SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions week 04
Late getting home from the game yesterday EmptyToday at 2:50 pm by Lever Malone

» American Billionaire Group close to takeover
Late getting home from the game yesterday EmptyToday at 2:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Loovens gone
Late getting home from the game yesterday EmptyToday at 11:36 am by barrowmackem

» SunderMad Connecticut branch
Late getting home from the game yesterday EmptyToday at 5:59 am by oxfordshire

» Chris Maguire on his difficult season at Bury
Late getting home from the game yesterday EmptyYesterday at 6:40 pm by barrowmackem

» Cattermole
Late getting home from the game yesterday EmptyYesterday at 6:37 pm by barrowmackem

» SUNDERLAND V AFC Wimbledon
Late getting home from the game yesterday EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by Vincemac

» Leafue Table Mid week 3
Late getting home from the game yesterday Empty2019-08-21, 7:50 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 3
Late getting home from the game yesterday Empty2019-08-21, 7:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» RESULTS OF WEEK 2 AND FIXTURES FOR WEEK 3
Late getting home from the game yesterday Empty2019-08-21, 9:59 am by Mackemneil

Late getting home from the game yesterday

Go down

Late getting home from the game yesterday Empty Late getting home from the game yesterday

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-04, 11:12 am

Had trouble finding the application form for the "get ross out group" his tactics are getting worse game by game. 30000 people could have chosen a better starting 11 than he did. Keep him I fear we wont make top 6.
wanderer
wanderer

Back to top Go down

Late getting home from the game yesterday Empty Re: Late getting home from the game yesterday

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-04, 11:48 am

wanderer wrote:Had trouble finding the application form for the "get ross out group" his tactics are getting worse game by game. 30000 people could have chosen a better starting 11 than he did. Keep him I fear we wont make top 6.
Well I cant see you getting many Ross out on here and funny how when the team was announced EVERYONE around me said good team.

Still we could try sacking the manager, worked well min the past.

Welcome BTW, nice to have someone prepared to say what they think and give an opposing viewpoint.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Late getting home from the game yesterday Empty Re: Late getting home from the game yesterday

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-04, 4:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
wanderer wrote:Had trouble finding the application form for the "get ross out group" his tactics are getting worse game by game. 30000 people could have chosen a better starting 11 than he did. Keep him I fear we wont make top 6.
Well I cant see you getting many Ross out on here and funny how when the team was announced EVERYONE around me said good team.

Still we could try sacking the manager, worked well min the past.

Welcome BTW, nice to have someone prepared to say what they think and give an opposing viewpoint.
I said good team. O9 for Gooch I would have been happier. Gucci was one of our better players yesterday. What do we know eh?
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-04, 4:31 pm

The great and often puzzling thing about football is that we all have opinions, whats the puzzle, well managers tend to have played professionally then done their badgers to gain knowledge.
Fans on the other hand dont but still always know best.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-04, 4:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:The great and often puzzling thing about football is that we all have opinions, whats the puzzle, well managers tend to have played professionally then done their badgers to gain knowledge.
Fans on the other hand dont but still always know best.

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-08-04, 5:36 pm

Coaches always get too much credit when a team does well and too much stick when a team does badly - its (just IMO) largely down to the quality of the players on the pitch (unless you have someone that is a truly exceptional motivator or tactician)

Forum Father

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-05, 11:39 am

Let me try again.
Saturdays starting 11
McLauglin     gk
McLauglin     rcd                        
Willis            cd                         
Flanagan      lcd                        
Gooch          rwb    normal am   
McGeouch    dm                        
Dobson        dm                        
Hume          lwb                        
Embleton     No 10 role
Grigg          s
Mc Nulty     s

Now please tell me who could not pick a better starting 11 than these, I am no manager or coach but to me that team screams we are going out not to lose. Pre season Ross said he wanted more clean sheets and less draws, and he expects that selection and formation to end in top two. Bloody cuckoo land.
whether anyone thought that was a good team is not the point, the point I made was could you have picked a better 11 than Ross did.
Be brave speak up.
wanderer
wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-05, 12:10 pm

wanderer wrote:Let me try again.
Saturdays starting 11
McLauglin     gk
McLauglin     rcd                        
Willis            cd                         
Flanagan      lcd                        
McGeouch    dm                        
Dobson        dm                        
Hume          lwb                        
Embleton     No 10 role
Grigg          s
Mc Nulty     s

Now please tell me who could not pick a better starting 11 than these, I am no manager or coach but to me that team screams we are going out not to lose. Pre season Ross said he wanted more clean sheets and less draws, and he expects that selection and formation to end in top two. Bloody cuckoo land.
whether anyone thought that was a good team is not the point, the point I made was could you have picked a better 11 than Ross did.
Be brave speak up.
2 changes for me, O'Nien at wing back and Wyke for Grigg.

Whatever style we train for we always resort to high balls and Wyke is the only striker who wins them. O'Neins energy is needed.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  wanderer on 2019-08-05, 12:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Saturdays starting 11
McLauglin     gk
McLauglin     rcd                        
Willis            cd                         
Flanagan      lcd                        
McGeouch    dm                        
Dobson        dm                        
Hume          lwb                        
Embleton     No 10 role
Grigg          s
Mc Nulty     s

Be brave speak up.

Whatever style we train for we always resort to high balls and Wyke is the only striker who wins them. O'Neins energy is needed.
I would have had Ozturk for Flanagan Maguire for Embleton and Watmore for Grigg, and played 4231. and gone for a win and not to lose. The team he put out was more suited to an away game to a top 4 team.
wanderer
wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-05, 1:41 pm

wanderer wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Saturdays starting 11
McLauglin     gk
McLauglin     rcd                        
Willis            cd                         
Flanagan      lcd                        
McGeouch    dm                        
Dobson        dm                        
Hume          lwb                        
Embleton     No 10 role
Grigg          s
Mc Nulty     s

Be brave speak up.

I would have had Ozturk for Flanagan Maguire for Embleton and Watmore for Grigg, and played 4231. and gone for a win and not to lose. The team he put out was more suited to an away game to a top 4 team.

Not sure about Ozturk but I definitely see a case for Maguire and Watmore in the starting line-up. At least their instinct is to attack.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-08-05, 1:52 pm

According to Ross:

Ross said: "Aiden wasn't fit enough to start, Duncan was borderline and Chris missed a chunk of pre-season as well. A number of those are working their way back to full fitness because they missed 50 or 60 per cent of pre-season.
“Aiden missed a lot at the end of last season as well.
I don't think we could have had any more attack-minded players on the pitch at the start of the end of the game but them coming back to full fitness should hopefully help us become a bit more clinical in the final third.
“It was the same with Max Power, he's missed most of pre-season."

As long as he's seen the need for it - but please bring those attack minded players on earlier if they can't start.
Kipper
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-05, 1:55 pm

Kipper wrote:According to Ross:

Ross said: "Aiden wasn't fit enough to start, Duncan was borderline and Chris missed a chunk of pre-season as well. A number of those are working their way back to full fitness because they missed 50 or 60 per cent of pre-season.
I don't think we could have had any more attack-minded players on the pitch at the start of the end of the game but them coming back to full fitness should hopefully help us become a bit more clinical in the final third.

As long as he's seen the need for it - but please bring those attack minded players on earlier if they can't start.
And thats why I think its easy to be critical but we dont know all the facts. When McGeady came on he looked very rusty. Maguire and Watmore do look ready

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-08-05, 4:48 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

And thats why I think its easy to be critical but we dont know all the facts. When McGeady came on he looked very rusty. Maguire and Watmore do look ready
It is easy to bitch and moan after the event however ,,,, SAFC are going UP AUTOMATICALLY , Grigg will score 20 ( not sure that's goals or ladies at nightclubs but whichever fair play to the lad ) , Maguire is going to stonk this league this season and be League Ones best player , Dobson will be hailed as our best signing in decades ,,,, oh fek me meds ran out
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-05, 6:25 pm

cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

It is easy to bitch and moan after the event however ,,,, SAFC are going UP AUTOMATICALLY , Grigg will score 20 ( not sure that's goals or ladies at nightclubs but whichever fair play to the lad ) , Maguire is going to stonk this league this season and be League Ones best player , Dobson will be hailed as our best signing in decades ,,,, oh fek me meds ran out
Take some more medication

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2019-08-05, 10:56 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Brilliant post.  I’ll have two.
Sid MCFC
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-08-06, 7:10 am

Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Just stocking up for Vince and Paulines visit , anyone else want a cool cold Medicinal mythos ?
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-06, 12:36 pm

cretanmakem wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Just stocking up for Vince and Paulines visit , anyone else want a cool cold Medicinal mythos ?
Hahaha - not sure you have enough there - I have met Vince Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2019-08-06, 6:45 pm

Kipper wrote:
wanderer wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Saturdays starting 11
McLauglin     gk
McLauglin     rcd                        
Willis            cd                         
Flanagan      lcd                        
McGeouch    dm                        
Dobson        dm                        
Hume          lwb                        
Embleton     No 10 role
Grigg          s
Mc Nulty     s

Be brave speak up.

Not sure about Ozturk but I definitely see a case for Maguire and Watmore in the starting line-up. At least their instinct is to attack.
Pray tell me where the pace lies in that starting eleven,that is what Oxford had they were like bees buzzing all over us first half.
Rovertsafc
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum