SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

Shit and fan come to mind

Go down

Shit and fan come to mind Empty Shit and fan come to mind

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-28, 9:38 am

Brexit latest: Queen 'to be asked to suspend Parliament TODAY' - Boris heads to Balmoral

THE Queen could be asked today to prorogue Parliament after a request from Prime Minister Boris Johnson as he steps up his plans for a no deal Brexit, according to senior BBC sources.

By REBECCA PERRING
PUBLISHED: 08:59, Wed, Aug 28, 2019 | UPDATED: 09:35, Wed, Aug 28, 2019

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Queen could be asked to agree to prorogue parliament (Image: EXPRESS)
The Queen, who is currently in Balmoral, could be asked to agree to suspend parliament days after MPs have returned to work next week. BBC political editor Laura Kuennsberg said the Privy Council could meet at Balmoral today to discuss Boris Johnson's new administration holding a Queen's speech on October 14.

RELATED ARTICLES

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Dan Hannan FURY at Labour plot - ‘It’s not hard Brexit that scares the

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Nigel Farage's brutal attack on Jeremy Corbyn's plan to thwart Brexit

This extension of the conference recess would push back the Queen's speech until later on in October. 
The move would mean MPs have limited time to block a no deal Brexit. 
A No 10 source told the BBC: "It's time a new government and new PM set out a plan for the country after we leave the EU."
PROMOTED STORY

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]True revolutions start in the heart. The new LEXION 8000-5000(Claas)

[ltr][/ltr]

BBC's Nick Robinson tweeted: "Hearing that the Queen could be asked to agree to prorogue parliament as early as today. She’s in Balmoral. Would be done by Order in Council. Only one source. Not confirmed. Watch this space."  

BBC's political editor Laura Kuenssberg tweeted: "Johnson govt to hold Queen's speech on 14th October, will be confirmed by privy council at Balmoral today - No 10 says it's all biz as usual for a new govt, but has useful political side effect that denies MPs time to try to stop no deal
"Parliament likely to meet therefore from next Monday until around the 11th of September - understand Downing St thinks they have some legal protection from court cases if they are suspending Parliament to come back with a Queen's Speech - there is going to be HUGE row." 
A former minister told The Times: "It's outrageous and profoundly undemocratic. It's not the action of someone who is serious about getting a deal."
A Downing Street source told the BBC it would be a "bog-standard" Queen's Speech process about "improving the NHS, helping police fight violent crime, stopping violent criminals getting out early, investing in science + infrastructure, and attacking the cost of living with aggressive tax cuts + other measures".
Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon tweeted: "So it seems that BorisJohnson may actually be about to shut down Parliament to force through a no deal Brexit.
"Unless MPs come together to stop him next week, today will go down inhistory as a dark one indeed for UK democracy."
Proroguing marks the end of a session of Parliament and is the name given to the period between the end of one session and the state opening of a new session.
Prorogation happens once a year for a short period, usually in April or May.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Shit and fan come to mind Empty Re: Shit and fan come to mind

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-28, 7:57 pm

I am sure you can all imagine my thoughts on this farce - what ever happend to democracy or honour among politicians? Where is the Parliamentary Sovereignty that the Brexit referendum was supposed to protect? How is this taking back control to the UK Parliament when an UNELECTED Prime Minister can run roughshod over a thousand yaars of Parliamentary process. I cannot see how even many of his own MPs will allow him to get away with this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-28, 8:00 pm

A very good start with democracy would be leaving the EU and following the democratic vote

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-28, 8:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:A very good start with democracy would be leaving the EU and following the democratic vote

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-28, 8:05 pm

I have to say, I'm Labour born and bred and I have always thought Boris was a bit of a tosser, but I am loving this latest escapade and I seriously hope that he gets away with it and leads us out of this undemocratically formed United Europe!  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-28, 9:52 pm

canary-dave wrote:I have to say, I'm Labour born and bred and I have always thought Boris was a bit of a tosser, but I am loving this latest escapade and I seriously hope that he gets away with it and leads us out of this undemocratically formed United Europe!  like
Bollocks - the EU could not do what Boris has done. It's a disgrace and an affront to anyone who believes in the rule of law and parliamentary democracy.

NO ONE should be able to overrule Parliament - the UK has a representative democracy and our MPs are the country's decision makers - not voters. If you don't like your MPs decisions you should have the opportunity to remove them and replace with someone you prefer - but what Boris has done today is take that right from you and all voters. It stinks of a privileged elite laughing at the ordinary oiks.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-08-28, 10:12 pm

A government created crisis with too many divided parties so something has to happen.  A no-confidence vote will sort it out, but finish the UK regardless.

Johnson has gone for broke and it is the nation that will suffer.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-08-28, 11:42 pm

The nation voted to leave the E.U. (which is not the E.E.C. that 'we' voted to join) and Boris is doing all that he can to do what the electorate wanted, despite his predecessors doing virtually now't for 3 years ('cos they expected/hoped for a u-turn), so to describe this as being undemocratic just because it's from a different party than the one that you favour is absolutely ludicrous and self-serving Sad . . . . making it obvious to me that no matter what the conservatives do (and it's also obvious that it's got now't to do with Boris being in charge . . . . that's just a point to pick on), some will automatically disagree   fight
That attitude doesn't help anyone  Mad
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-29, 8:15 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:The nation voted to leave the E.U. (which is not the E.E.C. that 'we' voted to join) and Boris is doing all that he can to do what the electorate wanted, despite his predecessors doing virtually now't for 3 years ('cos they expected/hoped for a u-turn), so to describe this as being undemocratic just because it's from a different party than the one that you favour is absolutely ludicrous and self-serving Sad . . . . making it obvious to me that no matter what the conservatives do (and it's also obvious that it's got now't to do with Boris being in charge . . . . that's just a point to pick on), some will automatically disagree   fight
Well this post just about sums it up for me.

I voted leave and the remainers are correct in saying I did not vote to leave how we are but who is to blame for us being where we are, not Boris for me but I blame the minority of hard line BREIXEERS in the Tory party and the majority in other parties who have done all they can to stop BREXIT.

If they had voted for Mays deal Boris would not be PM and we would not be heading for the cliff edge.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-29, 1:19 pm

If I saw an old person trying to get across a busy street I would get involved and make sure they crossed safely. if I saw a child in the park crying because others would not play with him I would comfort him and try and get the others to let him join in. If I saw a distressed person standing on the parapet of a bridge I would talk to them and try to help them realise life is always worth living.

I see my country literally on the brink of the most self-harm beyond anyone's worst imaginings - and people being almost gleeful about it 'because it is the nation's will'. although only 37% voted to leave and most Brexiteers are against a No Deal or May's awful deal. I consider it my duty, as a citizen and a human being, to speak up against the impending disaster, even when many are covering their ears and refusing to listen.

I did not bring my personal politics into this thread. This is about the future of our Parliamentary democracy, the Union, our place in the world and the fate of every ordinary man, woman and child in the UK. Even senior Brexiteer Tories are desperately concerned about what the PM has done. And so should every one of us be concerned. This is no joke by Boris the buffoon, it is a calculated ploy and a power grab and it will not be him and his rich and powerful colleagues who will suffer when we cannot get prescription drugs, or eat meat more than once a week, or there is a run on the pound, and car and other manufacturers leave for Europe - and they will - I truly believe this because capitalists only think about bottom line. Even the small things like going on holiday to mainland Europe will not be that easy any more and roaming charges will return too.

I know none of these arguments hold sway with many of you - I seem to be a lone voice and the views I hold are dismissed as 'remoaner' scaremongering - but thankfully we don't have that much longer to wait now to find out what the future holds for us all. I am not optimistic right now.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-29, 4:00 pm

I can feel your passion H but I will discount the first bit about old people crossing roads.

I voted leave and you are correct in thinking In did not vote for no deal however its who I place the blame on that is my problem.

I believe that the vast majority of MP's from all parties never wanted us to leave and I am fine with that. I also accept that I was told lies from both sides of the argument and its a sum total of all of this that brings us to where we are today.

I am not at all sure of how big a disaster a no deal BREXIT would be and I am very unsure who to believe, they all lied to e in the past and most want us to stay, all this leaves me in a very distrusting place and I blame each and every one of the MP's who in my opinion have done all they can to stop BREXIT.

Cameron ran away because he lost his gamble, we were never ever supposed to vote leave.
May was given an impossible job, a job she did very badly but she had extremists on both sides squeezing her. Now Corbyn, or maybe Corbys shadow cabinet have let me down, after voting for article 50 and telling me they would back and deliver BREXIT honouring the vote they have now turned full circle and say they will campaign for staying in the EU.

Boris is playing a dangerous game, one that could cost him his job but I believe he is sending a very strong message to the EU, give us a deal or we will walk. Time will tell if it will work, I hope it does.

I feel no guilt for where we are, I did not ask for a referendum but got one, I did not vote out because of immigration but have been told by many I am a racist, a fool, a traitor and much more. All I am guilty of is voting for my reasons to leave when asked, if remain had won I would have had no problem with that but we voted leave.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-29, 4:16 pm

Syd, you have summed it up perfectly for me, H, I know my opinion made you angry, I could tell by your one word explosion in your reply to me. 

Like Syd, I voted leave and my vote had nothing to do with immigration or even £350 M to the NHS. I just don't like having to obey laws passed by Eurocrats that I cannot vote for or against.

There's so much more I want to say but I really don't have the time or the inclination right now, if my tests for bowel cancer prove negative on Monday week (9th) then I will get it all off my chest!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-29, 4:24 pm

canary-dave wrote:Syd, you have summed it up perfectly for me, H, I know my opinion made you angry, I could tell by your one word explosion in your reply to me. 

Like Syd, I voted leave and my vote had nothing to do with immigration or even £350 M to the NHS. I just don't like having to obey laws passed by Eurocrats that I cannot vote for or against.

There's so much more I want to say but I really don't have the time or the inclination right now, if my tests for bowel cancer prove negative on Monday week (9th) then I will get it all off my chest!
Good luck on Monday week you old bugger

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-08-29, 8:55 pm

I wish you all luck no matter what Brexit happens.   I am sure a re-formed Tory government shored up by a UKIP/Brexit Party will be the way forward.
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-30, 11:53 am

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-09-01, 8:58 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:The nation voted to leave the E.U. (which is not the E.E.C. that 'we' voted to join) and Boris is doing all that he can to do what the electorate wanted, despite his predecessors doing virtually now't for 3 years ('cos they expected/hoped for a u-turn), so to describe this as being undemocratic just because it's from a different party than the one that you favour is absolutely ludicrous and self-serving Sad . . . . making it obvious to me that no matter what the conservatives do (and it's also obvious that it's got now't to do with Boris being in charge . . . . that's just a point to pick on), some will automatically disagree   fight

Well said GA.

As you are all well aware I am more in the Billy mould as opposed to the more eloquent genteel amongst us here on this little forum so heres my take on it.

17.4 million people voted to leave. David "pig f*cker"Cameron said it would be the people who decided not 650 MP's. Well he lied, he f*cked off as soonas the vote went against him. Him and the 650 MP's should be sacked for gross misconduct for not doing their jobs. 

We, the electorate, should never have been given the option of a referendum in the 1st place. That's what a democratically elected government is there for. To make these decisions. Obviously they did not have the balls to do it. Now whatever goes tits up the people, the electorate, us, will get the blame.

There will be problems, there will be hassle but the one reason I voted out is to get rid of all these w*nkers such as the Kinnocks ( 2 faced lying hypocritical Welsh b*stard), Juncker and all the unelected pricks who can see the gravy train disappearing.

F*ck them. F*ck them all.

Regardless of whether we stay in or come out the working man gets shafted.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-01, 9:27 am

gil t azell wrote:

Well said GA.

As you are all well aware I am more in the Billy mould as opposed to the more eloquent genteel amongst us here on this little forum so heres my take on it.

17.4 million people voted to leave. David "pig f*cker"Cameron said it would be the people who decided not 650 MP's. Well he lied, he f*cked off as soonas the vote went against him. Him and the 650 MP's should be sacked for gross misconduct for not doing their jobs. 

We, the electorate, should never have been given the option of a referendum in the 1st place. That's what a democratically elected government is there for. To make these decisions. Obviously they did not have the balls to do it. Now whatever goes tits up the people, the electorate, us, will get the blame.

There will be problems, there will be hassle but the one reason I voted out is to get rid of all these w*nkers such as the Kinnocks ( 2 faced lying hypocritical Welsh b*stard), Juncker and all the unelected pricks who can see the gravy train disappearing.

F*ck them. F*ck them all.

Regardless of whether we stay in or come out the working man gets shafted.
Billyest at its best but I understood every word and agree

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-09-01, 10:36 am

My last words on this page:

Why do people keep referring to the "EU" as unelected? Clearly the 27 member states elected their MEPs in June, ironically two of them from this Region for Brexit Party (who if they had any honour would refuse to accept their pay and expenses from the EU , but of course they don't).

The answer is: Due to the deliberate and targeted efforts of the Sun, Mail, Express, Telegraph and Times that realise if you repeat a lie enough times it seems the British public are taken in by it, exactly what Murdoch et al want; a compliant electorate enabling the elite establishment to preserve the status quo.

This article explains it, if anyone is interested in reading the facts: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-01, 11:17 am

For political junkies like me, no not an active member of the political classes more a lover of political drama, the coming week should make riveting viewing.

I watched Michael Gove on the Marr show this morning, now there we have a master at answering the questions not asked, a man who must know that nobody believes a word he says. It seems the real reason for proroguing Parliament is nothing to do with BREXIT but it is in fact Boris giving in to Labours demands for a new queens speech.

I hope you all now feel bad about doubting Boris, we know Michael is a clever man who would not lie.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-09-01, 12:32 pm

I wish that bloody blue in would dry up.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-01, 12:47 pm

wanderer wrote:
I wish that bloody blue in would dry up.
Its not ink, he writes it in his blood

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-09-01, 4:02 pm

One thing that winds me up more than anything is remaiers saying not everybody voted. I'm sorry but those who were entitled to vote but didn't bother have absolutely no right to complain about the outcome!!!!

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-09-01, 5:40 pm

Hieronymus wrote:My last words on this page:

Why do people keep referring to the "EU" as unelected? Clearly the 27 member states elected their MEPs in June, ironically two of them from this Region for Brexit Party (who if they had any honour would refuse to accept their pay and expenses from the EU , but of course they don't).

The answer is: Due to the deliberate and targeted efforts of the Sun, Mail, Express, Telegraph and Times that realise if you repeat a lie enough times it seems the British public are taken in by it, exactly what Murdoch et al want; a compliant electorate enabling the elite establishment to preserve the status quo.

This article explains it, if anyone is interested in reading the facts: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
When the referendum was called I was honestly torn between stay or go, I can see many benefits of the EU but I also felt a lot of unease, I was and still am a big fan of the common market but the EU has long since moved on from the common market.

In the end it wasn't the bus, immigration, the cost of being in or for that matter members of the EU parliament, t was a feeling of losing our identity I guess and a gut feeling is all it was. Like many who voted I was happy when leave won but would not have been upset if we had stayed, it was that close for me.

The past 3 years have moved me and if we had a second referendum I would vote leave without a second thought and Its parliament and many remainders who have driven me there.

Over the years I have become increasingly angry, fed up, frustrated and felt insulted by many. I have read how people like me voted to keep foreigners out because I am racist. That I have been duped like a fool by Boris and company. That others know best and I know nowt. Maybe its all in my mind, maybe I am wrong but that is honestly how I feel.

I never ever wanted to leave Europe, just the EU and I foolishly thought that our politicians and the EU were adult enough and intelligent enough to come to a sensible agreement that would be good for both sides. Looks like I was wrong.

I have no idea what will happen but if we go back on the referendum result I do know I will never vote again, I dont see the point.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-09-01, 7:12 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:My last words on this page:

When the referendum was called I was honestly torn between stay or go, I can see many benefits of the EU but I also felt a lot of unease, I was and still am a big fan of the common market but the EU has long since moved on from the common market.

In the end it wasn't the bus, immigration, the cost of being in or for that matter members of the EU parliament, t was a feeling of losing our identity I guess and a gut feeling is all it was. Like many who voted I was happy when leave won but would not have been upset if we had stayed, it was that close for me.

The past 3 years have moved me and if we had a second referendum I would vote leave without a second thought and Its parliament and many remainders who have driven me there.

Over the years I have become increasingly angry, fed up, frustrated and felt insulted by many. I have read how people like me voted to keep foreigners out because I am racist. That I have been duped like a fool by Boris and company. That others know best and I know nowt. Maybe its all in my mind, maybe I am wrong but that is honestly how I feel.

I never ever wanted to leave Europe, just the EU and I foolishly thought that our politicians and the EU were adult enough and intelligent enough to come to a sensible agreement that would be good for both sides. Looks like I was wrong.

I have no idea what will happen but if we go back on the referendum result I do know I will never vote again, I dont see the point.

APPL APPL APPL

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2019-09-01, 10:04 pm

So far politicians in UK and EU have taken a bashing for being open and honest.  What about the method and disinformation that led to Brexit produced by the likes of Dominic Cumming and Farage?
Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum