SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Totally unacceptable
Jack Ross EmptyYesterday at 9:41 pm by Hieronymus

» The Don on the takeover
Jack Ross EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» One for sidMCFC
Jack Ross EmptyYesterday at 12:39 pm by Sid MCFC

» Oh Mr Ross
Jack Ross Empty2019-10-12, 10:02 pm by paddocklad

» Predictions Week 11
Jack Ross Empty2019-10-12, 1:37 pm by oldblackcat

» Our next manager
Jack Ross Empty2019-10-12, 1:32 pm by cyprussyd

» Club Statement
Jack Ross Empty2019-10-12, 11:31 am by Argus

» First Ross now the owners
Jack Ross Empty2019-10-12, 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» A very good morning Syd
Jack Ross Empty2019-10-12, 8:17 am by cyprussyd

» Just sit back and enjoy
Jack Ross Empty2019-10-11, 12:37 pm by Hieronymus

Jack Ross

Go down

Jack Ross Empty Jack Ross

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-16, 12:03 am

Despite what I consider a good start to the season Jack Ross is still a failure for many, now a story in The Sun, yes I did say the sun, has people all excited, they say big Sam wants to come back.

IMO some of our fans are still min denial and cant accept were we are and how we got here. We are, like it or not, a division one club and we got here through very bad management. 

Its a long road back and no matter how often we tell the world how big we are we can only get back to the premier league through hard work and realistic ambition.

We have spent little but under Ross we have built a good first division side, championship and premiership are the future, they are our aim but right now its a successful division one team we want and Ross, IMO, is building just that, we should be backing him 100% not talking about sacking him.

Stewart Donald has made it clear, Ross is here to stay so please get off his back because all the sack him talk only helps out competitors.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Jack Ross Empty Re: Jack Ross

Post  gil t azell on 2019-09-16, 7:24 am

Once again 100% spot on Syd.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-09-16, 7:41 am

I had reservations about JR when he was appointed as he lacked English experience.  Happy to take that back now based on his first season where we had a newly formed team and we just fell short of reasonable success and appeared to run out of steam.  He juggled his squad and got the best out of them.  Where we go from here is as much down to the owners as him, but that is nowt new.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-09-16, 7:51 am

Can't see BSA interested in a team with a transfer budget less than almost nothing.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-09-16, 8:59 am

Sadly I have realised that we have many stupid "fans" who haven't come to terms that ( like it or leave it) we are a third division team and not this big premier team that should win every game just because we are only playing accrington or rochdale or whoever.....Jack Ross could take the team on a straight ten match run and lose the eleventh game and people would still say he's crap and should be sacked...the bloke is doing a good job with little money... why are people so blind that they can't see this?...if people would just get off his back and let him get on with his job I'm sure he could deliver the promotion we all hope for
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-09-16, 9:03 am

I want Ross not Allardyce. Saw a couple of great games under Allardyce but there are so many reasons why he's the wrong fit now. Anyway - was the link not to do with Director of Football rather than manager? - I don't know but I don't want that either. His ego is not to be trusted and we're not after a short term fix. Everything we need to do should be for the long term interests of the club with long term planning. Allardyce is the last man we need.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-09-16, 9:23 am

Peterborough 3 goals first half pushed on after the break got another 3
Rotherham 3 goals first half pushed on after the break got another 3
Sunderland 3 goals first half ?
And you wonder why some of us are not happy
wanderer
wanderer
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-09-16, 9:46 am

wanderer wrote:Peterborough 3 goals first half pushed on after the break got another 3
And we all got 3 points. Sunderland sit above those teams. Do you want to be in their position rather than ours? If you're going to make any useful comparison, why not do it with the teams sitting above us (oh, they didn't do so well on Saturday did they? How incovenient.)
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-09-16, 10:33 am

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:Peterborough 3 goals first half pushed on after the break got another 3
And we all got 3 points. Sunderland sit above those teams. Do you want to be in their position rather than ours? If you're going to make any useful comparison, why not do it with the teams sitting above us (oh, they didn't do so well on Saturday did they? How incovenient.)

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-16, 10:46 am

Spot on, I do wonder

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-09-16, 11:06 am

If mediocrity is what you want, you will be happy. I want better.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-09-16, 11:53 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Spot on, I do wonder

like Laughing

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-09-16, 12:10 pm

wanderer wrote:If mediocrity is what you want, you will be happy. I want better.
I can't deny it - I'm always happy with a win, I'm a bit odd like that.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-09-16, 2:24 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:If mediocrity is what you want, you will be happy. I want better.

That's the trouble right there, we have had so much shite these past few years. Some like yourself are happy to accept any kind of display if its a win. But we should be demanding more. 3-1 up at half time and just settling for that. That's Ross all over, how many times has he tried to hold on to a 1 goal lead only to lose out. He,s that bloody dour he makes stamp collecting exciting.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-09-16, 2:35 pm

wanderer wrote:
Kipper wrote:

That's the trouble right there, we have had so much shite these past few years. Some like yourself are happy to accept any kind of display if its a win. But we should be demanding more. 3-1 up at half time and just settling for that. That's Ross all over, how many times has he tried to hold on to a 1 goal lead only to lose out. He,s that bloody dour he makes stamp collecting exciting.
Dour: relentlessly severe, stern, or gloomy in manner or appearance.

That actually describes your own way of looking at things. I think it might be the fantasy world you are occupying where despite everything that has happened in the last few years, Sunderland should be world beaters. 

Anyway, on Saturday the team did not do what you describe after getting a lead, they scored another.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-09-16, 4:51 pm

None of us are happy playing in the third division, Wandy, but it happened, and whilst we would all (probably) like to be 'putting opposition to the sword' most realise that we're not the best team in the world, and we are happy (after what we've endured 'lately') to be winning games.
Most realise that we need to learn how to 'walk before we can run' again first Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-09-16, 6:08 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:None of us are happy playing in the third division, Wandy, but it happened, and whilst we would all (probably) like to be 'putting opposition to the sword' most realise that we're not the best team in the world, and we are happy (after what we've endured 'lately') to be winning games.
Most realise that we need to learn how to 'walk before we can run' again first Wink
Spot on mate 
It’s going to be a long hard slog
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-09-16, 9:26 pm

calling everyone shite does not help.. We will never be a top club until we are all in it together..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-20, 9:03 am

Reading social media its very sad IMO to see the negativity about Jack Ross now starting to reach the local media.

Like all Sunderland fans I have endured more bad times than good with our two recent relegation seasons up at the top of the bad.

I look at Saturdays opponents and how they were days from oblivion and think that could so easily have been us.

And lets be honest, the relegation were bad but not unexpected, our success for far to long was the great escape years, how ambitious was that.

Stewart Donald, love him or hate him saved us and in one season has made massive strides to turn things around, I dont think some of our fans appreciate just how good a job he has done. One of his first jobs was to find a manager, his choice was an unknown manager from Scotland and its becoming very clear that some of our fans dont appreciate what he has done. I wont repeat what faced him, true fans know.

Yes we drew far to many games last season and yes missing out on promotion was hugely disappointing. I read how nothing has changed, I beg to differ. Our style of play and indeed results are a big improvement on last season.

The common cry from some, even on here is we are shit. I would suggest we are far from shit, we are however a first division team with first division players with first division skill level. Yes we have one or two exceptions like McGeady but we dont have any premiership players. They dont always get it right, their passing is sometimes off, thats what its like down here in division one.

They do however try very hard and do their very best and results show we are up there with the best in the division.

This is what Ross works with  in a new division for him, IMO he is doing just fine.

Fans are entitled to be critical, voice concerns, give opinions, thats a big part of football but the moronic, infantile and ignorant abuse of many is unacceptable and stupid in my honest opinion.

Ross said in his interview about Saturday that we are prepared for a challenging day, one brain of Britain quality comment was how shit, how negative, we should be slaughtering Bolton and he is talking of challenge. But thats what managers do, they dont say they are shit and we will slaughter them, its respecting your opposition, all managers have to do it.

Ross and some players are now mentioning the negativity around the club from a minority of fans. These people are doing nothing to help, maybe they dont really care, who knows.

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2019-09-20, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-20, 9:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:Reading social media its very sad IMO to see the negativity about Jack Ross now starting to reach the local media.

Like all Sunderland fans I have endured more bad times than good with our two recent relegation seasons up at the top of the bad.

I look at Saturdays opponents and how they were days from oblivion and think that could so easily have been us.

And lets be honest, the relegation were bad but not unexpected, our success for far to long was the great escape years, how ambitious was that.

Stewart Donald, love him or hate him saved us and in one season has made massive strides to turn things around, I dont think some of our fans appreciate just how good a job he has done. One of his first jobs was to find a manager, his choice was an unknown manager from Scotland and its becoming very clear that some of our fans dont appreciate what he has done. I wont repeat what faced him, true fans know.

Yes we drew far to many games last season and yes missing out on relegation promotion was hugely disappointing. I read how nothing has changed, I beg to differ. Our style of play and indeed results are a big improvement on last season.

The common cry from some, even on here is we are shit. I would suggest we are far from shit, we are however a first division team with first division players with first division skill level. Yes we have one or two exceptions like McGeady but we dont have any premiership players. They dont always get it right, their passing is sometimes off, thats what its like down here in division one.

They do however try very hard and do their very best and results show we are up there with the best in the division.

This is what Ross works with  in a new division for him, IMO he is doing just fine.

Fans are entitled to be critical, voice concerns, give opinions, thats a big part of football but the moronic, infantile and ignorant abuse of many is unacceptable and stupid in my honest opinion.

Ross said in his interview about Saturday that we are prepared for a challenging day, one brain of Britain quality comment was how shit, how negative, we should be slaughtering Bolton and he is talking of challenge. But thats what managers do, they dont say they are shit and we will slaughter them, its respecting your opposition, all managers have to do it.

Ross and some players are now mentioning the negativity around the club from a minority of fans. These people are doing nothing to help, maybe they dont really care, who knows.
Well said Syd.

I want us to have a better team. I want us to be able to spend millions on players. I want us to welcome the very best players in the world to the SOL and give them a thrashing. But we tried that, and due to poor stewardship, look where it landed us - almost like Bolton or Bury! These 'fans' need to give their heads a shake. We are where we are ONLY because of Donald and Ross. More importantly how exactly does calling for the manager's head, and all this negativity, help the team? We haven't even played double digits of games yet !! I don't understand it at all.

(BTW I assume you meant promotion, not relegation, a 'Freudian' slip if ever I saw one! tongue )
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-09-20, 9:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:Reading social media its very sad IMO to see the negativity about Jack Ross now starting to reach the local media.

Yes we drew far to many games last season and yes missing out on relegation was hugely disappointing. I read how nothing has changed, I beg to differ. Our style of play and indeed results are a big improvement on last season.

I agree. 

I can't be doing with Twitter though because of all the abuse. Would they do that face to face? Donald has only done good things for the club so I don't get why he gets grief. Even if he was just in it to make a quick buck (not true otherwise he'd just walk when the new owners are in place), he's still done all the right things for Sunderland - he's done what's needed.

Some people don't like Ross - but again, no need for abuse. I think he's done a good job in the circumstances. He was given two years to get us promoted and he very nearly achieved his own ambition and got us there in one but he got us a cup final along the way. We're on track - thanks Jack.

I often hear from our own fans that we're the best fans in the world. No we're not. Understand where we are and that we're not entitled to romp the division.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum