SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Mcgeady and Maguire eating McDonald's food
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyToday at 10:07 pm by Steve30000

» Battle
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by Steve30000

» An explanation please ( im looking forward to the answers )
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyToday at 9:21 pm by fitz

» Predictions week 18
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyToday at 10:52 am by Hieronymus

» Political debates
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyToday at 10:35 am by canary-dave

» Results week 17
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 11:25 pm by Hieronymus

» Syd, simple answer to a simple question please
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Mr N Warnock
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:46 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table Week 17
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» My grandson playing for oxford united under 17s.
Accrington Stanley v Sunderland EmptyYesterday at 9:40 pm by Black Cat Kiwi


Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-12, 8:35 am

Well Tuesday evening sees us travel to the Wham stadium for our first game in this years Carabao cup, cant wait, can you?

I really want us out of this competition ASP, did it cost bus promotion last season, probably not but it certainly did not help. There really is just one objective this season and its not a trip to Wembley in this competition.

The team I think will be very much a game for those who need it and a training session to get a system that works.

Mind all that said I will still be paying my ten pounds if its streamed.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-12, 9:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well Tuesday evening sees us travel to the Wham stadium for our first game in this years Carabao cup, cant wait, can you?

I really want us out of this competition ASP, did it cost bus promotion last season, probably not but it certainly did not help. There really is just one objective this season and its not a trip to Wembley in this competition.

The team I think will be very much a game for those who need it and a training session to get a system that works.

Mind all that said I will still be paying my ten pounds if its streamed.
I think it was the Checkatrade that caused us problems not the Carabao. However, same logic applies. I'm not bothered about the cups either this year but if we lose against Accrington the no doubt the knives will be sharpened by some fans. 

Does Ross's first choice team need this as a practice game in a different system or do we need to try different players? I'd really like to see Kimpioka given a chance with McNulty to see how that works but there's all sorts of things that Ross can do to mix things up.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-12, 11:53 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well Tuesday evening sees us travel to the Wham stadium for our first game in this years Carabao cup, cant wait, can you?

I really want us out of this competition ASP, did it cost bus promotion last season, probably not but it certainly did not help. There really is just one objective this season and its not a trip to Wembley in this competition.

The team I think will be very much a game for those who need it and a training session to get a system that works.

Mind all that said I will still be paying my ten pounds if its streamed.
I think it was the Checkatrade that caused us problems not the Carabao. However, same logic applies. I'm not bothered about the cups either this year but if we lose against Accrington the no doubt the knives will be sharpened by some fans. 

Does Ross's first choice team need this as a practice game in a different system or do we need to try different players? I'd really like to see Kimpioka given a chance with McNulty to see how that works but there's all sorts of things that Ross can do to mix things up.
A flat back 4 may be a good start

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-08-12, 12:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well Tuesday evening sees us travel to the Wham stadium for our first game in this years Carabao cup, cant wait, can you?

I really want us out of this competition ASP, did it cost bus promotion last season, probably not but it certainly did not help. There really is just one objective this season and its not a trip to Wembley in this competition.

The team I think will be very much a game for those who need it and a training session to get a system that works.

Mind all that said I will still be paying my ten pounds if its streamed.
I think it was the Checkatrade that caused us problems not the Carabao. However, same logic applies. I'm not bothered about the cups either this year but if we lose against Accrington the no doubt the knives will be sharpened by some fans. 

Does Ross's first choice team need this as a practice game in a different system or do we need to try different players? I'd really like to see Kimpioka given a chance with McNulty to see how that works but there's all sorts of things that Ross can do to mix things up.
A flat back 4 may be a good start
Result of this one means nowt to me , however would like to see players coming back from injuries etc given a run out and those having had a hard time first two games ie Hume , Mclaughlin (defender) , Grigg given an opportunity under no pressure to have 'a go' .
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
First team squad
First team squad

Posts : 35
Join date : 2019-07-19

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-12, 12:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well Tuesday evening sees us travel to the Wham stadium for our first game in this years Carabao cup, cant wait, can you?

I really want us out of this competition ASP, did it cost bus promotion last season, probably not but it certainly did not help. There really is just one objective this season and its not a trip to Wembley in this competition.

The team I think will be very much a game for those who need it and a training session to get a system that works.

Mind all that said I will still be paying my ten pounds if its streamed.
I think it was the Checkatrade that caused us problems not the Carabao. However, same logic applies. I'm not bothered about the cups either this year but if we lose against Accrington the no doubt the knives will be sharpened by some fans. 

Does Ross's first choice team need this as a practice game in a different system or do we need to try different players? I'd really like to see Kimpioka given a chance with McNulty to see how that works but there's all sorts of things that Ross can do to mix things up.
A flat back 4 may be a good start
Don't confuse him Very Happy
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 240
Join date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Rovertsafc on 2019-08-12, 2:08 pm

Burge in,Kimpioka in,Ozturk in,loovens in,Power in, Leadbitter in,Grigg in,Wyke in if fit.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2012-08-24
Age : 58
Location : Bishop Aukland

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-12, 3:04 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:Burge in,Kimpioka in,Ozturk in,loovens in,Power in, Leadbitter in,Grigg in,Wyke in if fit.
You could have put,


Burge,Kimpioka,Ozturk,loovens,Power, Leadbitter,Grigg all in and Wyke in if fit

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-12, 3:13 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:Burge in,Kimpioka in,Ozturk in,loovens in,Power in, Leadbitter in,Grigg in,Wyke in if fit.
Is Loovens just pointless? 5th choice centre back or does that honour now go to Baldwin?
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-12, 3:29 pm

Kipper wrote:
Rovertsafc wrote:Burge in,Kimpioka in,Ozturk in,loovens in,Power in, Leadbitter in,Grigg in,Wyke in if fit.
Is Loovens just pointless? 5th choice centre back or does that honour now go to Baldwin?
He's injured anyway along with Watmore, Hume, McGeoch and Robson
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-12, 11:47 pm

Jack Ross has confirmed Sunderland will be without five players for Tuesday’s Carabao Cup trip to Accrington Stanley.
The Black Cats head to the Wham Stadium tomorrow night, kick-off 7:45pm, for their round one clash against John Coleman’s side.
After drawing their two Sky Bet League One games 1-1 so far, Ross revealed post-match on Saturday at Ipswich Town that changes will be in the offing.
Trio Glenn Loovens, Ethan Robson and Duncan Watmore remain out while Denver Hume and Dylan McGeouch will also miss the trip to Lancashire.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 8:27 am

Jack Ross is hopeful tonight’s Carabao Cup tie at Accrington Stanley can help his Sunderland side strike upon a winning formula. 
The Black Cats have been frustrated after two Sky Bet League One games so far, drawing both 1-1.
Lynden Gooch has grabbed both goals, with his latest one cancelling out Luke Garbutt’s 15thminute strike at Ipswich Town on Saturday. 
But as Ross’ attentions swiftly turn to tonight’s round one tie at the Wham Stadium, the Black Cats’ boss knows the draws must turn into wins sooner rather than later.  
“We want to start winning games again because we were frustrated last week and then again on Saturday,” he said.
“We were pleased with bits on Saturday and in our opening game against Oxford United, but we know we need to start winning games.
“Tuesday’s game will give us the chance to get players on the pitch who haven’t had the chance to get many minutes so far this season.
“It will help us assess where we are fitness-wise from Saturday’s game,” he continued.
“It was a tough match against a side that has just dropped out of the Championship.
“There was an intense atmosphere inside Portman Road and we put a lot into the game so we will have to assess how the players are before making a decision on our line-up for Tuesday’s game.”

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 8:52 am

Tonights team

I am hoping we revert to a 4-3-3 formation and would go with..

Keeper
Burge, just because he needs some game time.

Back 4
O'Nien..Wilis..Ozturk..McLaughlin. With Hume injured the left back position has become a major problem, one that needs solving ASPA by bringing in a left back. I would also be happy with Flanagan at right back to allow O'Nein to move into midfield.

Midfield 3
Robson..Leadbitter.Embleton because Embleton needs game time.

Front 3
Maguire..Mcnulty..McGeady because McGeady needs game time.

Of course there are many options, all with good reasons for game time, lets hope Ross is more decisive than I am.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-13, 9:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:Tonights team

I am hoping we revert to a 4-3-3 formation and would go with..

Keeper
Burge, just because he needs some game time.

Back 4
O'Nien..Wilis..Ozturk..McLaughlin. With Hume injured the left back position has become a major problem, one that needs solving ASPA by bringing in a left back. I would also be happy with Flanagan at right back to allow O'Nein to move into midfield.

Midfield 3
Robson..Leadbitter.Embleton because Embleton needs game time.

Front 3
Maguire..Mcnulty..McGeady because McGeady needs game time.

Of course there are many options, all with good reasons for game time, lets hope Ross is more decisive than I am.
Robson's injured - I refer you to your own post above Smile
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1545
Join date : 2016-03-17
Location : North Yorks

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 9:59 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Tonights team

I am hoping we revert to a 4-3-3 formation and would go with..

Keeper
Burge, just because he needs some game time.

Back 4
O'Nien..Wilis..Ozturk..McLaughlin. With Hume injured the left back position has become a major problem, one that needs solving ASPA by bringing in a left back. I would also be happy with Flanagan at right back to allow O'Nein to move into midfield.

Midfield 3
Robson..Leadbitter.Embleton because Embleton needs game time.

Front 3
Maguire..Mcnulty..McGeady because McGeady needs game time.

Of course there are many options, all with good reasons for game time, lets hope Ross is more decisive than I am.
Robson's injured - I refer you to your own post above Smile
Should have been Dobson not Robson, its an age thing

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Lever Malone on 2019-08-13, 2:36 pm

The draw for the next round will be on Sky after the Salford v Leeds match. For those watching on Sky, providing we beat Accrington, our draw number is 16. Newcastle are number 5 and Middlesbrough number 20.
Lever Malone
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 972
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 6:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-13, 8:06 pm

Im on Chatbox if anyone interested? Sorry I am late just got back Smile
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10258
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 8:11 pm

1-0 Mcnulty

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 9:41 pm

Just what the doctor ordered.1-3

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-13, 10:20 pm

Next up Burnley away.

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2874
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  fitz on 2019-08-13, 10:51 pm

good to see a win, Mcnulty getting a goal. Tough match in the next round but I don't want the cup competitions to become a distraction this season (esp not the checkatrade trophy)

________________________________________________________
"Life,” said Marvin dolefully, “loathe it or ignore it, you can’t like it."
fitz
fitz
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 249
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-14, 8:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49924
Join date : 2012-07-31
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley v Sunderland Empty Re: Accrington Stanley v Sunderland

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum