SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics

It seems i have been labeled pessimistic on here

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It seems i have been labeled pessimistic on here Empty It seems i have been labeled pessimistic on here

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-11, 2:42 pm

Well I neither consider myself pessimistic or optimistic, I think of myself a realist. Last season under Jack Ross we finished the lowest league position in the clubs history. Now that is not pessimism, that is real. We got away with point at home to Oxford by a dodgy penalty award and yesterday by all accounts played the worst 45 minutes football in many fans memories.
I am told that fans like me are in the minority, well that's not what I hear at the sol on the streets and in the pubs. If this makes me a pessimist, then there is a hell of a lot of them around.
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

It seems i have been labeled pessimistic on here Empty Re: It seems i have been labeled pessimistic on here

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-11, 3:01 pm

I would say a genuine fan would see for themselves, not have to be told by someone who bothered going to the game. 

Just my humble opinion of course  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

It seems i have been labeled pessimistic on here Empty Re: It seems i have been labeled pessimistic on here

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-11, 3:16 pm

wanderer wrote:Well I neither consider myself pessimistic or optimistic, I think of myself a realist. Last season under Jack Ross we finished the lowest league position in the clubs history. Now that is not pessimism, that is real. We got away with point at home to Oxford by a dodgy penalty award and yesterday by all accounts played the worst 45 minutes football in many fans memories.
I am told that fans like me are in the minority, well that's not what I hear at the sol on the streets and in the pubs. If this makes me a pessimist, then there is a hell of a lot of them around.
We do of course have to add in some more realism, we started last season without a full squad and a lot of problems. A manager new to England let alone division one and brand new owners. IMO to finish where we did was a minor miracle considering our starting point.

Is everyone delighted with our start, no. Do we want and expect better, yes but its all about, for me, how we deal with it and sacking the manager is again IMO the very last thing to do. Patience and time are needed.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RTB on 2019-08-11, 5:22 pm

wanderer wrote:Well I neither consider myself pessimistic or optimistic, I think of myself a realist. Last season under Jack Ross we finished the lowest league position in the clubs history. Now that is not pessimism, that is real. We got away with point at home to Oxford by a dodgy penalty award and yesterday by all accounts played the worst 45 minutes football in many fans memories.
You remind me a lot of someone on another Sunderland forum. All of your posts are negative and anti Jack Ross. I really do hope that you do not attend any games.

Have a good day.
RTB
RTB

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-08-11, 5:59 pm

Maybe 'The Little Git' isn't a one-off, RTB Wink
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  RTB on 2019-08-11, 6:10 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Maybe 'The Little Git' isn't a one-off, RTB Wink
Very Happy  you got it in one
RTB
RTB

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-08-11, 6:33 pm

Fact.....even if we finished as champions last season we would have only equalled our worst ever league finish like
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-11, 10:15 pm

oldblackcat wrote:

Fact.....even if we finished as champions last season we would have only equalled our worst ever league finish like
And that is down to the previous regime and those that put us in league 1. 

Oh, and we're not the first ex top tier team to find ourselves there. leeds, southampton, norwich, forest, leicester, man city. One day we'll be back but it's unlikely to be through constant upheaval.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-08-11, 10:26 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself.

What do you think we need to be doing?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-12, 4:18 pm

More than happy where the club is atm, would not bother me if we never get back to the premiership as football stands atm. Can live with being in the championship winning games rather than constant struggle in the prem and the inevitable relegation.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-13, 10:35 am

barrowmackem wrote:More than happy where the club is atm, would not bother me if we never get back to the premiership as football stands atm. Can live with being in the championship winning games rather than constant struggle in the prem and the inevitable relegation.
Shocked
wanderer
wanderer
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-08-13, 12:18 pm

barrowmackem wrote:More than happy where the club is atm, would not bother me if we never get back to the premiership as football stands atm. Can live with being in the championship winning games rather than constant struggle in the prem and the inevitable relegation.
But we are not in the championship 
And still not winning games 
To even get in the championship we have to win in the 1st  division
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-13, 1:19 pm

Vincemac wrote:
i know we are not in the championship but winning games there when we arrive will do for me.
Constant struggle in the Prem is a no no for me.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 1:48 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
i know we are not in the championship but winning games there when we arrive will do for me.
I think we are all ambitious to get back to the premiership but I get where you are coming from Barrow. My years in the prem brought some good games but TBH most came from getting to see world class players in the visiting team with the odd Man City shock win for us thrown in.
I want out of this division, cant believe to difference I see but yes, a top championship team would be nice right now.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 1:48 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:
I think we are all ambitious to get back to the premiership but I get where you are coming from Barrow. My years in the prem brought some good games but TBH most came from getting to see world class players in the visiting team with the odd Man City shock win for us thrown in.
I want out of this division, cant believe to difference I see but yes, a top championship team would be nice right now.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-13, 2:03 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

Heard you the first time you senile old bugger  Laughing

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-13, 4:42 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

Heard you the first time you senile old bugger  Laughing
I said

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-13, 8:56 pm

aye Syd the premiership is a waste of time for anyone bar the top six. Wish the top six would feck off to a Euro league.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-08-13, 9:23 pm

barrowmackem wrote:aye Syd the premiership is a waste of time for anyone bar the top six. Wish the top six would feck off to a Euro league.
Yeh that’s the way forward let the money men form there own league 
Thing would be much better for the rest
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-08-13, 11:04 pm

I too think the Championship is the place to be - good football, competitive league, the premier league is a joke (and not a funny one)

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-08-13, 11:21 pm

fitz wrote:I too think the Championship is the place to be - good football, competitive league, the premier league is a joke (and not a funny one)
Tbh, I've noted watched an entire EPL game for three seasons  Embarassed 

Ps. Lot's of EU though  Very Happy

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-14, 12:47 am

Vincemac wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:aye Syd the premiership is a waste of time for anyone bar the top six. Wish the top six would feck off to a Euro league.

indeed

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-08-14, 9:51 am

barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

indeed
I’m not keen on the phase ‘top four or top six’ but hey ho I can’t do anything about it.

What I am sure about though is that those clubs labelled as that still have many shall I say proper fans that have been going all their lives through thick and thin.  

If there was a breakaway group that went fannying around Europe I’m willing to bet there would soon be another top four or six that would develop because some clubs will always generate more money than others.  

Forming a breakaway league of any description is probably the only thing that would stop me going to matches or dare I say even watching the buggers on the telly.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-14, 8:16 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

indeed
I’m not keen on the phase ‘top four or top six’ but hey ho I can’t do anything about it.

What I am sure about though is that those clubs labelled as that still have many shall I say proper fans that have been going all their lives through thick and thin.  

If there was a breakaway group that went fannying around Europe I’m willing to bet there would soon be another top four or six that would develop because some clubs will always generate more money than others.  

Forming a breakaway league of any description is probably the only thing that would stop me going to matches or dare I say even watching the buggers on the telly.

Sid im not against teams building bigger stadiums and marketing themselves and generating wealth that way, but what I am against is the distribution of TV money and the likes. Its not a level playing field so teams like Sunderland will always be up against it. And this will not change until this is sorted.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-08-15, 10:21 am

barrowmackem wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

indeed

Sid im not against teams building bigger stadiums and marketing themselves and generating wealth that way, but what I am against is the distribution of TV money and the likes. Its not a level playing field so teams like Sunderland will always be up against it. And this will not change until this is sorted.
I can’t argue with that mate.  Despite my team doing well at the moment I still remember with fondness the days when I first started going and there used to be maybe any one of ten teams that could have won the Div.  I can prove that as even we won it in 68.   Smile

The impact Sky etc have had on football is massive and not always for the good.  Having said that I think the rot started when certain teams broke away and formed the premiership with the sole intention of creating a cartel. 

Will it get better?  Sadly I think not.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum