SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Congratulations H
The flags EmptyToday at 12:19 pm by wanderer

» Dave
The flags EmptyToday at 9:37 am by cretanmakem

» Appoint a decent manager
The flags EmptyToday at 9:04 am by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
The flags EmptyToday at 8:58 am by cyprussyd

» The excitement builds
The flags EmptyToday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
The flags EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
The flags EmptyYesterday at 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
The flags EmptyYesterday at 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
The flags EmptyYesterday at 7:37 pm by fitz

» TICKET BOUGHT
The flags EmptyYesterday at 6:06 pm by cyprussyd

The flags

Go down

The flags Empty The flags

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-11-03, 10:44 am

One thing I really like and think has improved the SOL was the club allowing the flags in the stadium...but a couple of questions....

we have won 6 league titles and every time I come to the stadium I can only count 5 flags commemorating this, (I can count the 2 flags for the FA Cups) can someone else have a count next time and prove me wrong

Would the flags not be better located at the home end of the stadium?....look at Liverpool they run out to the Kop waving flags not an empty Kop with flags waving at the other end of the stadium....I suppose that the singing comes from the new roker end so it makes sense to have the flags there...so do we need to change the new roker end to the home end?

Last edited by oldblackcat on 2019-11-03, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

The flags Empty Re: The flags

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-04, 1:37 am

Until you have mentioned it I always thought of the new roker end as the home end

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dred on 2019-11-04, 1:10 pm

No where to store the flags in the home end plus the South stand is designated the singing end and there is gaps all over the North Stand, simply not eneough fans there.
dred
dred

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-04, 1:29 pm

dred wrote:No where to store the flags in the home end plus the South stand is designated the singing end and there is gaps all over the North Stand, simply not eneough fans there.
I'm a North stander, and looking at the South stand Saturday there were quite a few gaps there also.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  dred on 2019-11-04, 1:42 pm

Granted but no where near the North Stand
dred
dred

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-11-04, 1:44 pm

There are loads of spaces in The Fulwell End 'cos of someone's idiotic idea to house the 'away' fans there, and therefore ruin the atmosphere (that we used to be famous for) . . . . stupid bastard Evil or Very Mad

A canny group of us have sat there (in the 'home' end) since The Stadium opened in 1997 but loads defected to The Roker End when the idiot made the aforementioned decision (to ruin the atmosphere), and those of us that are still here are determined to stay forever. When the 'away' fans are moved back to where they should be (and we stop being subjected to missiles being launched at us by some) the atmosphere will improve dramatically, and I live in hope that the Roker Roar will return in the near future Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  dred on 2019-11-04, 2:00 pm

I was in the North Stand from the opening. Had my season ticket for the back row and loved it was the singing end then and the atmosphere was terrific. Unfortunately we had to move to make room for the Sports Bar seats, most of the fans I know who got moved went to the back of the South Side and took with them a great deal of the atmosphere. I think that's was the start of the the decline in the North Stand.
dred
dred

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-04, 3:15 pm

I thought there was talk a couple of years ago about moving the away fans. Wasn't there going to be some rule introduced about having to allocate a certain number pitchside? Or that may have been a Premiership thing.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  dred on 2019-11-04, 3:19 pm

There was talk of it but the Northumbria police like it the way it is. Same with Newcastle
dred
dred

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum