SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» A reality check
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 1:35 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Mid week 07
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 1:18 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Week 07
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 1:04 pm by canary-dave

» Predictions
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 12:32 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 11
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 12:30 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 10
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 12:30 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 09
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 12:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 08
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 12:28 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» League Table Week 07
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 12:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Jack Ross
 international fans’ day, EmptyToday at 12:10 pm by Kipper

international fans’ day,

Go down

international fans’ day, Empty international fans’ day,

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-05, 3:36 pm

Sunderland AFC has a thriving supporters branch network, with over 50 UK-based branches and 35 overseas groups.
To recognise its growing international fanbase, the Branch Liaison Council, which represents every branch in the UK and worldwide, has joined forces with the club to host an international fans’ day, when Sunderland AFC take on Ipswich Town on Saturday 08 February 2020.
The event has grown from an original approach to the Branch Liaison Council (BLC) from USA-based supporter John Ellington.
Fans from across the globe will be invited to join what will be a special gathering to celebrate Sunderland AFC’s incredible support around the world.
Speaking about the event, Sunderland AFC chairman Stewart Donald said: “This is a great idea and our thanks go to the members of the BLC for their hard work in putting together such a packed itinerary.
“Our north east fan base is thriving, and we are also seeing an increase in interest from supporters from outside the UK, no doubt due on no small part by the success of the recent Netflix ‘Sunderland ‘til I Die’ documentary.
"Wearside is famous for the warmth of its welcome and it will be wonderful to meet some of our many international supporters on the day."
Cath Reid, secretary of the Branch Liaison Council: “We are excited at the prospect of meeting up with some of our many international members. They are an important part of our Sunderland family and hopefully this can become an annual event, growing year on year.”
The BLC has put together a packed schedule of activities aimed at giving international visitors a true taste of Sunderland, including two matches at the Stadium of Light.
The schedule includes:
FRIDAY 07
A tour of the Stadium of Light and history talk from a Sunderland AFC former player.
Fans Party, to be held at the Fans Museum in Sunderland, affording an opportunity for supporters to mix with each other and enjoy some of our famous Sunderland hospitality.
SATURDAY 08
Supporters get together in the SAFC Fan Zone for pre-match drinks and entertainment SAFC v Ipswich Town, Stadium of Light
Post-match drinks and food in Sunderland
SUNDAY 09
A tour of the Beacon of Light and presentation from the Foundation of Light, showcasing their life-changing work in the local community.
International supporters interested in attending should email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

international fans’ day, Empty Re: international fans’ day,

Post  gil t azell on 2019-09-05, 6:53 pm

Once again great to hear.

Everything seems to be a positive at the moment and after the horror of the last couple of seasons I am absolutely delighted for our club and fans. Long may it continue.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-05, 10:39 pm

That is brilliant - what a great initiative . Well done to all involved Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-06, 12:22 pm

Hieronymus wrote:That is brilliant - what a great initiative . Well done to all involved Very Happy
Cath ReId deserves so much credit for the work she does for the BLC, BTW my leader at Coxhoe, Jim Gilling is the chairman of the BLC.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-06, 3:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:That is brilliant - what a great initiative . Well done to all involved Very Happy
Cath ReId deserves so much credit for the work she does for the BLC, BTW my leader at Coxhoe, Jim Gilling is the chairman of the BLC.
clapy clapy clapy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-09-06, 11:17 pm

Well I will be arriving several months too early. Bit disappointed that club has changed it's policy on stadium tours and now only available late in week and not early in week which is when I am visiting. So will miss out on that one. Also is anyone else an international member as I joined in july and apart from initial email have heard no more. Also several of the benefits stated now have vanished from the list of goodies. Will email the club today .
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-09-07, 8:19 am

Well I will be arriving several months too early. Bit disappointed that club has changed it's policy on stadium tours and now only available late in week and not early in week which is when I am visiting. So will miss out on that one. Also is anyone else an international member as I joined in july and apart from initial email have heard no more. Also several of the benefits stated now have vanished from the list of goodies. Will email the club today .
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-07, 8:22 pm

oxfordshire wrote:Well I will be arriving several months too early.  Bit disappointed that club has changed it's policy on stadium tours and now only available late in week and not early in week which is when I  am visiting. So will miss out on that one. Also is anyone else an international member as I joined in july and apart from initial email have heard no more. Also several of the benefits stated now have vanished from the list of goodies. Will email the club today .
When will you be here and what game(s) you attending? We need to arrange a meet up if possible.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-09-08, 3:19 am

Hieronymus wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Well I will be arriving several months too early.  Bit disappointed that club has changed it's policy on stadium tours and now only available late in week and not early in week which is when I  am visiting. So will miss out on that one. Also is anyone else an international member as I joined in july and apart from initial email have heard no more. Also several of the benefits stated now have vanished from the list of goodies. Will email the club today .
When will you be here and what game(s) you attending? We need to arrange a meet up if possible.
Thanks H. I fly in to n........ airport on the afternoon of 20 october, staying 3 nights at hilton garden inn and then fly back to Heathrow morning of 23 oct and catch singapore airlines flight back to Melbourne that evening. Match 22nd v tranmere I think. Arrive uk 30 sept stay in oxfordshire with one of my daughters and her 50th birthday. See my grandson play for oxford united under 16s. Love to catch up.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-08, 2:47 pm

Stadium tour sorted mate, email and quote this from James and he will sort it

[size=15]James Wallace

@JWallaceSAFC

·
30m

Replying to
@SunderMad
@stewartdonald3
and
@CWaters_SAFC
Our official stadium tours run on a Friday, Saturday (non home match day) and Sunday. However, if you email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I can arrange a day and time to personally show him the dressing room and pitchside.[/size]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-08, 8:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Stadium tour sorted mate, email and quote this from James and he will sort it

James Wallace

@JWallaceSAFC

·
30m

Replying to
@SunderMad
@stewartdonald3
and
@CWaters_SAFC
Our official stadium tours run on a Friday, Saturday (non home match day) and Sunday. However, if you email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I can arrange a day and time to personally show him the dressing room and pitchside.
Fabulous! You are such a star Syd.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-08, 8:24 pm

oxfordshire wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Thanks H. I fly in to n........ airport on the afternoon of 20 october, staying 3 nights at hilton garden inn and then fly back to Heathrow morning of 23 oct and catch singapore airlines flight back to Melbourne that evening. Match 22nd v tranmere I think. Arrive uk 30 sept stay in oxfordshire with one of my daughters and her 50th birthday. See my grandson play for oxford united under 16s. Love to catch up.
Me and Mr H will come to Tranmere game - been so long since I made it to a match! Prefer night games too.

Anyone want to meet up for a drink before hand in the bar at the Hilton and meet our friend oxfordshire?  Or elsewhere nearby - just not a huge fan of standing in the cold and potential rain outside the Colliery Tavern!
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-09-09, 3:42 am

Thanks syd. You are a champion. I owe you a drink.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-09, 10:05 am

oxfordshire wrote:Thanks syd. You are a champion. I owe you a drink.
You are very, very welcome and if you need tickets just shout out. Looking forward to shaking your hand on the day

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-09-10, 11:08 am

Look forward to it. Will coordinate re tickets to be seated together maybe anyone without a season card.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-10, 5:21 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Me and Mr H will come to Tranmere game - been so long since I made it to a match! Prefer night games too.

Anyone want to meet up for a drink before hand in the bar at the Hilton and meet our friend oxfordshire?  Or elsewhere nearby - just not a huge fan of standing in the cold and potential rain outside the Colliery Tavern!
The Colliery Tavern is a great place for meet ups but my old legs are no longer keen on walking or standing so a no go for me.
The Hilton is a popular spot and can get very full and we also have the option of the fan zone, the plus is you get to meet Charlie at the bar, the negative it can be cold in October and again seats are rare.

I am happy with any option and will be there around 6.30 when the bus lands.

Tell me where and when and I will be there with hugs for the boys and kisses for the girls.

RULES
No tongues
No BREXIT
No politics 
And no cricket

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-09-11, 9:24 am

Hi cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

The Colliery Tavern is a great place for meet ups but my old legs are no longer keen on walking or standing so a no go for me.
The Hilton is a popular spot and can get very full and we also have the option of the fan zone, the plus is you get to meet Charlie at the bar, the negative it can be cold in October and again seats are rare.

Tell me where and when and I will be there with hugs for the boys and kisses for the girls.

RULES
No tongues
No BREXIT
No politics 
And no cricket
Yeh name a place 
Me and our Michael will try and make it 
We sometimes get the supporters bus or the service bus and then  return on the supporters bus
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2019-09-11, 8:17 pm

Vincemac wrote:
Hi cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

RULES
No tongues
No BREXIT
No politics 
And no cricket
Yeh name a place 
Me and our Michael will try and make it 
We sometimes get the supporters bus or the service bus and then  return on the supporters bus
Me too.. If I can make it over for  a beer or three I will be there..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum