SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Congratulations H
To those at the game tonight EmptyToday at 12:19 pm by wanderer

» Dave
To those at the game tonight EmptyToday at 9:37 am by cretanmakem

» Appoint a decent manager
To those at the game tonight EmptyToday at 9:04 am by cyprussyd

» Well thats it for me, after last night
To those at the game tonight EmptyToday at 8:58 am by cyprussyd

» The excitement builds
To those at the game tonight EmptyToday at 8:57 am by cyprussyd

» for whats its worth
To those at the game tonight EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Hieronymus

» Make your mind up time
To those at the game tonight EmptyYesterday at 7:51 pm by oldblackcat

» Game off
To those at the game tonight EmptyYesterday at 7:48 pm by Vincemac

» Nicked off Facebook
To those at the game tonight EmptyYesterday at 7:37 pm by fitz

» TICKET BOUGHT
To those at the game tonight EmptyYesterday at 6:06 pm by cyprussyd

To those at the game tonight

Go down

To those at the game tonight Empty To those at the game tonight

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-22, 11:09 pm

Can anyone say in all honesty we would have put in that performance if Ross was still here. The difference in all departments was obvious. And we had a manager who constantly encouraged and directed his players, and not just stood there with his hands in his pockets or arms folded.
Onwards and upwards, KTF.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

To those at the game tonight Empty Re: To those at the game tonight

Post  Kipper on 2019-10-23, 9:21 am

wanderer wrote:Can anyone say in all honesty we would have put in that performance if Ross was still here. The difference in all departments was obvious. And we had a manager who constantly encouraged and directed his players, and not just stood there with his hands in his pockets or arms folded.
I have to agree. That was a brilliant performance and Parkinson was vociferous. Parkin was involved as well. The team benefitted from the direction they were giving. Interestingly, the warm up drills were a bit different to normal as well - even that seemed to have a bit more intensity.

Long may it continue.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-23, 9:27 am

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:Can anyone say in all honesty we would have put in that performance if Ross was still here. The difference in all departments was obvious. And we had a manager who constantly encouraged and directed his players, and not just stood there with his hands in his pockets or arms folded.
I have to agree. That was a brilliant performance and Parkinson was vociferous. Parkin was involved as well. The team benefitted from the direction they were giving. Interestingly, the warm up drills were a bit different to normal as well - even that seemed to have a bit more intensity.

Long may it continue.
Agree fully Kipper, I noticed the back four were all drilled together in the warm up. That never happened under Ross.
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-23, 10:47 am

wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Long may it continue.
Agree fully Kipper, I noticed the back four were all drilled together in the warm up. That never happened under Ross.
Missed the warm up as I was - chatting (!!) - to Syd and the others - but I noticed the back four were brilliant and hardly missed a trick all night. A clean sheet was just as important as the five goals.

Was very pleased for Will Grigg - that shot off the post in the first minute set the tone for the whole match. Was brilliant and I realised I have missed it all very much. My circumstances mean I will probably not get to another game for a little while - maybe try and get over Christmas - but was just glad to see our best performance for years! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 3:19 pm

If you repeat this wanderer I will kill you but, I agree

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 3:46 pm

Grigg firing shots at Ross? This is from when we were 3-0, up at half-time: “From there it’s easy to sit back but we didn’t. We were ruthless and continued to do what we've always wanted to do”.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-23, 4:01 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Long may it continue.
Missed the warm up as I was - chatting (!!) - to Syd and the others - but I noticed the back four were brilliant and hardly missed a trick all night. A clean sheet was just as important as the five goals.

Was very pleased for Will Grigg - that shot off the post in the first minute set the tone for the whole match. Was brilliant and I realised I have missed it all very much. My circumstances mean I will probably not get to another game for a little while - maybe try and get over Christmas - but was just glad to see our best performance for years! Very Happy
Well i have booked my accommodation for the league game at home to Gillingham in March, Mrs Barrow is coming to but not to the game, she will do a bit of retail therapy then its the Metro centre Sunday.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-23, 4:08 pm

Well hope you are right. Grigg kind of alluded that is how the team has wanted to play all along.

We may see some high scoring games and not just goals in the for column either.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-23, 5:29 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Long may it continue.

Well i have booked my accommodation for the league game at home to Gillingham in March, Mrs Barrow is coming to but not to the game, she will do a bit of retail therapy then its the Metro centre Sunday.
Sounds like a plan there - maybe could meet up for a beer before the game and have a curry / meal out afterwards?

(BTW - Metro centre on Sunday - my idea of hell on earth!! Laughing )
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man! on 2019-10-23, 7:16 pm

I too agree, not only did we play some decent football, we also had attitude and a good work ethic to help each other. I missed Grigg's goal but was very pleased for the lad who in my opinion  never gave up and has worked hard without success all season. Sadly he got little encouragement from the loud mouthed lout element, perhaps they will get off the lad's back. 

On the Jack Ross sacking issue I have been getting somewhat tired of his inability to successfully to see that the team needed more guidance, both on match days and on the training days. I also heard from the guy that sits next to me that he had read that Ross seems to have been a little critical about the club both past and at present. I understand that he is going to be on some managers program, radio or TV, at some time. If that is truly his opinion of the club those seeds must have been in his head for some time and if so good riddance to him.
Old Man!
Old Man!

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-23, 7:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Long may it continue.

Sounds like a plan there - maybe could meet up for a beer before the game and have a curry / meal out afterwards?

(BTW - Metro centre on Sunday - my idea of hell on earth!! Laughing )
yep sounds gud H

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-10-23, 8:01 pm

Old Man! wrote:I too agree, not only did we play some decent football, we also had attitude and a good work ethic to help each other. I missed Grigg's goal but was very pleased for the lad who in my opinion  never gave up and has worked hard without success all season. Sadly he got little encouragement from the loud mouthed lout element, perhaps they will get off the lad's back. 

On the Jack Ross sacking issue I have been getting somewhat tired of his inability to successfully to see that the team needed more guidance, both on match days and on the training days. I also heard from the guy that sits next to me that he had read that Ross seems to have been a little critical about the club both past and at present. I understand that he is going to be on some managers program, radio or TV, at some time. If that is truly his opinion of the club those seeds must have been in his head for some time and if so good riddance to him.
There's an interview with him reported in Roker Report. Seems fairly balanced what he says. I wish him well but hopefully we have a better manager now.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-23, 9:11 pm

Old Man! wrote:I too agree, not only did we play some decent football, we also had attitude and a good work ethic to help each other. I missed Grigg's goal but was very pleased for the lad who in my opinion  never gave up and has worked hard without success all season. Sadly he got little encouragement from the loud mouthed lout element, perhaps they will get off the lad's back. 

Welcome Old Man!

If you missed Grigg's goal then you also missed the standing ovation he got when he went off - I think the fans appreciated his efforts and he finally got his reward. He did play a perfect pass for Watmore's goal as well as hit the post in the first minute and never stopped trying. Hopefully it will help him psychologically - because there is no doubt his confidence must have taken a hit with how things have gone up till last night.

No more to say on Jack Ross - I liked him when he arrived and I wanted him to succeed. We only just missed out last year but he sadly was not able to use that as motivation for himself and the players. Now he is in the past and Parkinson must do what Ross failed to do - win promotion. Onwards and upwards! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve30000 on 2019-10-23, 10:54 pm

After tonight, the table seems pretty tight..
Steve30000
Steve30000
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-24, 12:13 am

Steve30000 wrote:After tonight, the table seems pretty tight..
Certainly all to play for and no reason why we cant go up what a difference a win makes and a 5-0 certainly lifts spirits.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum