SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Results Week 03
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 10:36 pm by Mackemneil

»  Rochdale v Sunderland
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 9:29 pm by fitz

» Predictions week 04
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 6:51 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Week 03
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 6:48 pm by gil t azell

» Hi BlackCats and Good Luck
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 5:25 pm by gil t azell

» Did anyone stay long enough on Saturday after the final whistle
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 12:42 pm by Kipper

» The cliff edge is near
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 11:28 am by Rovertsafc

» Latest Donald podcast
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 10:23 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Mid Week 03
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 9:55 am by Black Cat Kiwi

»  STEWART DONALD is ready to sell
Time to move away fans EmptyToday at 9:54 am by Kipper

Time to move away fans

Go down

Time to move away fans Empty Time to move away fans

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-06, 6:43 pm

A football fan has been banned from grounds until 2024 after throwing a bottle inside the Stadium of Light.
During Sunderland’s League One curtain-raiser against Oxford United on Saturday (August 3), police were alerted to an incident involving an away fan in the top-tier of the North Stand.
An away supporter had thrown a plastic bottle from the top of the stand shortly after the visitors had scored in the first half.
The bottle hit a Sunderland fan who was sat in the lower tier in the back of the neck.
An investigation was launched and Vinnie Eastman, 27, of Totteridge Road, High Wycombe, was arrested and later charged with throwing of a missile within a designated football match and common assault.
On Monday (August 5), he admitted both offences at South Tyneside Magistrates’ Court. He received a five-year football banning order and was subjected to an 18-month community order. He was also given an eight-week curfew and was ordered to pay compensation and a victim surcharge.
Chief Inspector Steve Readdie, of Northumbria Police, said: “It is totally unacceptable to throw a missile inside a ground – under any circumstances.
“A woman who was sat in the lower tier of the ground was injured as a result of Eastman’s irresponsible actions, and given the distance that the bottle travelled, it could easily have been more serious.
“The overwhelming majority of supporters behaved responsibly and enjoyed the first game of the season. I would like to thank those fans who contributed to a special opening-day atmosphere.
“However, this should act as a reminder that anyone who endangers the lives of others will be dealt with robustly, and Eastman is now banned from every football stadium in the UK for the next five years.
“I would like to remind fans that banning orders not only prevent you from watching regulated football matches in the UK, but they can also affect your future career prospects as they may be disclosed to potential employers through a vetting process or DBS check.”
The order forbids Eastman from attending any regulated football match in the UK until 2024, which includes Premier League, Championship, League One, League Two and National League fixtures, as well as England home internationals.
The banning order also prevents him from travelling abroad to watch international friendlies, qualification matches and tournaments.
Northumbria Police

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Time to move away fans Empty Re: Time to move away fans

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-06, 6:49 pm

They should never have moved them there in the 1st place. I moved from the North stand as soon as they did it. I was expecting bother even though I was expecting that from the club up the roads fans.

NW corner for this league will suffice for most teams in this league. Downstairs, away from the goal and still got the big exit tunnel in the event of an emergency.

It will require better planning in the future if we get promoted and we have to give fans more seats
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-06, 6:59 pm

I am in the North stand and have no problem with them being up there, if we can put up some sort of safety screen.
wanderer
wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-08-06, 7:15 pm

Unfortunately moving the away fans isn't going to happen any time soon....The reason?...cash

When the outcry of the dozy fans who wanted the away fans banished to the upper level (simply because them up the road took the mickey about the many pink seats which were on show when the away fans didn't take up their allocation) it cost a small fortune.

Why on earth they didn't just move them to the South West corner I have no idea...if the away team didn't take up their full allocation it wouldn't have been highlighted on the tv and the away fans wouldn't be visible either....the idea of extending the upper tier on the north stand was to have a big HOME stand like the Aston Villa kop according to Bob Murray.

Now we have the "new" Roker end and flags to bring back the atmosphere and the "Roker roar" fans probably don't want the away fans moved there...
but why not? after all weren't the away fans allocated the Roker end for the majority of the time we played at the old ground? and I always remember most noise coming from the Fulwell end anyway.

If the fans are to stay where they are maybe we should put a perspex barrier up like they had at the Ajax ground when I visited....probably a better option than a net which would obscure the vision of the pitch

Failing that we should leave it as it is and sooner or later I'll get hit with something and be able to sue the club for failing to provide a safe environment to watch the match Laughing
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2019-08-07, 3:27 am

That's right . . . . the away fans should have just changed places with our lads in the SW corner Wink

Having them above us where some idiot decided to put them was literally asking for the inevitable trouble that's becoming more common, and the atmosphere has also been ruined because of it Sad

We were once famous for the Roker Roar, which initially transferred to The Stadium, but now the atmosphere is amongst the worst because of the aforementioned idiot . . . . and other groups of fans do comment about it  Rolling Eyes

The sooner that they are moved to the South, and we can actually see them to have a bit of normal match banter, the sooner the atmosphere will be as it should be . . . . and the safer we'll be  Wink

I sent an email to Chris Waters shortly after the trouble from the Coventry arseholes, and the only thing of any note in his reply was to ask me for my comments about the difference in stewarding for that evening's Doncaster match . . . . a completely different situation where there were no problems whatsoever, so completely irrelevant !

What a waste of time reporting my concerns to him was  scratch
Gordon Armstrong
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum