grip man & harden up.
Now play nicely children or you'll be spending time out on the naughty step.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-12-11, 8:04 pm

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Oh dear, The world according to Wanderer where no-none else is allowed to express an alternative opinion or post humor to lighten up a discussion or mood. Get a grip man & harden up.
Now play nicely children or you'll be spending time out on the naughty step.

Sorry BCK but you can't expect anyone who votes for this cruel and biassed towards the mega rich Tory party to show any respect. 

It's a case of bugger you Jack, I'm alright  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-12-11, 8:08 pm

Just a quick note to say good luck to H, I hope it goes well for you 

If labour was like new labour I would certainly be getting behind it but I just cannot get on board with how labour is now, seemingly being run by very left wing groups so I don't know that I will vote tomorrow as not one party speaks to me (or seemingly for me) - I was a remainer but not in a hard core fashion - if someone was able to articulate the positives and negatives in a clear and objective manner then I could easily go the other way but it seems like that is impossible and all we get is lies, exaggerations and nonsense.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-12, 12:04 am

fitz wrote:Just a quick note to say good luck to H, I hope it goes well for you 

If labour was like new labour I would certainly be getting behind it but I just cannot get on board with how labour is now, seemingly being run by very left wing groups so I don't know that I will vote tomorrow as not one party speaks to me (or seemingly for me) - I was a remainer but not in a hard core fashion - if someone was able to articulate the positives and negatives in a clear and objective manner then I could easily go the other way but it seems like that is impossible and all we get is lies, exaggerations and nonsense.
It's not left wing radicalism to want to eradicate poverty, or homelessness, or food bank usage, or to properly fund the NHS, or schools, or public services. It's called basic human decency. Don't believe what you may have read or seen in our biased media. We are the 5th richest country in the world and we can afford to do all we want to make our country a better place for the 99% and tackle the climate emergency. And the 1% will pay for it - which is why they are kicking and screaming now.
We are in a different place to 1997, we can't go back there - more like we are at the end of Second World War - when we still managed to set up the NHS, nationalise coal, rail, energy and water and build millions of council houses. We can do it again - and we must because I cannot bear to think what will happen if the Tories get in for 5 more years.  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

And as for brexit - a Labour government will offer another vote on remain or a sensible leave deal with alignment to single market, a customs union, protections for workers rights, the environment and the economy, a deal that also does not threaten the break up of the UK, respects the Good Friday Agreement and the sovereignty of Gibralter.

I have explained it to many people on the doors and this seems to work - think of it as the Tories appealing to the 52% - but ignoring the 48%, with the Fib Dems trying to appeal to the 48% but ignoring the views of the 52%. But Labour is trying to find a middle ground by appealing to moderates who can see a compromise is the only way forward now.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-12, 12:23 am

Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-12-12, 12:29 am

Best wishes H and may the sun shine upon you this weekend.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-12-12, 1:23 am

I find it all very confusing looking on from afar. We have identical debates in Oz but more so as we have a federal government,  state governments and local government (councils) .

Good luck today H. Your electorate deserves someone who cares about them as much as you do and on that basis you should 100% of the votes.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-12-12, 3:40 am

Good luck from me also H and you deserve our respect for giving it a go to make a difference.  

My greatest hope is we get a Labour/coalition government.  If we don't, then only a small Tory majority with enough brexit stayers to prevent Johnson from wrecking the country.

finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross finger cross
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-12, 9:32 am

I am so nervous - but by this time tomorrow it will all be over - unless I win of course! Thanks for your support Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-12, 1:14 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I am so nervous - but by this time tomorrow it will all be over - unless I win of course! Thanks for your support Very Happy
The sitting MP as you know is anne marie trevelyan and if she wins I wonder about the electorate in your neck of the woods

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-12, 3:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:I am so nervous - but by this time tomorrow it will all be over - unless I win of course! Thanks for your support Very Happy
The sitting MP as you know is anne marie trevelyan and if she wins I wonder about the electorate in your neck of the woods
Arch Brexiteer - public school education and does not even hold resident surgeries.

Supported very much by hunting/shooting/fishing crew. But this time we have a lot of landowners and the like who are not fans of Brexit - they worry about farm subsidies etc. but worried they will vote Fib Dem instead of Labour.

But we have done all we could do in the short time we had. We will see what people want come about 3am-4am tomorrow morning.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-12, 4:30 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Arch Brexiteer - public school education and does not even hold resident surgeries.

Supported very much by hunting/shooting/fishing crew. But this time we have a lot of landowners and the like who are not fans of Brexit - they worry about farm subsidies etc. but worried they will vote Fib Dem instead of Labour.

But we have done all we could do in the short time we had. We will see what people want come about 3am-4am tomorrow morning.
I am staying up to see overall result and yours xxx

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-12-12, 7:12 pm

again good luck H (I do though feel labour made a huge mistake in not having someone more like John Smith as its leader - if they had then I feel like they could have walked this election)

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-12-12, 10:24 pm

Exit polls not looking good for Labour.  Predicting down 71 seats. Good to see uk still spelling the word with a u in it whereas they have gone yankee hear spelling Labor. I blame Bill Gates and microsoft for windows spell check now only american english .
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-12-12, 11:29 pm

I was expecting a small con majority but if the exit polls are right it looks like a serious thrashing - which is not good but then I would hate to see the SNP in a position as kingmakers by being able to give labour the votes it needs as it would come at a huge cost - hopefully labour will look at their leadership after this and changes will be made (though it feels like this was the brexit election and it would be interesting to see how it would have fallen had that not been dominating things)

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-13, 12:54 am

heartbroken

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-13, 3:08 pm

cyprussyd wrote:heartbroken
Makes two of us Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man! on 2019-12-13, 4:45 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Trish, I know that you have worked hard to represent the Labour Party in the Berwick election. Unfortunately you did not win on the day and you are understandingly heartbroken. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you at the moment and I really do feel a sadness for you, having worked so hard as you have these past months. I'm sure you will bounce back.

Trish we are unlikely to meet at the SOL as I've stopped going to matches as I will not leave My Marjorie who is slowly getting more frail and needs me more and more to help her. I will not renew my season ticket next season but will go to one more game at the beginning of nest year to say goodbye to the people I have become friends with these past 12 years. I am sad about this for I have supported Sunderland since I was six some 71 years ago.   All the best.

Last edited by Old Man! on 2019-12-13, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Old Man!
Old Man!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-12-13, 5:50 pm

Old Man! wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Trish, I know that you have worked hard to represent the Labour Party in the Berwick election. Unfortunately you did not win on the day and you are understandingly heartbroken. I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you at the moment and I really do feel a sadness for you, having worked so hard as you have these past months. I'm sure you will bounce back.

Trish we are unlikely to meet at the SOL as I've stopped going to matches as I will not leave My Marjorie who is slowly getting more frail and needs me more and more to help her. I will not renew my season ticket next season but will go to one more game at the beginning of nest year to say goodbye to the people I have become friends with these past 12 years. I am sad about this for I have supported Sunderland since I was six some 71 years ago.   All the best.
APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-12-13, 6:14 pm

Hieronymus wrote:

hopefully you will give it another go next time around - this was such an odd election that was hugely dominated by one issue - with a new leader (hopefully not an acolyte but someone more centre left) and BREXIT behind us I would imagine things could be very different.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-14, 11:55 am

fitz wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

hopefully you will give it another go next time around - this was such an odd election that was hugely dominated by one issue - with a new leader (hopefully not an acolyte but someone more centre left) and BREXIT behind us I would imagine things could be very different.
Thank you - I have literally had hundreds of kind messages thanking me and supporting me. I am not committing to anything for the future yet though - it was the hardest 5 weeks of my life and devoting myslf to this for the next potentially five years, needs a great deal of thought. Yes I agree once the Brexit disaster unfolds, and Labour get a new leader things will be different. I just don't want to witness the suffering that will come in the next months and possibly years.

We are setting up as a party in Berwick to volunteer in our communities to support those who are going to need our help - people on benefits, using foodbanks, the homeless, the disabled, and we are going to start a regular campaign to hold our MP to account for all her promises, by weekly letter writing and press articles. I suggest everyone does the same - people are going to have to support each other because if anyone who voted Tory in NW Durham or Darlington or Blyth thinks that their MP will be there for them the evidence of the last 10 years suggests otherwise Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-12-14, 12:02 pm

Old Man! wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Thank you OldMan! I have been overwhelmed with kind messages of thanks and support which has helped. I did not really expect to overturn such a huge majority and was pleased to keep Tory gains down here in Berwick and to beat the Fib Dems. A small chink of light at a sad time.
I know your Marjorie is your prime concern, as she should be, and I hope that she is getting all the support she needs, and that you are too. Let us know in the summer what game you plan on going to next year and I will make every effort to come along and say hello. Anyway friends are friends in the virtual world for life, so you cannot get rid of us that easily! Take care kiss
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-12-16, 10:26 am

Now it has all sunken in, I imagine some of the new MPs on reaching parliament and seeing the armed police and other security will say to themselves what the hell have I gotten into.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum