SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
Our next manager EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
Our next manager EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
Our next manager EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
Our next manager Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
Our next manager Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
Our next manager Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
Our next manager Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
Our next manager Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
Our next manager Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
Our next manager Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

Our next manager

Go down

Our next manager Empty Our next manager

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-09, 9:23 am

Its an obvious statement I know but the next manager will be a massive test for Donald and whoever takes over with investment.

Around 16 months ago Donald rode into town and just about everything he did and said was spot on, the desperation of us fans turned to hope, Ross turned losing into winning and Maja became an hero.

The rot seemed to start when Maja left and the feel good factor start to tarnish, yesterday for me was a very bad day, not because Ross was sacked but because the manager was sacked and that feeling of here we go again returned.

Whoever comes in must tick all the boxes and must get us up this season, go up and the good times will return, fail and the rot will set in and the big club favourites for promotion will just become the latest in a long line of one time big clubs who are no more.

I had hoped Ross would be here for years but feel that years will not  be the priority for his replacement, promotion and maybe a season in the championship will then it could be job done, thank you and move on and make way for a next level manager.

Many want SKP but not me because I feel we need experience not sentiment but the experience of a Pullis is not for me either. I hope Donald has more luck and idea than me in who to bring in.

Whoever it is needs to be here to take training next week.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Our next manager Empty Re: Our next manager

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-09, 12:40 pm

The wonderful world of Twitter, Ross out was the cry and lets get a managing in the fans can all get behind.

So far every name mentioned as the perfect fit is followed by no, not him, he is shit.

Now would be great time to get in a manager the club thinks is right then stick with him, novel I know but it may just work.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-10-09, 4:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The wonderful world of Twitter, Ross out was the cry and lets get a managing in the fans can all get behind.

So far every name mentioned as the perfect fit is followed by no, not him, he is shit.

Now would be great time to get in a manager the club thinks is right then stick with him, novel I know but it may just work.

I've seen a couple of stories online that SKP wants to become the new Sunderland manager, one is The Sun and the other is The Mail so not the most reliable of sources!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-09, 5:01 pm

Next manager? Daniel Stendel? I knew nothing about him except he was sacked from Barnsley yesterday but what i read below sounds very promising indeed.

Who is Daniel Stendel? The former Barnsley manager linked with the Sunderland job

Sunderland are on the lookout for Jack Ross' successor and Stendel is believed to have been contacted

Sean McCormick
15:49, 9 OCT 2019
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ex-Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel (Image: TIM EASTHOPE/BIRMINGHAM MAIL)

Sunderland have made contact with former Barnsley boss Daniel Stendel as they search for a new manager.
The Black Cats are on the hunt for Jack Ross' successor after he was relieved of his duties as Black Cats boss on Tuesday.
Stendel himself was sacked on Monday by Barnsley but having guided the Tykes to promotion from League One last season, it makes him an attractive option for Sunderland.
Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth, Coventry boss Mark Robins, former Derby manager Gary Rowett, Wigan boss Paul Cook and Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips are all names that have been linked with the vacancy in the last 24 hours.
But the Black Cats are understood to have made contact with Stendel. Here we detail everything you need to know about him.

How old is he?

What is his background?

Born in Frankfurt, Germany, Stendel enjoyed a 14-year spell as a professional footballer playing for the likes of Hamburg, SV Meppen, FC Gutersloh, Hannover 96 and St Pauli.
After ending his career at Hannover, Stendel moved into coaching with the club's under-19 setup.
In 2016, Stendel took his first steps into senior management, taking temporary charge of Hannover at the end of the 2015/16 season. He couldn't prevent Hannover's relegation from the Bundesliga but he remained in charge for the 2016/17 campaign.
Hannover made a positive start to the season but he was surprisingly sacked in March 2017 after a 0-0 draw at St Pauli left his side in fourth place. However, he had laid the foundations for a positive end to the season and Hannover ultimately won promotion to the Bundesliga two months later.
After a season out of the game, Stendel was seen as a left-field appointment as he took charge of Barnsley. The Tykes had been relegated to League One alongside Sunderland and despite the Black Cats being heavy favourites for automatic promotion, it was Barnsley who ultimately achieved it.
Stendel led a very young Barnsley squad to automatic promotion, finishing six points above Sunderland. Barnsley failed to add experience to their ranks over the summer - something which frustrated Stendel - and his team paid the price.
Barnsley won just one of their first 11 games this season and are second bottom of the Championship. On Monday, Stendel paid the ultimate price and was relieved of his duties.

What do people say about him?

Explaining why they appointed him as manager, former Barnsley CEO Gauthier Ganaye said of Stendel: "We've identified that the counter-press has been used by the most successful teams in the world and Daniel is one of the best coaches at doing that," Ganaye said.
"We identified him as a candidate as he's a coach that has a style of play that matches the mentality of club and town, it's attacking with flair and high intensity designed to press the opposition.
"As well as the style, Daniel has the philosophy of using and developing younger players which fits perfectly in our model too."
Andy Giddings, BBC Radio Sheffield's Sports Editor, spoke of Barnsley fans' disappointment at Stendel's sacking earlier this week.
"Many fans would blame the club's recruitment policy, not the head coach for the circumstances they find themselves in.
"And Reds fans are angered that a popular, promotion-winning, manager has left at a relatively early stage of the season.
"The use of a fairly brutal statement hasn't gone down well either.
"Barnsley use a 'Moneyball' spreadsheet model for finding players. Not all of them are going to work and trying to make the ones that do arrive work in a harder division than League One was always going to be tough." 
That was echoed in a statement from the Barnsley Supporters Trust, who thanked Stendel for his time at Oakwell.
“It was confirmed this morning that Daniel Stendel was leaving Barnsley Football Club with immediate effect.
“BFCST would like to go on record thanking Daniel for not only gaining promotion from League One in his first season in charge, and first season in England, but for immersing himself in the town, the values it holds, and the football club.
“We gained promotion to the Championship last season playing wonderful, attacking football, combined with a sense of togetherness that brought some fantastic memories for many supporters.
“Whilst we don’t want to challenge the club right now on the reasons for Daniel’s departure, we do ask that they consider a further statement this afternoon to enlighten the supporters on the current situation and to give their own thanks to Daniel Stendel for his contribution to the history of this great football club.
“We’re a town and club built on respect and hard work, and this morning’s one paragraph announcement doesn’t play to those values.
“We wish Daniel Stendel great success with his future career and will always consider him one of our own.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-09, 7:53 pm

My take from here is that the board are emerging as cheapskates with an obsession to reducing wage bills no matter what.  Syd mentioned Maja, but, based on various match reports of us being all over the place. we lack an organisin influence - somebody like Cattermole.

Like many before him Ross could have been with players who he would not have chosen.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-09, 9:29 pm

dont know why call me daft but i fancy Roy Keane back.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-10-09, 9:33 pm

barrowmackem wrote:dont know why call me daft but i fancy Roy Keane back.
I said that as well. I know he hasn't been a great success as a manager since he left us, but I loved him when he was here Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-10, 1:04 am

Hieronymus wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:dont know why call me daft but i fancy Roy Keane back.
I said that as well. I know he hasn't been a great success as a manager since he left us, but I loved him when he was here Smile
I doubt he would not be bothered about us now.  I hope we have a few candidates lined up given the way Ross was dismissed as we do not want to lose too much leeway if the stand in can't do it.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-10, 2:52 am

The new Sunderland manager will be one of the numerous names that people ITK say is all but confirmed. Maybe we will rotate them on a game by game basis.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-10, 2:32 pm

Wycombe Manager on his way to the SOL via Ponteland airport after Wycombe have him permission to talk to Sunderland earlier today.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-10, 2:35 pm

SUNDERLAND LATEST...
Sunderland have requested permission to speak to five managers currently in work with other clubs, Sky Sports News understands. 
We are told one of those five is Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth. 
Sunderland sacked Jack Ross on Tuesday with the side sitting sixth in League One. 

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-10, 2:40 pm

ROWETT ON MILLWALL SHORTLIST
Gary Rowett is on Millwall’s shortlist to take over as manager, but he isn’t interested in talking to Sunderland about their vacancy, SSN understands.
The former Stoke, Derby and Birmingham boas is said to be highly rated by Millwall’s board, as they look for a replacement for Neil Harris, who stepped down earlier this week.  
We’ve been told former Millwall and Everton player Tim Cahill is also under consideration for the job at The Den.  
Whilst Rowett is thought to admire Sunderland as a club, he isn’t interested in managing in League One.  
Millwall are keen to appoint a permanent replacement before the next game against Brentford on October 19th.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-10-10, 3:21 pm

cyprussyd wrote:SUNDERLAND LATEST...
Sunderland have requested permission to speak to five managers currently in work with other clubs, Sky Sports News understands. 
We are told one of those five is Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth. 
Sunderland sacked Jack Ross on Tuesday with the side sitting sixth in League One. 

Add Parkinson and Stendl to them, both out of work.

I would be happy with either of these two
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-10-10, 11:02 pm

I honestly don't think its going to make much of any difference to results so i just hope its not someone that proves a distraction

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-11, 1:54 am

I'll hang out for Arsene Wenger.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-12, 8:53 am

Former Bolton boss Phil Parkinson will hold talks with Sunderland this weekend over their managerial vacancy. (Sun)
Sunderland have also been given permission to talk

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  hammy on 2019-10-12, 9:54 am

I’ve long said Gareth Ainsworth will go on to bigger and better things. Living in Wycombe, I’ve seen them a fair few times and they play a nice passing and attacking game (stand fast the two games against us last season when they added in the shithousery).

He’s the manager for me if we can get him.
hammy
hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-12, 11:19 am

From the names in the press I would go for Stendel, remembering the game at SOL last season they certainly gave us a hell of a fright.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-10-12, 1:24 pm

I reckon we should go for a german by the name of Schitt…..because as soon as he loses a game that's what all the fans who wanted him will say both him, his tactics and the players are...and for once some of them may be right Rolling Eyes
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-12, 1:32 pm

Phil Parkinson 1/10 to become next Sunderland manager on Sky

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum