SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Political debates
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyToday at 12:54 am by cyprussyd

» Championship bubble waiting to burst?
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Steve30000

» Predictions week 18
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by barrowmackem

» McGeady
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyYesterday at 9:20 pm by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v Blackpool
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyYesterday at 7:25 pm by gil t azell

» Happy 82nd
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyYesterday at 6:32 pm by Hieronymus

» Sunderland to overhaul academy recruitment team
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyYesterday at 12:27 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )
Sunderland v Rotherham United EmptyYesterday at 12:12 am by Hieronymus

» Mcgeouch on his way?
Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty2019-12-11, 9:09 pm by Steve30000

» Bye bye time to go
Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty2019-12-11, 9:01 pm by Steve30000


Sunderland v Rotherham United

Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-14, 9:28 pm

The dream continues and some fans are still saying Ross is shit.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49941
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  gil t azell on 2019-09-15, 8:04 am

cyprussyd wrote:The dream continues and some fans are still saying Ross is shit.

He is. I had 4-1 on J's predictor. Ross out I say. Very Happy
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6186
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-09-16, 7:52 am

We need to improve our goal difference.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 450
Join date : 2014-06-03
Age : 77
Location : Melbourne Australia

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Chatbox is OPEN!

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-17, 8:13 pm

If anyone interested? Sorry for delay been out at meetings and things all day and just got home

1-0 to us not sure who scored but was first minute
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10265
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-17, 8:39 pm

Hieronymus wrote:If anyone interested? Sorry for delay been out at meetings and things all day and just got home

1-0 to us not sure who scored but was first minute
Mr McNulty and Mr McGeady should have made it 2

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49941
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-17, 9:44 pm

The best I can say is we did not lose on a night of draws

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49941
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  fitz on 2019-09-17, 10:46 pm

disappointing result but not the worst - should have won it (but could also have lost with what sounded like a good penalty shout for them turned down) - onwards and upwards

________________________________________________________
"Life,” said Marvin dolefully, “loathe it or ignore it, you can’t like it."
fitz
fitz
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 254
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  wanderer on 2019-09-17, 10:56 pm

fitz wrote:disappointing result but not the worst - should have won it (but could also have lost with what sounded like a good penalty shout for them turned down) - onwards and upwards
You obviously weren't there, from Geads missing the pen there was only one team in it. And it wasn't us.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 247
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  Kipper on 2019-09-18, 8:54 am

wanderer wrote:
fitz wrote:disappointing result but not the worst - should have won it (but could also have lost with what sounded like a good penalty shout for them turned down) - onwards and upwards
You obviously weren't there, from Geads missing the pen there was only one team in it. And it wasn't us.
I have to take exception to your assessment - our total and utter pathetic collapse came a bit later on Rolling Eyes . For the majority of the first half we were all over them. We should have been 3 or 4 up at the break if our finishing had been clinical - unfortunately, this is a league 1 team and finishing isn't always going to be clinical. 

Mcgeady's penalty was amongst the worst I've ever seen. What exactly was the point of the pause in his run up? I know he does it a lot but it has no use anymore as the keeper just waits. All it does is put him off his stride. Then he hits it so lightly. That was crap, there's no other word for it.

The 2nd half we fell apart and couldn't respond when Rotherham stepped it up.. The only sense of urgency came back agin after they scored. And how ridiculous was the defending for that goal? I could have got on to the pitch and closed some space quicker than our defence. Why he was left with so much space in the first place I don't know - it was like we didn't have a right back on the pitch at the time.

Then Wyke couldn't score with a one on one chance. Oh dear. 

Rallied towards the end but too late I'm afraid.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1555
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-18, 4:46 pm

There seemed to be to many out of sorts, lots of huff and puff but no houses blown down.

Big improvement needed for Saturday, it is a must win game for morale.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49941
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  gil t azell on 2019-09-18, 6:32 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:
fitz wrote:disappointing result but not the worst - should have won it (but could also have lost with what sounded like a good penalty shout for them turned down) - onwards and upwards
You obviously weren't there, from Geads missing the pen there was only one team in it. And it wasn't us.
I have to take exception to your assessment - our total and utter pathetic collapse came a bit later on Rolling Eyes . For the majority of the first half we were all over them. We should have been 3 or 4 up at the break if our finishing had been clinical - unfortunately, this is a league 1 team and finishing isn't always going to be clinical. 

Mcgeady's penalty was amongst the worst I've ever seen. What exactly was the point of the pause in his run up? I know he does it a lot but it has no use anymore as the keeper just waits. All it does is put him off his stride. Then he hits it so lightly. That was crap, there's no other word for it.

The 2nd half we fell apart and couldn't respond when Rotherham stepped it up.. The only sense of urgency came back agin after they scored. And how ridiculous was the defending for that goal? I could have got on to the pitch and closed some space quicker than our defence. Why he was left with so much space in the first place I don't know - it was like we didn't have a right back on the pitch at the time.

Then Wyke couldn't score with a one on one chance. Oh dear. 

Rallied towards the end but too late I'm afraid.
Perfect summing up kipper. I also thought they should have had a penna.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6186
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 59
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Rotherham United Empty Re: Sunderland v Rotherham United

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum