SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Make your mind up time
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by dred

» The excitement builds
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by wanderer

» Nicked off Facebook
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:34 pm by Steve30000

» Listen up
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Cant help it, Im an old romantic.
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 6:24 pm by canary-dave

» Game off
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 5:56 am by Steve30000

» All the negativity from yesterday
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 5:45 am by Steve30000

» VAR
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 Empty2019-11-10, 10:02 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Ross out
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 Empty2019-11-10, 9:09 am by wanderer

» Grigg
Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 Empty2019-11-10, 8:07 am by gil t azell

Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers

Post  canary-dave on 2019-10-23, 9:55 am

Good to hear Wanderer, I'll try not to be too precious too   like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-23, 10:34 am

oxfordshire wrote:Thanks H. Wonderful night. Hurrying to catch train to airport. More later.
Was great to meet you and so pleased we had a good match to enjoy. Have a safe trip and hope to meet up again in the near future Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-23, 10:40 am

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Kipper wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:When I saw the heading I thought for a moment you were talking about my visit. The good news is that I have never been at a sunderland game where they have drawn or lost. 
Well that says it all. Good bloody grief.  and the use of the word THEY.

Wanderer, it would be better to keep quiet and let everyone think you're a fool rather than to post like this and remove any doubt.  like

I've disagreed with alot of what Wanderer has said but he's like a breath of fresh air on here. At least he has an opinion and with the amount he goes to games he's certainly entitled to one. If only Billy were still around to liven things up. If you want this forum to be a clique where everyone agrees just set up a whatsapp group amongst yourselves.

Back to Tranmere - I'm looking forward to the game and I 'm about 70% confident of a win. Team news will be very interesting though and I think there's only a few certain starters with Burge being one of them and Willis anothe.

You don't have to agree with everyone but you should disagree respectfully. 

Wanderer has shown little respect towards H and Oxfordshire, if you find that a breath of fresh air then I respectfully disagree with you!
I have said earlier that I was warned my style may not go down too well on here with the senior established members, I was brought up to respect my elders but reaching adulthood my mind changed to having to earn respect. To me not everyone here has earned my respect. But I will try to be a little more considerate to my elders. I also believe you have to give and take in this life, well this is me giving, I hope you will take this in the spirit it is given.
Thank you for your olive branch and it is indeed accepted in the spirit intended. We like to be friends on here - which does not mean always agreeing - but respect is expected, As you are new to our group you do not know the history and personal situations of most of us so just be a little careful about the assumptions you make. But all posters are welcome and you have breathed new life into us old buggers on here, so mission accomplished! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 3:22 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Thanks H. Wonderful night. Hurrying to catch train to airport. More later.
Sorry our meeting was so brief but it was great to meet you but, 5-0 means a long journey now for all home games.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 3:32 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Kipper wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:When I saw the heading I thought for a moment you were talking about my visit. The good news is that I have never been at a sunderland game where they have drawn or lost. 
Well that says it all. Good bloody grief.  and the use of the word THEY.

Wanderer, it would be better to keep quiet and let everyone think you're a fool rather than to post like this and remove any doubt.  like

I've disagreed with alot of what Wanderer has said but he's like a breath of fresh air on here. At least he has an opinion and with the amount he goes to games he's certainly entitled to one. If only Billy were still around to liven things up. If you want this forum to be a clique where everyone agrees just set up a whatsapp group amongst yourselves.

Back to Tranmere - I'm looking forward to the game and I 'm about 70% confident of a win. Team news will be very interesting though and I think there's only a few certain starters with Burge being one of them and Willis anothe.

You don't have to agree with everyone but you should disagree respectfully. 

Wanderer has shown little respect towards H and Oxfordshire, if you find that a breath of fresh air then I respectfully disagree with you!
I have said earlier that I was warned my style may not go down too well on here with the senior established members, I was brought up to respect my elders but reaching adulthood my mind changed to having to earn respect. To me not everyone here has earned my respect. But I will try to be a little more considerate to my elders. I also believe you have to give and take in this life, well this is me giving, I hope you will take this in the spirit it is given.
Thank you for your olive branch and it is indeed accepted in the spirit intended. We like to be friends on here - which does not mean always agreeing - but respect is expected, As you are new to our group you do not know the history and personal situations of most of us so just be a little careful about the assumptions you make. But all posters are welcome and you have breathed new life into us old buggers on here, so mission accomplished! Very Happy
The old timers know that SunderMad was started because many of us became sick of the idiotic abuse on other forums but, not wanting abuse does snot mean we dont want strong opinions.
I pull my hair out because people leave, from what I am told, for two reasons.

1. The forum is to nice and to quiet
  2. People get upset at honest strong opinion

I am happy with people getting offended at abuse, threats, racist or homophobic comments but if we are offended by honest opinion strongly given then it really is, IMO time to give up.

I know for sure that I have chased people because

I am very positive and get riled at negative, dont leave just tell me to shut the f*ck up, I wont but you can still tell me to.

I once disagreed with a regular poster, he has not posted since but, I did not agree and believe in saying so.

I told one regular poster that he, IMO, was very negative, he left.

And the classic, "I cant say what I believe because it may upset that nice Syd". Upset me and I will tell you but I wont fall out with you and will always be there if you need me.

Many of us on here are just the right side of death, we dont have the time for falling out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 3:49 pm

•  Would you believe it on 80 minutes my legs were very bad and feet in pain, I was starving because I did not have time to eat before leaving for game and I was freezing. So I decided to leave, make my way to a burger van before getting on bus. Missed goals 4 and 5, could not believe it when people getting on bus said 5-0.
    Edit or delete thisOh and was up all night with food poisoning thanks to visit to burger van.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-23, 3:57 pm

well the team get stick for poor performances so i think its only fair to pat them all on the back for a job very well done. Really pleased For Dunc and Will getting on the score sheet. Will my yet prove a good signing, suppose time will tell.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-23, 5:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

•  Would you believe it on 80 minutes my legs were very bad and feet in pain, I was starving because I did not have time to eat before leaving for game and I was freezing. So I decided to leave, make my way to a burger van before getting on bus. Missed goals 4 and 5, could not believe it when people getting on bus said 5-0.
    Edit or delete thisOh and was up all night with food poisoning thanks to visit to burger van.

Oh my goodness - you missed Grigg's goal! I hope you are feeling better now xx
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Man! on 2019-10-23, 6:58 pm

I was at the game last evening and before the kick off got mixed up with a group  that caused mayhem by blocking the gangway and prevented older supporters from getting to their seat. I was detained for some time having been accused of being the instigator of the crowded aisle. One BIG fellow was the main accuser and gave me a very hard time which was worrying as as you can see I'm an old man. 

Having reported the above I cannot be sure that this actually happened, it's the age you know. 

Before leaving for my seat I shook hands and hugged a few old friends and promised I would join the forum so here I am. 

The match was good, the best I have seen them this season and look forward to Sunderland starting to climb the table. By the way Syd, I missed three goals.....the second for I had to go to the toilet, I'm old you know and the last two as I left with 8 minutes to go to get to the car park.

To the folks who formed the group on the aisle, it was great to see you all  and thank you for the welcome..

Now let the difference in opinions start.
Old Man!
Old Man!

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 8:02 pm

Old Man! wrote:I was at the game last evening and before the kick off got mixed up with a group  that caused mayhem by blocking the gangway and prevented older supporters from getting to their seat. I was detained for some time having been accused of being the instigator of the crowded aisle. One BIG fellow was the main accuser and gave me a very hard time which was worrying as as you can see I'm an old man. 

Having reported the above I cannot be sure that this actually happened, it's the age you know. 

Before leaving for my seat I shook hands and hugged a few old friends and promised I would join the forum so here I am. 

The match was good, the best I have seen them this season and look forward to Sunderland starting to climb the table. By the way Syd, I missed three goals.....the second for I had to go to the toilet, I'm old you know and the last two as I left with 8 minutes to go to get to the car park.

To the folks who formed the group on the aisle, it was great to see you all  and thank you for the welcome..

I have no idea who you are because I dont mix with old men who argue with everyone and cause trouble.

However its good to see you back Les

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 8:02 pm

Old Man! wrote:I was at the game last evening and before the kick off got mixed up with a group  that caused mayhem by blocking the gangway and prevented older supporters from getting to their seat. I was detained for some time having been accused of being the instigator of the crowded aisle. One BIG fellow was the main accuser and gave me a very hard time which was worrying as as you can see I'm an old man. 

I have no idea who you are because I dont mix with old men who argue with everyone and cause trouble.

However its good to see you back Les

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-10-23, 8:03 pm

Were you the young guy masquerading as an old man?

Sent from Topic'it App
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-23, 8:03 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Were you the young guy masquerading as an old man?

Sent from Topic'it App
No thats was jerry in drag

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-23, 9:18 pm

It's good to have you back Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-10-23, 9:58 pm

alien   like

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-10-23, 10:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

The old timers know that SunderMad was started because many of us became sick of the idiotic abuse on other forums but, not wanting abuse does snot mean we dont want strong opinions.
I pull my hair out because people leave, from what I am told, for two reasons.

1. The forum is to nice and to quiet
  2. People get upset at honest strong opinion

*too nice and *too quiet

that's about as confrontational as I like to get Smile

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3