SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test?

Go down

Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test?

Post  Argus on 2019-10-08, 5:31 pm

Whilst I know that for quite a few it will be a welcome announcement, I must admit to being surprised at today's decision to dismiss Jack Ross.

Only a few weeks into the season and despite some below par recent performances we are still sitting comfortably at 6th in the table and for me that's OK.

I only hope that Donald has not succumbed to fan pressure because if he has, then he should be prepared to repeat the process regularly unless we are coasting whatever division we find ourselves in and producing entertaining football every week.

Unfortunately some fans have nil patience believing we have a divine right to success and will turn on the manager/board if things don't follow their desired upwards course.

Let's hope that I'm wrong and this decision was taken for reasons other than fan pressure.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty Re: Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test?

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-10-08, 5:39 pm

Donald could be doing has he is told.  Wink

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test? Empty Re: Could this be Stewart Donald's first big public test?

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-08, 5:53 pm

I honestly thought that the days of sack the manager was over. Football is littered with managers who are fed to the hounds, we also have those who the hounds wanted out, the owners said no and the manager became a massive success and legend.

Very down tonight.

Stewart Donald on the takeover:

“The decision with Jack had nothing do do with it [the takeover]

“The fact I can’t talk about the takeover means it’s still ongoing.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-10-08, 6:24 pm

It pains me to say this but I sincerely hope that the new man comes in and performs much worse than Jack just to stick it to the boo boys who have lost a good man his job!

Only Liverpool and Man. City have lost fewer games than Jack Ross, talk about a lack of patience, it is absolutely ludicrous that the deluded boo boys have won.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-08, 6:32 pm

canary-dave wrote:It pains me to say this but I sincerely hope that the new man comes in and performs much worse than Jack just to stick it to the boo boys who have lost a good man his job!

Only Liverpool and Man. City have lost fewer games than Jack Ross, talk about a lack of patience, it is absolutely ludicrous that the deluded boo boys have won.
Why don't you bugger off back to Norfolk or Somerset or wherever you are from.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-10-08, 6:37 pm

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:It pains me to say this but I sincerely hope that the new man comes in and performs much worse than Jack just to stick it to the boo boys who have lost a good man his job!

Why don't you bugger off back to Norfolk or Somerset or wherever you are from.8

I saw you lurking and was waiting for your four pennorth. 

At least you're a happy man seeing someone lose their job!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-08, 7:08 pm

canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Yeh im here to give my four pennorth as you call it because I am a Sunderland fan a SC holder and go to games home and away. That is my reason for being here, whats yours. You have had digs at me since I came on here, I am big enough and daft enough to take it. But when you start having a go at my team you have gone too far, wanting any new manager to fail. Like I say bugger off back where you came from ( in the words of DJT )
wanderer
wanderer
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-10-08, 7:28 pm

I understand your opening comment, even if in my opinion as possibly a little emotional. Your last paragraphs stat is I'm sure correct for you to post but I'm not sure how many owner/s would have accepted the draws given the investment to date, regardless of the division over the past 18 months.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-10-08, 8:09 pm

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Yeh im here to give my four pennorth as you call it because I am a Sunderland fan a SC holder and go to games home and away. That is my reason for being here, whats yours. You have had digs at me since I came on here, I am big enough and daft enough to take it. But when you start having a go at my team you have gone too far, wanting any new manager to fail. Like I say bugger off back where you came from ( in the words of DJT )

As you are new to the site I'll forgive you for thinking that I am not a fan. 

What I can't forgive is your constant negativity, it offers nothing to the team nor to the genuine supporters who support through thick and thin. 

As for me buggering off, fear not, I have it on very good authority that you won't have to put up with me for very much longer  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-08, 8:33 pm

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Except he didn't have a go at your team by comparing their loss record to Liverpool and Man C.  FYI Dave has been a welcome Norwich fan on here since day one so by comparison his opinion is as welcome as yours.  For what it is worth I go with him about the sacking and, like others, feel it could blow up in our face. But what do I know, I have only followed SAFC since 1948 and have no more right than you have to be critical of others on here than you have.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-10-08, 8:57 pm

canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

What I can't forgive is your constant negativity, it offers nothing to the team nor to the genuine supporters who support through thick and thin. 

As for me buggering off, fear not, I have it on very good authority that you won't have to put up with me for very much longer  like
Are you thick or just arguementative, how can you spin my wanting success for my team to be negative. and for genuine supporters what bit of SC HOLDER going to games home and away don't you understand. Now I am not trying to make you look stupid, youre dong a fine job of that yourself.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-10-08, 8:59 pm

I wasn't going to bother posting on here again but I feel I have to now. Wanting the next manager to fail is just ludicrous and not the wishes of a fan. Surely we all want Sunderland to succeed. Donald has the best interests of the club at heart whether you agree with what he's done or not. There were a lot of people doubting Ross, not just so called boo boys and there's no evidence to suggest he acted only on fan pressure. I'm sure he has his own mind and consulted with those close to him as well. I wish Ross could have got us promoted but that's gone now. He'll find work elsewhere. All Sunderland fans have to move on, wish the new man all the best and hope for good times.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-10-08, 9:27 pm

Kipper wrote:I wasn't going to bother posting on here again but I feel I have to now. Wanting the next manager to fail is just ludicrous and not the wishes of a fan. Surely we all want Sunderland to succeed. Donald has the best interests of the club at heart whether you agree with what he's done or not. There were a lot of people doubting Ross, not just so called boo boys and there's no evidence to suggest he acted only on fan pressure. I'm sure he has his own mind and consulted with those close to him as well. I wish Ross could have got us promoted but that's gone now. He'll find work elsewhere. All Sunderland fans have to move on, wish the new man all the best and hope for good times.
The voice of reason like

Ps. Keep posting Kipper.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-08, 9:53 pm

wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Are you thick or just arguementative, how can you spin my wanting success for my team to be negative. and for genuine supporters what bit of SC HOLDER going to games home and away don't you understand. Now I am not trying to make you look stupid, youre dong a fine job of that yourself.
  Can you give us a report on the game tonight?  Presumably you were there.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-08, 10:02 pm

Maybe we all need to take a step back, in football we all have opinions and at Sunderland we have more reason than most to get angry.

I'm sad to see Ross go but will welcome the next manager and pray he gets us up, I watched tonight's game and enjoyed it.

The king is dead long live the king

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-10-09, 12:39 am

i thought it was kind of selective (by the media) to refer to the fact that few teams have lost more games than Sunderland because the issue has not been losing games it that we have been drawing far too many - you get more points from winning 1 and losing 1 than you get from drawing 2 Smile

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-10-09, 1:05 am

The news we are getting here in Oz is that the "Take-Over" has fallen through and Ross has been sacked.
Sad days for Sunderland at the moment. How this great Club finished up in League One has got me tossed.
There is a Manager available by the name of Nigel Adkins who, I firmly believe, would fit the bill perfectly and take Sunderland back to it's former glory. Just my opinion but he has the experience but would need the backing of any new owners with some investment.
Panther
Panther
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-10-09, 2:28 am

fitz wrote:i thought it was kind of selective (by the media) to refer to the fact that few teams have lost more games than Sunderland because the issue has not been losing games it that we have been drawing far too many - you get more points from winning 1 and losing 1 than you get from drawing 2 Smile
By it takes a good one to get past you! Evil or Very Mad

That rule aside, for me the quality of the current squad appears to be at the root of our problem. We have searched for the best combinations all over the pitch without being able to nail it.

Just for devilment, let's not forget McGeady's penalty miss against Rotherham. Ross's fault of course.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-10-09, 8:46 am

May I say that this is a forum conducted with respect and understanding. We may not agree with others comments but I believe there is a freedom to express one's views without receiving abusive vitriol. I believe Wanderer's comments were totally out of order.  red
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-10-09, 9:11 am

Panther wrote:The news we are getting here in Oz is that the "Take-Over" has fallen through and Ross has been sacked.
Sad days for Sunderland at the moment. How this great Club finished up in League One has got me tossed.
There is a Manager available by the name of Nigel Adkins who, I firmly believe, would fit the bill perfectly and take Sunderland back to it's former glory. Just my opinion but he has the experience but would need the backing of any new owners with some investment.
What a good shout, had not crossed my mind but I would be happy with that

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum