SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Make your mind up time
Parky it is then EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by dred

» The excitement builds
Parky it is then EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by wanderer

» Nicked off Facebook
Parky it is then EmptyYesterday at 8:34 pm by Steve30000

» Listen up
Parky it is then EmptyYesterday at 7:22 pm by Nostalgic

» Cant help it, Im an old romantic.
Parky it is then EmptyYesterday at 6:24 pm by canary-dave

» Game off
Parky it is then EmptyYesterday at 5:56 am by Steve30000

» All the negativity from yesterday
Parky it is then EmptyYesterday at 5:45 am by Steve30000

» VAR
Parky it is then Empty2019-11-10, 10:02 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Ross out
Parky it is then Empty2019-11-10, 9:09 am by wanderer

» Grigg
Parky it is then Empty2019-11-10, 8:07 am by gil t azell

Parky it is then

Go down

Parky it is then Empty Parky it is then

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-17, 12:12 am

Phil Parkinson: Sunderland set to appoint ex-Bolton manager as boss

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Phil Parkinson guided Bolton to automatic promotion from League One in the 2016-17 season

League One side Sunderland are set to appoint ex-Bolton boss Phil Parkinson as their new manager on Thursday.
The 51-year-old will replace Jack Ross, who was sacked by the Black Cats on 8 October after winning five of their first 11 league games of the campaign.
Parkinson spent three years in charge of Bolton, winning promotion to the Championship in his first season.
He resigned as manager in August, with Wanderers bottom of League One after being deducted 12 points.[/size]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Parky it is then Empty Re: Parky it is then

Post  Derro Jimmy on 2019-10-17, 2:53 am

Phil Parkinson is to Football Management what Boris Johnson is to hairstyling! He will take Sunderland to League 2.
Derro Jimmy
Derro Jimmy
Forum Father

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-17, 3:37 am

Derro Jimmy wrote:Phil Parkinson is to Football Management what Boris Johnson is to hairstyling! He will take Sunderland to League 2.
What do you base that on?
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-17, 8:38 am

The poor bugger has not officially signed but already social media are against him. First defeat or even draw and it will be Parkinson out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-10-17, 9:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:The poor bugger has not officially signed but already social media are against him. First defeat or even draw and it will be Parkinson out.
You ain't wrong there. Thank goodness I've got a life.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-10-17, 10:19 am

The problem is most of these 'fans' memories are so short they can't see beyond what happened a week ago. All they see is that Bolton are bottom of the league with -8 points so the former manager must be rubbish.

What they don't understand is that Parkinson got Bolton promoted from Division 1 in his first season despite the club having a transfer embargo on them. He was able to keep them in the Championship for one season without making one new signing but, the next season, despite all their problems he was unable to keep them up, not because of his lack of ability, but because of the clubs financial situation. That was obviously not his fault. He also wasn't responsible for the points deduction this season or the fact that they lost nearly all of their senior players. 

These doom merchants should read the press reports about Phil Parkinson leaving Bolton. They will see that he wasn't sacked but that he quit and, in fact, Bolton were sorry to see him go. He left after a 5 - 0 defeat in which he only had 3 senior outfield players available. 

He has a wealth of experience in the EFL which is the thing, I think, Sunderland were missing under the previous manager and these 'experts' should wait and see 1) if he is appointed manager and 2) what sort of job he does here before sticking the knife in his back!!!
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-17, 10:55 am

Sunderland AFC is delighted to announce Phil Parkinson as the club’s new manager.
The 51-year-old, who arrives with a proven track record and an excellent reputation within the game, has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at the Stadium of Light and will be joined by his assistant Steve Parkin. 
Parkinson met the squad on Thursday morning before taking his first training session, as focus shifts towards his first match against Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.
Born in Chorley, the new Black Cats boss has achieved promotion on three occasions during an impressive 16-year career in management that is littered with accolades. 
After taking up the reins at the SoL, Parkinson said: “It is both a privilege and immense responsibility to be appointed manager of this great club. I’ve been in football a long time now, and Sunderland’s immense history, the passion of its fanbase and its wonderful facilities are legendary within the game. 
“It’s now up to me to build on the work of my predecessor and deliver the success the fans are so desperate for. This is a good squad of players, and I relish the challenge of working with them to achieve our goal of promotion from League One.” 
SAFC’s chairman, Stewart Donald, added: “Phil has a proven track record when it comes to achieving promotion and I’m delighted to welcome him to Sunderland.
“During a rigorous recruitment process, it gradually became clear that he was the prime candidate to take the club forward. His CV put him on our short list. His references from within the game set him apart.
“I hope that Sunderland fans will all join me in welcoming him to our historic club, as we look forward to an exciting few months.”
Parkinson started his playing career with Southampton before going on to represent Bury and Reading, earning promotion on three occasions with the Royals.
A move into management followed and Parkinson achieved immediate success, as he upset the odds and guided Colchester United to the Championship before spells at Hull City and Charlton Athletic.
In 2011, Parkinson’s memorable tenure at Bradford City began, with the League Two Bantams sweeping aside Premier League giants en route to the 2013 League Cup final, before securing promotion later that year. 
Parkinson, who has been named as the League One Manager of the Month on seven occasions, received the LMA Special Merit award for his exploits. 
Bradford’s run to the FA Cup quarter finals in 2015 included a famous 4-2 victory over then Premier League champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. 
He moved to Bolton Wanderers in June 2016 and after leading the Trotters to their best start to a league campaign in 82 years, his first season in charge ended in promotion to the Championship. He then kept Bolton in the Championship the following season, despite operating under a transfer embargo.
Parkinson remained in charge at Macron Stadium until August 2019.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-17, 10:58 am

knife in his back already and the ink on the contract is still wet FFS. Some fans really need to get a grip and give the bloke a chance.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-10-17, 12:36 pm

Wanting instant success is quite common these days but pre-appointment success is a new one on me! Let's hope the proper fans can see off the doom mongers  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-17, 1:22 pm

canary-dave wrote:Wanting instant success is quite common these days but pre-appointment success is a new one on me! Let's hope the proper fans can see off the doom mongers  like
I agree
wanderer
wanderer
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-17, 3:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-10-17, 7:25 pm

I dont know enough about any of the managers allegedly interviewed to comment.

What I do know is our new manager will get my 100% support
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-10-17, 11:13 pm

Knows what it takes to get out of this division, he will do for me to be fair this sort of appointment should have been made before Ross as the division is a nightmare to get out of and with no experience of it makes it twice as hard.
Onwards and upwards 👍👍
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-10-18, 12:32 am

who were people expecting? Alex Ferguson to make a shock comeback to football management?

fingers crossed he can squeeze a couple of extra wins out of the team as that is all it should take.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-10-19, 12:41 am

At Hull he advocated (wait for it) "Ice Baths" and lost the dressing room completely prompting the players to revolt and force him out. He's here now and deserves to be 'given a go' at least so I guess only time will tell.
Panther
Panther
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Derro Jimmy on 2019-10-20, 5:21 am

Wycombe Wanders 1 - "Ice Baths" 0.
Derro Jimmy
Derro Jimmy
Forum Father

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-20, 7:21 am

Let's hang Parky then quarter him and send his parts to the four corners of the kingdom.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-20, 7:53 am

barrowmackem wrote:Let's hang Parky then quarter him and send his parts to the four corners of the kingdom.
Dont be silly, the UK dont care so we will hang his parts in Hendon. Red House, Pallion and Grindon.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum