SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Predictions Mid week 12
Our captain EmptyToday at 1:19 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions week 13
Our captain EmptyToday at 12:55 pm by Vincemac

» Results week 12
Our captain EmptyToday at 12:41 pm by Gordon Armstrong

» League table Week 12
Our captain EmptyToday at 12:31 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Can't say I'm looking forward to Tuesday
Our captain EmptyToday at 11:50 am by wanderer

» Sunderland v Tranmere Rovers
Our captain EmptyYesterday at 9:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» For SidMCFC
Our captain EmptyYesterday at 7:13 pm by Sid MCFC

» Parky it is then
Our captain EmptyYesterday at 7:53 am by cyprussyd

» Wycombe Wanderers v Sunderland AFC
Our captain EmptyYesterday at 7:31 am by barrowmackem

» Strong rumours
Our captain Empty2019-10-19, 11:31 am by Vincemac

Our captain

Go down

Our captain Empty Our captain

Post  gil t azell on 2019-07-31, 6:20 pm

Is Honeyman off to Hull?

SAFC have apprently accepted the offer.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Our captain Empty Re: Our captain

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-31, 6:38 pm

gil t azell wrote:Is Honeyman off to Hull?

SAFC have apprently accepted the offer.
Would no be in the least surprised. I am a fan but with the new players he will have a fight to keep his place

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-31, 6:39 pm

SUNDERLAND ACCEPT HONEYMAN BID
Sunderland have accepted an undisclosed bid from Hull for their captain George Honeyman, Sky Sports News understands.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-07-31, 7:43 pm

If it's true there will be quite a few happy "fans?"....poor old George was a scapegoat for many and all he wanted to do was his best for his hometown club...sad really Sad....if it's true I wish him all the best
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-07-31, 8:18 pm

oldblackcat wrote:If it's true there will be quite a few happy "fans?"....poor old George was a scapegoat for many and all he wanted to do was his best for his hometown club...sad really Sad....if it's true I wish him all the best

I would not knock the guy but I think we have better players so not too disappointed. Although I accept his love and commitment were 2nd to none.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-07-31, 9:18 pm

[*]
[size=15]Keith Downie

@SkySports_Keith

[/size]

Understand the fee agreed between the two clubs is in the region of £400k. Honeyman only had a year left on his contract. Set for medical tomorrow.

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-07-31, 9:55 pm

I cannot imagine who JR will select.

Dobson although young was captain of Walsall and I think the Coventry lad has been a captain previously. Will he make McGeouch captain? Could McGeady do it?
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2019-07-31, 10:47 pm

gil t azell wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:If it's true there will be quite a few happy "fans?"....poor old George was a scapegoat for many and all he wanted to do was his best for his hometown club...sad really Sad....if it's true I wish him all the best

I would not knock the guy but I think we have better players so not too disappointed. Although I accept his love and commitment were 2nd to none.
This 100%. Loved.him for the commitment and effort but more talent available. Good luck and best wishes. You never deserved any stabbings off.
Kipper
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2019-08-01, 11:09 am

Kipper wrote:
gil t azell wrote:

This 100%. Loved.him for the commitment and effort but more talent available. Good luck and best wishes. You never deserved any stabbings off.
👍
Mackemneil
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panther on 2019-08-01, 11:19 am

As many will know I am from Hull and we have without doubt the worst Owners in the business who originally saved us from extinction but who had a devious plan where they expected to be given the KCOM Stadium (owned by the Council) so they could develop the surrounding land and change our name to Hull Tigers. When this was turned down they turned on the Council and the Fans and are the most hated owners in football. The capacity is 25,000 and we will be lucky to average about 8,000 this coming season such is the hatred for them. There could well be more people going to away games then the home games this season. Crying shame but that's the way the Allam's are. With little or no money in the 'War Chest' it looks like we will be fielding a 2-8-0 tactic as the tall forward (Tom Eaves) is already injured. I can see Sunderland coming up this season and don't think you will miss Honeyman at all.
Panther
Panther
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2019-08-01, 11:23 am

Good luck to him its business. Thought he would be worth more than 400 grand though.
All we ever ask at Sunderland is give your all, and George certainly did that.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-02, 6:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  fitz on 2019-08-02, 11:01 pm

not sure I see the logic for that kind of money (and I doubt he was on a huge wage), still not sure how much of an impact it will have on the pitch (not much I wouldn't think)

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2019-08-03, 5:42 am

fitz wrote:not sure I see the logic for that kind of money (and I doubt he was on a huge wage), still not sure how much of an impact it will have on the pitch (not much I wouldn't think)
Word  is he was on 500k a year so 10k a week gets us 1/2 or even 3 first division players . At 400k Hull have a bargain but with his contract due to end and his wages at that level it also became good business for SAFC in my opinion .
cretanmakem
cretanmakem
First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2019-08-03, 5:53 am

I guess the boo boys will have to find a new scapegoat now  like

canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2019-08-03, 7:18 am

canary-dave wrote:I guess the boo boys will have to find a new scapegoat now  like
They have 2 already......Grigg and Wyke Mad
oldblackcat
oldblackcat
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-03, 9:01 am

oldblackcat wrote:
canary-dave wrote:I guess the boo boys will have to find a new scapegoat now  like
They have 2 already......Grigg and Wyke Mad
With Gooch waiting in line

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2019-08-03, 9:01 am

I think it was good business for the club as his contract was up next year and with the amount of midfielders we have someone was going to miss out, also helps towards the financial fair play gets us in better shape to move forward as a club also gives us a bit of wiggle room with regards to wages should we need something else in January......... good luck George
paddocklad
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2019-08-03, 9:07 am

paddocklad wrote:I think it was good business for the club as his contract was up next year and with the amount of midfielders we have someone was going to miss out, also helps towards the financial fair play gets us in better shape to move forward as a club also gives us a bit of wiggle room with regards to wages should we need something else in January......... good luck George
Yes someone had to go from midfield and its usually a case of who is wanted by other clubs, Hull wanted George, George was given the option and I'm certain it was a very sad day for the lad. But a higher league, probably on more money and still not that far from home. Win win I would say.

Worth pointing out that for a shit player who is not good enough for our league one club, must be true coz the experts of twitter tell us, a Championship club wanted him, how does that work?

cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2019-08-03, 9:52 am

cyprussyd wrote:
paddocklad wrote:I think it was good business for the club as his contract was up next year and with the amount of midfielders we have someone was going to miss out, also helps towards the financial fair play gets us in better shape to move forward as a club also gives us a bit of wiggle room with regards to wages should we need something else in January......... good luck George
Yes someone had to go from midfield and its usually a case of who is wanted by other clubs, Hull wanted George, George was given the option and I'm certain it was a very sad day for the lad. But a higher league, probably on more money and still not that far from home. Win win I would say.

Worth pointing out that for a shit player who is not good enough for our league one club, must be true coz the experts of twitter tell us, a Championship club wanted him, how does that work?
Yeh I was shot down for suggesting he wasn’t good enough 
However his appearances for us didn’t make us a better team 
He won’t be missed 
Good luck George on your new adventure
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2019-08-03, 10:06 am

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Yeh I was shot down for suggesting he wasn’t good enough 
However his appearances for us didn’t make us a better team 
He won’t be missed 
Good luck George on your new adventure
Agree Vince.
gil t azell
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content