SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Congratulations H
Grigg EmptyToday at 12:19 pm by wanderer

» Dave
Grigg EmptyToday at 9:37 am by cretanmakem

» Appoint a decent manager
Grigg EmptyToday at 9:04 am by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
Grigg EmptyToday at 8:58 am by cyprussyd

» The excitement builds
Grigg EmptyToday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
Grigg EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
Grigg EmptyYesterday at 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
Grigg EmptyYesterday at 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
Grigg EmptyYesterday at 7:37 pm by fitz

» TICKET BOUGHT
Grigg EmptyYesterday at 6:06 pm by cyprussyd

Grigg

Go down

Grigg Empty Grigg

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-03, 12:13 pm

Last 2 home performances have been much better, I can see goals coming soon.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Grigg Empty Re: Grigg

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-11-03, 3:23 pm

Everyone says "he'll kick on once he scores"... Still waiting.
Steve30000
Steve30000
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-04, 9:28 am

wanderer wrote:Last 2 home performances have been much better, I can see goals coming soon.
The Tranmere game gave me hope that Parkinson will get the best out of him. That hope began to diminish on Saturday. I don't think he had a great game. Not nearly the same effort put in.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-04, 10:44 am

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:Last 2 home performances have been much better, I can see goals coming soon.
The Tranmere game gave me hope that Parkinson will get the best out of him. That hope began to diminish on Saturday. I don't think he had a great game. Not nearly the same effort put in.
At one point in the second half on Saturday Grigg was up front alone, a Southend attack had broke down and goalie was looking for a quick punt forward, Grigg was left alone with 4 defenders not a Sunderland player within 30 or so yards. I said to the lad beside me what f*ucking chance has he got. Its situations like this that makes the lad look poor, not his fault.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-04, 11:34 am

wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:
At one point in the second half on Saturday Grigg was up front alone, a Southend attack had broke down and goalie was looking for a quick punt forward, Grigg was left alone with 4 defenders not a Sunderland player within 30 or so yards. I said to the lad beside me what f*ucking chance has he got. Its situations like this that makes the lad look poor, not his fault.
That's one instance. I really hope he does come good and I've argued with my son to be patient, but he's generally getting better support under the Parkinson setup but there was a dip in his energy level on Saturday. High balls to him are no good because he's useless with them and he did get a few, but he also wasn't making the runs that he did aginst Tranmere and getting as involved. Over the games he's been involved in McNulty has shown alot more. It will be interesting to see what Parkinson does in January.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-04, 1:34 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:
That's one instance. I really hope he does come good and I've argued with my son to be patient, but he's generally getting better support under the Parkinson setup but there was a dip in his energy level on Saturday. High balls to him are no good because he's useless with them and he did get a few, but he also wasn't making the runs that he did aginst Tranmere and getting as involved. Over the games he's been involved in McNulty has shown alot more. It will be interesting to see what Parkinson does in January.
Can't disagree with you, but we bought Wyke a proven scorer at this level. Then Grigg again proven at this level. You could bring in Messi, but if you don't play to his  game he won't succeed.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-11-05, 5:37 pm

I think everyone wants Willie boy to succeed but how many chances does he get?

Our style of play doesnt suit him although I have noticed more low n hard crosses coming back into the box which should help him. He actually had 2 headers on Saturday as well. I hadnt previously seen him jump.
Having said that I hope Benji has a cracking game tonight, scores a hat trick and gets his chance in the first team.

Failing that I cannot see how anyone can put Grigg in the team ahead of McNulty at the minute.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-11-05, 6:24 pm

gil t azell wrote:I think everyone wants Willie boy to succeed but how many chances does he get?

Our style of play doesnt suit him although I have noticed more low n hard crosses coming back into the box which should help him. He actually had 2 headers on Saturday as well. I hadnt previously seen him jump.
Having said that I hope Benji has a cracking game tonight, scores a hat trick and gets his chance in the first team.

Failing that I cannot see how anyone can put Grigg in the team ahead of McNulty at the minute.
Can only add one thing 
Wyke mmmmmmm
Target man maybe but footballer he is not 
He can’t play football
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-05, 10:22 pm

gil t azell wrote:I think everyone wants Willie boy to succeed but how many chances does he get?

Final point about McNulty spot on. Roker Report gave him 8 out of 10 tonight as opposed to Grigg's 5 and Kimpioka's 4.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-06, 5:25 am

Kipper wrote:

Final point about McNulty spot on. Roker Report gave him 8 out of 10 tonight as opposed to Grigg's 5 and Kimpioka's 4.
Just a guess but I think that only Parkinson knows why we start Grigg before McNulty.

And the game last night showed beyond doubt that Benji is nowhere near ready.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-11-09, 6:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Just a guess but I think that only Parkinson knows why we start Grigg before McNulty.

in part it might be that the club feels like "we just spent £4m on this player, we need to get a return on that investment", whereas Mcnulty is only on loan

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-11-10, 8:07 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

This may be the case but with a run of games in the team he certainly couldnt be worse than Grigg.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum