SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions week 04
PMA EmptyToday at 2:50 pm by Lever Malone

» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
PMA EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Loovens gone
PMA EmptyToday at 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
PMA EmptyToday at 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
PMA EmptyYesterday at 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
PMA EmptyYesterday at 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
PMA EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by Vincemac

» Leafue Table Mid week 3
PMA Empty2019-08-21, 7:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 3
PMA Empty2019-08-21, 7:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» RESULTS OF WEEK 2 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 3
PMA Empty2019-08-21, 9:59 am by Mackemneil

PMA

Go down

PMA Empty PMA

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-08-11, 7:08 am

Positive Mental Attitude.........

That's what our fans need....try 2 games without defeat instead of 2 draws....try we haven't played well but still have points rather than we are crap

No I'm not blind,stupid,a happy clapper or wearing rose tinted glasses...I know things aren't going the way us fans wanted but the negativity has to stop otherwise I fear the SOL will become a dark hateful place to play just like it was before last season

Stuart Donald stating we should aim for 100 points has heaped more pressure on the team and has the stupid minority of our fans (which appears to be growing) thinking that we should be winning every game....it dosen't work like that and I for one don't believe we need to hit that target to achieve promotion

Things need changing and I'm sure the players,manager and backroom staff will be working on it....it's still early days and I'm not bothered that we're not top of the league..it's where we need to be at the end of the season that's the main thing

Next week against Pompey the fans need to get behind the lads rather than scream abuse at every mistake..we need to be patient results will come 

Sick of reading that our players are shit,sick of reading we should sack Ross....we need to stay calm, every team Ross has managed has improved the 2nd season he has been in charge....I'm sure things will change but we need to stay patient and positive
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

PMA Empty Re: PMA

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-11, 8:55 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^APPL APPL  APPL
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-11, 9:02 am

Good post my freind and its no secret that I am a massive believer in PMA.

Many sincerely write about not being negative, just being realistic and I get that, realism is a good thing but realism also says that in the main we have a squad of first division players but many expect these players to give us premiership quality. Just 12 short months ago we were a club ready to drop out of existence after years of decline and two seasons of relegation. We had tried mangers of every category, all had failed for numerous reasons and I remember posting on this forum about waiting for the stadium to open and the place looking and feeling like a ghost town, going to games had become a test of loyalty not in any way a pleasure.

All of that changed last season and it was all down to the team in charge, they had brought the pleasure back. We had in the main a good season, yes it ended in disappointment but two Wembley trips and one hell of a ride for promotion rather than our normal relegation fight was a wonderful difference.

We badly need promotion this season, everyone is very aware of that and that fact alone heaps the pressure off everyone, fans included.

But we are two games in, yes we may go down if the rest of the season follows the pattern of the first two games, people who shout that from the rooftops are being realistic but oh so negative, you could almost believe its what some want.

I can only tell you what I see as my job as a supporter, its to go to games with the intention of doing all I can to support and to take some pressure off, I demand one thing from the team, whoever they are, 100% effort and commitment.

Sometimes that commitment seems to fall short from certain players so I ask myself are they lazy and dont give a shit or are they human and feeling the pressure, my honest opinion is the latter.

My advice, if you think we are shit, useless, should be sacked, dont deserve your support, dont give it, stay away, spend match day on Twitter with your mates telling everyone how shit we are, just stay away, we dont need you and I dont want you.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-11, 9:28 am

oldblackcat wrote:Positive Mental Attitude.........

That's what our fans need....try 2 games without defeat instead of 2 draws....try we haven't played well but still have points rather than we are crap

No I'm not blind,stupid,a happy clapper or wearing rose tinted glasses...I know things aren't going the way us fans wanted but the negativity has to stop otherwise I fear the SOL will become a dark hateful place to play just like it was before last season

Stuart Donald stating we should aim for 100 points has heaped more pressure on the team and has the stupid minority of our fans (which appears to be growing) thinking that we should be winning every game....it dosen't work like that and I for one don't believe we need to hit that target to achieve promotion

Things need changing and I'm sure the players,manager and backroom staff will be working on it....it's still early days and I'm not bothered that we're not top of the league..it's where we need to be at the end of the season that's the main thing

Next week against Pompey the fans need to get behind the lads rather than scream abuse at every mistake..we need to be patient results will come 

Sick of reading that our players are shit,sick of reading we should sack Ross....we need to stay calm, every team Ross has managed has improved the 2nd season he has been in charge....I'm sure things will change but we need to stay patient and positive
Please explain this statement in statistics if you will.
wanderer
wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2019-08-11, 10:39 am

It's a well known fact that EVERY club has it's doubters at some stage of the season and we are no different, it's just that ours have shown their cards so early.

Thankfully they are in a minority so the best way to overcome such negative people is to ignore them, they are simply a distraction.

To quote Winston Churchill - 'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty'.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-11, 11:46 am

Argus wrote:It's a well known fact that EVERY club has it's doubters at some stage of the season and we are no different, it's just that ours have shown their cards so early.

Thankfully they are in a minority so the best way to overcome such negative people is to ignore them, they are simply a distraction.

To quote Winston Churchill - 'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty'.
clapy clapy clapy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-11, 12:31 pm

A post to Donald on Twitter today

@stewartdonald3
Eastleigh lost Oxford won as for SAFC do your care or is this your opportunist steal? It’s going to get nasty unless you make some proper decisions for the sake of this huge football club. Be honnest to us fans and yourself we deserve better

His reply

[size=15]stewart donald

@stewartdonald3

·
1h

[/size]

Proper decisions - Reducing 35m losses, dealing with disruptive want away players, visiting fans, spending more than all our rivals, getting investment, clearing court cases (7). improvements needed & mistakes made sure but I can assure u I won’t stop till I get it right 4 u all

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-11, 12:36 pm

cyprussyd wrote:A post to Donald on Twitter today

@stewartdonald3
Eastleigh lost Oxford won as for SAFC do your care or is this your opportunist steal? It’s going to get nasty unless you make some proper decisions for the sake of this huge football club. Be honnest to us fans and yourself we deserve better

His reply

stewart donald

@stewartdonald3

·
1h

Proper decisions - Reducing 35m losses, dealing with disruptive want away players, visiting fans, spending more than all our rivals, getting investment, clearing court cases (7). improvements needed & mistakes made sure but I can assure u I won’t stop till I get it right 4 u all
Superb response to a "fan" I would rather not have supporting SAFC.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-11, 1:01 pm

gil t azell wrote:

@stewartdonald3

His reply

stewart donald

@stewartdonald3

·
1h

Keyboard warriors threatening to get 'nasty' are people we can well do without following our club. They are certainly not supporters Sad
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-08-11, 1:56 pm

wanderer wrote:

A fan on another site actually had the stats which showed that the win percentage went up....can't find it at the moment to post but it was kosher mate
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-11, 2:26 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
wanderer wrote:

A fan on another site actually had the stats which showed that the win percentage went up....can't find it at the moment to post but it was kosher mate
To clarify things for you here goes.
Jack Ross had only managed 2 teams prior to Sunderland. Firstly Alloa, he took control mid December 2015,therefor he was there 2nd half of the season and they were relegated.He was with them till mid October 2016 and left for St Mirren. So he never had a full season with them. So on to St Mirren, he was with them October to season end 2016/17 and then his only full season the following year before joining us.
So saying every team he managed improved 2nd season is a little misleading.
wanderer
wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-08-11, 6:31 pm

wanderer wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Jack Ross had only managed 2 teams prior to Sunderland. Firstly Alloa, he took control mid December 2015,therefor he was there 2nd half of the season and they were relegated.He was with them till mid October 2016 and left for St Mirren. So he never had a full season with them. So on to St Mirren, he was with them October to season end 2016/17 and then his only full season the following year before joining us.
Possibly a little misleading but every team he's managed has improved
True he couldn't save Alloa from relegation but next season he started well and had a record 10 game win streak leaving them 2nd top of Scot League1 to join St Mirren who he saved from relegation and then the next season he led them to the title
So technically the win percentage improved wherever he was
Wish I could find the stats again!!.......take it you want Ross out??
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-08-11, 9:51 pm

on a positive note - I think Mcnulty is going to have a good season Smile

Forum Father

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-11, 10:17 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
wanderer wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
wanderer wrote:

Possibly a little misleading but every team he's managed has improved
True he couldn't save Alloa from relegation but next season he started well and had a record 10 game win streak leaving them 2nd top of Scot League1 to join St Mirren who he saved from relegation and then the next season he led them to the title
So technically the win percentage improved wherever he was
Wish I could find the stats again!!.......take it you want Ross out??
No, I don't want another manager out. But I can't see us getting out of this division with him at the helm.
wanderer
wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-08-11, 10:18 pm

gil t azell wrote:

@stewartdonald3

His reply

stewart donald @stewartdonald3
1h

Excellent reply which included getting rid of Cattermole on his 6 year contract crawl  
Now use the money to buy a Striker  I love you

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum