SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Congratulations H
Nicked off Facebook EmptyToday at 12:19 pm by wanderer

» Dave
Nicked off Facebook EmptyToday at 9:37 am by cretanmakem

» Appoint a decent manager
Nicked off Facebook EmptyToday at 9:04 am by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
Nicked off Facebook EmptyToday at 8:58 am by cyprussyd

» The excitement builds
Nicked off Facebook EmptyToday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
Nicked off Facebook EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
Nicked off Facebook EmptyYesterday at 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
Nicked off Facebook EmptyYesterday at 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
Nicked off Facebook EmptyYesterday at 7:37 pm by fitz

» TICKET BOUGHT
Nicked off Facebook EmptyYesterday at 6:06 pm by cyprussyd

Nicked off Facebook

Go down

Nicked off Facebook Empty Nicked off Facebook

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-10, 9:16 am

=68.ARCOgu-UnpLQFtY5ZWZbwNP1t3s4kjcgAlIPCGC8MBNns_G6sr7YoLrwdZukRUHG_ArtBPoC0rSItwNDH09f_1i8NL5ACUMAASGA4Y1dPjzgGaHoG7GmMJ6sVMRqW6XeYiFffyT0Fa40aWxOFX9y7DtaVxTad4-48A23G1O3yPDzkvCy61p7YIzLvzaRlJSYdvogKys0OTDFYrz3uVPsjAqfoB-VZUm5vQvyAtcFgHshfsVn8pQZQx1zv-uUBIX0ve-SD26fSKQqQtUFvjS0ZjVTF54Asd7JaXZAe8gczO430t7VNYzkhDSBa6718Bi-DDxNli1hIBexsS4M4WoIdXIqIiFUEagvIOaZBWBU44aYWh_N2RPn]Sunderland's Red and White Mighty Army FTM
 · 

Ok, first of all I am not a ‘happy clapper’, I was there on Saturday along with another 7 thousand souls, I was freezing my arse off watching a very poor display and I was sitting feeling pretty pissed off just like many other fans.
When our keeper had to go and fetch the ball from an empty stand in a wonderful but empty stadium it was a measure of how far our famous old club has fallen. She is in a deep sleep and none of us know when she will awaken again.
How ever, after reading some of the negative posts and comments it makes me realise that we as fans are faced with a decision, do we concede that the club is dead, lock the doors of the SOL burn our season cards and throw our Sunderland tops in the bin and say thats it, i’ve had enough, I give up, we are done.
Or do we have a bit of a moan and groan then do what the club needs us to do and hold her hand whilst she sleeps, and show support and tell her the things she needs to hear to help awaken her from her coma, positive things.
I know that I love the club and i will be there at her bedside whilst she is going through a very bad spell in her long life.
I need you to join me, lets move on to the next game and the game after that and so on.
Things will turn, I am sure of it and one day hopefully sooner rather than later our club will rise again.
Please now more than ever Keep the faith!

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Nicked off Facebook Empty Re: Nicked off Facebook

Post  gil t azell on 2019-11-10, 9:46 am

I will be there regardless.

What got to me, especially yesterday, was do these players realise/think they are not good enough for a higher division? Are they quite happy to stay at what is the Wembley for most 1st division players so will put some but not all effort in just to stay here?

Regarding the McLaughlin incident collecting the ball I am sure if they had asked a dozen or so younsters to volunteer for this duty they would have jumped at the chance. It was quite funny but embarrassing at the same time.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-11-10, 2:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
things will get better KTF Smile

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-11-11, 5:53 am

Doesn't matter what the fans do, it's what those that own the club do..

They're the ones that can give the manager money to get better players, or just sell up to someone who can be ambitious..

Its not the fans fault.
Steve30000
Steve30000
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-11-11, 8:20 am

So it’s not the fans who are giving the owner threatening abuse ?? It’s not the fans who moan at every turn?.they just can’t give the manager money at will for new players the league won’t allow it due FFP or whatever it’s called, do you think for whatever reason Donald and co are not ambitious,I think a reality check is needed the club is in a far better position now than it was before they took over, give Parkinson time and we will do ok,the club is in great shape considering
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-11, 8:39 am

Steve30000 wrote:Doesn't matter what the fans do, it's what those that own the club do..

They're the ones that can give the manager money to get better players, or just sell up to someone who can be ambitious..

Its not the fans fault.
If you were at the game Saturday you must have noticed the number of times the crowd booed and jeered when our players made backward passes. I watched the Liverpool City game yesterday and I would say City play the ball back toward their own goal many many more times than we do, do their supporters jeer, no they don't. And why, cos they are patient and understand why its done.
A part of our crowd neither appreciate or understand you have to at times go back to come forward, and it is these people who are getting on the players backs.
I know we are no City or Liverpool we are just a 3rd string team trying to play patient football. ffs give it a rest, booing and jeering does no one any good.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-11, 9:02 am

wanderer wrote:
Steve30000 wrote:Doesn't matter what the fans do, it's what those that own the club do..

Its not the fans fault.
If you were at the game Saturday you must have noticed the number of times the crowd booed and jeered when our players made backward passes. I watched the Liverpool City game yesterday and I would say City play the ball back toward their own goal many many more times than we do, do their supporters jeer, no they don't. And why, cos they are patient and understand why its done.
A part of our crowd neither appreciate or understand you have to at times go back to come forward, and it is these people who are getting on the players backs.
I know we are no City or Liverpool we are just a 3rd string team trying to play patient football. ffs give it a rest, booing and jeering does no one any good.
Once again wanderer I agree with you 100%.

I would have thought it was obvious that none of us, the manager owners or players are happy with how things are going but like the OP its what we do about it. I have yet to see any positive answer to how booing players encourages them.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-11-11, 4:31 pm

wanderer wrote:

Its not the fans fault.
City started using the keeper as a sweeper a lot more after Pep came.  That first year we had Bravo in goal (as we did yesterday) and the defence weren’t used to playing that way which resulted in a fair few ‘mishaps’.  Albeit most of the fans knew it was a great way keeping possession and attacking from the back it took a long time for the groans to stop.  I must admit to putting my head in my hands a fair few times.

Regardless of the level of football it will take time to get right but once it does the patience will be well rewarded as it’s great to watch. I don’t bite my nails but I did a few times that season despite knowing what they were trying to achieve.

btw,  Bravo is a complete .........
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-11-11, 4:45 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:

I am trying to work out what word all those dots mean. The only one I can come up with is 'superstar',
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-11-11, 5:00 pm

Lever Malone wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:

I am trying to work out what word all those dots mean. The only one I can come up with is 'superstar',
Sincere apologies.

I put far too many dots in.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-11-11, 8:34 pm

I'd like to know where I've condoned any fans threatening the owner is OK. That's what I'd consider an idiotic minority myself..
Blaming the fans for our position is not on though, don't care what anyone says
Steve30000
Steve30000
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz Yesterday at 7:37 pm

wanderer wrote:

do you think that City fans understand why its done or they are just feeling pretty chipper as the team is enjoying enormous success? if the team is successful then I doubt that the fans could care less how they play or formation or style - success is everything and a win is a win

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum