SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Congratulations H
Why oh why? EmptyToday at 12:19 pm by wanderer

» Dave
Why oh why? EmptyToday at 9:37 am by cretanmakem

» Appoint a decent manager
Why oh why? EmptyToday at 9:04 am by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
Why oh why? EmptyToday at 8:58 am by cyprussyd

» The excitement builds
Why oh why? EmptyToday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
Why oh why? EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
Why oh why? EmptyYesterday at 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
Why oh why? EmptyYesterday at 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
Why oh why? EmptyYesterday at 7:37 pm by fitz

» TICKET BOUGHT
Why oh why? EmptyYesterday at 6:06 pm by cyprussyd

Why oh why?

Go down

Why oh why? Empty Why oh why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-01, 9:37 pm

Charlie Methven:
I am here tonight because Stewart is no longer doing fan engagement/events or attending matches due to fan abuse.

Charlie was doing a fans talk in tonight and this apparently was his answer to a question about Donald.

Like most of you I remember our last season in the Championship, despair was rife and hope had all but gone. The club was deep in debt and we dare not think of the future.

Then pictures began to circulate on social media of Donald arriving at Newcastle airport and with hours it was announced we had a new owner.Within days hope had returned and that magic carpet of Niall Quinns was dusted down.

Last season had its up and downs and yes we all ended with disappointment, none more than Donald. He made mistakes but IMO got it 99% right so why are some fans now on a mission to break him and kill the hope again?

Now people say he is not beyond criticism, I guess Donald himself would agree with that but its not the criticism that annoys and worries me, its the abuse and threats, totally unacceptable.

This is going on Twitter and facebook and I know will bring me abuse on Twitter but the abusers wont shut me up or win, I detest each and every one of them.

I just wish they would do one and stop trying to kill me club, we dont want or need you.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Why oh why? Empty Re: Why oh why?

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-11-01, 11:33 pm

He shouldn't be getting abuse, no one should be.

There's a difference between abuse and criticism though..

Fans should be allowed to criticise and question the running of the club, without fear of being accused of abuse or of not being a fan.

Otherwise, what's the point of debate if there's only one view?
Steve30000
Steve30000
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-01, 11:40 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Charlie Methven:
I am here tonight because Stewart is no longer doing fan engagement/events or attending matches due to fan abuse.

Charlie was doing a fans talk in tonight and this apparently was his answer to a question about Donald.

Like most of you I remember our last season in the Championship, despair was rife and hope had all but gone. The club was deep in debt and we dare not think of the future.

Then pictures began to circulate on social media of Donald arriving at Newcastle airport and with hours it was announced we had a new owner.Within days hope had returned and that magic carpet of Niall Quinns was dusted down.

Last season had its up and downs and yes we all ended with disappointment, none more than Donald. He made mistakes but IMO got it 99% right so why are some fans now on a mission to break him and kill the hope again?

Now people say he is not beyond criticism, I guess Donald himself would agree with that but its not the criticism that annoys and worries me, its the abuse and threats, totally unacceptable.

This is going on Twitter and facebook and I know will bring me abuse on Twitter but the abusers wont shut me up or win, I detest each and every one of them.

I just wish they would do one and stop trying to kill me club, we dont want or need you.
Not attending matches! That is is really bad that Sunderland "fans" have driven him to that. How can the club mean something to him without that? I believe it did and still must do otherwise he would have sold to anyone who came along. But these people are idiots who can't do anything constructive for our great club. 

SD - PLEASE COME BACK TO MATCHES. YOU DON'T GET ABUSE THERE AS THE MAJORITY OF US ARE PROPER REASONABLE MINDED FANS. IGNORE THE SCUM ELEMENT. WE DON'T WANT THEM ANY MORE THAN YOU. KEEP THE FAITH.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-11-01, 11:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Charlie Methven:

Not attending matches! That is is really bad that Sunderland "fans" have driven him to that. How can the club mean something to him without that? I believe it did and still must do otherwise he would have sold to anyone who came along. But these people are idiots who can't do anything constructive for our great club. 

SD - PLEASE COME BACK TO MATCHES. YOU DON'T GET ABUSE THERE AS THE MAJORITY OF US ARE PROPER REASONABLE MINDED FANS. IGNORE THE SCUM ELEMENT. WE DON'T WANT THEM ANY MORE THAN YOU. KEEP THE FAITH.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-11-01, 11:44 pm

Why doesn't he ban the fans that were abusing him at the games?

Leave the proper debate to the rest of the fans that can question without personal abuse.
Steve30000
Steve30000
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-11-02, 1:28 am

Steve30000 wrote:Why doesn't he ban the fans that were abusing him at the games?

Leave the proper debate to the rest of the fans that can question without personal abuse.
APPL

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-11-02, 7:47 am

The trouble is, by staying away, he allows the trolls to win. 

I really don't know the answer but it pains me to let the inmates run the asylum  Twisted Evil

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-02, 9:17 am

I am no fan of Mike Ashley, but Donald should take a leaf from him, ignore it, rise above it. Don't be a bloody whimp.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-11-02, 9:23 am

wanderer wrote:I am no fan of Mike Ashley, but Donald should take a leaf from him, ignore it, rise above it. Don't be a bloody whimp.
Dont be a wimp, I can only assume you have not seen the abuse, the threats to him and his family, the advice to get protection.

If it was me and my family then I would also be a wimp but how sad that he is the wimp rather than pointing out the real villas, each and everyone of the vile low life idiots who hide behind their fake name and hand out the threats and abuse.

BTW you may have noticed that here, facebook and Twitter my real name is not hidden or where I live, nothing to hide.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-02, 11:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:
wanderer wrote:I am no fan of Mike Ashley, but Donald should take a leaf from him, ignore it, rise above it. Don't be a bloody whimp.
Dont be a wimp, I can only assume you have not seen the abuse, the threats to him and his family, the advice to get protection.

If it was me and my family then I would also be a wimp but how sad that he is the wimp rather than pointing out the real villas, each and everyone of the vile low life idiots who hide behind their fake name and hand out the threats and abuse.

BTW you may have noticed that here, facebook and Twitter my real name is not hidden or where I live, nothing to hide.
I take it you don't agree with me this time. and I have no interest in facebook or twitter.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-11-02, 11:57 am

I’ve thought for a long time that it’s a mistake for Chairman’s\owners to try and become too close to the fans when they first take the club over.  Ashley is a prime example of this and to a far smaller extent Donald did also.  There’s no club in the world that dos’nt have ups and downs and if the powers that be have always kept their distance and just got on with the job in hand it allows more scope to rise above the criticism when things aren’t going well.  As Dave said above, now Donald is keeping his distance it does feel as though the trolls have achieved something.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-11-02, 5:31 pm

Twitter is the worst - why anyone would want a presence on their I have no idea

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-11-02, 6:53 pm

Steve30000 wrote:He shouldn't be getting abuse, no one should be.

There's a difference between abuse and criticism though..

Fans should be allowed to criticise and question the running of the club, without fear of being accused of abuse or of not being a fan.

Otherwise, what's the point of debate if there's only  one view?
did he just not say that?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-11-02, 6:57 pm

Am I not allowed an opinion, Mr barrow?
Steve30000
Steve30000
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-11-02, 7:06 pm

Steve30000 wrote:Am I not allowed an opinion, Mr barrow?

Cumbrians very odd people
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  dred on 2019-11-09, 10:47 pm

McLaughlin would not be much use at a christening.
dred
dred

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-11-10, 3:59 am

dred wrote:McLaughlin would not be much use at a christening.

He was very upset after the goal. He put his head in his hands and it slipped through his fingers!

Sorry!!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum