SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Tests, tests and more bloody tests!
A new season dawns EmptyToday at 11:35 am by canary-dave

» To those at the game tonight
A new season dawns EmptyToday at 10:47 am by Hieronymus

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
A new season dawns EmptyToday at 10:40 am by Hieronymus

» A very good morning one and all
A new season dawns EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by trouble_n_stripes

» A very happy birthday!
A new season dawns EmptyYesterday at 10:54 am by fulwellend47

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
A new season dawns EmptyYesterday at 9:25 am by Sid MCFC

» Predictions Mid week 12
A new season dawns EmptyYesterday at 7:58 am by Lever Malone

» Results week 12
A new season dawns Empty2019-10-21, 10:38 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Predictions week 13
A new season dawns Empty2019-10-21, 6:10 pm by canary-dave

» League table Week 12
A new season dawns Empty2019-10-21, 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

A new season dawns

Go down

A new season dawns Empty A new season dawns

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-01, 2:21 am

Well it's 2 in the morning, Annette been asleep all day and evening and now fast asleep in bed so I sit alone with my thoughts,

Those thoughts have been on SunderMad for some time, whats the point, time to kill it off, sad to see its slow lingering death, but, Sundermad stopped being a football forum long ago, TBH I'm not sure what it is now but its a sanctuary for many so how can it be killed off?

It saddens me to see some regular posters fade away, Lesmack, Silvers, Vinkle and Sunderpitt to mention just 4, I miss them all.

But now my thoughts are with the people who still visit us, their trials and tribulations, life can kick you and many of us on here have had our fair share of kicks and its them who keep us going, not for their regular posts but for their hard earned friendship.

Our Kiwi friends Noz and Black Cat Kiwi, Kiwi in particular has had is fair share of trials but he is still here and that pleases me.

Oxford who it seems sees SunderMad as his contact with the old country, rain, snow and heat waves.

"H" and the tragedy of her son in laws death and how that has changed her and Steve's life, changes that I must admit worry me, is she taking on to much and if she is how the hell does she reduce the strain, not easy at all.

Gill, the happy party animal who hit the buffers not long ago with the loss of his job, so pleased he fought back and is again our party boy.

Then of course we have Dave, poor bugger fought hard to get here a few weeks ago and showed a strength I dont have, good luck my friend and keep fighting.

The 4 I started with all have their trials, Les and his wonderful wife who is far from well. Sunderpitt and his change in life when his home was expanded, not unlike H but maybe not as tragic.

Silvers and his grandchildren who he says keep him young but despite that he needs to remember he is no longer young.

And of course Vinkle and his lovely Katie who he lost, a loss he will never completely get over.

And Billy, what a shock that was and a shock that hit Jerry hard.

So how can SunderMad ever be killed off, it cant. It may one day die naturally but until then take some love and care from the old man of Coxhoe in the early hours of Thursday morning.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

A new season dawns Empty Re: A new season dawns

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2019-08-01, 3:01 am

Geez Syd, You've set me off....My challengers which'll remain private took another turn recently but are nothing compared to those faced by many others so I count myself blessed to be able to try and help. Hopefully one day I'll get to shout you a nice cuppa. You're a mighty fine gentleman indeed, God Bless Good Sir.

Ps. Damn cold here with snow overnight on the hills.  rendeer

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2019-08-02, 8:50 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well it's 2 in the morning, Annette been asleep all day and evening and now fast asleep in bed so I sit alone with my thoughts,

Those thoughts have been on SunderMad for some time, whats the point, time to kill it off, sad to see its slow lingering death, but, Sundermad stopped being a football forum long ago, TBH I'm not sure what it is now but its a sanctuary for many so how can it be killed off?

It saddens me to see some regular posters fade away, Lesmack, Silvers, Vinkle and Sunderpitt to mention just 4, I miss them all.

But now my thoughts are with the people who still visit us, their trials and tribulations, life can kick you and many of us on here have had our fair share of kicks and its them who keep us going, not for their regular posts but for their hard earned friendship.

Our Kiwi friends Noz and Black Cat Kiwi, Kiwi in particular has had is fair share of trials but he is still here and that pleases me.

Oxford who it seems sees SunderMad as his contact with the old country, rain, snow and heat waves.

"H" and the tragedy of her son in laws death and how that has changed her and Steve's life, changes that I must admit worry me, is she taking on to much and if she is how the hell does she reduce the strain, not easy at all.

Gill, the happy party animal who hit the buffers not long ago with the loss of his job, so pleased he fought back and is again our party boy.

Then of course we have Dave, poor bugger fought hard to get here a few weeks ago and showed a strength I dont have, good luck my friend and keep fighting.

The 4 I started with all have their trials, Les and his wonderful wife who is far from well. Sunderpitt and his change in life when his home was expanded, not unlike H but maybe not as tragic.

Silvers and his grandchildren who he says keep him young but despite that he needs to remember he is no longer young.

And of course Vinkle and his lovely Katie who he lost, a loss he will never completely get over.

So how can SunderMad ever be killed off, it cant. It may one day die naturally but until then take some love and care from the old man of Coxhoe in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Well said Syd. You have captured the camaraderie of Sundermad and spread the love. Hoping to meet you in October.
oxfordshire
oxfordshire
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-02, 10:47 am

oxfordshire wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well it's 2 in the morning, Annette been asleep all day and evening and now fast asleep in bed so I sit alone with my thoughts,

Well said Syd. You have captured the camaraderie of Sundermad and spread the love. Hoping to meet you in October.
You sure will, remind me of the date and game, BTW if you need a ticket just let me know

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-02, 9:42 pm

Brill post.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-08-02, 11:00 pm

the longer you live the more you realise that no-one has it easy (even those that may appear otherwise from the outside) all you can do is keep trying  Smile

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-03, 1:00 am

Match day is here and I have a good feeling about this season for what its worth.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-08-03, 5:36 am

barrowmackem wrote:Match day is here and I have a good feeling about this season for what its worth.
It is worth 13/8 for us to finish in top 2 , now most of you do not gamble  but for me it adds a wee bit to my sporting viewing , and so for each bet I win after I have achieved my weekly 'win' target amount half of that 'free' money goes onto this bet . If at the end of the season we achieve top two I will get a 100% 'free' lump . 
I can say I feel very good about our forthcoming season and expect a reasonable amount to land in my bank account .
Haway the lads , FTM .
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-03, 5:41 am

31000 sold so should reach 32000 by kick off time.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-03, 7:00 am

Yippee. That is all.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2019-08-03, 11:59 am

Dearest Syd, thank you for caring - we all have our trials that are sometimes hard to bear. It is part of being human, but honestly I am fine. Life is getting better for the family as our daughter has now started working at RAF Boulmer, in a civilian job doing social media and events, and she is loving it. They are also in process of getting their own house in the village. Kids have settled really well in school and nursery and both daughter and children have made friends. I never thought she would settle in a small rural/coastal village after living in busy cities most of her adult life, but perhaps the last year has taught her the hard way what is important. It is wonderful to see them all blossoming after a traumatic year. Not forgetting our son who is enjoying his job in Cheltenham and doing really well, and has even bought his own flat now and we helped him move in, in May. So all in all things have been busy for me but we have got through the worst. When the family move into their own place we will still be babysitting after school and nursery, till mum is home from work but it won't be constant and we will have our evenings back. We have a lovely holiday planned - cruise on the Douro - November 1st - 8th with another couple of very good friends, and I am looking forward to that very much.

I have messaged Vinkel and Silvers and asked them to please come back - not sure what happened but hopefully they will reconsider, along with Les and Sunders who all contributed so much to this group. Of course, as you say, Billy is still very much in our thoughts too.

Your post clearly shows why Sundermad is more than a football forum - and how it always was. Football is what brought us together, but love and friendship are the ties that bind  I love you

Anyway FOOTBALL IS BACK!! And I am really looking forward to a good day today and an excellent season.

I will open Chatbox later for anyone who wants to join in who cannot get to the match.

love sunderland
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum